If Misty were to lead LE to Haleigh....

I don't think LTD prove anything. People who are very guilty have passed them. People who were innocent have failed them miserably.

I think that LE already knows what evidence they have lines up with Misty being the main perpetrator and that is why they asked Misty directly recently to lead them to the body before she was sentenced.

If they needed Misty they would have offered her a plea deal to testify. They offered her nothing because imo they aren't going to offer a deal to the one they feel is involved in Haleigh's disappearance and homicide.

IMO

Yes, true, but Misty CONSISTENTLY LIES. She is not some criminal mastermind who is really telling the truth, yet failing a lie detector test. Shes failing because she knows the truth and is protecting someone. Trained people can see this, Misty was playing the I am so young, what does a kid know card for a bit there. Well, at 17 years old, most "young kids" are taking tests to go to college and maybe even going off to war, so remembering something that happened in your own home should be that hard to answer, and the cops got her right where they want her now.

Misty was easy to manipulate and impress, and Ronald Cummings took advantage of her, and I cant even begin to imagine how his family acted around her, or the fear they instilled in her. Its almost chilling to think about.

Mistys homelife was so horrible, that Ronald Cummings was considered a great catch. Its sad.

jmo

IMO, Misty was asked if she killed Haleigh and disposed of her body during the lie detector tests, and the cops know she didn't kill the little girl, nor did anything with her body, they call her the key not the killer. Shes holding info on Ronald and the cops know it, and want her to confirm it, but she hasn't because she did not understand the severe consequences of these drug charges and thought she would get a slap on the wrist.

She will talk soon, and I bet if she does the cops would probably let her walk out of Prison with immunity to testify against Ronald. jmo

Oh I hope you are right!!!! The LE are controlling the information they are putting out to the public...The LE have a stratagy to get information..and to GIVE OUT information...Altho Misty may be saying the LE will not give her a LDT...they may very well have done so...and keeping it on the zipped lips..

I believe you may have nailed it!!! Good post!!! moo

My theory is Ron abducted HaLeigh Monday night and he kept his plan from Misty so he would never get caught. If Ron included Misty in his plan to steal his daughter, he places himself in a very precarious situation. Therefore to prevent Misty from talking, Ron had to commit the crime by himself.

Yes, they said she is the "key" and she is the key and imo LE have long known 95% of what happened in that house that night and they needed Misty's 5% input to tell them what she did to Haleigh and where she put Haleigh's body. Then the KEY would open up the door where Haleigh could be brought back home to her family and allow justice to be served.

LE still asks her to tell them where Haleigh is and she continues to slam the door shut. She doesn't care one whit about Haleigh. Misty protects Misty because Misty is not that dumb and she knows how much time people get for killing little children and she also knows how they are despised in prison.

I think FBI Agent Smith would disagree with you on Misty's naiveté. He said she was very knowledge. The meek, weak, mild, persona has been a fake one and it has worked for Misty before. Manipulators always claim they are the victims and that is exactly what Misty continued to do yesterday by trying to blame her own illegal wrongdoings on Haleigh being missing.

I am so glad her little act didn't work with Judge Berger but then I imagine she has seen a lot of the Misty types over the years.

IMO

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I vote this best post of the day!

ITA and the Judge was not buying her BS.I really believe she is a psychopath and cares for no one but herself.

My theory is Ron abducted HaLeigh Monday night and he kept his plan from Misty so he would never get caught. If Ron included Misty in his plan to steal his daughter, he places himself in a very precarious situation. Therefore to prevent Misty from talking, Ron had to commit the crime by himself.

Asking with respect why would Ron steal his own daughter? I am not being snarky but I do not see a reason for him to do so.

You have made a good point...

What you are saying....you can apply that in general terms as well...

meaning....Someone could commit a crime/cause death/conceal evidence/...and not share that information with anyone...due to....danger of being exposed for the act....by someone. So ...by NOT including anyone...just yourself... knows the truth...

THEREFORE....in this case....Whoever caused Haleigh to "disappear"...would hold this secret to themself...and if Misty did not see/cause/ Haleigh to "disappear" ...she would not know where Haleigh was....OR...what happened to her....

In your theory...it would be Ron...He would be the ONLY one ...who knows what happened to Haleigh..as he made her "disappear"...by himself..

I see the point you are trying to make here... good point...

You have made a good point...

What you are saying....you can apply that in general terms as well...

meaning....Someone could commit a crime/cause death/conceal evidence/...and not share that information with anyone...due to....danger of being exposed for the act....by someone. So ...by NOT including anyone...just yourself... knows the truth...

THEREFORE....in this case....Whoever caused Haleigh to "disappear"...would hold this secret to themself...and if Misty did not see/cause/ Haleigh to "disappear" ...she would not know where Haleigh was....OR...what happened to her....

In your theory...it would be Ron...He would be the ONLY one ...who knows what happened to Haleigh..as he made her "disappear"...by himself..

I see the point you are trying to make here... good point...

The reason I believe this to be true, is because during the LVA, when asked about Ronalds involvement, she registers, "unsure"

She has her suspicions but no proof.

jmo

The reason I believe this to be true, is because during the LVA, when asked about Ronalds involvement, she registers, "unsure"

She has her suspicions but no proof.

jmo

bolded by me...

Exactly.....She only knows ...what Ron/others have told her...

IMO...Misty was NOT THERE/NOT PRESENT....to KNOW...moo

ETA..I believe the LE knows that...

Yes, true, but Misty CONSISTENTLY LIES. She is not some criminal mastermind who is really telling the truth, yet failing a lie detector test. Shes failing because she knows the truth and is protecting someone. Trained people can see this, Misty was playing the I am so young, what does a kid know card for a bit there. Well, at 17 years old, most "young kids" are taking tests to go to college and maybe even going off to war, so remembering something that happened in your own home should be that hard to answer, and the cops got her right where they want her now.

Misty was easy to manipulate and impress, and Ronald Cummings took advantage of her, and I cant even begin to imagine how his family acted around her, or the fear they instilled in her. Its almost chilling to think about.

Mistys homelife was so horrible, that Ronald Cummings was considered a great catch. Its sad.

jmo

While I respect your perception on Misty, Chablis, I do not see her the same.

I think for a very long time Misty was very street savvy. Even the Judge thought so too. I don't see Misty as some weak minded person. I watched how at ease she was doing her illegal drug deals. THAT was no naive girl, imo. While you see Misty as being easily manipulated I see her knowing how to manipulate. She had been with men older than Ron. One 28 and I believe the other one was 32 iirc. Misty knew the score and I think she used her youthful looks and sweet charm. I don't really fault her for doing that either. She had no parents that cared about her so she knew she had to survive on her own.

Many people, both men and women have grown up similarly to Misty. She is certainly not an anomaly. Yet the fast majority do not turn into drug traffickers nor do most of them get questions asked of them by LE wanting them to lead LE to a sweet precious little five year old's body. That is when any sympathy I could have mustered for Misty goes straight out the window.

I do agree Misty consistently lies and she will continue to lie and deny, deny, deny. I imagine for most of her teen life denying things she had done became routine. I am not shocked that she isn't telling the truth about what happened to Haleigh. I never expected her to do so. Imo, she can't because if she does she knows there wont even be a chance to get out at 43 years old. So she will continue either to tell lies or now that she is going to be sent to prison she will say nothing more.

Trained people? You mean the polygraph examiners? Like I said previously I don't put much stock in polygraph tests. I use to think they really showed truth or deception but after LE told Ruth Lunsford and Steve Greone they had failed theirs then that pretty much ended my beliefs in polygraph results. And knowing Gary Ridgeway passed his with flying colors sure didn't help bolster polygraphs either.

But I do believe she is covering for someone and that is the one person she has always had to take care of and that is herself.

If you believe Chelsea (which I don't about anything she says) then she said that Misty told her they had ruled Ron out very early on. And I do recall LE saying that neither Crystal or Ron were suspects.

I think LE has long ago honed in on RCs whereabouts that day.

It isn't Ron, LE is coming to asking to give up where Haleigh's body is. It is Misty Croslin. To me that shows they not only think she is involved in the homicide but was there when Haleigh's body was discarded.

IMO

While I respect your perception on Misty, Chablis, I do not see her the same.

I think for a very long time Misty was very street savvy. Even the Judge thought so too. I don't see Misty as some weak minded person. I watched how at ease she was doing her illegal drug deals. THAT was no naive girl, imo. While you see Misty as being easily manipulated I see her knowing how to manipulate. She had been with men older than Ron. One 28 and I believe the other one was 32 iirc. Misty knew the score and I think she used her youthful looks and sweet charm. I don't really fault her for doing that either. She had no parents that cared about her so she knew she had to survive on her own.

Many people, both men and women have grown up similarly to Misty. She is certainly not an anomaly. Yet the fast majority do not turn into drug traffickers nor do most of them get questions asked of them by LE wanting them to lead LE to a sweet precious little five year old's body. That is when any sympathy I could have mustered for Misty goes straight out the window.

I do agree Misty consistently lies and she will continue to lie and deny, deny, deny. I imagine for most of her teen life denying things she had done became routine. I am not shocked that she isn't telling the truth about what happened to Haleigh. I never expected her to do so. Imo, she can't because if she does she knows there wont even be a chance to get out at 43 years old. So she will continue either to tell lies or now that she is going to be sent to prison she will say nothing more.

Trained people? You mean the polygraph examiners? Like I said previously I don't put much stock in polygraph tests. I use to think they really showed truth or deception but after LE told Ruth Lunsford and Steve Greone they had failed theirs then that pretty much ended my beliefs in polygraph results. And knowing Gary Ridgeway passed his with flying colors sure didn't help bolster polygraphs either.

But I do believe she is covering for someone and that is the one person she has always had to take care of and that is herself.

If you believe Chelsea (which I don't about anything she says) then she said that Misty told her they had ruled Ron out very early on. And I do recall LE saying that neither Crystal or Ron were suspects.

I think LE has long ago honed in on RCs whereabouts that day.

It isn't Ron, LE is coming to asking to give up where Haleigh's body is. It is Misty Croslin. To me that shows they not only think she is involved in the homicide but was there when Haleigh's body was discarded.

IMO

I dont factor in anything Chelsea Croslin because my theories have been formed very early on in this case before she ever said anything, and If she was at home and does not know about Feb 9, 2009, then anything she says to me never matters, I heard Rons lawyer say Ron can not be ruled out.

I know Ronald Cummings is in prison, and the teen who led a very hard life is lying about Ronalds daughter, and he continued to hang out with her, marry her even, and then still hang out with her after the divorce, which at that time she gets his full name Ronald Cummings Sr, permanently tattooed in a very intimate place. Did Ron just love her so much he didn't care if she possibly killed his daughter? Was he just an unloving father who didn't care? Because he was not working with cops to get the "truth" about his daughter. He cut off meetings with the LE and said, what more can you say than I did not have anything to do with my daughter going missing, well, if hes saying that to them, it really makes me wonder what they were saying to him.

jmo

I feel and have from day one that Misty is responsible either directly or through her neglect and Ron, while a criminal jerk is not involved.

I do not think MIsty can show LE where Haleigh is - she had help in disposing of Haleigh by a thrid party and was not there for the disposal. She was at home with JR, in a panic, trying to figure out what the h*ll she was gonna tell Ron when he got home.

Misty showed deception on Ron's involvement, so if nothing else, that points to her not knowing what exactly happened. Now, maybe she showed deception, because she knew Ron was covering for her, & in her mind that made him involved, but if that was the case, cops would've picked up on it, because Misty would've failed questions about her own involvement. What I want to know, is why was that question about Ron even asked...because by this time, he had already been alibied & 'cleared'. Misty has never been named a suspect, or a person of interest, & LE had their chance in court. She's still the 'key'. whatever the ****, that is. They think she knows where Haleigh's body is, but that could be for several reason. Do they think she killed her & placed her there? Do they think she accompanied the killer? Do they they think she killed her, but somebody else disposed of her? Do they think either the killer or disposer, showed her the site? or do they think she got home to a dead Haleigh, & in a panic, either disposed of her, or called for help, & then accompanied the disposer? LE said very early, that Misty wasn't at that trailer, the whole night. If they thought the reason she was gone, was because she was dumping Haleigh's body, would they have been so flippant about it? I don't think so. But if they did suspect her of that very thing, you need to remember the force in which Ron, & TN, refuted that claim. GGS even came out & said that she had been by, & everything was hunky dorey. So, why would Ron & TN, who couldn't possibly have known, insert themselves here? Why would they be so eager to knock down LE'S claims? Were they all covering for Misty, the murderer? Why the big turnaround from TN? Why did she go from loving this girl to pieces, to calling her a witch that needed to be hung? A light bulb didn't just go off for her. If she suspects or knows Misty's guilty now, then she knew it then. I don't get her, & her hate filled wishes for Misty, just leaved me cold. If she had taken that attitude almost 2 years ago, I would've understood. But not now. Because of the LDT's, her not being named a suspect, & except for the early story of her sleeping through it all, she does NOT claim to have been the last to see Haleigh, I'm thinking cops are assuming that she was shown or told about the site. & that's just a guess, folks, because I have no idea what LE thinks. That agent might've said that, to scare her into snitching.

I have always thought that the LE can say...person/persons are not considered POI or suspects in a case....(AT THAT TIME).....but....as new information is revealed and and more evidence is gathered, and examined...the LE CAN change their minds...and the person/persons would become POI and suspects...even if the LE don't publicize it....moo

The LE can lead the person/persons to believe they are not involved..in any way...UNTIL.......the spotlight is on THEM...

moo

Misty showed deception on Ron's involvement, so if nothing else, that points to her not knowing what exactly happened. Now, maybe she showed deception, because she knew Ron was covering for her, & in her mind that made him involved, but if that was the case, cops would've picked up on it, because Misty would've failed questions about her own involvement. What I want to know, is why was that question about Ron even asked...because by this time, he had already been alibied & 'cleared'. Misty has never been named a suspect, or a person of interest, & LE had their chance in court. She's still the 'key'. whatever the ****, that is. They think she knows where Haleigh's body is, but that could be for several reason. Do they think she killed her & placed her there? Do they think she accompanied the killer? Do they they think she killed her, but somebody else disposed of her? Do they think either the killer or disposer, showed her the site? or do they think she got home to a dead Haleigh, & in a panic, either disposed of her, or called for help, & then accompanied the disposer? LE said very early, that Misty wasn't at that trailer, the whole night. If they thought the reason she was gone, was because she was dumping Haleigh's body, would they have been so flippant about it? I don't think so. But if they did suspect her of that very thing, you need to remember the force in which Ron, & TN, refuted that claim. GGS even came out & said that she had been by, & everything was hunky dorey. So, why would Ron & TN, who couldn't possibly have known, insert themselves here? Why would they be so eager to knock down LE'S claims? Were they all covering for Misty, the murderer? Why the big turnaround from TN? Why did she go from loving this girl to pieces, to calling her a witch that needed to be hung? A light bulb didn't just go off for her. If she suspects or knows Misty's guilty now, then she knew it then. I don't get her, & her hate filled wishes for Misty, just leaved me cold. If she had taken that attitude almost 2 years ago, I would've understood. But not now. Because of the LDT's, her not being named a suspect, & except for the early story of her sleeping through it all, she does NOT claim to have been the last to see Haleigh, I'm thinking cops are assuming that she was shown or told about the site. & that's just a guess, folks, because I have no idea what LE thinks. That agent might've said that, to scare her into snitching.

I agree Dodie...with a lot you have said.....Great thoughts!!!

I myself don't think Misty was there as she was not babysitting that day/afternoon....and has no idea how Haleigh died...

Misty knows IMO...only what she was told by others....

I feel the Cummings would NOT have made Misty part of the disposal...ONLY the cover up/staging of his MH...

The Cummings would not want any of the Croslins to know where Haleigh went/where they took her/where they buried her....Due to them having knowledge that could implicate them.....later..

I also believe that the last person to see Haleigh....WAS NOT MISTY..moo

Misty was callled by TN to come to the MH to make the 911 call..and I believe Haleigh was already taken away when Misty got there...as Misty never did know/could say what Haleigh was wearing....moo

You have some great thoughts and I always enjoy reading your posts..moo

the LDTs mean nothing to me. I Personally have known several people who have passed questions on LDTs who were lying (they had to take them for public service jobs and lied about the drug portions thereof)

Also, the test of people like Misty (uneducated, unsophisticated, street savy sorts who are used to doing whatever is necessary to look out for #1) are often deemed deceptive and their answer come across as "undetermined" on many questions.

So to me all of Misty's (or anyone else involved in this case for that matter) LDT results are not credible to me one way or the other. Just MOO

I don't factor in anything Chelsea Croslin because my theories have been formed very early on in this case before she ever said anything, and If she was at home and does not know about Feb 9, 2009, then anything she says to me never matters, I heard Rons lawyer say Ron can not be ruled out.

I know Ronald Cummings is in prison, and the teen who led a very hard life is lying about Ronalds daughter, and he continued to hang out with her, marry her even, and then still hang out with her after the divorce, which at that time she gets his full name Ronald Cummings Sr, permanently tattooed in a very intimate place. Did Ron just love her so much he didn't care if she possibly killed his daughter? Was he just an unloving father who didn't care? Because he was not working with cops to get the "truth" about his daughter. He cut off meetings with the LE and said, what more can you say than I did not have anything to do with my daughter going missing, well, if hes saying that to them, it really makes me wonder what they were saying to him.

jmo

I don't ever marry myself to one concrete belief especially early on. I try to take into consideration all the information that is known as the case proceeds and my opinions may change as they have about Misty's involvement.

I did at first believe that Misty was there but only saw what happened. I never believed she wasn't there and on that she has consistently placed herself there and if she wasn't there she would have already confessed to that by now, imo. So, imo, she was there and on that she tells some truth among her lies like most criminals do.

I believe that Ron's lawyer said he had been moved to the bottom of the list and that was long ago that he had already been dropped to the bottom. LE has had more than ample time to investigate RCs whereabouts to the hilt and beyond by now and I see nothing that shows me they have him in their sights as a potential suspect but when they are asking Misty Croslin to tell them where Haleigh's body is it is very obvious to me she is right at the top of that list.

Unless we are RC and (I think everyone of us are glad we aren't) we really don't know what Ron's motivations were for marrying Misty and still remaining in contact with her after the divorce. For all we know it may be a 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer' type of thing. We would just be speculating for we just don't know the reason why he made these decisions.

I did read he cut off meetings with LE in August 09 because he was frustrated that they just wanted to ask him the same things over and over and weren't finding his daughter. But I also remember in early September 09 he went in and had a meeting with LE about the cell phone records. So his cutting off meeting with LE seems not to have lasted long.

I can't remember which show it was on where this was said. Maybe Nancy's or Jane's show. I will try to find a link to the transcripts.

I think with him telling them he didn't have anything to do with his daughter's disappearance he was telling them...he wasnt there.....he was at work. He doesn't know what happened to his daughter. I don't think it means they were accusing him. They were probably wanting to know if Misty had let anything slip but I don't think she would ever divulge the truth to Ron and tell him she was the one that harmed Haleigh. I imagine she told him a lot of the lies she has told everyone else and LE.

IMO

I don't ever marry myself to one concrete belief especially early on. I try to take into consideration all the information that is known as the case proceeds and my opinions may change as they have about Misty's involvement.

I did at first believe that Misty was there but only saw what happened. I never believed she wasn't there and on that she has consistently placed herself there and if she wasn't there she would have already confessed to that by now, imo. So, imo, she was there and on that she tells some truth among her lies like most criminals do.

I believe that Ron's lawyer said he had been moved to the bottom of the list and that was long ago that he had already been dropped to the bottom. LE has had more than ample time to investigate RCs whereabouts to the hilt and beyond by now and I see nothing that shows me they have him in their sights as a potential suspect but when they are asking Misty Croslin to tell them where Haleigh's body is it is very obvious to me she is right at the top of that list.

Unless we are RC and (I think everyone of us are glad we aren't) we really don't know what Ron's motivations were for marrying Misty and still remaining in contact with her after the divorce. For all we know it may be a 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer' type of thing. We would just be speculating for we just don't know the reason why he made these decisions.

I did read he cut off meetings with LE in August 09 because he was frustrated that they just wanted to ask him the same things over and over and weren't finding his daughter. But I also remember in early September 09 he went in and had a meeting with LE about the cell phone records. So his cutting off meeting with LE seems not to have lasted long.

I can't remember which show it was on where this was said. Maybe Nancy's or Jane's show. I will try to find a link to the transcripts.

I think with him telling them he didn't have anything to do with his daughter's disappearance he was telling them...he wasnt there.....he was at work. He doesn't know what happened to his daughter. I don't think it means they were accusing him. They were probably wanting to know if Misty had let anything slip but I don't think she would ever divulge the truth to Ron and tell him she was the one that harmed Haleigh. I imagine she told him a lot of the lies she has told everyone else and LE.

IMO

Actually, he didn't cut off interviews in August, he was talking in Aug because his fight with Tommy gained national attention, he had cut off interviews for months prior to August, I think it was 4 months, so starting in April, about 2 months after his daughter went "missing" he cut them off. Its despicable, Haleigh deserved her fathers interest in her disappearance.

jmo

the LDTs mean nothing to me. I Personally have known several people who have passed questions on LDTs who were lying (they had to take them for public service jobs and lied about the drug portions thereof)

Also, the test of people like Misty (uneducated, unsophisticated, street savy sorts who are used to doing whatever is necessary to look out for #1) are often deemed deceptive and there answer come across as "undetermined" on many questions.

So to me all of Misty's (or anyone else involved in this case for that matter) LDT results are not credible to me one way or the other. Just MOO
I would think in a missing child's investigation, LE would get the best testers, money could buy, where as a lot of jobs, probably wouldn't. But, you never know...& when it's said & done, I don't trust the danged things either. especially the LVA test. That guy really built it up, but I just don't see how it could be that accurate. After keeping up with this case, (something I don't think I'll ever commit to again), I've decided that if 1 of my kids ever gets into trouble, I'll insist that she NOT take a LDT. I don't see that they've accomplished anything here, other than to make this mess even messier. Don't forget that Ron proclaimed for all to hear, that Misty passed!

I would think in a missing child's investigation, LE would get the best testers, money could buy, where as a lot of jobs, probably wouldn't. But, you never know...& when it's said & done, I don't trust the danged things either. especially the LVA test. That guy really built it up, but I just don't see how it could be that accurate. After keeping up with this case, (something I don't think I'll ever commit to again), I've decided that if 1 of my kids ever gets into trouble, I'll insist that she NOT take a LDT. I don't see that they've accomplished anything here, other than to make this mess even messier. Don't forget that Ron proclaimed for all to hear, that Misty passed!
I always told my son NEVER take a LTD. I wouldn't take one. There are too many factors that throw them off. Humans and the human body and systems are far too complicated to be analyzed by one simple mechanical test.

Actually, he didn't cut off interviews in August, he was talking in Aug because his fight with Tommy gained national attention, he had cut off interviews for months prior to August, I think it was 4 months, so starting in April, about 2 months after his daughter went "missing" he cut them off. Its despicable, Haleigh deserved her fathers interest in her disappearance.

jmo

Thank you for the correction. When a case lingers as long as this one it is hard for me to remember the dates sometimes.

When did Shoemaker become Ron's lawyer?

Shoemaker said his client’s prison time was shortened after he agreed to testify against ex wife, Misty Croslin, in her drug case (she plead no contest, so he never had to), and help investigators solve the presumed murder of his missing daughter, five year old Haleigh Cummings.

“From the moment I came on board, we’ve been open to speaking with investigators regarding Haleigh’s case,” Shoemaker tells me, “we’ve met with them numerous times. Ronald has talked about the phone calls he made that night, the time lines, his relationship with everyone involved…who he thinks is involved. He’s told them everything they’ve wanted to know.”

http://www.artharris.com/2010/09/24...arris-on-jane-velez-mitchell-nancy-grace-fri/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back