ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if this has already been posted:

Canal official: body could travel from Vista to Kuna

10:04 AM MDT on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

BOISE - An official with the group that oversees the New York Canal said it is plausible that a body which entered the canal near the Vista area could make it to the Kuna-area.

The body of a male juvenile was found in the New York Canal near Kuna at Deer Flat Rd. Monday afternoon. The body is the same "age and size" as Robert Manwill according to police, who was reported missing July 24th in the Vista Ave. area of Boise. The Ada County coroner is working to confirm the identity of the body, and the cause of death.

Police have not indicated if they believe the body floated from one location to another, or how the body got in the water.

"Normally if a body goes in (to the water) in Boise, (police) will want us to put the gates in immediately," Paul Deveau, project manager with the Boise Project said. "We frown on that at least at first. It takes about a week for a body to go that distance. Maybe two."

Deveau said officials have to keep a close eye on the gate when it is deployed, since it gathers so much moss that it must be cleaned every few hours.

He said his office coordinated with police last week.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0409-body_in_canal.a93ee584.html

Welcome Idaho~Native! Thanks for all the valuable insight!

Not doubting you or your brother, but this seems odd to me. If they found massive amounts of blood in the mom's apartment, shouldn't they have been arrested and in jail, instead of putting them up in a motel? Massive amounts says to me someone died there. Unless both the mother and the boyfriend have solid alibis, they would be the #1 suspects, and that kind of evidence would be good enough for an arrest warrant, IMO. Sounds like they have them in protective custody and LE doesn't do that with suspects. With the FBI watching the apt., sounds like they think someone else is involved, rather than the mom and b/f.

If they were testing with luminol they could have gotten a "positve" like we have heard somewhere posted in the past. We've also heard they brought in a U-haul to get something out of the apartment. Could they have pulled up the rug and found massive amounts of blood "Under" the carpet? MJ and BF might have just thought to clean the carpets and not worry about what was underneath. I dunno..JMHO

Or a garbage bag??? Double bagged for strength?? Ugly thought, but certainly not something out of the ordinary anyone would pay attention to.:sick:

that's what I was thinking. :(

Not doubting you or your brother, but this seems odd to me. If they found massive amounts of blood in the mom's apartment, shouldn't they have been arrested and in jail, instead of putting them up in a motel? Massive amounts says to me someone died there. Unless both the mother and the boyfriend have solid alibis, they would be the #1 suspects, and that kind of evidence would be good enough for an arrest warrant, IMO. Sounds like they have them in protective custody and LE doesn't do that with suspects. With the FBI watching the apt., sounds like they think someone else is involved, rather than the mom and b/f.

I think that mom and Bf been threaten, that why they are in protect custody,
I don't think they are at hotel, and do hope they are not together. I don't think that FBI is watching the apt. I think it might be local LE, the only reason I would think they need to watch the apt is so that someone don't mess with any evidences, what person in their right mind would go back to the scene with the media all over this case, and LE around. JMO

Maybe LE found the massive amounts of blood, but let them go to watch them. To see if they lead them to the body, or if maybe they talked to someone else. I bet that motel was bugged ahead of time.

BOISE - An official with the group that oversees the New York Canal said it is plausible that a body which entered the canal near the Vista area could make it to the Kuna-area.

The body of a male juvenile was found in the New York Canal near Kuna at Deer Flat Rd. Monday afternoon. The body is the same "age and size" as Robert Manwill according to police, who was reported missing July 24th in the Vista Ave. area of Boise. The Ada County coroner is working to confirm the identity of the body, and the cause of death.

Police have not indicated if they believe the body floated from one location to another, or how the body got in the water.

"Normally if a body goes in (to the water) in Boise, (police) will want us to put the gates in immediately," Paul Deveau, project manager with the Boise Project said. "We frown on that at least at first. It takes about a week for a body to go that distance. Maybe two."

Deveau said officials have to keep a close eye on the gate when it is deployed, since it gathers so much moss that it must be cleaned every few hours.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0409-body_in_canal.a93ee584.html

Thanks, Mysticrose. I've been wondering how the grates could be kept down without causing overflooding.

My brother-in-law in Ft. Lauderdale lived at the end of a road which deadended on the river. After heavy rains, he cleaned debris/leaves from the gutter grates at the end of road or the entire street would remain flooded.

Here's the JVM video with the Reporter talking about the suburban theft: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2009/08/04/jvm.manwill.latest.cnn

Salem

So according to this video Wallis did report this vehicle stolen. It also states the bloodhounds hit on the stolen surburban as a positive for Robert, and that the body pulled from the canal was close to Wallis's home where the backyard was searched.
To me Wallis in this video is truly concerned, I do not see any hinky while he is talking.
I wish we knew what they found in the apartment. If this auto was taken on July 22nd I would be concerned with premeditation. Do we know if Mom was having to pay child support for Robert ?
I knoe BF dad stated he dropped of money to help pay bills...

The amount of blood would, by itself, only show someone died there.
It would not show who killed them.
And you would need DNA confirmation to identify the victim.
They do not want to arrest someone too early as the charges could end up thrown out, or evidence blocked.
And you certainly can't just arrest them all and sort it out later.

For all we know, a neighbor DID see something and it is being kept under wraps at this time.

That good point, it is hard to beleive that no one hear or seem anything if there that many apts. I not lived in apt for a very long time, but do remember the wall are very thin.

I think that mom and Bf been threaten, that why they are in protect custody,
I don't think they are at hotel, and do hope they are not together. I don't think that FBI is watching the apt. I think it might be local LE, the only reason I would think they need to watch the apt is so that someone don't mess with any evidences, what person in their right mind would go back to the scene with the media all over this case, and LE around. JMO

Well if I was Robert's dad I would have probally threaten to thump some one *advertiser censored** for sure.

Well if I was Robert's dad I would have probally threaten to thump some one *advertiser censored** for sure.

I agree, in fact I think the Hosp.trip might been cause my Dad.
I do wonder how this man ends up with two crazy people in his life.( I don't want to call them ladies or women) because I feel like their animals:mad:

Please tell me that "mom" didn't have custody of the baby whose skull she fractured.....that is pure insanity!!

I found this while looking at Robert's brother's myspace page.

AMBER ALERT !!!!- Looking for 8 year old Robby Manwill in the Boise / Meridian Idaho area. Last seen Friday night around 9:30 walking on 2800 block of Cherry Ln. in Meridian. 4'11" 50lbs with Brown hair and Brown eyes..last seen wearing black jeans and Black shoes and a brown shirt that says " Andy don't need no mic " on the back. If whereabouts known please contact Ada County Sheriffs office.

BBM - Where did the description of the clothing come from? I have only heard about the blue shirt with a faded superman logo.

Also, regarding Wallis, IF he has a solid alibi (out of town) then I find the whole stolen truck situation just too coincidental. IMO he knows who drove his vehicle while he was away. I'm willing to bet that his friend either had his permission to use the vehicle or that Wallis was told after the fact. Truly stolen vehicles don't usually show back up...with the scent of a missing child :(

Therefore the gates were open and the body could have travelled quite a distance. Would the weight of the body affect the speed it would travel at (i.e. lighter objects travelling faster ?)

I found this while looking at Robert's brother's myspace page.

AMBER ALERT !!!!- Looking for 8 year old Robby Manwill in the Boise / Meridian Idaho area. Last seen Friday night around 9:30 walking on 2800 block of Cherry Ln. in Meridian. 4'11" 50lbs with Brown hair and Brown eyes..last seen wearing black jeans and Black shoes and a brown shirt that says " Andy don't need no mic " on the back. If whereabouts known please contact Ada County Sheriffs office.

This must be something old? At first they weren't sure what he was wearing and there were two shirts described. Also their apt. isn't on Cherry Lane in Meridian but Cherry Lane in Boise and I think his height was later changed to 4'2".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa