Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely more charges are coming and hopefully the cops are playing both of them against each other. It seems that’s a good way to break cases when multiple perps are involved.
I'm not so sure about that. They share an attorney so any police questioning would be problematic. It's possible Lori fired him and talked but I doubt that.

To hell with these two!
+1! I may have questioned the lack of evidence against them in the past and given them the benefit of the doubt. But if these remains turn out to be Tylee and JJ, which I am confident they will, that is damning evidence of Lori and Chad's guilt. I think they wil try a defense of someone else doing teh killing and only disposing of the bodies but I will consider them guilty.

I don’t think Lori squealed at all. Quite the opposite. It’s in her best interests to keep her mouth shut and be suspected of abandonment than open her mouth and admit she’s at least guilty of being an accessory, a conspirator, and/or other murder-related charges, or trying to trade info for lesser/manslaughter charges.

Nope. Someone rumbled them. I bet they both need new underwear.
I agree. She doesn't seem to be the type to admit to anything. All of her previous murders were so brazen, but she smiled and carried on with living 'her best life.' No worries....off to Paradise...

I think the FBI's involvement is in a role of assisting a small town police department in a highly complex, multijurisdictional case. I'm not dismissing what you are saying but the reality is that the FBI only has jurisdiction for federal crimes and the only federal crimes that may have occured in this case are related to SS fraud and that would only be for a few thousand dollars. If the kids died in September and Lori was getting $6000 a month she would have collected, at most, (November, December, January, February) = $24000 illegally. Surely it would have stopped when she got arrested and the October payment would be for September when the kids were known to be alive. So while i agree the FBI would not normally concern themselves with small crimes, I don't think there involvement here is about the severity of the crime. I think they are involved because of the complexity and the resources they can provide.

Remember, all of these (potential) crimes occured in different jurisdictions but need to be investigated as a common series of crimes:

CV murder in Gilbert AZ (Maricopa County)
AC murder in San Tan Valley AZ (Pinal County) [now known not to be a crime]
JJ and Tylee disapperance and abandonment charge in Rexburg ID (Madison County)
JJ murder in ?? ??(?? County)
Tylee murder in ?? ?? (possibly WY) (?? County)
CD concealment of evidence in Salem ID (Fremont County)
TD murder in Salem ID (Fremont County)

And let's not forget we had involvement of the Kauai and Maui County police departments in HI and the Chandler PD in AZ. I actually forget if CV murder was in Chandler or Gilbert but I know both Chandler and Gilbert PD were involved in this drama at some point.

Can you imagine the fiasco if all of these things were investigated independently by independent police departments and sherriff's offices that did not coordinate? Remember, in Arizona, an Idaho cop or sherriff deputy has no more authority than I do as a member of the public so sharing of information is impossible without some kind of formal investigative agreement and I'm sure it is similar in Idaho. Having the FBI involved facilitates that kind of information sharing and eliminates the risk of someone making a stupid mistake that blows the entire case.

Mostly what you're saying is true. However, in some cases, murder is itself a federal capital offense, where the DOJ could exercise jurisdiction if it so chose. First degree murder generally can be a federal capital offense, but it's also a federal capital offense to murder a witness, victim, or informant in order to cover up a crime, or in retaliation for the belief that the person has or intends to cooperate with authorities. (Source: internet, lol, but referenced back to 18 USC 1512 and 1513.)

I think there's a 90% chance you're right and they're just assisting in a very complex, multi-jurisdictional case. But I do see a window for a 10% chance that we could see those federal capital charges.

While it is entirely possible that someone is talking to the police, I am more inclined to believe it had something to do with the data analyzation the FBI command vehicle was present for a while ago. Remember when that showed up they had all the phones, including the tablet. We also don't know what they took from Chad's house which could've included some burners no longer in use.

I agree. She doesn't seem to be the type to admit to anything. All of her previous murders were so brazen, but she smiled and carried on with living 'her best life.' No worries....off to Paradise...

I just can't get over that, it is so unbelievable. So many people have died and she & Chad seemed so smug and without a care in the world.

Chad Daybell will appear in court Wednesday in Fremont County | East Idaho News

This has probably been posted but I have only just seen it. Mugshot included. What we have all been waiting for.

Updated at 9:44 pm, June 9, 2020
SHARE THIS

Watch the June 9, 2020 news conference on Chad Daybell’s arrest.
REXBURG — Authorities didn’t release any new details regarding the arrest of Chad Daybell during a press conference Tuesday evening.

During the conference, Rexburg Police Assistant Chief Gary Hagen reiterated Daybell had been arrested and booked into jail in Fremont County following the discovery of unidentified human remains on Daybell’s Salem property.

Daybell was arrested for destruction or concealment of evidence, according to online court records. No bond has been set.

Human remains found in search for missing Idaho kids; Chad Daybell in custody

Another article. Better mugshot.

Chad Daybell, the husband of Lori Vallow, who is charged with desertion in the disappearance of two of her children last year, was taken into custody Tuesday, Idaho authorities said.

200609-chad-daybell-inline-mug-ac-1051p_1bb7f8ce547acda5d3bfbbb9a58dd7a9.fit-760w.jpg

Chad Daybell.Rexburg Police Department
Assistant Rexburg Police Chief Gary Hagen told reporters that Daybell was being questioned after a search warrant was served on his home. He said detectives had recovered unidentified human remains in their investigation of the missing children.

Hagen did not provide additional details about the warrant, which was sealed. Media were not allowed near the home during the search.

Police confirmed to NBC affiliate KTVB of Boise that the search warrant was related to the disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan, who were 7 and 17 years old respectively when they disappeared in September.

191231-joshua-vallow-ryan-2x1-color-mn-1105_db30801873f55010af8ac61788388b69.fit-760w.jpg

Joshua Vallow and Tylee Ryan.Freemont County Sheriff's Office
In a December statement, police said that Vallow and Daybell were refusing to cooperate with the investigation into the missing children, which began in November, and that they had left the state.

Continued at link.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is the most complex case I have ever followed. I actually anticipated many more months passing before we saw Chad charged with anything. Now it looks like both children have been found, and double murder charges are around the corner.
It is the most complex case I have followed as well. I got so confused at times I wanted to give up trying to keep the victims, relatives, husbands, states, time lines, etc straight.

ITA. She seems much too arrogant to admit that after all this time she has known all along that her children were dead. And don't forget she was collecting Tylee's social security the whole time. But if it wasn't Lori, I don't know who else would have known exactly where they were and spilled it.

Actually, no. Look at the original probably cause warrant for Lori's arrest. It took much more than just 2 missing kids.

They had much more than 2 missing kids. Indeed the facts are in part the same as against LV

In reality all they need is suspicion of concealment of the bodies which, given the kids have not been seen for nearly a year and that these two are suspected co-conspirators ...

... don't think that was a high bar to clear

now chad dumbell is safely locked away melani gibb can stop the wishy washy i looooove you chaddy hoohah and tell us some truths.

imo she was saying all that crap about how much she loves chad and lori because she didnt want a target on her head because at that time of interview he was free as bird.

those looks of smugness we all seen in hawaii..........those tiny bubbles....(lol as gray says)wedding pics etc knowing what they had desecrated and left behind..

that digital trail shows those beautiful murdered kids mother delighted with her situation.

that smug face is FINALLY gunna bite her bum. the jury is gunna HATE her.:):)

i hope the woodcocks get to keep tylee with jj and have them at a resting place of their choice. xx

moo

Yeah, it doesn’t make much sense that she would talk, unless they had a staggering amount of evidence against her. I just don’t see that.

Her attitude would probably be “no bodies, no murder.”

I’m confused as to how this all came to be, as I do get the impression that law enforcement knew exactly where to look.

Based on what Nate is saying on his Facebook page 4 hours ago, it does look like that they knew exactly what to expect prior to serving the search warrant.

Someone talked... MOO

"This is Chris. He was our helicopter pilot today and helped us bring the world an important update. I’ll never forget what a law enforcement source told me early this morning - before any news broke:

“Nate, today will be a wonderful, sad day for so many.”

ETA: Ya gotta love the bromance that LE and Nate have ;) :p :D

Last edited:
Based on what Nate is saying on his Facebook page 4 hours ago, it does look like that they knew exactly what to expect prior to serving the search warrant.

Someone talked... MOO

"This is Chris. He was our helicopter pilot today and helped us bring the world an important update. I’ll never forget what a law enforcement source told me early this morning - before any news broke:

“Nate, today will be a wonderful, sad day for so many.”
that is very telling.

the sound of silence has broken......fantastic!

I don’t think Lori squealed at all. Quite the opposite. It’s in her best interests to keep her mouth shut and be suspected of abandonment than open her mouth and admit she’s at least guilty of being an accessory, a conspirator, and/or other murder-related charges, or trying to trade info for lesser/manslaughter charges.

Nope. Someone rumbled them. I bet they both need new underwear.
I wouldn't expect any of their group to know the location of the kids' remains, apart from Alex. Maybe Lori talked too much with a fellow inmate.

The photo that shows a silhouette in the ground is ghastly and disturbing. It really digs deep into the horror of these murders and the sickening tragedy it all is.

We should find out more details sooner than it was looking a couple weeks ago. Lolo’s preliminary hearing seems insignificant now. Surely more charges are coming and hopefully the cops are playing both of them against each other. It seems that’s a good way to break cases when multiple perps are involved.

We can consider all the possibilities about how today’s events materialized but we’ll all know soon enough. The witness could very well be surveillance! I damn glad we’re here though. This bizarro case was maddening and senseless. To hell with these two!
I agree, horrendous murders by their own mother's hand. I can't stop wanting to sob. I can think of nothing else, but these beautiful children and also Kay, Larry and Annie. Please God, let whatever happened to these children to have been quick...

I have soooooo many questions right now! Justin Lum says that there is more than one set of remains per his twitter. I suppose I can infer who they may belong.

I wonder if all the snow was a deterrent when they did the January search and they suspected back then bodies were on the property? It’ll be interesting to find out how this unfolded.

If the bodies were put there in September and now thinking about Tammy (who was still alive) and the his adult kids and seeing that location they are digging just looks so wide open and exposed. Just how did he do this with Tammy and some adult kids around? I don’t know what to think about that- Hopefully all of them were out of town because the alternative is gross.

They are never getting out of jail. Good!

RSBM
i hope the woodcocks get to keep tylee with jj and have them at a resting place of their choice. xx

moo

Jeez, what a thought that Kay and Larry are going to have to go to court to be able to get the remains released to them vs. Lori.... such a vile thought...

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members