Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that she's not going to be thrilled about being arraigned. Being declared Incompetent meant never having to face charges.
I agree. I also wonder if the incompetency strategy was championed by Mark Means, and once he was ousted her new attorney had other ideas.

Last edited:
It pains to say this, IMO mental health issues are going to be coming into this trial. Unless of course she takes a plea deal. In saying this I don't believe the jury are going to be throwing the doors open for LNVD. Its my belief she is a dangerous woman with equally dangerous beliefs who has hidden under the radar for far too long.

Binding of Isaac - Wikipedia

The religious beliefs of LVD and CD don't work as a defense. INMO, because they did not state that they did it. By hiding the bodies of the children and fleeing to Hawaii shows that they knew what they did was wrong.

The issue of the insurance money and deaths of TD and CV make it even harder to stay with the "religious beliefs" defense.

This was all about money. And revenge. LVD wanted to "punish" Kaye for getting the insurance money from CV's death benefits. Killing JJ was the cruelest thing she could have done. It was beyond evil.

LVD could have easily dumped JJ with Kay Woodcock. Sent Tylee to live with her brother, or just emancipated her and be done with her. But she wanted the Social Security benefits and Tylee's benefits from Joe Ryan. All about cash.

The religious beliefs of LVD and CD don't work as a defense. INMO, because they did not state that they did it. By hiding the bodies of the children and fleeing to Hawaii shows that they knew what they did was wrong.

The issue of the insurance money and deaths of TD and CV make it even harder to stay with the "religious beliefs" defense.

This was all about money. And revenge. LVD wanted to "punish" Kaye for getting the insurance money from CV's death benefits. Killing JJ was the cruelest thing she could have done. It was beyond evil.

LVD could have easily dumped JJ with Kay Woodcock. Sent Tylee to live with her brother, or just emancipated her and be done with her. But she wanted the Social Security benefits and Tylee's benefits from Joe Ryan. All about cash.

IMO Both LNVD and CD absolutely knew they did the wrong thing. IMO really looking like LNVD was enraged by not getting the insurance money and handing down punishment. Greed, power and vengeance appear to be front and centre IMO. Brings tears to my eyes seeing JJ's grandparents every time,not forgetting TR. I am really hoping LNVD stays out of the state mental hospital now and they ( the justice system) are full stream ahead towards trial and justice for the family and loved ones

I don't have any idea what the defense could be, it's a truly a series of heinous crimes
Including thoughts for TD and CV ...unjustifiable! The damage and devastation left behind words can't convey.

I don't have any idea what the defense could be, it's a truly a series of heinous crimes
Including thoughts for TD and CV ...unjustifiable! The damage and devastation left behind words can't convey.
Agreed. IMO, the only objective by the defense is to stall as long as they possible can. Emotions tend to dissipate over time. The crime is so heinous there is no defense.

Chad and Lori knew that they broke the law by murdering people and profiting from it. But they considered themselves translated/immortal beings on a special mission and as such not bound by the law. They labeled their victims and even some LE dark. Lori found excuses in the scriptures for Joe's and Charles' deaths.

Lori about Joe: “If he comes against you once, if he comes against you twice, if he comes against you three times then you can kill him, it says it in the scriptures.”
Cops 'probing Cult Mom over death of 3rd husband after "kill him" tape emerges'

Lori about Charles: "It was a Nephi and Laban ending."
Court documents say Charles Vallow killed because of wife Lori's religious beliefs

Last edited:
What possible defense strategies or arguments might Prior and Archibald use in defending their clients other than LVD and CD each accusing the other (and Alex) of the most heinous thoughts, actions, and controlling or influencing behavior leading to and causing the murders? I'm curious if anyone else has theories of possible defense? Maybe there are some creative legal minds here on WS with thoughts to share!

And, wayyy out on an even further impossibility, I'm wondering: Would there be any possibility of Prior and Archibald "somehow" working on a joint legal strategy that could still benefit each of their clients? As it's easier for a duo to fight a battle rather than just one on one on one. (If that makes any sense lol)

Last edited:
What possible defense strategies or arguments might Prior and Archibald use in defending their clients other than LVD and CD each accusing the other (and Alex) of the most heinous thoughts, actions, and controlling or influencing behavior leading to and causing the murders? I'm curious if anyone else has theories of possible defense? Maybe there are some creative legal minds here on WS with thoughts to share!

And, wayyy out on an even further impossibility, I'm wondering: Would there be any possibility of Prior and Archibald "somehow" working on a joint legal strategy that could still benefit each of their clients? As it's easier for a duo to fight a battle rather than just one on one on one. (If that makes any sense lol)

I'm really wondering what is going to be allowed as far as Lori's mental health such as diagnosis. I'm still on the "she's really sick" side. I'm not defending her, btw. She's guilty as sin IMO.

I'm really wondering what is going to be allowed as far as Lori's mental health such as diagnosis. I'm still on the "she's really sick" side. I'm not defending her, btw. She's guilty as sin IMO.

I understand and I know there are many who believe she's really sick. I often forget about that viewpoint (since I'm not on that side), but mental illness could certainly be part of her defense!

I understand and I know there are many who believe she's really sick. I often forget about that viewpoint (since I'm not on that side), but mental illness could certainly be part of her defense!

It takes a sick individual to do what LVD did to all people who were no longer useful to her. If you have read the other court documents from previous divorces it is clear she was out to destroy them. She is driven by revenge.
However, IMO I don’t think she is or was legally insane. She knew what she was doing and took steps to hide it. It was planned and carried out for financial gain. Knowing what you are doing is wrong is the disqualifier for legal insanity.
It’s my understanding Idaho doesn’t have the insanity defense. I see the defense doing what just about every defense team does when the evidence is stacked against their clients. They will attack LE, the Prosecution, and every witness.

I see the defense doing what just about every defense team does when the evidence is stacked against their clients. They will attack LE, the Prosecution, and every witness.

Snipped by me.

That, and attacking the co-defendant to place all of the blame on them. Even if both CD and LVD should be held 100% accountable IMO.

It takes a sick individual to do what LVD did to all people who were no longer useful to her. If you have read the other court documents from previous divorces it is clear she was out to destroy them. She is driven by revenge.
However, IMO I don’t think she is or was legally insane. She knew what she was doing and took steps to hide it. It was planned and carried out for financial gain. Knowing what you are doing is wrong is the disqualifier for legal insanity.
It’s my understanding Idaho doesn’t have the insanity defense. I see the defense doing what just about every defense team does when the evidence is stacked against their clients. They will attack LE, the Prosecution, and every witness.

You understand right that Idaho doesn't have an insanity defense. She also wasn't declared insane. She was declared incompetent which means she legally could not assist in her defense. I'm hoping beyond hope we eventually find out what that's all about.

Chad and Lori knew that they broke the law by murdering people and profiting from it. But they considered themselves translated/immortal beings on a special mission and as such not bound by the law. They labeled their victims and even some LE dark. Lori found excuses in the scriptures for Joe's and Charles' deaths.

Lori about Joe: “If he comes against you once, if he comes against you twice, if he comes against you three times then you can kill him, it says it in the scriptures.”
Cops 'probing Cult Mom over death of 3rd husband after "kill him" tape emerges'

Lori about Charles: "It was a Nephi and Laban ending."
Court documents say Charles Vallow killed because of wife Lori's religious beliefs

Someone just upthread had said 'how emotions soften over time'. That is true.... i reread the first article again (Cops probing Cult Mom) and it just fired up my emotions all over again..... just a reminder of alllll that we know and have been enraged over.

Great points... attacking and trying to discredit testimony of witnesses and questioning evidence! So, glad you reminded me of this, too!

I think it's going to be a " full-on" Alex bashing, at least that is what I have thought since he died.
They will blame him.
After all, he was her protector

He is not here to defend himself.

They will put all the planning and blame on him. IMO

(and that just stinks because we all know better, we all know that even with Alex being involved, that these 2 devils awaiting trial are the Masterminds and the ones reaping the $$$ from all the insurance policies)***

I think she was genuinely incompetent, but that doesn't necessarily equate to any kind of mental health defense. I think she's had episodes of being completely out of touch with reality in the past, too, but in my opinion none of it has anything to do with her guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member