Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the Dateline video show a hospital bed seconds after saying "now one of the insiders is dead" ?

upload_2020-2-11_23-6-27.png

Dateline NBC on Twitter

I thought he meant Alex the first time I viewed it but I just noticed the hospital bed. And the video had already said 3 people are dead prior to that and shown photos of Alex, Charles and Tammy.
I'm drawing a blank here... No one in this case has died in a hospital that we know of, right?
I really hope none of our WS insiders died. We have a couple insiders we have not heard from in a really long time... :eek:o_O

MOO.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. Anniversaries can be rough.
Interesting... JJ and Tylee disappear on Tylee's birthday about Sept 23. Do we have any history of problems in mid to late September? AC going to jail for JR's assault? SC's death? LV/CV wedding? Deaths of other people we aren't allowed to snoop?

My wife works in psychiatry and she has patients that come back year after year after year, within a week or two of some trigger event. They might be fine 50 weeks out of a year but those anniversaries of some event they latch into...they can be awful.

I have to say that I don't think the LDS view may inform Lori's attitudes is true. Her behavior is all over the place. She may have attended church the past two Sundays but she is not in alignment with LDS values at all in my opinion. She makes her own rules and breaks and bends the others as she sees fit. MOO.
BBM

I think the part you bolded is key. When she's dreaming up some new story she's likely to put a spin on something she'd heard elsewhere and Mormon beliefs, stories, and such are apparently something she'd be more familiar with, so getting a twist on them for her purposes makes sense. But she's going to bend and break the rules as needed for her purposes.

Question for those who were at funeral or related services for Tammy (@RexburgSleuth @Randocalrissian ): Did Chad already have his "new" haircut then? I noticed he's sporting it in his Hawaiian wedding photos Nov 5. I'm wondering if he essentially left town and turned into a new person, or if he's had that haircut for a while and the original photos we saw of him were just outdated. I'm trying to wrap my head around how abruptly he changed after Tammy's death of if it was more gradual. Or perhaps the haircut changed in early Sept when LVD arrived? It might give us an inkling (albeit circumstantial) that they were seeing each other already, and whether or not he may know the actual details of the kids' whereabouts? Would love any insights.
MOO

I’m from Utah too and it’s pretty common for people to park their car at a front runner station (train station, they don’t tow) and take that to the airport. I’ve done that a few times myself, not sure if Lori could bother with public transit though! Here’s to hoping they used cards for everything!

Now this makes sense and I'd bet is even encouraged to some degree.

Since we haven't had another death in several months and, then, without autopsy results coming in yet on them - perhaps we will have another death soon with this black widow Lori. Hope not, but Chad would be the next to go perhaps? Hope NO ONE dies, but I am just looking at the obvious patterning here. I pray for the kids at any rate and if anyone else close dies - get those autopsies going right away!

Since we haven't had another death in several months and, then, without autopsy results coming in yet on them - perhaps we will have another death soon with this black widow Lori. Hope not, but Chad would be the next to go perhaps? Hope NO ONE dies, but I am just looking at the obvious patterning here. I pray for the kids at any rate and if anyone else close dies - get those autopsies going right away!
I’m wondering if there have not been more deaths cause Alex is dead. He seems to have been the go to guy or the angel she said would help her get rid of Charles.

re: the hospital bed in the promo piece--I think they're just using a stock photo for dramatic effect.

eta: First time I've had the forum lose the quote. Usually it double posts.

I hope you're right carbuff. I'm concerned because one of @Maxxer500 's last posts he told us he had been sick: ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #4

He stopped posting on Jan 4th and hasn't logged back in since Jan 27th. I was thinking he was just keeping a low profile and stopped posting at the request of the rest of Tammy's family. I hope that's the case.

We also haven't heard from @echoecho222 since Dec 30, 2019 and she last logged in Jan 28: ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #3

If the VI's are still following but just not saying much, I totally understand.
But selfishly, I hope they will post again and let us know they are alive and well.
This case is already so disturbing. I hope there are no more deaths/no more missing persons.

MOO.

Were Chad and Tammy the only two employees of the publishing business? I am not including any authors they published, only people who would be considered staff.

Because with Tammy’s passing, is Chad keeping the business going? Is someone else? What does Chad have for monthly income if his finance person (Tammy) is dead?

All good questions. I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer. To some extent, some of it (ebooks for books already released) the money will come each month from the various vendors (Amazon, for sure, with several others as possibilities). I'm guessing any new books aren't moving along. Paper books for their backlist have almost surely not been moving since Deseret Book and Seagull dropped them. Possibly one of the sons that are living in their house could be do whatever needs to happen to fill any orders they happened to get for paper books or, depending on how they're set up to distrubte those, it may be outsourced already.

All good questions. I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer. To some extent, some of it (ebooks for books already released) the money will come each month from the various vendors (Amazon, for sure, with several others as possibilities). I'm guessing any new books aren't moving along. Paper books for their backlist have almost surely not been moving since Deseret Book and Seagull dropped them. Possibly one of the sons that are living in their house could be do whatever needs to happen to fill any orders they happened to get for paper books or, depending on how they're set up to distrubte those, it may be outsourced already.

BigAl16, I had not even thought about who might be preparing any new orders of paperbacks. Good thinking! With Tammy not there to handle the financial aspects, I was wondering who was handling payroll, especially if there are other employees. Maybe all of it is outsourced but those vendors would also need to be paid. So I wonder if Chad is handling that now.

It sure does seem like a lot of money floating around for people who aren’t working (from what I can tell).

Trainer of service dog that Lori Vallow gave away says missing JJ Vallow would sometimes wander off; family had to lock doors to keep boy from going out into the night

February 11, 2020

The dog trainer who helped train a puppy who would later become a service dog for JJ Vallow said the now-missing boy had a habit of wandering off, and the service dog that his mother gave away helped him sleep through the night.

“He would get up in the middle of the night and they had to have all the doors locked and everything secured so he wouldn’t wander off into the neighborhood,” Neal Mestas, owner of Dog Training Elite, told ABC 15.

“One of the first nights that J.J. slept through the night and stayed in his bed was the first night that Bailey stayed there with him.”

[...]

Mestas says he helped train Bailey, a Goldendoodle puppy who eventually became a service dog for JJ Vallow, who is reportedly autistic.

“Bailey was there to keep him on task and alert the parents if he was wandering off,” he told the news outlet.

Read More: Trainer of service dog that Lori Vallow gave away says missing JJ Vallow would sometimes wander off; family had to lock doors to keep boy from going out into the night

This is the first I am reading the part above about JJ wandering but that makes sense and is something known to be an issue for children with autism. This makes it even more reprehensible that Lori got rid of his service animal that kept him safe. :mad::( MOO.

So... who or what is currently making sure that JJ doesn't go "sleep-wandering" off somewhere in the middle of the night from his secret lair, now that this wrinkle has been added to the equation?

I'm fresh out of alternative explanations on this one so asking for help.

BigAl16, I had not even thought about who might be preparing any new orders of paperbacks. Good thinking! With Tammy not there to handle the financial aspects, I was wondering who was handling payroll, especially if there are other employees. Maybe all of it is outsourced but those vendors would also need to be paid. So I wonder if Chad is handling that now.

It sure does seem like a lot of money floating around for people who aren’t working (from what I can tell).

First, I'd be amazed if there is much work or much money floating around. I've detailed why I think that multiple times in the last couple threads, but what it comes down to is that logically their biggest volume, given their market and the their business structure, would be Amazon (where the sales rankings indicate less than 15-20 books per title per month, most of them ebooks) and any book stores that specialize in LDS literature, with the two chains that dropped them being a massive share of the market. Those chains are also where they'd have been moving the majority of paper books.

I doubt they had other employees or payroll unless it was one of their kids working a few hours a week and that's extremely doubtful.

I don't believe for one minute that this has not become a top priority. There is no way IMO that they are not testing for everything they can think of and I don't see it taking a year. This roller coaster of ridiculousness has to come to and end. Look at all that has happened around these 2 people.
There are a few plants in Hawaii that are extremely common and you can extract extremely powerful drugs from. One that comes to mind is Angel's trumpet (datura). You can make scopalamine, atropine, and various other drugs from it. One of those is belladona which paralyzes your pupils in the dilated state. It is also a poison.

I have it on my property. One day a few months ago I was working in the yard, mostly weedwhacking and chainsawing. I was wearing safety glasses. I felt a sting in my eye at one point like a bead of sweat got in my eye. My vision in that eye got blurred. I was almost done so I finished up, assuming it was just dirty sweat. I took a shower then looked in the mirror and quickly noticed one pupil was fully dilated and the other was normal. Differential dilation can be a sign of a serious head injury so I was briefly freaked out. I got a flashlight and checked my pupil response and that pupil was unresponsive to light. I vaguely remembered that belladona can do that and wondered if datura did as well. A little googling and I found medical reports about it. So I rinsed my eyes out and waited. It took about two days for everything to return to normal! My exposure would have been incidental because I was not working on a datura plant.

Symptoms of datura poisoning can include very dry throat, loss of balance and coordination, tachycardia, and it can lead to death. Wasn't Tammy coughing (dry throat), fell out of bed....

And here's the fun part - when bees make honey from datura flowers the honey contains the toxic compounds.

The plant is a common source of poisons used for suicide in Europe.

That's just one of literally millions of plant species here that could potentially yield an unusual poison. Given the knowledge of some of our POI's associates in areas like this, they could easily have extracted some novel compound that might not even be tested for.

If Chad (or Lori) was a regular in Hawaii they could easily have gotten ahold of some. It is an extremely common plant and grows wild all over the place.

First, I'd be amazed if there is much work or much money floating around.
I completely agree. But I wonder about life insurance, inheritances, and so forth. CV was close to retirement and was a financial professional. I bet he had sizeable savings and retirement accounts that would have gone to Lori. It's not hard for me to imagine them sitting on $2 million or more. I'm aware she was not the beneficiary of life insurance. I'm thinking IRAs and 401(k)s. (retirement saving accounts for the non-US folks).

$2 million is a pretty nice nest egg anywhere but living a tourist lifestyle in Hawaii.

And if they truly believe the end is near, they would not need much to live until July. I say that in all seriousness. If they truly believe then their planning horizon is so short that they truly can live it up now without fear. If they blew $100,000 a month they only need $500,000 now. I'm sure CV had at least that much saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74