Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Christmas time there was a millionaire (I think they said this was the case) who wanted to remain anonymous, but was giving surprise gifts to people who through some kind of bad luck found themselves in need. The person bankrolling this was referred to as a "secret Santa" but it was Nate who got to go to each of the people and tell them about the gift they were receiving. I tend to get a fair amount of my news, at least local news, based on what stories float by on my Facebook newsfeed from Eastern Idaho News and one of the local papers anyway, but the secret Santa got a lot of my attention over the holidays and I've heard (I think people commenting on here) that he was getting fans all over from that.
That's touching. I've heard of similar deals where people pay off all the layaways at a store. A fun gig for Nate...

I'm trying to make sure all the recent videos are in the media thread and I found Nate's encounter with Chad and Lori on East Idaho News youtube. I'm pretty sure I watched it through their news site before. For anyone who is following and usually can't get into US news sites here it is:

This is a MUST WATCH video IMHO and it's worth re-posting. So much is said in that 3 minute walk even if Lori and Chad didn't speak much. MOO.

Last edited:
Reporter Nate Eaton made a very touching post about his 6 year old daughter and how he would act if his daughter or his 2 sons were missing: Nate Eaton - Reporter

Nate is not just an awesome reporter he's an awesome daddy too. I think any of us would do what Nate is describing and he makes an excellent point. Lori and Chad are not acting as normal parents in this situation would.

On a side note: Nate and Justin Lum are neck and neck in the running for "reporter of the year" in my book and I've never even heard of these two before this case.

MOO.
I so agree! Justin has been incredible. I also love that EastIdahoNews.com sent Eric Grossarth with Nate to Hawaii. He’s a kid! Graduating BYU this spring. Nate called him a colleague, which is awesome. These guys, along with Adam Herbets, have stepped up to the national stage. They are covering the most insane, convoluted crime story that we have seen in years. I am strangely proud of all of them. Unraveling where JJ and Tylee are has become something I cannot look away from. I can’t explain it.

I'm trying to make sure all the recent videos are in the media thread and I found Nate's encounter with Chad and Lori on East Idaho News youtube. I'm pretty sure I watched it through their news site before. For anyone who is following and usually can't get into US news sites here it is:

This is a MUST WATCH video IMHO and it's worth re-posting. So much is said in that 3 minute walk even if Lori and Chad didn't speak much. MOO.
Nate really is the MVP.

It's not unusual for tenants to agree in their rental agreement to vacate during showings, when given hours notice. It was my impression from reading the article that they previously went to stay at the KBR during a showing, also. I speculate that Sunday's "showing" was set up by LE, because they knew that would put CD and LV on the move. The wouldn't bring three LE and a prosecutor with them to the island (and tip off a reporter) if they didn't have a careful plan of what was going to happen.

@KonaHonu The condo you looked into was Villas at the Prince #3, not the one Daily Mail mistakenly posted, right?

Marking my spot...... Impeachment and Idaho/Hawaii to keep up with... I need more popcorn.......moooooooooo0000
MOO
Me too. Hurrying to to a quick dog walk/hike. Diet Coke and popcorn ready
I hadn't seen this one posted yet. This video is from yesterday and has an interview with JJ's grandmother Kay:

*MOO I hadnt seen this either.

What are people's thoughts on Lori & Chad's attorney strategy? In terms of when they lawyered up (we don't know exact date, but we know when he started speaking publicly for them), who the lawyer is, what his strategy is for them, how well they follow his instructions (*to a T,* imo), and also, the fact that they are *both* being represented by him at this point.

If the attorney thought/knew that each of them were involved in crime(s), especially separately, wouldn't it be best practice for him to recommend separate attorneys? I (luckily) don't know a lot about getting a criminal defense attorney, so I'd love to hear from those who understand it better than I do.

The police are following the law, and I think Idaho is pretty serious about getting Lori back to Rexburg. Looks like they are chomping at the bit for her to ignore the judge's order. They will pay to get Lori back to Idaho. Look at all of the LEO they have right now in Hawaii.

I think that the police have been very methodical and meticulous in this case. I believe that the desire to have Lori and Chad face the "music", has probably sliced through jurisdictional issues like a knife in warm butter. LEO wants them.

There is probably a plan here, that will fall like dominoes. The only sticking point, is Alex. He could be easily blamed for everything. I really want to know how he died.

I agree. If they don't show, LE will go after them. This isn't going away. MOO.

A thought I had that hopefully someone can answer.

Could Lori and Chad be charged with obstruction of justice? For lying to LE about the kids being in Arizona?

TIA.

The legal scholar quoted in that recent article about the three possible outcomes of serving Lori the order to produce the kids said that if she shows up with the kids, it's doubtful obstruction charges would be filed. But if she doesn't show up, OJ charges aren't the next step...it would likely be a bench warrant for contempt of court, an eventual arrest, extradition back to Idaho. *Or,* if they have big evidence, charges for a larger crime.

I don't think LE expects to see the kids tomorrow. I think it is just more rope for Chad and Lori to hang themselves with. The kids not making an appearance is more evidence for charges that will be eventually filed.

I think LE is hoping beyond hope though, that the kids are ok.

Reporter Nate Eaton made a very touching post about his 6 year old daughter and how he would act if his daughter or his 2 sons were missing: Nate Eaton - Reporter

Nate is not just an awesome reporter he's an awesome daddy too. I think any of us would do what Nate is describing and he makes an excellent point. Lori and Chad are not acting as normal parents in this situation would.

On a side note: Nate and Justin Lum are neck and neck in the running for "reporter of the year" in my book and I've never even heard of these two before this case.

MOO.
MOO
He is stating how we are all feeling watching this play out. Normal people who care about children. He and Justin are real journalists chasing this for us. We appreciate them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph