Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading police report about Lori's wallet, clearly she managed to convince the cop that Charles was the one with the problem, and not Lori. Ironic that she would accuse Charles of cheating, when Charles believed she was the one cheating on him with Chad (and I am assuming with a good reason). And then she managed to convince mental health professionals she was fine. She certainly didn't go around like a raving lunatic. Shared religious beliefs don't usually qualify as delusions.

Nothing really new but this is a good summary of the police reports released yesterday: Newly reported police documents paint Lori Vallow in a more favorable light
Author's name (of the police report) has been redacted. But somehow I am guessing author was a man. Again, I wonder how this author feels now, considering all that transpired since that report. Seems like Lori convinced the police to ignore everything that Charles was telling them, and that Charles was in fact the bad guy in the situation.

maybe because lori states the children are being homeschooled all LE needs to do is ask which state and then maybe that state has some laws about the records that must be kept. i think homeschooled children are required to take tests every so often to see how they are progressing. it might be , ok, you say the kids are homeschooled now the law is that, blah, blah. maybe there is some federal law about that which would be the most effective way to go at this point.
Idaho requires no such testing for homeschooled children. If enrolled through a homeschool charter school (wherein the parent is the teacher and checks in with a facilitator or supervisor) then yes, because the students would also receive books and materials from the charter organization. I don't think this is the case with JJ. She just said she took him out to home school.

Did anyone notice while AC was being questioned sitting on the curb that he was asked how to spell Vallow? He spelled it Vallo. Certainly, after 15 years he knew how to spell it. Wonder why he did that? It was one of the first videos released.

Here's my take on the evidence of what happened the morning Charles was killed - based mainly upon JJ's wherabouts.

I don't think they would have taken JJ to school if he had witnessed violence or upset of any degree.
The fact JJ was quickly dropped off to school suggests it was without a situation developing with JJ that needed familial management to calm him.
JJ isn't mentioned in the accounts of what happened in the house, the physical part of the story where Tylee brings the bat, and poking etc.
JJ wouldn't have been outside alone.
If that is true it solves the puzzle for me of how Lori came to have Charles' car key.
I believe as soon as Charles got there they told JJ that Charles was taking him to school and to get in Daddy's car.
Lori asked Tylee to supervise him getting in the car, so Tylee had the car key, before anything happened and Charles was unaware at this stage that anything was up.
Lori took Charles' phone to keep him distracted from immediately leaving with JJ, and ultimately so he wouldn't be able to call police.
Perhaps Charles was walking to wherever Lori was with his phone when Alex rounded the corner from his room with the gun, now that the children were safely outside.
Lori waited to see Charles executed before she exited. Mission accomplished.

MOO

Reading police report about Lori's wallet, clearly she managed to convince the cop that Charles was the one with the problem, and not Lori. Ironic that she would accuse Charles of cheating, when Charles believed she was the one cheating on him with Chad (and I am assuming with a good reason). And then she managed to convince mental health professionals she was fine. She certainly didn't go around like a raving lunatic. Shared religious beliefs don't usually qualify as delusions.

A la: the kidnappers of Elizabeth Smart:

Shared Psychotic Disorder - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

Don't think that people who are delusional, can't appear perfectly normal. They can function very well, a good example would be David Mitchell, who while delusional, managed to kidnap Elizabeth Smart, and evade authorities searching for her.

Delusional Disorder | Psychology Today

The Zillow page describing the house, which was posted a few days ago, states the following: "Three additional bedrooms all with custom paint." I suspect the bedrooms already were painted this way when the Vallows moved in, as they had been living there for less than a month when Charles was killed and obviously hadn't had a chance to do much furnishing or decorating.

Here's the link again for the Zillow page: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5531-S-Four-Peaks-Pl-Chandler-AZ-85249/59261947_zpid/?

Tylee could have chosen either the pink/black-and-white striped room or the blue room, I suppose. I hope JJ really enjoyed the fun mural on the walls of the other "kid's room".

Yes, I'm sure the paint was already in place. I suppose my comment was just me snarking about the "gendering"/automatic assumption that Tylee had the pink room. I get bugged about stuff like that. And maybe it *was* her room, who knows? I noticed there was a pastel child-size suitcase in the corner, and I thought that was strange. I saw the mural room and that it was mostly skipped over in the body cam, assumably because the officer was looking for the gun and for ID, and skipped the room that was obviously a child's room.

Been following along since the Lueck case, and am finally chiming in to this case, which I’ll confess—similar to another poster here—I have an odd fascination with. I was just introduced to this medical diagnoses called “Capgras Syndrome”, which rang a bell as far as Lori’s “delusions” of Charles being replaced with a difference name/human. Could be entirely a show on her part, or could be part of this syndrome which is obviously linked to those with various delusions. Just thought it fascinating enough to post here for consideration.

Capgras delusion - Wikipedia

Don't think that people who are delusional, can't appear perfectly normal. They can function very well, a good example would be David Mitchell, who while delusional, managed to kidnap Elizabeth Smart, and evade authorities searching for her.

Delusional Disorder | Psychology Today
There were a lot of debate about Mitchell's mental health and what mental diseases he does or doesn't have. I don't think Mitchell even appeared normal, although of course jury didn't believe his insanity defense. Lori looks like your regular normal person. Clearly she didn't go round proclaiming herself translated being on a mission.

Been following along since the Lueck case, and am finally chiming in to this case, which I’ll confess—similar to another poster here—I have an odd fascination with. I was just introduced to this medical diagnoses called “Capgras Syndrome”, which rang a bell as far as Lori’s “delusions” of Charles being replaced with a difference name/human. Could be entirely a show on her part, or could be part of this syndrome which is obviously linked to those with various delusions. Just thought it fascinating enough to post here for consideration.

Capgras delusion - Wikipedia
All the people given as examples there couldn't pass for normal, and didn't hide their belief from others. Which doesn't seem to fit Lori. I mean, she didn't tell police her husband Charles wasn't her husband but an impostor.

maybe because lori states the children are being homeschooled all LE needs to do is ask which state and then maybe that state has some laws about the records that must be kept. i think homeschooled children are required to take tests every so often to see how they are progressing. it might be , ok, you say the kids are homeschooled now the law is that, blah, blah. maybe there is some federal law about that which would be the most effective way to go at this point.

Each state’s laws are different. It’s sad that the majority of adoptees who are killed by their adoptive parents are “homeschooled”. I put that in quotes because homeschooling can be wonderful for kids, but it’s too often used in these cases to isolate and cover-up.
I still think children, especially adopted children with special needs, need to be closely monitored after any custody fights, DV and/or a murder happens in their home especially.

Each state’s laws are different. It’s sad that the majority of adoptees who are killed by their adoptive parents are “homeschooled”. I put that in quotes because homeschooling can be wonderful for kids, but it’s too often used in these cases to isolate and cover-up.
I still think children, especially adopted children with special needs, need to be closely monitored after any custody fights, DV and/or a murder happens in their home especially.

Ironic that you would say that, it seems like almost every single case on here, of severe child abuse, and/or death of a child, the child or children was/were "homeschooled". They call them "The Invisible Victims".

There are some amazing homeschooled children, and I definitely believe in a parents right to choose, but I think that even homeschooled children should have mandatory minimum state testing, every quarter. At the school.

I just noticed for the first time that Tammy Daybell's obituary doesn't mention her being survived by her in-laws (Chad's parents or his brothers and sisters). They aren't her blood relatives, so that may be the reason they were omitted. But I find that in most Mormon obituaries the family members of a temple-married spouse are almost always included as survivors. Did Chad write the obituary, and if so, does this speak to further estrangement within Chad's family, beyond brother Matt who released the statement? Or did Chad completely outsource the writing of the obituary to Tammy's family, despite being a writer himself, and they left his family out? It's certainly a lovingly-written obituary. May mean nothing, but just a funny thing I noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member