Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah this was my understanding as well, which is why I asked where the person heard that they needed to do all of that stuff. It seems there is not much oversight in this country where homeschooling is concerned. The poster I was quoting and replying to said that the student has to have end of year testing or a teacher eval submitted to the superintendent and that just isn’t true at all.

Divorce decree may set requirements for parent with primary physical custody to utilize homeschooling, other parent has the right to evidence of annual yearly progress.

I've seen a few of these, and in the majority -- the subject child was back in public school the next school year.

JMHO YMMV

Do you think this Melani (Brandon's ex-wife as well as niece of LV)... is the same Melanie G as in the "warrior" podcasts recorded with Lori, Chad and JMow?? If totally different person... I might be muddying the quagmire.

No, I don't believe they are the same person. But good catch-- I looked at it too. They are different ages and Lori's niece consistently spells her name without an e on the end while the podcaster and book writer puts an e on the end. That writer Melanie, however, may be another connection between Lori and Chad. Lori did a podcast with her and Chad wrote the Forward for her book in Feb 2019: Feel The Fire – by Melanie Gibb, Forward by Chad Daybell
So MG knows them both. I hope MG has been interviewed by LE to share any inside info she might know on where Lori and Chad could be (and where the kids are too of course). MOO.

ETA: MSM about the podcast (under number 3): Lori Vallow: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

More MSM mentioning the podcast: ‘This is really, really tough for us’: Brother of missing children speaks

Actual podcast webpage used to mention Lori but podcasts appear to have been have been removed: Preparing A People Podcast Network | Free Podcasts | Podomatic

Last edited:
I just can't see the Daybell siblings just accepting this whole big mess? One of them, the youngest one, is on his LDS Mission outside of the US, during which his mother passes away, his father gets married again a few weeks later and then, all of a sudden, goes on the run with his new wife because two kids are mysteriously missing. Not only doesn't that son come back from his mission, none of the other Daybell siblings say a word about this whole thing. Is this normal?
I understand being private, I understand being scared, confused and ashamed. But not saying anything about a father they have known their whole lives and with whom, apparently, had a close, good relationship?
Everything regarding Chad and his children, makes me suspect that his children didn't follow him up on this end of the World path. Also, I have a feeling that poor Tammy wasn't too willing on joining his cult, or whatever that is. By Chad's own words, she didn't want to move to Rexburg. Do we know if Tammy participated in any of his podcasts, talks, and whatever else he was doing? Or was she just along for the ride because he was her husband?
I don’t read anything into their silence other than they’re being smart.

It’s very likely LE has advised them not to say anything publicly so they don’t jeopardize the investigation or put pressure on whoever has the children (should they be alive).

Their Father’s attorney has probably told them to stay silent as well, lest they say something that might hurt their Dad’s defense.

The church probably hopes they keep a low profile too for obvious reasons.

And if that weren’t enough anything they do say will be undoubtedly be picked apart by reporters and the general public compounding their misery. No-one needs internet trolls focusing on their family. No one.

I’m as curious to hear their perspective as anyone but it’s better for all the good guys if they limit comments law enforcement, at least for now.

MOO

Last edited:
I just read about this case online and then popped in here to have a look.

Wow! Just Wow!

This is a very tangled web and it's going to be very complicated.

The article I read claimed this case was so bizarre that you couldn't make it all up if you tried.

I'm not sure what to think at this point, but the whereabouts of the children has me more than concerned. Add to that dead relatives, acquaintances, quickie wedding....oh boy.

MOO

As search continues for 2 missing, endangered kids from Idaho, here's what we know
snipped
Vallow and her husband, Chad Daybell, are said to have abruptly left Rexburg, Idaho while police were out serving search warrants in their attempt to locate Joshua Vallow.
=============
I haven't quite caught up yet - do we have any idea what the search warrants were that they were serving?
I assume to go in and see if he or any of his belongings were there. But beyond that I don’t think we know what they were specifically searching for, or if they took evidence.

I wonder if their vehicles were still there and if so, if they searched them forensically.

As search continues for 2 missing, endangered kids from Idaho, here's what we know
snipped
Vallow and her husband, Chad Daybell, are said to have abruptly left Rexburg, Idaho while police were out serving search warrants in their attempt to locate Joshua Vallow.
=============
I haven't quite caught up yet - do we have any idea what the search warrants were that they were serving?

I dont know what they were for, but we need to keep in mind search warrants are not randomly approved. Something caused that warrant to be approved.

I.C.R. 41. Search and Seizure. | Supreme Court

I am talking about mounted readers on some intersections, and also on patrol cars.

Thanks. Very interesting. So the possibility exists that *if* they are traveling in one of the cars that can be identified as one they might have then they could find them out driving or determine that they had driven by a certain spot at a certain recent date and time. I can see how that info could give some good clues if it happened.

No, I don't believe they are the same person. But good catch-- I looked at it too. They are different ages and Lori's niece consistently spells her name without an e on the end while the podcaster and book writer puts an e on the end. That writer Melanie, however, may be another connection between Lori and Chad. Lori did a podcast with her and Chad wrote the Forward for her book in Feb 2019: Feel The Fire – by Melanie Gibb, Forward by Chad Daybell
So MG knows them both. I hope MG has been interviewed by LE to share any inside info she might know on where Lori and Chad could be (and where the kids are too of course). MOO.

Right! I think I posted the podcast link previously (which we can no longer hear :() that involved all three (LV, CD, MG) plus JM. Thank you for light of clarity!! I was afraid I was gonna make things even more sketchy by making the suggestion. I mean, if anyone could create an additional mudpie out of this ... it would be me! ;)

snipped
=============
According to the press release from the Rexburg Police Department:

“The Rexburg Police Department and the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office (FCSO) with the assistance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation are investigating the possible connection between the death of a Fremont County woman and two missing Rexburg children.

Death Investigation:
Family members found Tammy Daybell, 49, dead in her Fremont County home Oct. 19, 2019. At that time, Daybell’s death was believed to be natural.

Daybell was interred in Springville, Utah, on Oct. 22. Subsequent investigation by the FCSO determined Daybell's death may be suspicious. On Dec. 11, Daybell's remains were exhumed by the FCSO, with the assistance of the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner, and an autopsy conducted.

During the course of the death investigation by the FCSO, investigators were made aware that two Rexburg children, ages 7 and 17, were missing.

Investigators determined within a couple weeks of Daybell's death, her surviving husband, Chad Daybell, had married Rexburg resident Lori Vallow, who is the mother of the missing children.

Missing Children Background:
Rexburg police attempted to conduct a welfare check on Joshua Vallow, the adopted 7- year-old special needs son of Lori Vallow, at their residence at 565 Pioneer Road in Rexburg Nov. 26.

The welfare check was being conducted as extended family outside Idaho had not been able to speak with Joshua since September and were concerned.

Investigators from Rexburg police spoke with Lori Vallow and her new husband, Chad Daybell, who indicated Joshua was staying with a family friend in Arizona.

Investigators left but learned later that day that Joshua had not been staying with the friend as indicated by Lori Vallow.

On Nov. 27, Rexburg police executed search warrants at locations in Rexburg associated with Lori Vallow, in an attempt to locate Joshua.

As the search warrants were being executed, investigators determined Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell had abruptly vacated their residence and left Rexburg.

Police then requested assistance from the FBI in locating Joshua.

Further investigation has determined Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell did not appear to have Joshua with them when they left Rexburg.

Investigators also determined Joshua last attended school at Kennedy Elementary in Rexburg on Sept 23, 2019.

Additionally, investigators learned Lori Vallow has a 17-year-old daughter, Tylee Ryan, who was living with Lori Vallow in Rexburg but has also not been seen since Sept. 2019. Investigators have contacted several members of the children's extended family, but no one has been in contact with the children since Sept.

The children have not been reported missing to any law enforcement agency and attempts to obtain the cooperation of Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell in locating the children have been unsuccessful.

Joshua is a 7-year-old with brown hair and brown eyes. He is 4 feet tall and weighs 50 pounds.

Tylee is a 17-year-old with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is 5 feet tall and weighs 160 pounds.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the children since Sept. is asked to contact the Rexburg Police Department, at 1-208-359-3000, or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.” (In red and underlined)
Rexburg Police Department
[Posted on Friday, December 20th]

ETA: A couple of points I would like to make:
1. The search warrants were executed in relation to the disappearance of Joshua Vallow, not the death of Tammy Daybell.

2. From this statement, it appears there were warrants executed at more than one location within Rexburg.

MOO

Last edited:
Divorce decree may set requirements for parent with primary physical custody to utilize homeschooling, other parent has the right to evidence of annual yearly progress.

I've seen a few of these, and in the majority -- the subject child was back in public school the next school year.

JMHO YMMV
Their divorce wasn’t finalized I thought? Anyway he was a public school student until he went missing.

I can't figure out how to do my own post, so I just picked this one to respond to. I submitted my info so that I can be verified. My daughter is Vaisia Itaaehau, who is pictured with Tylee on her facebook profile pic. They were best friends from 5th thru 10th and a little into 11th grades. They just kinda grew apart over the last year to 18 months due mainly to each of them making new friends and spending more time with the new friends. But my daughter practically lived with Tylee's family weekends and during the summers when they were best friends. Tylee spent a lot of time at my house too, but my house wasn't as fun (I was a busy working mom with lots of kids and little money to do fun things). Vaisia knows pretty much all of Tylee's family, including the extended family, and even members of Charles' family as well. Reporters have contacted us, but as of now Vaisia doesn't really want to talk to them out of loyalty to Lori & Tylee. I've been telling her things that are being said and she can't believe it. She is concerned about Tylee and JJ, she is very confused about what is going on but she absolutely loves Lori and knows her well, so she believes the kids are ok wherever they are. I was always grateful to Lori for being such an awesome mom, taking the kids on adventures and having tons of fun and just being there always. My daughter was close to Lori as well as Tylee during those years. As for Joe, Tylee's dad, he grew up as a foster child, with one half sister. Tylee was his life in a weird way, tho. I was always uncomfortable about him. I did let Vaisia go there sometimes just to be there for Tylee because Tylee hated going to her dad's but she had to for custody reasons. Once, when the girls were swimming in the backyard, he locked them out for hours for no reason. I stopped letting Vaisia go there, and we often just had Tylee stay with us when she was on her dad's visitation. As for Charles, Vaisia's impression of him was that he was a mean, angry man. She didn't like him much. Once, Tylee called from a hotel in Hawaii saying that Lori had to take the kids there because Charles was upset with Tylee and might hurt her. He also got into at least one altercation with Colby, Tylee's brother. We have no idea where Tylee might be right now. Vaisia said that Tylee hadn't used a lot of social media in awhile for possible religious or personal reasons. We love Tylee, JJ and Lori and hope for the best outcome.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us. I'm sure this is very difficult for you. Did Lori ever mention her prepping or end times beliefs to you? Did Tylee ever mention anything about it to your daughter? I guess the timing wouldn't exactly line up since it has been said that Lori's involvement in the group began around 18 months ago and you said contact started to lessen between your families around that time. A lot can change about a person in that amount of time.

“The Rexburg Police Department and the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office (FCSO) with the assistance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation are investigating the possible connection between the death of a Fremont County woman and two missing Rexburg children.

Death Investigation:
Family members found Tammy Daybell, 49, dead in her Fremont County home Oct. 19, 2019. At that time, Daybell’s death was believed to be natural.

Daybell was interred in Springville, Utah, on Oct. 22. Subsequent investigation by the FCSO determined Daybell's death may be suspicious. On Dec. 11, Daybell's remains were exhumed by the FCSO, with the assistance of the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner, and an autopsy conducted.

During the course of the death investigation by the FCSO, investigators were made aware that two Rexburg children, ages 7 and 17, were missing.

Investigators determined within a couple weeks of Daybell's death, her surviving husband, Chad Daybell, had married Rexburg resident Lori Vallow, who is the mother of the missing children.

Rexburg police attempted to conduct a welfare check on Joshua Vallow, the adopted 7- year-old special needs son of Lori Vallow, at their residence at 565 Pioneer Road in Rexburg Nov. 26.

The welfare check was being conducted as extended family outside Idaho had not been able to speak with Joshua since September and were concerned.

Investigators from Rexburg police spoke with Lori Vallow and her new husband, Chad Daybell, who indicated Joshua was staying with a family friend in Arizona.

Investigators left but learned later that day that Joshua had not been staying with the friend as indicated by Lori Vallow.

On Nov. 27, Rexburg police executed search warrants at locations in Rexburg associated with Lori Vallow, in an attempt to locate Joshua.

As the search warrants were being executed, investigators determined Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell had abruptly vacated their residence and left Rexburg.

Further investigation has determined Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell did not appear to have Joshua with them when they left Rexburg.

Investigators also determined Joshua last attended school at Kennedy Elementary in Rexburg on Sept 23, 2019.

Additionally, investigators learned Lori Vallow has a 17-year-old daughter, Tylee Ryan, who was living with Lori Vallow in Rexburg but has also not been seen since Sept. 2019. Investigators have contacted several members of the children's extended family, but no one has been in contact with the children since Sept.

The children have not been reported missing to any law enforcement agency and attempts to obtain the cooperation of Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell in locating the children have been unsuccessful.

Joshua is a 7-year-old with brown hair and brown eyes. He is 4 feet tall and weighs 50 pounds.

Tylee is a 17-year-old with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is 5 feet tall and weighs 160 pounds.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the children since Sept. is asked to contact the Rexburg Police Department, at 1-208-359-3000, or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.” (In red and underlined)

This has been bothering me:

I don't want to get into a pissing match with anyone on here- but this child, let's just say, has special needs daily and there's just no way he is living a happy and well adjusted life with a family friend.

JMO MOO No facts to back this up, just opinion based post. JMO MOO

Death Investigation:

Thank you very much - even after doing the media thread I didn't grasp the sequence of events - this summarizes everything nicely. kudos.

RSBM

FBI says missing brother and sister in Idaho in serious danger, mother and stepfather not cooperating

Police were made aware of the missing children in November, when authorities attempted to check on JJ, who has autism, KUTV reported. At the time, Lori Vallow and Daybell told police that JJ was living with a family friend in Arizona.

A day after determining that this information was false, police obtained search warrants to look for JJ in the couple's residence, KSTU reported. However, they then found that both Vallow and Daybell had left the city of Rexburg. They also discovered that Tylee, like her brother, had not been seen since September.

Death Investigation:

I wonder when the last verified sighting of Tylee was, and who saw her. Maybe I’m reading too far into things but they just say she has been gone since September, where as they give a precise date for the last verified sighting of Joshua. I feel like it would be more expected for them to say that she hasn’t been seen since close to the end of September, since that was his last sighting. Could something have happened to Tylee first? I think we are all operating under the assumption that they went missing together, but maybe they didn’t.

This has been bothering me:

I don't want to get into a pissing match with anyone on here- but this child, let's just say, has special needs daily and there's just no way he is living a happy and well adjusted life with a family friend.

JMO MOO No facts to back this up, just opinion based post. JMO MOO
Yep, you’re probably right. He most definitely isn’t with the friends that Lori said he was with. She gave a name and contact info for someone and the police verified it was a lie. But I think she just gave that info to buy time so she could bail. I can’t imagine either child is alive at this point. I would be so surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann