Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they are now calling CV death a homicide? Wasn’t it just last week that it was still being investigated? That might be a big sign! I hope so....poor guy. He knew AC and LD were dangerous but he wanted his son :(

It was a homicide from the start. Homicide in self-defense, according to Alex Cox statement. It is now being investigated as a suspicious death.

I‘m wondering if this is a possible case of folie a deux. (I apologize if this has already been mentioned, I don’t have enough time to keep up with the thread 100%.)
They both filled a unique need for each other when they met- Lori was eager to find a leader and Chad was increasingly eager for people to believe he was a prophet. This connection combined with their desire to change their lives and their belief that the difference between life and death is just a ‘veil’ could have sparked joint psychosis. The only problem with this theory is that Chad seemed to be aware of their wrongdoings and tried to separate himself from Lori when he lied to the police, but maybe he just didn’t want anyone to stop their work.
Also, someone on here mentioned that maybe the paintball gun was shooting poison. There is something called a Belgian umbrella that shot pellets of ricin, so it’s feasible.

My point is that the arraignment is not the time for either side to present their cases and arguments. There were many complaints about the prosecution not mentioning every detail of their up coming case and since he didn’t do that he is not up to the task at hand. Also complaints and comments about the defense attorney including the length of her jacket sleeves. The point of the arraignment is to read the charges and deal with any bail issues. At the upcoming preliminary hearing the state will begin to present its case. The judge asked both sides if two weeks enough time to prepare. Neither side will be going into this trial without massive preparation. And this is before the actual trial. Let the process work.
I didn't watch the hearing so found the comments useful. It seems the prosecuting attorney may have missed out a few important facts like a prior protection order against her by her dead husband, absconding twice before, a possible flight to Mexico, availability of funds etc, FBI interest regarding further charges, which were appropriate for this bond hearing IMO. I may have misunderstood though.

Regarding speculation Lori may have traded Tylee and/or Jj off to the FLDS. Here's why I personally don't think it's possible.

We have some (what I call) Old Order Amish around here. And some that are a bit more progressive (they dress in light blue and stuff). We have hitching posts at our Dollar Generals, as a total aside.

Anyway, there is no way the Old Order Amish are mixing it up with the English.

I just cannot see a FLDS getting involved with a LDS who runs around in exercise pants.

Jmo
I agree. FLDS don't take people in. In fact they kick people out (extra men so others can get multiple wives). Tylee wouldn't fit in with FLDS, she is a modern girl.

1. Yes there was serious trafficking, and some Canadian girls were found at YFZ for instance. No federal charges came tho. Jeff’s still controls from prison, last I heard, with bizarre orders like quit having sex with husband, only certain chosen males. His orders change and I don’t know how long that lasted. The group has a terrible genetic disorder, fumarase deficiency, that may be the driver for that order.

2. Someone posted they hooked up in Ystone and handed Tyler off. I asked for confirmation and haven’t got it.

3. They were taking root in TX around San Angelo & some other areas, but to their surprise TX wasn’t putting up with their child marriage nonsense and not only was the $100m YFZ ranch and Temple confiscated and sold, 12 were sentenced to prison, and pretty much all the rest of the FLDS got the message and left.

MOO The best chance for the kids survival is if they were passed off to the FLDS. All other options are worse. One thing about that group is they don’t murder people, to my knowledge.
Did you report number 2 to LE?

LV’s arrogant attitude sure makes me wonder what this b:/(! has gotten away with in the past...like a spoiled child I’m glad her chickens are finally coming home to roost...

She has reminded me of Jodi Arias, Dianne Downs, who acted like their time in court was a "show", and that people were there to see them, the "stars of the show".

I believe there is also the possibility that she was never married (but said so), given that she was certainly still Cox, when she married husband #2. SBM

That doesn't mean anything. Many divorced women choose to go back to using their maiden name. And married woman can also choose to not change their name at all. MOO.

I didn't watch the hearing so found the comments useful. It seems the prosecuting attorney may have missed out a few important facts like a prior protection order against her by her dead husband, absconding twice before, a possible flight to Mexico, availability of funds etc, FBI interest regarding further charges, which were appropriate for this bond hearing IMO. I may have misunderstood though.

But would mentioning those things ultimately matter. I think (but have not knowledge, so actual legal professionals, please straighten me out if I'm off base) that to a point the hearing itself was largely just for show. Both sides had filed written motions with the court with all applicable arguments that largely followed the same as the verbal arguments we saw. But baring some new information that made a monstrous difference and first came up in the verbal arguments in the hearing, the judge would have all pertinent information from the written arguments and had probably already decided what his decision was going to be. Those other things may well have been and probably were mentioned in the written arguments. I don't think voicing them in the hearing would have made any difference.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member