Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue was raised on March 8th but that isn't when the evaluation was done. If my understanding is correct, she has had an evaluation so the psychologist has determined that she is incompetent at this time but since the prosecution has raised an objection they will have a hearing and the judge will decide whether she is incompetent or not. Then she will be sent for treatment and the judge will periodically have hearings (the first is at 90 days) to determine if she has regained competency. Once that happens the proceedings will resume. Technically this order is only a stay to stop any further hearings until her mental fitness is properly addressed. MOO
OK, The Court determined March 8 that Lori was unfit to stand trial, but document stating this was not filed until May 27

Last edited:
E2aLPyMVIAAOXVI

I agree this new development d
If back on March 8, The Court determined that LV was not competent to proceed, why was it kept secret?

As I read this, competency was raised on March 8th and an evaluation was subsequently carried out. We don't know when the assessment was completed. Assuming the evaluation was completed in April, it does surprise me that MM didn't have a proper motion prepared and that he only raised the issue on oral motion now.

I don’t understand people on here who are claiming she is faking mental illness, do you guys think a sane woman would’ve done what she did? No, there is clearly something wrong with her. Just because she doesn’t fit the “crazy” person stereotype people tend to think of doesn’t mean she isn’t mentally ill, it isn’t always apparent and people can have mental illness and be high functioning adults as she appeared to be for a long time. I think this woman has been mentally ill for a very long time but held it together until a point and then she started to lose it. I’m not defending her by any means, I wish she could stand trial and pay for what she did, but in my opinion, she is probably mentally ill, not “faking” it.

I don't understand why everyone seems to be so upset about LVD being declared incompetent. It doesn't mean anything. She will still sit in jail and she will still face her charges. Except NOW, they will treat her for whatever mental illness until she IS competent to stand trial, thereby removing any chance of a mistrial.

I have seen plenty of speculation here that there is something wrong with her, and has been for quite some time. I have even seen suggestions that she "faked" the mental illness test that CV had requested. So why the big deal? There IS something actually wrong with her. We all have seen it. Let them treat her. Because maybe, just maybe, when she becomes in her sane mind, she will realize the magnitude of her actions and will confess and give everyone the details needed to prosecute others.

My feeling has been that Lori has always been of a sane mind (perhaps with some personality or mental disorder(s), but with a hold on rationality). She used these cult beliefs as useful cover to play out her dark, self-possessed agenda. She used cult beliefs to her advantage among those she thought would be sympathetic (MG, for example) and discarded them when the audience changed (Gilbert police, for example). I don't see her as a true believer (believer of convenience, maybe).

So now that the audience is a judge/jury, she is playing the insanity card. It seems to me she is using insanity as a state of mind that she can fluidly, strategically inhabit or discard depending on the circumstance.

What she and Chad did, though riddled with flaws, was stone-cold calculated and entirely tethered to the real world of LEO evasion, insurance fraud and cover up.

All JMO

Posted by @Ohmeohmy

Lori Vallow Daybell found incompetent to move forward with court proceedings - East Idaho News
lori-jail-860x484.jpg

"EastIdahoNews.com first learned about the competency evaluation in March when sealed court documents were inadvertently published for a moment at a courthouse kiosk. In the interest of protecting the integrity of the case, EastIdahoNews.com opted not to publish the documents at that time"

Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

I don’t understand people on here who are claiming she is faking mental illness, do you guys think a sane woman would’ve done what she did? No, there is clearly something wrong with her. Just because she doesn’t fit the “crazy” person stereotype people tend to think of doesn’t mean she isn’t mentally ill, it isn’t always apparent and people can have mental illness and be high functioning adults as she appeared to be for a long time. I think this woman has been mentally ill for a very long time but held it together until a point and then she started to lose it. I’m not defending her by any means, I wish she could stand trial and pay for what she did, but in my opinion, she is probably mentally ill, not “faking” it.
One can be mentally ill (=psychopath) but competent to stand trial, and faking the incompetency... IMHO

I call BS on her incompetency. She obviously knew right from wrong when she purchased burner phones, ran from law enforcement, claimed self defense in the shooting of Charles...she made every attempt to conceal her crimes, that shows she knows darn well what’s right and what is wrong...this little act should be seen for what it is, just another manipulation tactic...she will be treated until she is fit for trial...hopefully the psychiatrist is skilled at recognizing psychopathy...

My feeling has been that Lori has always been of a sane mind (perhaps with some personality or mental disorder(s), but with a hold on rationality). She used these cult beliefs as useful cover to play out her dark, self-possessed agenda. She used cult beliefs to her advantage among those she thought would be sympathetic (MG, for example) and discarded them when the audience changed (Gilbert police, for example). I don't see her as a true believer (believer of convenience, maybe).

So now that the audience is a judge/jury, she is playing the insanity card. It seems to me she is using insanity as a state of mind that she can fluidly, strategically inhabit or discard depending on the circumstance.

What she and Chad did, though riddled with flaws, was stone-cold calculated and entirely tethered to the real world of LEO evasion, insurance fraud and cover up.

All JMO

Is there any evidence or indication she planned on harming her children before getting involved with Chad? I haven’t heard of any. I think she is mentally ill, got interested in Chad and his beliefs and it all spiriled from there, I don’t think she was looking to a cult as a way to play out an evil plan to harm her children.

All JMO

Is there any evidence or indication she planned on harming her children before getting involved with Chad? I haven’t heard of any. I think she is mentally ill, got interested in Chad and his beliefs and it all spiriled from there, I don’t think she was looking to a cult as a way to play out an evil plan to harm her children.

You can have a mental illness and still be competent enough to stand trial. They aren’t exclusive. Your reasoning could be said for every murderer, pedophile, and abuser known to man. No sane person would do those things. They all likely suffer from a form of mental illness. It’s not a free pass on hideously cruel crimes though. People with mental illness’s can be held accountable too.

I call BS on her incompetency. She obviously knew right from wrong when she purchased burner phones, ran from law enforcement, claimed self defense in the shooting of Charles...she made every attempt to conceal her crimes, that shows she knows darn well what’s right and what is wrong...this little act should be seen for what it is, just another manipulation tactic...she will be treated until she is fit for trial...hopefully the psychiatrist is skilled at recognizing psychopathy...
I don't think her current incompetency means that she didn't knew right from wrong. It means that she's not currently competent to stand trial.

She's not going home, she will get treatment and get another evaluation, and another, and another, and another until she's found competent.

I don't know if this is the case in the US, but in my country, you're better off serving your sentence in a "normal" jail/prision than in a mental hospital. Can you imagine what it's like being in a mental hospital while you're not mentally ill? It's not even worth faking it.

There is evidence she harmed her children since very young age, psychologically (sex scandals with CV's other children and JR, TR's Munchausen syndrome etc)
All depended on what she wanted to achieve
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members