Found Deceased ID - Matthew Jedediah 'Jed' Hall, 16, Idaho Falls, 22 Jan 2018

Do you have a link for this? I can't find what you're referring to. TIA!

Dang. Their was another woman found in the Snake river who went missing as well recently. I drove by it today. I’m baffled why so many people go into it. Although I guess someone could drive off the bridge. I’m glad to hear his family has answers and I hope he is at rest

MAY 2, 2022
Father believes human remains found in car recovered from Snake River belong to missing son | Freeaccess | idahostatejournal.com
[...]

"I don't think he grabbed someone else and put them in the car," Allen Hall said when asked how sure he was that the remains found on Sunday morning were of his son, Matthew Jedediah “Jed” Hall, a 16-year-old Idaho Falls boy who was last seen driving on a winter morning in 2018.

[...]

"We were totally shocked,” Allen Hall said in response to Jed’s car being found.

Both of Jed's parents, Allen and Amy Hall, were present when the vehicle was located and recovered Sunday.

[...]

A little over 18 months after first learning of Jed's disappearance, Adventures with Purpose decided the fact Jed's cell phone had pinged off a nearby cell tower shortly before his disappearance was a major factor that led them to take another look at the case.

"I'm going to say that 95 percent of the time we have a cell phone ping we are going to solve the case," an Adventures with Purpose crew member said in the YouTube video. "That's what we had here, that X-factor that brought us within a 5-mile radius and then narrowed it down .43 miles from the cell phone tower to the boat ramp."

[...]

MAY 4, 2022
Family of missing Idaho Falls teen confirms human remains | ktvb.com
Hall's family confirmed the remains were his Wednesday night in a Facebook post. They added they have tentatively planned a memorial service at the Nalder Funeral Home in Shelley, ID on Saturday, May 14.

Rest peacefully Jed.

g10042.gif

MAY 4, 2022
Family of missing Idaho Falls teen confirms human remains | ktvb.com
Hall's family confirmed the remains were his Wednesday night in a Facebook post. They added they have tentatively planned a memorial service at the Nalder Funeral Home in Shelley, ID on Saturday, May 14.

Rest peacefully Jed.

g10042.gif

Obituary​

Our beloved son, brother, grandson and nephew Matthew Jedediah Hall, passed away at the age of 16 on January 22, 2018.

Jed was born on October 29, 2001 to Allen Lawrence Hall and Amy Leigh Kosmider Hall who lived in Idaho Falls, Idaho. He spent his entire young life in Idaho Falls, as the youngest of two children.

Jed attended Westside Elementary from Kindergarten through Fifth grade, and then happily transferred to American Heritage Charter School in Sixth grade, where he stayed until his death. He was elected by his peers as a member of the Student Council in his Sophomore year.

He is survived by his parents, Allen and Amy Hall, his brother Christopher Sherwood , his Grandparents Patrick and Sally Kosmider and Honorary Grandparents Ed and Harriet Scannell who all live in Michigan, Uncles Timothy (April), Howard (Debbie) and Tom (Darla) and many cousins.

He was preceded in death by his Grandparents Frances and Adrian Hall.

Jed was a kind person, very caring and helpful to others. He was interested in many things, and enjoyed travel with his family, camping, marksmanship, building stuff with many different materials and exploring.

He played soccer for years and was a valuable team player. He and a couple of his teammates always raced to take down the net after every game, and then hang by their hands on the crossbar as long as possible.

He was a member of the Civil Air Patrol and was a leader who was always ready to help fellow cadets. He had competed and won a spot at a summer camp with the Air Force Pararescue. Everyone in the squadron thought highly of him and respected him.

He was always ready with a batch of his handmade peanut brittle for any fundraiser or birthday. Jed LOVED water and was always happy playing in it whether it was the ocean, a lake or a pool. Some of his favorite time was spent on Lake James in Michigan fishing for Bass and catching sunfish.

A Celebration of Jed’s Life will be held at 1:00 p.m. Saturday, May 14th, 2022 at Nalder Funeral Home, 110 West Oak Street in Shelley. The family will receive friends Saturday from 11:00 till 12:50 PM, and there will be a service at 1 PM at the Funeral Home. There will not be a graveside service. Those who would like to participate in the funeral service remotely are invited to view the service on a broadcast on the Nalder Funeral Home Facebook Page.

We are also planning a gathering after the ceremony at Grandpa’s Southern Barbeque at 1540 West Broadway Street in Idaho Falls.

Video about the search and recovery has now been uploaded by Adventures With Purpose on their youtube page.

My heart is weeping for having watched the video of pulling Jed inside his vehicle from the watery grave. Jed's mother said her son had gone to his school during the night and placed a note, a necklace he made, and $1000 cash inside his girlfriend's locker.

The Adventures with Purpose Team discovered a gun holster inside the vehicle that had landed on all 4 tires after it entered the water. Dr Phil's film crew was also on site.

Jed Hall had hoped to be accepted admissions to the Air Force Academy. May he rest in Peace.

My heart is weeping for having watched the video of pulling Jed inside his vehicle from the watery grave. Jed's mother said her son had gone to his school during the night and placed a note, a necklace he made, and $1000 cash inside his girlfriend's locker.

The Adventures with Purpose Team discovered a gun holster inside the vehicle that had landed on all 4 tires after it entered the water. Dr Phil's film crew was also on site.

Jed Hall had hoped to be accepted admissions to the Air Force Academy. May he rest in Peace.

Actually, in that same video his mom said he didn't have any 'formal' girlfriend, just girls that were friends.
And that he would stop in where this particular girl worked and visit with her.

An odd thing to quibble about in the young man's life would be that he stopped by to visit a particular girl at her job but not acknowledge that she may have been his girlfriend.

Jed broke into the school by tossing a brick at the glass in the exterior door so he could enter the building. After all, of all the people that Jed knew, he placed a thousand dollars inside her school locker. Of all the people Jed knew in his brief life, as a parting gesture, he gave this particular girl a necklace he made. He placed the gift inside her school locker for her to find when he was gone.

I'm not sure why Jed wanted her to have $1000 from him. I can speculate but won't do that. It is enough for me to know that he cared about this particular girl so much that he'd visit her workplace, he'd leave her a handmade gift and he'd leave her with a thousand dollars cash. Yeah, I think he adored her. I think she was his girlfriend.

Just because a parent wasn't aware of his heartfelt desires doesn't make them any less true. His parents thought he'd joined the French Foreign Legion but that wasn't true. It was a fantasy because the truth was too difficult to bear, perhaps.

An odd thing to quibble about in the young man's life would be that he stopped by to visit a particular girl at her job but not acknowledge that she may have been his girlfriend.

Jed broke into the school by tossing a brick at the glass in the exterior door so he could enter the building. After all, of all the people that Jed knew, he placed a thousand dollars inside her school locker. Of all the people Jed knew in his brief life, as a parting gesture, he gave this particular girl a necklace he made. He placed the gift inside her school locker for her to find when he was gone.

I'm not sure why Jed wanted her to have $1000 from him. I can speculate but won't do that. It is enough for me to know that he cared about this particular girl so much that he'd visit her workplace, he'd leave her a handmade gift and he'd leave her with a thousand dollars cash. Yeah, I think he adored her. I think she was his girlfriend.

Just because a parent wasn't aware of his heartfelt desires doesn't make them any less true. His parents thought he'd joined the French Foreign Legion but that wasn't true. It was a fantasy because the truth was too difficult to bear, perhaps.

No

No she was not! It was mentioned in another article that she thought of him as a friend, unrequitted.. Out of respect for the family it needn't be expanded on here. More info can be found online elsewhere.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back