Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I remember both this document and the interviews, but did not get the impression from the wording that MBP wasn't there when IP and CD/LV met.
So I wonder if you base your idea that MBP wasn't there on her words "I think", "I heard"?
To me this sounds just like her way of phrasing the sentences MOO

So IP had to tell CD the "uncle" that he would take care of MBP. But not her actual father.

Yep. That's worth looking into about how CD has that sort of power in her life.

Well, yes, that's weird, but if they met 4-5 days into their long-lasting :D 10-day relationship (*before marriage), they could consider him as a very serious candidate for "taking reigns over" :D Those are not ordinary people IMO
But I get your point :)
There's something about him living next door to Alex that makes me question their meeting, beyond the 'coincidence' of meeting someone on a dating app who lives in the same complex.

Thank you. I was wondering about that. My opinion, part of the interest was from Lori who never went to college. It might have made her feel cool to hang out on campus. Chad's fantasy thing with the cheerleader works better at a school setting. Throw in his interest in his interest with the Biggest Loser contestant...he may have been working on his own physical makeover already. I don't know why I bother trying to figure out their decision making though..they have no moral compass, not even within their own weird moral code. Jmo
You're welcome!
Living vicariously through TR, encouraging her to go to BYU, as LV always wanted to but then didn’t. With no insurance payout, who would pay the tuition? One of the TH neighbors did say that she thought TR was attending BYU.

You're welcome!
Living vicariously through TR, encouraging her to go to BYU, as LV always wanted to but then didn’t. With no insurance payout, who would pay the tuition? One of the TH neighbors did say that she thought TR was attending BYU.
Lori was telling people that Tylee was attending BYU. She told it to MG. Tylee never went to BYU, police checked. As to tuition, people who can't afford to go take out loans, but no t sure what it has to do with this particular story, as Tylee never attended.

Colby is an adult and IMO would know if what happened to him as a child constitutes as sexual abuse. He doesn't gain anything from the admission.
A child can be convinced by a parent they were abused by another parent (even if it's not true). I believe Lori engaged in paternal alienation with both Colby and Tylee.

Actually Kay said that Lori used to be a good mother and Lori's friend from Arizona whose daughter was Tylee's best friend found her a great mother. This was published on Feb 24:

"We know Lori, my daughter loves Lori and thinks of her as a second mom, so the kids must be okay wherever they're at," said Echo Itaaehau.

Family friends remember Lori Vallow as a loving mother, hold out hope for JJ and Tylee
Considering that there are multiple testimonies about her being a good mother, my theory is that she changed. People change.

That's sweet of you.
I have absolutely no doubt that LV was NEVER a good mother. It's just that people didn't see it, and the kids had no frame of reference (or ability or experience of something different) to say anything about it or even to realize. Kids can't do that: they need whatever mother they got.
But anyone who keeps ripping her children's lives up for no apparent reason, but just randomly, no, that's not a good mother. And she seems to have taken away everything that might anchor her children and give them a sense of security. "The People of the Lie" by M Scott Peck. People who deliberately do the exact opposite of what their children need...

It's true a cult can change your personality. Anyone who's tried to get a loved one back out of that frame of mind will attest to that.

And people do change. Sometimes even for the better.

But we have a lot of reports of behaviors from long before the cult that stretch the imagination when it comes to thinking "Would this action benefit my children?"

Doesn't seem there are that many good arguments for how the constant instability could have benefited the children ("helps them adapt quickly to changing priorities" is usually good on an adult's resume, but that skill develops more readily with a stable childhood).

More likely is the inclination for people not to talk negatively of people within their immediate circle, and this is a primarily LDS circle where it would likely be considered bad form to talk negatively of your fellow church member or someone who employs you (how many jobs will the nanny line up if she tells the truth, which will sound like she's talking smack?).

You've had that conversation before, haven't you? Where they ask you about BillyBobDownTheStreet and your knee-jerk reaction is "Sure, good enough neighbor" when in reality, his dog pees on your roses and he plays loud techno-pop at 3am that rattles your windows, but only on every other Thursday, so you haven't complained yet, but...

It's kind of the equivalent of "Hi, how are you?" and saying "Just fine, thanks, and you?" when in reality, your pet kangaroo just died, your bunions are absolutely killing you, and you're pretty sure that all-you-can-eat sushi place gave you a tapeworm. A bit much to discuss, but you're far from "fine."

Then when someone asks pointedly, the second time, you say "Oh, are we having THAT conversation? Well, actually...'

As stated, and 100% agreed upon here is the more likely situation where the "public-facing mom" does all the right things to win the LDS mom of the year contest (in a culture that encourages/enforces gender roles in a way where this inclination may be valued considerably more than other roles) and behind closed doors is less conscious of behavior that won't be seen and judged (which is another layer of instability - if anyone was to be dissociative here, it should have been the children from their constantly changing realities, and that really makes me angry).

All that said, I genuinely admire the kindness and hope extended in hoping there's another truth to all we know, which is an overwhelming amount of information, but still very little in the bigger scheme of things. I can't get there right now, maybe ever, but I recognize what it takes to get there. And in the end, it doesn't really matter what I think, other than whether or not it hurts someone else and the degree to which I can live with my thoughts and still be (hopefully) useful to the world.

When I suggested the possibility of menopause-induced schizophrenia a few threads back in explaining what seems like an escalation of extreme behavior, it made me squinch up my face, because that kind of diagnosis activates my empathy, big-time.

Right now, it feels better to just be 100% black and white, no gray area, mad as he!! with few exceptions.

I understood it that Chad was given the option to stay inside the home but would be accompanied everywhere, including the bathroom. He chose to leave the house. He got in his car and sat until they found what they were looking for and Chad fled. I sense however that had he left in the car initially, they still would be following him or tracking him. They knew that something was going down and would not risk losing him to either flee or commit suicide. JMO
He was just sitting in his vehicle waiting to see what was found? Could be he decided to drive to his attorney’s office. I’ve wondered why his attorney made such a point of saying his client didn’t flee. MOO

Lori was telling people that Tylee was attending BYU. She told it to MG. Tylee never went to BYU, police checked. As to tuition, people who can't afford to go take out loans, but no t sure what it has to do with this particular story, as Tylee never attended.
We have been over this on numerous threads but BYU-I has conflicting info on whether they allow 17 y/o to attend - I think the consensus was no. LDS folks can get a reduced rate, which Tylee would be able to utilize - however funding is based upon her parents income (their previous year's tax return info) for such things like Pell grants. She would not qualify for those based upon CV's income (IMO). Loans cannot be given to a 17 y/o because their signature is not legally binding, thus TR would require a co-signer (ie: LVD).
JMO

We have been over this on numerous threads but BYU-I has conflicting info on whether they allow 17 y/o to attend - I think the consensus was no. LDS folks can get a reduced rate, which Tylee would be able to utilize - however funding is based upon her parents income (their previous year's tax return info) for such things like Pell grants. She would not qualify for those based upon CV's income (IMO). Loans cannot be given to a 17 y/o because their signature is not legally binding, thus TR would require a co-signer (ie: LVD).
JMO
CV was dead. So he had no income anymore. But regardless, I don't think we even know if she actually even had a GRE, do we?

A child can be convinced by a parent they were abused by another parent (even if it's not true). I believe Lori engaged in paternal alienation with both Colby and Tylee.
Very true - but I don't think Colby is in any mood to be "protecting" LVD or any of "her" stories right now. Then again, if he was coached/brainwashed enough as a small child it might become ingrained into long term memory without him actually "lying" for his mama. I do not want in any way to question him on such a sensitive topic because it takes someone so much courage to come forward - it is wise remember to always have compassion. To be honest, I would prefer to err on the side of the victim until proven otherwise in cases of child sexual abuse.

JMO
IMO, LV was "attending" in her mind when she was walking around the track like a teenager.

I believe that Tylee's aunt is an allowed source and has one of the most comprehensive sourced blogs/timelines.

I don't need to repeat the words used but you will find the particular tweet regarding the condition of her remains at this link dated June 26, 2020.
She states the remains were dismembered along with other information.

https://twitter.com/AnnieCushing/with_replies

The comprehensive timeline at this link.

Timeline of Events Around the Disappearance of Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow - Annielytics.com

The focus of this particular discussion is about the timing and source of the word "dismembered", though. I contend that Nate Eaton, with the best of intentions, added this characterization himself, when no LE source has said this word. He also does not attribute it to anyone or anything other than (I assume) his reading of the APC, which does not state that. As for Annie Cushing, she may be an allowable subject here, but unless she cites a reference, I think we have to assume she also got it from Nate Eaton putting it out there in MSM.

ETA: can you give me a specific link within Annie's twitter feed that I can look at? I can't find the word "dismembered" in her comprehensive timeline.

I think JJ's remains were found first (next to a pond at the back of the property) and they weren't burned.
You may be correct in that finding JJ came first, but I would think that with the amount of personel there and the intel they had, that they were working on both spots at the same time. JJ was easier and quicker to recover considering the body was intact. Although the property isn't that big, JJ's burial spot was in the back of the property. Chad was sitting in his daughter's driveway and not knowing the lay of the land or Chad's vantage point, he may not have been able to clearly see JJ's spot. It's also possible that his line of sight may have been blocked by equipment and/or screening.

Tylee's location was much more centered in the property and much closer to the road and as we know, her remains were much more strewn about the area. It would have taken a lot more time with digging, sifting, and sorting out human bones from animal bones. Chad sat there for a while before he took off. On an earlier thread someone mentioned that he could have been Googling lawyers but there may have been a bit of sarcasm in that thread.

Maybe some of this can make sense but it's just my guess. Bottom line is that when he figured out he was busted, he tried to run.

Colby is an adult and IMO would know if what happened to him as a child constitutes as sexual abuse. He doesn't gain anything from the admission.

Not necessarily. He believed most if not all of what LV told him, after all, he didn't talk to Charles for the months before his death based upon her lies. This could be something she said during his childhood to turn Tylee against her dad and justify not following the court order. Why wouldn't a kid believe it if told that by their only parent?

He was just sitting in his vehicle waiting to see what was found? Could be he decided to drive to his attorney’s office. I’ve wondered why his attorney made such a point of saying his client didn’t flee. MOO

Because his attorney was trying to get his bail reduced and arguing that CD was not a flight risk.

The quote is "I've been keeping a low pro, mostly sharing this research in private groups. Finding out my niece was murdered and dismembered, with her remains repeatedly burned and dumped in a shallow grave by Chad's fire pit has put me on the warpath. I will fight for justice with data."

I love and fully support what Annie's doing and don't want to take away from it, but on this narrow point, I think she's just inferring, the same way Nate did. She's not an "source of official information" even if she's discussable here on WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500