Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this one of Chad’s blog posts, mentioning Tammy being in the hospital and, as she went away to an operating room for surgery, Chad was thinking that this was not Tammy’s time to die....

“I got an urgent call one morning at work that Tammy felt something was wrong. Her mom Phyllis was taking her to the Payson Hospital and I should meet her there. When I arrived, Tammy was in a hospital gown waiting for her doctor to see her. She was lying on a bed and explained how she felt something pop deep inside her. As we talked, she suddenly started bleeding heavily, and it turned into a frantic situation. I gave her a quick priesthood blessing, then the nurses rushed her into an operating room. Phyllis and I got out of the way and then waited anxiously. I snuck down the hall and peered through the room’s small window. All I could see was the top of Tammy’s head as several nurses and two doctors surrounded her. I was scared, but I also felt it wasn’t Tammy’s time to die.“
Post - 12- “Don’t forget about me!” | cdaybell.com

I hadn’t read this one before, felt like I needed to be wearing my muck boots.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion created by the press. Do you have insight then into how the legal process will unfold then, with no proof of life and no bodies being found?

I think they will prosecute Lori for the charges she has already and then go after her for other charges if they have enough evidence. She can be convicted of these charges and then the other states/jurisdictions or even the feds might file something. Her current charges could lead to her being sentenced to 28 years in prison. There is no statute of limitations (i.e. time limit to file charges) for murder charges AFAIK. But they can only charge someone and try them in court for a specific crime once. They have to have all the evidence ready before making the charges otherwise a guilty person can walk away acquitted and they can't be charged again. I think they are waiting on autopsy results from Tammy and Alex and also waiting for the snow to melt so they can search Yellowstone for Tylee and JJ. I think we will see Chad arrested once Tammy's autopsy comes back. I think we will see search and rescue teams in Yellowstone this summer (perhaps in June or July?) and they will be looking for human remains (unless the corona virus pandemic keeps them from being able to search safely).
MOO.

I think they will prosecute Lori for the charges she has already and then go after her for other charges if they have enough evidence. She can be convicted of these charges and then the other states/jurisdictions or even the feds might file something. Her current charges could lead to her being sentenced to 28 years in prison. There is no statute of limitations (i.e. time limit to file charges) for murder charges AFAIK. But they can only charge someone and try them in court for a specific crime once. They have to have all the evidence ready before making the charges otherwise a guilty person can walk away acquitted and they can't be charged again. I think they are waiting on autopsy results from Tammy and Alex and also waiting for the snow to melt so they can search Yellowstone for Tylee and JJ. I think we will see Chad arrested once Tammy's autopsy comes back. I think we will see search and rescue teams in Yellowstone this summer (perhaps in June or July?) and they will be looking for human remains (unless the corona virus pandemic keeps them from being able to search safely).
MOO.
I am still on the fence of whether or not Tylee died in YNP. I think it to public a place, they may have thought about it but I think she was killed on the way home instead. Under cover of darkness and so much wilderness...jmo

Would it be safe to say TD was murdered at this point? Because by now autopsy results and toxicology should have been completed. If there was nothing there, why not make it public? Otherwise, I'd think they found something and that something must stay confidential because it is evidence for pending proceedings. So by deduction, she was murdered, we just don't know the details yet. On the other hand if they had the results and know she was murdered, are they obligated to at least say it was homicide with no futher details? The inconsistencies between states and counties when it comes to reporting on autopsies seems to cloud things, or if it becomes an FBI case then the rules can change.

Sadly, the sheriff said Tammy's autopsy results could take a year to come back. They must be looking for something that is hard to find. They have all but said she was murdered without saying it. They said her death is suspicious and they disclosed they are looking for poisons. They have also revealed a motive on Chad's part by disclosing that he got $430,000 of life insurance money. Frustratingly, no matter how strongly LE may believe Tammy was murdered they can't say that to the public until they have charges ready. I think it all comes down to they are waiting on evidence. Unfortunately, and this is my speculation only, corona virus shut downs may delay evidence processing even longer. Some labs may have switched from doing toxicology to doing covid-19 testing or they may not be able to get access to basic medical supplies such as gloves and masks that they wear while testing toxicology samples. All those supplies have gone to the hospital workers who need them. Courts are closed or cases delayed in many states. Justice is always slower than we like, but it may be extra slow because much of the world has shut down. MOO.

Before I retired my wife would drive me from Teton Valley to Rexburg to take the Salt Lake Express to SLC. I then hopped a plane for work. The pickup was at the AmericInn, a quaint but nice motel off of Hwy 20. The area is known for its expansive barley farms, of which Anheuser Busch buys approx. 90%. Teton Valley is known for its skiing, climbing, hiking, fishing, biking. The valley has three small towns, Tetonia, Driggs, and Victor. It’s called the quiet side of the Tetons. Then you have Jackson Hole on the east side of the Tetons, gorgeous but getting too crowded. This is the high life area, big bucks. It’s fun to go there when family and friends visit, and it's the gateway to GTNP as well as the south entrance to YNP. When the weather improves maybe I’ll drive by CD’s place and let him know we need answers.

If there's ever a movie about this case, the cinematography is going to be beautiful

"Prophets living big in a double wide".

We all "saw" this coming.

Jmo
There was a video done by Nate east Idaho news almost a month ago, in which he says the results of tammi's autopsy were back.and should be released in a couple of weeks. You can Google Nate and videos and watch it, so I don't know what happened, if one of you watches it, please let us know what your thoughts are.

There was a video done by Nate east Idaho news almost a month ago, in which he says the results of tammi's autopsy were back.and should be released in a couple of weeks. You can Google Nate and videos and watch it, so I don't know what happened, if one of you watches it, please let us know what your thoughts are.

I believe that was a video from January that made the rounds on social media again a month ago and people misunderstood what Nate said. Here is the video:

Listen closely to Nate's actual words. He says the autopsy on Tammy's body has been concluded and the results should be forthcoming in the next 2 or 3 weeks. That was factual at the time he was reporting. They completed Tammy's autopsy in less then a day and put her back in the ground within hours of exhuming her. That doesn't mean the results of the autopsy are complete. It takes a long time to run some toxicology tests and if they don't find something they will keep running new tests. Back in January LE was saying the report could be back as soon as 2 or 3 weeks but they changed that as time went on. In Feb the sheriff said it could take a year to get the results: Fremont County Sheriff's Office says Tammy Daybell's autopsy results could take up to a year

Garna Mejia KSL

@GarnaMejiaKSL

·
25 Mar

#LoriVallow/Daybell Update: Mark Means remains as her attorney & filed for a bond reduction citing “new facts.” We have reached out for info. After rumors that #ChadDaybell has filed for divorce his attorney confirms he “has not filed for divorce.”
@KSL5TV

https://mobile.twitter.com/GarnaMejiaKSL/status/1242936593989513216/photo/2
I was getting up to date on the media thread and just saw this so am posting in here. I hadn't seen this. Chad's attorney refuting rumours he has filed for divorce.

How likely do people think that he might be considering it though?

Garna Mejia KSL

@GarnaMejiaKSL

·
25 Mar

#LoriVallow/Daybell Update: Mark Means remains as her attorney & filed for a bond reduction citing “new facts.” We have reached out for info. After rumors that #ChadDaybell has filed for divorce his attorney confirms he “has not filed for divorce.”
@KSL5TV

I was getting up to date on the media thread and just saw this so am posting in here. I hadn't seen this. Chad's attorney refuting rumours he has filed for divorce.

How likely do people think that he might be considering it though?

I don't think he has filed. Otherwise, there would be no reason to get another home on the property. If he was anticipating being divorced, he could move back into his old house. Jmo

I believe that was a video from January that made the rounds on social media again a month ago and people misunderstood what Nate said. Here is the video:

Listen closely to Nate's actual words. He says the autopsy on Tammy's body has been concluded and the results should be forthcoming in the next 2 or 3 weeks. That was factual at the time he was reporting. They completed Tammy's autopsy in less then a day and put her back in the ground within hours of exhuming her. That doesn't mean the results of the autopsy are complete. It takes a long time to run some toxicology tests and if they don't find something they will keep running new tests. Back in January LE was saying the report could be back as soon as 2 or 3 weeks but they changed that as time went on. In Feb the sheriff said it could take a year to get the results: Fremont County Sheriff's Office says Tammy Daybell's autopsy results could take up to a year
Thank you, for clearing that up, I did listen to it again, and I realized I.had taken.it the wrong way, maybe wishful thinking on my part.

Thank you for reposting this article; I missed it the first time around, which is strange because I had looked really hard for references to the refusal to do TDs autopsy initially. This article (ignoring the huge glaring issue about the timing of AxC death) had a TON of valuable and between the lines information:
"The Fremont County coroner is not speaking publicly about the case...
Under Idaho law, if the death appears natural the coroner isn't required to do an autopsy, but Ada County Coroner Dotti Owens says that is unusual, unless the decedent has been under the care of a physician."

"... what we would do is call and speak to the primary care physician," Owens said. "We would verify that medical history, review those medical records and then at that point release that individual so that primary care physician can sign that death certificate out."

Sounds like someone did not comply with Idaho law, which led to the next issue described in the article: Embalming and burial.
"The entire system is flushed and so anything you're going to have as far as toxicology tests is gone... The problem you're going to have is that unless you know what you're testing for, and we're not looking for just a standard toxicology panel, it's very difficult to identify."

To me, this sounds like they have to wait for AxC's autopsy/toxicology to come back before they can even begin TDs (next round of?) tox tests, which is why it might take a year. Moo.

I don't think he has filed. Otherwise, there would be no reason to get another home on the property. If he was anticipating being divorced, he could move back into his old house. Jmo

I agree. I don't think Chad has filed for divorce. I'm not expecting him to either, but I think if he does divorce her in the future it will be a strategy so Lori can get a public defender. She has no income without Chad. AFAWK anyway.

On the manufactured home being added I think that could be for Chad's children or for him to live in alone. Or maybe he has someone willing to rent it from him. A manufactured rental home can be an easy source of extra income. I doubt his book sales are very high right now. I don't take the doublewide purchase as a sign of Lori getting bailed out. I also think many people that have the land and money might be adding doublewides or buying an RV to park in their driveway right now due to the coronavirus. Many families who have "essential" workers leaving for work everyday are looking for solutions to isolate them and keep the rest of their household members healthy. I don't know if one of Chad's kids falls into that category but if one does he/she might be the one planning to stay in the doublewide.

MOO.

I agree. I don't think Chad has filed for divorce. I'm not expecting him to either, but I think if he does divorce her in the future it will be a strategy so Lori can get a public defender. She has no income without Chad. AFAWK anyway.

On the manufactured home being added I think that could be for Chad's children or for him to live in alone. Or maybe he has someone willing to rent it from him. A manufactured rental home can be an easy source of extra income. I doubt his book sales are very high right now. I don't take the doublewide purchase as a sign of Lori getting bailed out. I also think many people that have the land and money might be adding doublewides or buying an RV to park in their driveway right now due to the coronavirus. Many families who have "essential" workers leaving for work everyday are looking for solutions to isolate them and keep the rest of their household members healthy. I don't know if one of Chad's kids falls into that category but if one does he/she might be the one planning to stay in the doublewide.

MOO.

As far as her income, total speculation but I'd bet she isn't getting anything from SSI on behalf of the missing children. Surely that's been stopped. Jmo

i hope our fine lawyers chime in here. We know that the prosecution must provide discovery to the defense. Maybe, with that charge, they would be giving up too much information. I keep thinking we are going to see a "step ladder" series of charges...getting her caught in obvious lies that gives them more to build the next step. But my thoughts just feel so hypothetical... I can't wait for the trial to begin, and our lawyers will be able to tell us what is really going on.

I don’t think there’s much discovery they would have for a potential murder charge that wouldn’t be somehow at least slightly relevant to the current charges as well. Holding back discovery on the theory that it isn’t relevant would be a dangerous game.

I suspect they just have no reason to add more serious charges yet. They’re gathering information, working with other agencies to connect all the related cases, taking their time, and in the meantime the “lesser” charges have been good enough to get L&C back to Idaho, to get L held on high bail, and to give them the leeway to investigate anything relating to the kids.

IMO there is no sense of urgency from LE, which unfortunately suggests they strongly believe the children are no longer alive. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrismatte