Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I missed being around to discuss this the first time. I looked at it again closely tonight. Two things struck me this time.

1. According to the charging document MG didn’t answer the phone when police called, which is exactly what she said Chad asked her to do. Who she presumably had spoken with right before police called! Then further, when they called her she didn’t tell them Chad asked her not to answer. So it took her 11 days (from November 26 to December 6) to decide to tell them the truth. Wow. Had she answered, she could’ve given enough cause for them to arrest then and there, I’d imagine. But she has no charges? Deal?

READ: The documents charging Lori Vallow Daybell | East Idaho News

2. The photo of Tylee at Yellowstone was from Lori’s iCloud. I guess that means they were able to access her cloud with a warrant? I hope so! That’s going to be a treasure trove I imagine! I am slightly surprised there wasn’t more included from the iCloud account. Thoughts?

Sorry if you guys have been thru this.
Love this post. Particularly point 1

I can't recall a case where someone's statement either to lawyers or police, was introduced as evidence, without a least calling the person themselves to repeat and swear to the details in the statement. The important thing is not what they said in the past, but what they say in the court of law.
Well, I think both MBP and IP are on potential witness list so hopefully we will find out.

Last edited:
I did watch that and it is the first time I have heard that. I wonder who is the source for that and where are the pictures? I would think she would have had her stripes on and flip flop shoes.
Would seem if that were the case there would be no need for a cadaver dog that was indeed really there.

I know this link I posted previously seems daunting but for just a quick visual... scroll down to the black and white satellite pictures (Figures 19A/B and 20A/B) comparing changes to the earth. Test bodies were placed in various graves and you can see the changes (11 month and 16 month after interment... each "B" picture shows you the location of the graves).

'Sorry, sometimes I just geek out over this kind of thing!

Exploring non-invasive approaches to assist in the detection of clandestine human burials: developing a way forward

And ultimately it does not matter if JJ died on September 24 and JC lied to the news media or if she is telling the truth and JJ died sometime in October. He'd still dead and we know that with certainty now.
The point means something to me, I do care. IMO there was a moral obligation to be truthful, not to mislead.

I have never seen "The Wall" but it is hosted by my nerd crush, Chris Hardwick.
who also Hosts Talking Dead-- about zombies, so sort of related to this case. LOL
Ha! You are a nerd...
joke! You are not but he is lol! The guy is the most awesome nerd ever! And I’m most disappointed to see the timeline was indeed not paused, so that I could watch the saddest episode I’ve ever seen lol
But not lol at the episode... seriously, don’t watch it... I’m babbling
I needed to talk that out lol. For me it was a nice break. This case is eating at me. I suppose it’s newbie syndrome.
I hope it’s ok to talk like this once in awhile. I don’t want to get in trouble for going off topic.

Regarding Chad Daybell's entry of a not guilty plea, that was a certainty at this point. His attorney is obligated to do everything possible to represent his interests and there is not a defense attorney practicing who would fail to enter that plea. On those very rare occasions when a defendant confesses and pleads early you can be assured his/her counsel advised them not to do so. Thus, there's nothing significant about this plea at this time. Most defense attorneys will also insist on the client's right to a preliminary hearing, which requires the prosecution to produce enough evidence to satisfy the court that the charges are legitimate. Everyone knows the charges are significant and counsel knows the court will bind the defendant over, but having the preliminary hearing allows the defense to get a peek at some of the evidence. Therefore, I fully expect there will be a preliminary hearing and we will hear at least some information about the investigation and how the bodies were discovered.

You can also bet your life that his counsel will be hoping to eventually reach some sort of plea. However, the biggest issue now is that nobody knows how much information and evidence the state has with regard to the other suspicious deaths. Almost certainly Chad is going to sit mute indefinitely until the state finalizes charges against him. Very possibly the state will put together a murder/conspiracy case against both Chad and Lori while continuing to investigate the deaths of their spouses. Now that there is indisputable proof of homicide with regard to the kids, it may make sense to prosecute now and keep the pressure on. Lori's outrageous silence and failure to cooperate with the authorities puts her in a very difficult position to defend herself now.

It is also almost certain that pressure is building rapidly on both of them now that the public knows without any doubt they were lying and knew the children were dead. To be loathed so deeply while also knowing murder charges are imminent has to be extraordinarily stressful and I expect at least one of them will attempt to cut a deal. That, in turn, very well may lead to the resolution of the whole stinking mess with at least Tammy's death and possibly that of Charles.

Excellent breakdown Vislaw. I don't think there was anything that stood out from a procedural standpoint.

What are your thoughts on MM defending LV and the conflict having already represented CD?

Last edited:
Okay, he hasn't pleaded guilty yet.

CHAD DAYBELL’S ATTORNEY INDICATES HIS CLIENT WILL PLEAD NOT GUILTY AND WANTS A JURY TRIAL
The declaration opens the door for the defense to get any documents that prosecutors have, such as police reports.
Author: Devin Ramey
Published: 7:32 PM MDT June 15, 2020
REXBURG, Idaho — Chad Daybell’s defense attorney indicated that Daybell will enter a not guilty plea and requested all evidence that prosecutors have found.

The court documents do not make it an official not guilty plea, as Daybell still needs to get through the preliminary hearings and the case must be handed over to a district court. But it shows that the defense will likely enter a not guilty plea when the court proceedings get underway. The declaration also opens the door for the defense to get any documents that prosecutors have, such as police reports.

Chad Daybell’s attorney indicates his client will plead not guilty and wants a jury trial

So they both want all discovery before they are charged with even more. jmo

You know on the TV years ago I saw a comic joke about Dahmer, who plead not guilty.

"Not Guilty? Not Guilty? BZZZZT! If you have severed human heads in the freeze Not Guilty no longer applies."

Last edited:
Please excuse my bluntness in this post!!

If LE hasn't already taken the cadaver dogs to each of the apartments, they certainly should. It will definitely tell them for sure if one of the kids was killed there. Maybe killed in one apartment and stored in another before being buried at Chads.
I also think they should take the dogs to the storage unit! I really think on the first trip, they stored the kids there. They also need to check each vehicle 's trunk with the dogs. This way LE will find out how the were transported to Chad's house.

Lori, Chad, and all these evil people totally make me sick!! They killed two beautiful Angels. May these two young beautiful Angels find peace and love in Heaven.

I hope Lori and Chad burn in hell!!!

MOO

Last edited:
2. The photo of Tylee at Yellowstone was from Lori’s iCloud. I guess that means they were able to access her cloud with a warrant? I hope so! That’s going to be a treasure trove I imagine! I am slightly surprised there wasn’t more included from the iCloud account. Thoughts?

Sorry if you guys have been thru this.

I have not seen anything that would suggest they got a warrant for the cloud account. My guess is that Lori didn't allow the kids to have passwords on their devices and the account was just open.

Please excuse my bluntness in this post!!

If LE hasn't already taken the cadaver dogs to each of the apartments, they certainly should. It will definitely tell them for sure if one of the kids was killed there. Maybe killed in one apartment and stored in another before being buried at Chads.
I also think they should take the dogs to the storage unit! I really think on the first trip, they stored the kids there. They also need to check each vehicle 's trunk with the dogs. This way LE will find out how the were transported to Chad's house.

Lori, Chad, and all these evil people totally make me sick!! They killed two beautiful Angels. May these two young beautiful Angels find peace and love in Heaven.

I hope Lori and Chad burn in hell!!!

There isn't a great likelihood of repentance in these two.

Ha! You are a nerd...
joke! You are not but he is lol! The guy is the most awesome nerd ever! And I’m most disappointed to see the timeline was indeed not paused, so that I could watch the saddest episode I’ve ever seen lol
But not lol at the episode... seriously, don’t watch it... I’m babbling
I needed to talk that out lol. For me it was a nice break. This case is eating at me. I suppose it’s newbie syndrome.
I hope it’s ok to talk like this once in awhile. I don’t want to get in trouble for going off topic.
:p:D

I'm surprised she hasn't been questioned by the police since giving such statement to the media. I would think they would want to talk to anyone that had contact with JJ since the last time he was seen alive.
I bet that some LE agency talked to her. I am also guessing they got little or nothing from her. My take away from the SS/JC interview was how little contact they had with Lori. They really didn’t know anything about her life. The supposed phone calls with the kids were pathetic attempts to support the story that the kids were OK. I never believed the calls actually happened. They were supporting a relative they knew little about and most likely kept them at arm’s length. Moo

I'm stuck on a couple of timeline details that might be significant.

MG said in the interview that she visited Lori over a weekend beginning September 19th. That was a Thursday and is the same day that Chad flew to Phoenix and told a fellow passenger he was going to help a relative remodel. MG flew home on the 23rd I think, or possibly the 22nd.

MG reports that she, Lori, and Chad walked the track at BYI-I. The only days they could have done that were Friday the 20th or Saturday the 21st. If Chad were in Rexburg on Sunday the 22nd he almost certainly would have been expected to be in church and spending the rest of the day with family, right?

We don't know how long Chad stayed in Phoenix but it would be very strange to fly on a Thursday and not stay through the weekend. I'm not sure I buy the remodeling story but regardless of what his business was I would think he would stay a couple of days, to get a cheaper ticket if for no other reason.

So that makes me think that Melanie is mistaken on which weekend she was in Rexburg. I think she was there the weekend before, September 12-15 or 16. I would also note that there were 2 podcasts in September, one on the 7th and one on the 16th. The one on the 16th was CD,LV, and MG. The earlier one was just MG and LV. I don't think LV or MG have the tech skills to produce a podcast. I think the one on the 7th was prerecorded in Phoenix before LV moved with help of JM and the one on the 16 was produced during MG visit to Rexburg with CD help.

If MG is mistaken about the weekend she visited then that means another friend visited on the 19th. And whoever that was islikely the last to see JJ alive, and could very well have been brought in to assist with the "wet work." Chad may even have made a day trip to pickup this mystery person.
That is a lot of information for me to process. Can you provide some links so that I can follow along? I can’t match some of the info I have written down with this. Thank you! No clue on where to find info like the track, I’m just not sure where to look for all of this. Thank you!

Speculation, (if true)...

So if CD admitted he last saw JJ in Oct in apt #107, we can assume that JJ was brought out to CD’s house to be buried ‘after’ Tammy died.

I wonder if they ever brought cadaver dogs to this apartment?

moo

I wonder if any of them bought a freezer. I hope LE investigated that.

For the record, my memory seems to play tricks on me BUT IIRC Alex told LE Lori lived or was in #107 when she really lived in #175. They checked #107 and it was empty or unoccupied. They also asked Chad when the last time he saw the kids and he said last time he saw JJ was in #107. So was it unoccupied or did Alex live there and it just appeared unoccupied?
According to the Affidavit, AxC lived there but when LE went there for the Welfare check, the apt was empty except for a few small items in the garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2