Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's really so much we don't know yet that I believe will eventually come out in this case. One thing that keeps bothering me is whether Lori and Chad originally planned to move to Hawaii or if that was what they decided to do after LE searched the Rexburg townhouses. Supposedly they told Chad's parents that they got married in Hawaii and (in the same conversation? or a later conversation?) said they could visit them if they wanted to. Chad also allegedly told Tammy's family at the funeral that he probably would never visit them in Utah. Was that because he was already planning to move to Hawaii with Lori? Or was he just being cruel? Chad's family was shocked at his getting married and didn't know about it in advance. Lori didnt' tell Colby at all. Did family reactions cause Lori and Chad to return to Idaho after the honeymoon to try to smooth things out or had they always planned to go back to Idaho to live in Rexburg? We have LE saying they left the townhouse abruptly after the welfare check as if they fled at the last minute. Lori left behind her belongings and JJ's toys. Where were Lori and Chad between Dec 1 and Dec 10? I hope LE knows. MOO.

Could be but wouldn't she want to spend Thanksgiving with her kids? And Chad spent Thanksgiving with his family before going to Hawaii to grieve, right?
I'm not sure how to answer that, kids haven't been seen for over 2 months by that time and weren't with her, unless you mean Colby. I'm sure he'd have welcomed a visit from her so she could answer his questions.

CR and Tylee's aunt has a blog that mentions the Venmo payments and that CR lost his job and vehicles which were both registered to CV. One taken by LE and one repossessed.

ETA. Will add link here.

apologies! i found this article that states that CR said that LV commonly used TRs account to send him money and that CR texted with TR thru october but wasn’t able to facetime or actually talk on the phone with her. disregard my prev post :)

Lori Vallow's adult son speaks out about his mother's lies and his stepfather's death

This is such valuable information on many fronts... maybe LV and CD know some of these laws and issues that could help them down the road... you will have to always chime in on these Kuau
That's right - there are no mainland banks here. We have First Hawaiian Bank, Central Pacific Bank, Bank of Hawaii, American Savings Bank plus a few very small local banks and credit unions. Oahu has a few more. There is one Chase ATM in the state - in the Disney resort on Oahu. I've been to third world countries with more infrastructure/services than the neighbor islands in Hawaii.

Fedex overnight takes 2-3 days here.

People have land titles to addresses that the post offices says don't exist. There are parcels of land that literally no one owns. There is also a type of land right called "kuleana rights" that are essentially squatter's rights you have if your family has taken care of the land for a long period. (Mark Zuckerburg tried to buy a large chunk of land a couple of years ago on Kauai that contained a large number of kuleana parcels and when his lawyers tried to file to quiet the titles there was a huge uproar and he eventually dropped his claims.) The legal description on land titles usually ends with "more or less" and often starts with listing listing the Chief that the land originally belonged to, not some measurable survey monument.

It's really the wild west. I love it here and the natural beauty is unbeatable. But once you go beyond tourist things, it really is quite different from the rest of the US. Even the legal system is only superficially based on the same principals of the rest of the US. For example, a key principle of Hawaiian law is something called the mamalahoa rule, also known as the broken paddle rule. It basically says that ignorance of the law IS an excuse. So prosecution in Hawaii often requires proving more than just the defendant committed the crime, in many cases there has to be proof that they were aware of the value of what they stole for example. And punishments are usually very light compared to other states.

I'm not saying the differences are relevant here. I'm just saying that many of the assumptions that people make that Hawaii is part of the US so things must be the same are simply not true once you look beneath the surface, especially on the neighbor islands.
Wow... so much interesting information here... I do keep wondering about why Kauai... I know it has been a "favorite place" for LV in the past..but as someone much earlier on had said, why Hawaii where she had spent time..why not some island elsewhere where it would have been much harder to find them. So I have wondered what do they have there, or know there that will help their case. Maybe the real estate issues have something with this case.

Did anyone hear the chatter in the studio that they must have forgotten to edit out, when they played the footage of Lori and Chad walking into the church a second time. It sounds like someone says 'oof, look at her...' :D

about 3.30 minutes into the video
I did hear that but thought it was at the church.

Where were Lori and Chad between Dec 1 and Dec 10? I hope LE knows. MOO.[/QUOTE]

I like the idea of Las Vegas and I am sure le has gotten hold of CCTV from AC and MB's weddings so they would know if Lvd and cd were there. But what if they lvd and cd went to Arizona after the weddings, maybe even flew out of Phoenix possibly to Hawaii. It is so close to the time AC died. AC went back to arizona after he married? MB went back to Idaho.
If chad went to see family alone then lori went to Vegas alone. Maybe they met up in arizona after the festivities imo

Last edited:
Yea that is horribly sad yet mature and also probably a learned trait from coping with a dysfunctional and psychotic mom. She probably truly felt like she was JJ’s mom. She probably took care of him more than Lori. What also strikes me and angers me greatly is how NO ONE looked out for her. Anybody send her a birthday present? And I still can’t get over Colby recognizing that yet not asking where they are moving. Blows my mind. September to November 26 is a LONG time.
Unfortunately, parentification is *really* common among abused and neglected children. Fits quite well, imo, with Lori's apparent narcissism.
TR was never very active on SM. Even years before any issues she made very few posts
One media article commented that Tylee was "very" active on social media. I can't remember if I posted about it or not, I think I did. It's very possible that, up until her disappearance, she was indeed very active, but it could very well not be obvious to outside observers, for two reasons: 1) User IDs that we do not know and are not easily findable. Kids these days are much more likely to have their socials private, for secrecy, because most of the services encourage or require it for under-18s, and because honestly, kids in general are tending more online security-conscious, as a rule, than their parents were/are.
But there are plenty of defiant narcissistic people who I would not dignify with the label of libertarian ... they're just criminals who don't want to get caught, or arrogant self-absorbed people who think that the norms and laws of a functioning society don't apply to them.
Lori, to me, very much comes across as narcissistic. I'd never realized/connected it before, but the only people I know who tend toward more extreme anti-government views also present as narcissistic. Not sure what the correlation is there, but it's interesting thing to notice.
What was so special about Bailey's collar? Jmo
I doubt there was any "special" or out of the ordinary, just a collar/harness that indicated in some way that Bailey was a service animal and not a pet, useful *but NOT required* when taking the service animal into public places.
I have read that the collar can be like a bib type of thing and have the child's medications in it. Perhaps it can have medical details, emergency contact, etc also. It would also allow the dog to be taken in restaurants and places where dogs usually cannot go, I guess. A bit like the harness that guide dogs for the blind wear maybe? MOO.
The timeline states from the divorce documents:
"the dog’s collar so the dog can go wherever JJ goes"

So presumably she took the item that states Bailey was a service dog and lets the dog accompany him wherever.

Not to mention she also took J.J.'s medication and refused to give it back.
It could have storage for medication, and that's one thing a dog can be trained to do, recognize when its owner has need of an on-demand medication, and indicate to them, or someone nearby, that its owner has need of it. I think that's a little less likely with as young as JJ is, and also, I doubt he was taking on-demand (as needed) medications, but of course I could be wrong.

Also, a specific halter or collar is neither necessary nor required to take a service animal into a public place. The laws don't work that way. However, taking it, so CV would have to go get a new collar or halter might well have been done just to be obnoxious.

Lori taking JJ's medication bothers me. It suggests not just that she wanted to make things difficult for CV, but that she truly did not care how her actions impacted JJ, so long as she was irritating to CV. These are fixable issues, the collar and the medication, and not really THAT big a problem to deal with in the scheme of things... just a hassle, and a cost. Like canceling his flight, or taking and hiding his truck. Childish, immature, and almost reckless. Spiteful.

It occurs to me that, taking the medication and the truck, both... I wonder if CV tried to report their theft?
I was thinking about RexburgSleuths comments about searching the Salt Lake City airport for the vehicles.
If one of their vehicles was left at SLC airport LE would have impounded it by now.
Vehicles can stay in long term for months at many economy parking places, and I suspect no one would notice (unless deliberately searching) until it wasn't paid for and it was time to have it towed.
Someone mentioned a week or two back here on WS that Tylee was active on SM, but using Snapchat and other SM platforms that don't leave a public footprint. Anyone on this forum have knowledge of 16-17 year olds today and their SM use? Does that seem reasonable?
This would be totally normal with this age group and younger. I work with quite a few people ages 14-25, and heavy Facebook use has totally dropped off. Most seem to use it very little these days, if at all. Instagram, Snapchat, and Tiktok are the most popular, with a variety of older or lesser-known services mixed in. It's extremely common for teens to have multiple accounts on each service. Maybe one that they allow their family to know, another for their friends, and maybe even one or more that are secret. Snapchat, especially, since you can't change your username - they just make another one. Or forgetting or losing passwords, or losing access to an email, or just changing their phone... these are all reasons they may well just make another account. A new account is easier than trying to access the old one. Changing accounts is also a way to leave unwanted relationships behind.
but my thought on this is, she doesn’t have anybody to talk to. You don’t post on Snapchat or talk to people on Snapchat without someone to talk to. If she’s talking to someone, a friend, you’d think they’d be reporting it.
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Tylee is likely to be active on social media now. But prior to things going bad? It would be stranger if she wasn't active on social media.
What concerns me about those scheduled hearings is that LV will have to be served for them all. I don't think that will be easy! I cant see a prosecutor or the FBI getting involved in that to do it.
Will she really have to be served for them all? Or is it possible that there are things going on behind the scenes that mean she is not required to be served?

That's right - there are no mainland banks here. We have First Hawaiian Bank, Central Pacific Bank, Bank of Hawaii, American Savings Bank plus a few very small local banks and credit unions. Oahu has a few more. There is one Chase ATM in the state - in the Disney resort on Oahu. I've been to third world countries with more infrastructure/services than the neighbor islands in Hawaii.

Fedex overnight takes 2-3 days here.

People have land titles to addresses that the post offices says don't exist. There are parcels of land that literally no one owns. There is also a type of land right called "kuleana rights" that are essentially squatter's rights you have if your family has taken care of the land for a long period. (Mark Zuckerburg tried to buy a large chunk of land a couple of years ago on Kauai that contained a large number of kuleana parcels and when his lawyers tried to file to quiet the titles there was a huge uproar and he eventually dropped his claims.) The legal description on land titles usually ends with "more or less" and often starts with listing listing the Chief that the land originally belonged to, not some measurable survey monument.

It's really the wild west. I love it here and the natural beauty is unbeatable. But once you go beyond tourist things, it really is quite different from the rest of the US. Even the legal system is only superficially based on the same principals of the rest of the US. For example, a key principle of Hawaiian law is something called the mamalahoa rule, also known as the broken paddle rule. It basically says that ignorance of the law IS an excuse. So prosecution in Hawaii often requires proving more than just the defendant committed the crime, in many cases there has to be proof that they were aware of the value of what they stole for example. And punishments are usually very light compared to other states.
lei
I'm not saying the differences are relevant here. I'm just saying that many of the assumptions that people make that Hawaii is part of the US so things must be the same are simply not true once you look beneath the surface, especially on the neighbor islands.

Also... I have to say, Kauai is such a fabulous place to visit...After a trip to Kauai I really never had any interest to go back to Hawaii...because I just felt K had to be the best so why change that feeling. However... i know it must be hard. When there, my husband and son went on one of those crazy boat excursions/tours around the cliffs of Hanalei. Too afraid to do any such thing, I took my daughter to the beaches in Hanalei. When in some coffee shop we started a conversation with a teenage girl. She started off slow...like..."so how do you like the island...but within minutes she got into "what a freaky prison with very strange ways of living... her parents had moved with her to Kauai from ..i dunno...some major CA city.... I felt really really bad for her! But always did wonder what she felt was 'freaky". I am, however, quite curious as to your comment "once you look beneath the surface, especially on the neighbor islands"... is that the little ones around Kauai? or the bigger islands?

Oh, ok, I was just confused by your wording "so it seems this time", as if there was some news.
Yes I said "it seems" then asked is this correct? We have gaps we are trying to fill. If the kids are alive, when/how/ is she contacting them?

apologies! i found this article that states that CR said that LV commonly used TRs account to send him money and that CR texted with TR thru october but wasn’t able to facetime or actually talk on the phone with her. disregard my prev post :)

Lori Vallow's adult son speaks out about his mother's lies and his stepfather's death
I thought I had read that CR did not have a job..it was from the Aunt's information. It still feeds to my question---> Where is all the money coming from? CR did apparently have a job when LV came to tell him she was moving.

I thought that one of our VIs said that Chad was on vacation with his family on Thanksgiving weekend. Not sure if that was in Hawaii.
Yes I think that he was but location unknown I believe, but he was not with Lori his new wife AFAIK.

So I must have missed this. CD and Lvd went hawaii to marry Nov 5th then came back to idaho? I did not realize that, how did I miss that. Then left again because of welfare check.
Crazy imo

At least in Chad's case, he was probably going to be leaving regardless for the (presumably already planned) family vacation. Whether Lori was already planning to be gone or not isn't clear. They may or may not have been reacting to he visit from LE, but I'm inclined to think they did what they were already going to be doing. (Which doesn't mean that at a minimum LV didn't know she was telling lies to LE.)

There's really so much we don't know yet that I believe will eventually come out in this case. One thing that keeps bothering me is whether Lori and Chad originally planned to move to Hawaii or if that was what they decided to do after LE searched the Rexburg townhouses. Supposedly they told Chad's parents that they got married in Hawaii and (in the same conversation? or a later conversation?) said they could visit them if they wanted to. Chad also allegedly told Tammy's family at the funeral that he probably would never visit them in Utah. Was that because he was already planning to move to Hawaii with Lori? Or was he just being cruel? Chad's family was shocked at his getting married and didn't know about it in advance. Lori didnt' tell Colby at all. Did family reactions cause Lori and Chad to return to Idaho after the honeymoon to try to smooth things out or had they always planned to go back to Idaho to live in Rexburg? We have LE saying they left the townhouse abruptly after the welfare check as if they fled at the last minute. Lori left behind her belongings and JJ's toys. Where were Lori and Chad between Dec 1 and Dec 10? I hope LE knows. MOO.
So did the kids go to Hawaii with them the first time they went at beginning of Nov when they married or the second time perhaps after Thanksgiving? Where were Chad, Tammy and the kids at Thansgiving ? Who did the kids spend it with?

Sure hope Chad and Lori stockpile at least a million for good defense attorneys, this thing is gonna pop them soon and but good!

They won't need it. This case will be high profile and attorneys will be lining up to take it.

So did the kids go to Hawaii with them the first time they went at beginning of Nov when they married or the second time perhaps after Thanksgiving? Where were Chad, Tammy and the kids at Thansgiving ? Who did the kids spend it with?

Tammy was in her grave. Chad and his kids were on a vacation somewhere together without Lori.

I do too. LE must have access to plane travel information that would clear up many of our questions. I guess we just have to wait...

I missed most of Nate’s interview with dr. Oz, anyone know if it will be posted somewhere later?
Nate was great, so professional. The grandparents were so emotional, and their pain must have pushed many listeners to share in that pain. He had some prosecutor on as well...I personally did not find her very enlightening....but the grandparents and Nate were riviting...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid