Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Court docs, body camera detail aftermath of shooting that killed Charles Vallow | East Idaho News
The landlord says he rented this house to Charles and Lori when they returned from Kauai in June 2019 and Charles was killed there on July 11, 2019, so at most Lori was in that house 41 days on the day Charles was killed, less if they moved in after June the first. It's possible they (Charles and Lori) didn't have furniture when they returned from Kauai because they had gotten rid of all furnishings before they moved to Kauai. IF Charles was or became upset/enraged on July 11th was it because he had provided money for furniture that wasn't there? I personally don't believe he became enraged, imo he never saw it coming until he was shot. Anyway the landlord adds information to the timeline, Charles and Lori were in a newly rented house for 41 days or less before Charles was killed.

I wince in anticipation of the flame (and maybe I'm missing something), but how does solving the mystery of CV's death (self-defense or cold blooded murder) help us locate Tylee and JJ?
For me personally "solving the mystery of CV's death" and other seemingly unrelated elements surrounding this entire case is a big part of finding out what happened to Tylee and JJ. Especially in trying to understand the family dynamics. For example, did Tylee hate her stepfather Charles? According to some reports yes, and supposedly she also brought out a metal baseball bat to help fight him off of her mother. And yet, if this were true then what persuaded her to get into Charles' rental car? Did she get in before the shooting? Apparently so from all accounts. Yet this doesn't make sense based on the narrative. And if she truly hated him why does she appear agitated, flustered, emotional, and/or distraught when the officer is interviewing Lori? Does she support and love Lori? Or might she have been upset at her for something she did? What if Lori compelled Tylee to lie to LE and create a cover story? Why did Tylee want to stay in Arizona instead of going to Idaho with her mother and uncle? Apparently what caused her to go was she wanted to help protect JJ because she loved him. But what would he need to be protected from? All of these and many more unanswered questions remain about the family dynamics. If Tylee loves and supports Lori and will do anything she asks then that might be indicative of Tylee and JJ willingly going into hiding (for whatever reason). If Tylee hated Lori and Alex and felt threatened by them then maybe she ran away with JJ. If Tylee was a witness to a crime and (heaven forbid) being threatened with death herself if she spoke out or didn't follow along (i.e. "I had my husband killed and I can kill you too!") then that might mean something else may have happened to the kids. We just don't know. And figuring out what happened in the past with events surrounding everyone, no matter how insignificant it might appear, might help lead us to figuring out what happened to Tylee and JJ, and where they are or might go. Moo.

If Alex wasn’t already staying there why did he have to go get his gun? I assume he would have been wearing it. Doesn’t seem responsible to take a loaded gun off in a home w/kids. If he was staying there it makes sense he wasn’t wearing the gun, but still irresponsible to have a loaded gun in the house.

Loaded gun in the house, no furniture, JJ’s father fatally shot in JJ’s house, Tylee a witness to who knows what. CPS should have been all over these kids.

ETA. Was CV shot w/a handgun or rifle?

Alex supposedly had a house in the area (per the landlord), so I don't think he lived at Lori's house. But I guess that night he stayed at Lori's and slept on the mattress on the floor?
This makes me wonder if Charles had only been out of the house for a day or two, returning to take JJ to school as usual.

So the evening prior to being killed, Charles was texting his landlord about finding Charles another place to live because it wasn't working out with Lori.

Lori and Alex both tell LE that Charles is from Houston on the body cams. Previous reports said he had been staying a hotel in Gilbert for a few weeks. If they moved into the house in June to try and reconcile, he must have stayed there at least 3 weeks before moving into the hotel for another few weeks. Seems misleading to just say "Houston" and nothing more.

That area was confusing to me too. Not the way I had it pictured in my head. The Realtor photos are distorted and make that intersection look like a really large space but when compared to the body cam, it's actually quite a compact area.
Having just sold a house, realtor pics are expert at making spaces look bigger!

Did anyone else catch the new Fox 10 footage? Here's some of the 911 call and footage with Lori
Body camera shows aftermath of 2019 shooting that killed Charles Vallow
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
33 mins ·
"I turned around and he hit me in the back of the head with the bat, so I went to my room and got my gun, 'cause I always carry it," Alex Cox said.

FOX 10 has obtained the police report, 911 call and the body camera footage from Chandler Police. The documents detail the perspective of Alex Cox and his sister Lori Vallow.

We've learned through the police report that Tylee Ryan picked up a metal bat before police say Charles Vallow pulled it away. Moments after Cox says he shoots Charles in "self-defense", the report reveals Lori drove off with Tylee and JJ in Charles' rental car. Lori returns later to meet with police.
Video: Body camera shows aftermath of 2019 shooting that killed Charles Vallow
BBM. Trying to catch up from last night, but I see there are still questions about where Alex was living. In this report, Alex says he “went to my room and got my gun.”

Could it be that the other place Alex supposedly rented was a place for Chad and Lori to be.....cough......alone? (And possibly the other couples who were freshly married soon after CV’s death.)

Court docs, body camera detail aftermath of shooting that killed Charles Vallow | East Idaho News
The landlord says he rented this house to Charles and Lori when they returned from Kauai in June 2019 and Charles was killed there on July 11, 2019, so at most Lori was in that house 41 days on the day Charles was killed, less if they moved in after June the first. It's possible they (Charles and Lori) didn't have furniture when they returned from Kauai because they had gotten rid of all furnishings before they moved to Kauai. IF Charles was or became upset/enraged on July 11th was it because he had provided money for furniture that wasn't there? I personally don't believe he became enraged, imo he never saw it coming until he was shot. Anyway the landlord adds information to the timeline, Charles and Lori were in a newly rented house for 41 days or less before Charles was killed.

I don't think that's when they returned? Weren't they thought to have returned to Phoenix in early 2017, after Tylee was no longer present on the honor roll at her Kauai school?? Lori was gone for about two months in February and March of 2019, when they were living in Phoenix/suburbs.

Not sure this detail matters....

Sorry, another thing someone may have already said: it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if JJ was sleeping with Lori and didn’t have a bedroom. My 7-yr-old doesn’t sleep alone, and he’s not autistic. He does have a room, but he won’t sleep alone. My daughter did the same until she was 11 or so. Don’t judge me. Lol.

Ok so I don't have facebook but I can read messages posted on public pages like this one: Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix ( I'm assuming its ok to post a link to a news media facebook?)
I love to eavesdrop at restaurants, and reading these comments is basically the same thing to me. Some interesting tidbits... about location/whereabouts of Melani and her new husband, under the post about the redacted bodycam footage. I've been refreshing the page like mad, waiting for the unredacted footage with Lori's testimony. MOO

cant judge when I was the same and my kids are/were. It makes sense to me
Sorry, another thing someone may have already said: it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if JJ was sleeping with Lori and didn’t have a bedroom. My 7-yr-old doesn’t sleep alone, and he’s not autistic. He does have a room, but he won’t sleep alone. My daughter did the same until she was 11 or so. Don’t judge me. Lol.

I don't think that's when they returned? Weren't they thought to have returned to Phoenix in early 2017, after Tylee was no longer present on the honor roll at her Kauai school?? Lori was gone for about two months in February and March of 2019, when they were living in Phoenix/suburbs.

The landlord said he rented a house to them for 5 years, before they moved to HI. And that they visited them in Kauai, were friends.

Landlord also said Charles’ confided in him when they had marital problems, and Lori abandoned JJ (early 2019). And then CV told Landlord they were going to try to make it work, and rented the Chandler AZ house in June 2019.

The landlord said he rented a house to them for 5 years, before they moved to HI. And that they visited them in Kauai, were friends.

Landlord also said Charles’ confided in him when they had marital problems, and Lori abandoned JJ (early 2019). And then CV told Landlord they were going to try to make it work, and rented the Chandler AZ house in June 2019.

In this video/interview with Kay and Larry Woodcock (Charles' sister) Kay explains the time line, but it is not the most clear. I recommend listening to the whole episode (I speed it up), but at around min 21:30 Kay says Charles had moved to Houston at the end of March 2019, but then Lori comes back into the picture... and leaves again for 2 weeks? JJ was with Larry in Lake Charles, LA at this time, Kay was helping Charles move to Houston. Kay references "their house on tomahawk in Phoenix" I believe referring to Charles and Lori's house?

Ok so I don't have facebook but I can read messages posted on public pages like this one: Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix ( I'm assuming its ok to post a link to a news media facebook?)
I love to eavesdrop at restaurants, and reading these comments is basically the same thing to me. Some interesting tidbits... about location/whereabouts of Melani and her new husband, under the post about the redacted bodycam footage. I've been refreshing the page like mad, waiting for the unredacted footage with Lori's testimony. MOO
Specifically under this post. Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Bodycam footage of missing cult mom Lori Vallow | Daily Mail Online

Body cam footage of Alex's interview. It paints a completely different picture. Two altercations, not one, with the second happening after Lori and the kids are gone. After shooting Charles, he takes the gun to the bedroom and grabs his phone. Then cleans up his supposed head wound before calling 911.

The story makes no sense at all. There's a 2 second window where the back of his head is not blurred. I grabbed a screen shot and can't see any wound.

Edit: The article itself is confusing so I recommend just watching the body cam video.

Attachments

• Alex.png
    Alex.png
    399 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I just read through the comments too. I would say people following this case are as outraged as we are here on WS.

MOO
I don't think the children will be found alive. For some reason, the Chandler Police Department/FBI thinks this information should be released now. Maybe to have Chad/Lori supporters, second guess their support? Maybe to sway Chad into turning in Lori? To eventually show how all three deaths (that we know about) are linked, Charles,Tammy & Alex? I also would like Justin Lum in Rexburg. MOO
The common denominator in the three deaths and the attempt on BB's life is Lori. She is the only person connected to all 4 victims in some way or another.

I’m baffled, honestly, by their living conditions. She had to of been in complete spiral of obsession of end times where nothing else mattered. I bet that’s why KW said that it was odd that JJ would not move around the house when he FaceTime to with them most recently.
I’m realizing that this seems like chaos to us but unfortunately for those kids it may not have because their lives have been turned upside down with moving often.
I’m including a screenshot shared of first bedroom on right as you are walking down the hall.
So now I don’t know why they didn’t go in that room.

yes it’s extreme minimalist living.
it seems like everyone who was there (were they all fighting in the kitchen area? the hallway?) would’ve had to walk through the fight or past Charles’ body in the living room to get to the front door - Tylee gets the bat taken from her and then Alex tackles Charles from behind and they fall to the floor?
Does Tylee then leap over them and somehow rush JJ out to the car while Alex is getting his gun? Lori said she was in the kitchen this whole time? Heard the shot, saw Charles’ body, and then went out to the car. So the shots Tylee heard from the car, that was before her mom came out there and drove away obviously.

I wonder if the pool party was sort of a bribe by Lori, for Tylee’s getting the story right before they went back?

My other thoughts are all about how much influence Lori had over Tylee and Alex - like did she have them convinced that “Charles must go” so they could all get his money?
Or perhaps they too believed it wasn’t the real Charles, but dark spirit Nick Schneider they were fighting off and killed? I noticed none of them shared those and other “unbelievable” stories with LE about the situation. I think LV was calm, just like she appears to be now, because she really thinks this “all happening just as it should and right on time”, etc

This makes me wonder if Charles had only been out of the house for a day or two, returning to take JJ to school as usual.

I suggest reviewing the timeline around this time. Charles was staying at a motel close by - had moved back from TX weeks earlier and had rented this house to try to make things work with Lori.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member