Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a theory. Some people where I live feel that the government is over stepping boundaries by demanding Lori tell the police where the kids are located. They don't think parents should have to respond when the police or some other entity requests to see their children. I don't feel that way, but there is a bit of that sentiment in these parts. I've read a few comments in other forums that lean in that direction as well

In most of those cases, kids eventually emerge. I think of the David Koresh case. Also the Warren Jeffs case. Somehow we see the kids. There are usually child endangerment concerns. There are probably other much smaller cases where the parents don't produce the kids, but after some surveillance, it is determined that the kids are around. I understand that there is a "none of your business", "I can raise my kids the way I want", attitude, but that doesn't appear to be happening here. I would love to be proven wrong.

I agree. If they don't show, LE will go after them. This isn't going away. MOO.

If they haven't left yet for Idaho, I think they are basically out of options to meet that 5 PM deadline tomorrow. Just waiting to see if an intermediary presents the children tomorrow. I dunno if that will save Her Majesty Lori from contempt charges or not, though. Jmo.

If they haven't left yet for Idaho, I think they are basically out of options to meet that 5 PM deadline tomorrow. Just waiting to see if an intermediary presents the children tomorrow. I dunno if that will save Her Majesty Lori from contempt charges or not, though. Jmo.

If the kids aren't produced tomorrow and Lori has been collecting the kids SS benefits, I expect them to go after her for that. MOO.

A thought I had that hopefully someone can answer.

Could Lori and Chad be charged with obstruction of justice? For lying to LE about the kids being in Arizona?

TIA.
MOO.
Obstruction is not always clear. I think they can be charged on at least JJ as there was documentation of his living in ID and Lori/Chad claiming them to be in AZ with friends, which crosses state lines, bringing in the FBI. According to the following sourced from https://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/research/cornell-law-review/upload/Taylor.pdf

Specifically, the Court held that the defendant’s act must have a “nexus” with the judicial proceedings or the “‘natural and probable effect’ of interfering with the due administration of justice.

I take this to mean that they knew there was a judicial investigation into finding the whereabouts of the children and they misled LE thus interfered with the administration of justice.

I wish I had more knowledge regarding the law.

Do we have any idea when Lori is to appear in court? I can not find it. I did send Tweet to Nate Eaton East Idaho News asking also.
iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

Here is the link

Edit I also sent tweets to Eric Grossarth East Idaho News and Justin Lum Fox10 Phx...*I know they are busy but worth asking

Last edited:

You sure queenie's flying public? I cant imagine she'd want to be trapped in a tube full of curious onlookers (and a reporter or two) for hours. If you're livin' it up, why not charter a flight?

Do we have any idea when Lori is to appear in court? I can not find it. I did send Tweet to Nate Eaton East Idaho News asking also.

Here is the link

Edit I also sent tweets to Eric Grossarth East Idaho News and Justin Lum Fox10 Phx...*I know they are busy but worth asking
I’ve read she needs to be there by 5pm or else be in contempt. I doubt she’s made an appointment.

You sure queenie's flying public? I cant imagine she'd want to be trapped in a tube full of curious onlookers (and a reporter or two) for hours. If you're livin' it up, why not charter a flight?

Well since she seems to have unlimited funds, you might have a point. I cannot imagine that cost!

It looks like a minimum of $5,000 an hour to charter a jet. That would have to be at least $30,000 to get to SLC. It would be super kind of her to let all the reporters and LE tag along. :p

Last edited:
What are people's thoughts on Lori & Chad's attorney strategy? In terms of when they lawyered up (we don't know exact date, but we know when he started speaking publicly for them), who the lawyer is, what his strategy is for them, how well they follow his instructions (*to a T,* imo), and also, the fact that they are *both* being represented by him at this point.

If the attorney thought/knew that each of them were involved in crime(s), especially separately, wouldn't it be best practice for him to recommend separate attorneys? I (luckily) don't know a lot about getting a criminal defense attorney, so I'd love to hear from those who understand it better than I do.

Sean Bartholick, Esq. is now on the national stage and not in a good way for his family practice. This quote from the Missing Idaho kids: Mother Lori Vallow found in Hawaii without children story (bold emphasis mine) “Rexburg police said they have learned that Vallow either knows the location of Joshua and Tylee or knows what happened to themis absolutely awful if harm has come to these children and his clients are hanging at the pool. I would think he is going to refer them to a criminal defense lawyer and rid himself of this mess.

Well since she seems to have unlimited funds, you might have a point. I cannot imagine that cost!

It looks like a minimum of $5,000 an hour to charter a jet. That would have to be at least $30,000 to get to SLC. It would be super kind of her to let all the reporters and LE tag along. :p

I almost wonder if she's just pulling a con. That she'll produce the kids and then file lawsuits against anyone that ever said she was involved in anything nefarious.

I’ve read she needs to be there by 5pm or else be in contempt. I doubt she’s made an appointment.

Oh! I had it in mind she was on the docket to appear in front of a Judge in Rexburg not just waltz in. I keep feeling like we need to assign and stage members of WS places to report from...Kauai Airport, SLC Airport, Idaho Falls Airport, Rexburg Courthouse, beach in front of condo, juice stand somewhere by condo, car/snow machine rental SLC, four wheel drive rental Idaho Falls.
MOO

Sean Bartholick, Esq. is now on the national stage and not in a good way for his family practice. This quote from the Missing Idaho kids: Mother Lori Vallow found in Hawaii without children story (bold emphasis mine) “Rexburg police said they have learned that Vallow either knows the location of Joshua and Tylee or knows what happened to themis absolutely awful if harm has come to these children and his clients are hanging at the pool. I would think he is going to refer them to a criminal defense lawyer and rid himself of this mess.

I was totally thinking the same thing. He is in over his head on this. I was also looking up who the public defenders are in both Madison and Fremont Counties. MOO

Here is the link

I think she either has to show up at the court or the Welfare offices with the kids by 5 p.m. tomorrow.

I don't think she's got that much money. Remember the empty house in Chandler with mattresses on the floor? I think Lori is all about projecting an image. I think she wants to live the ritzy lifestyle but knows she doesn't truly have that kind of money. So she sort of fakes it. Know what I mean? She buys a few of the right clothes to be seen in. She leases, not buys a nice car to drive. She leases but doesn't buy a nice place to live. Weekends in a nice resort. Reportedly she and Chad bought furniture for the place in Princeville. The neighbor saw it being moved in but I bet it was from a furniture rental store or carefully picked out to project an image of wealth and luxury but maybe really not that expensive. I think she's about show. All stuff she can easily walk or run away from. And I think she pretty much flies by the seat of her pants when it comes to procuring money. So far she hasn't done too bad. But I think it's all about to catch up with her.

I'm also really curious to know if she has credit card debt and if so, how much.

I almost wonder if she's just pulling a con. That she'll produce the kids and then file lawsuits against anyone that ever said she was involved in anything nefarious.
The State of Idaho, Child Protective Services (what is called in AZ), should step in regarding custody and make Lori's life a living hell. Or if Lori doesn't care, follow the steps for Guardianship/Conservatorship for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB