If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, but I'm presuming this was an accident that snowballed out of control, which would mean no one committed murder, aggravated child abuse, or manslaughter.

So who is responsible for disposing of Casey's beautiful, innocent child CAYLEE in the woods?

Had Casey called 911 and reported this "accident", there would not be all these unanswered questions.

She didn't, why???? Because she murdered her own flesh & blood period!!!!!!

OK, I'm not sure how the gas cans are relevant either, but if GA mowed his lawn between 6/23 - 8/1, he must have used gas from the new cans and bought them prior to them being returned on 6/24. I have seen GA's lawn up close (I live in Orlando) and I can say for sure that he could mow his yard 4-5 times on one tank of gas. It is not a big yard. So it's no big deal that he didn't use the original cans between 6/24 - 8/1.

snipped

The cans were stolen on the 23rd according to TL's testimony, and I believe GA stated that in his deposition. So, why would he need to buy new gas cans on the 23rd if he didn't discover them missing until the 24th, and they were returned the same day. The only time he left the house that day, according to his own deposition (and possible testimony, I don't remember if they covered this in trial) was when he met Cindy at the bank. After that, he returned home and Casey walked in shortly after.

There would be no reason for him to buy new gas cans, and I'm sure he used the gas cans in question. I'm just not sure on why he's trying to hide that (besides the fact that it appears the cans were wiped of any fingerprints when you look at the dusting residue).

I disagree, the jury based everything on emotiions and feelings while dismissing all of the evidence, in particular their feelings about George with not one scintilla of evidence.

Their own words proved that. jmho

annalia,
Correct. The jurors ignored the evidence and based their decision on baez's lies.

I agree with the verdict. The evidence was not there to convict. I personally do not know what happened. I was not there and I imagine what ever happened will stay with the people or person involved.

Actually, I disagree that it's not typical for a early 20-something single mother to be out partying. I see it all the time, single mom's go out looking for potential fathers for their children. I'm not saying that it's morally correct, but it is typical.

But, I still don't feel that those few pictures represent how Casey behaved before Caylee's death. If you were to take those pictures into context, then you must include all the pictures with Casey and Caylee. And, I believe the latter outweighs the other.

I think that it is typical for an early 20 something, to be out partying. In fact it is typical for almost all, married, single, parent or not, to go out partying.

But, those few pictures did not represent to the jury how Casey behaved “before” Caylee’s death. Many of those pictures were taken after Caylee’s death. Seldom, if ever do we see pictures of a mother interacting with a child in a negative manner unless caught off guard. The child is usually photographed later in the hospital, black and blue or dead. Even then the perp minds their “manners” and avoids the party scene in an effort to appear slightly tormented at the death of their child.

If the jury took into account that pretty much everyone smiles and plays with their child when photographed, the early photographs wouldn’t be all that relevant, in my opinion.
To give the same weight to those photos is unfair to Caylee when the next set of photos are of her rotting in bags in the woods and her mom’s next set of photos, unaware that anyone would ever judge them (including a jury), are of her loving life…her life.

Having spent years in grief business, I don’t see it as grief on Casey’s part but relief.
This is just one of the reasons that I cannot agree with the not guilty verdict.

annalia,
Correct. The jurors ignored the evidence and based their decision on baez's lies.

Don't you think if the state had proven its case that all the jurors would have voted "guilty"?

BBM

Actually, isn't it a fact that they (the DT) don't have to blame anyone? They don't have to present a case at all because they do not hold the burden of proof.

OK, Tell Baez/Mason to zip it. No need for fantasy stories with George walking around the house with a dead body like a horror movie. It was like Casey put a dent in the Pontiac. Look at what you have done? Are you kidding me. As soon as I heard this that was it. I could not believe one word that came out of that man's mouth.
If your child dies in a swimming pool, you don't grab the body and start walking around the house with it looking to scold somebody. Total complete lie.
And just because you are on the defense it does not give you the right to make up garbage. If I was Ahton I would have been in front of that Judge so fast ready for a mistrial if Baez couldn't back up bs story.

With all due respect, if you can't even truly answer one of the questions, I would have to think it's a not guilty verdict by law. I understand that they don't have to have all the questions answered for them, but if you can't answer a single one of them... what are you suppose to do?

With all due respect, IMO you misinterpret the law. Yes there are a lot of unanswered questions but the when, where, and how questions do not have to be answered to convict beyond a reasonable doubt.

The what and the who questions are the only ones that matter. As we have seen from other posts we disagree with the meaning of the evidence on the trunk, the duct tape, and Casey's behavior. These help answer the what and the who question. We can continue to debate these but I don't see us getting anywhere.

For me the trunk evidence shows beyond any doubt that Caylee's decomposing body was in Casey's trunk. This cannot be reasonably explained except by manslaughter or murder by Casey. Dogs don't lie, they are trained not to make mistakes, and they are not biased in favor of the defense or the prosecution.

BBM

Actually, isn't it a fact that they (the DT) don't have to blame anyone? They don't have to present a case at all because they do not hold the burden of proof.

The DT did not need to prove the theory they presented. But, lacking any evidence to support KC's innocence, they had to present a theory deflecting blame away from KC and on to someone else. (And as they had no evidence, the only place to present it was in the OS.) They picked GA because he was the last to see Caylee alive with KC. They threw in the molestation accusation to make him an unsympathetic, despicable character. They created the GA scapegoat with no evidence whatsoever and yet 12 people fell for it. It's really quite amazing, and sad and tragic too.

That's why when folks go on about the SA's supposed lack of evidence, many of us shake our heads in disbelief.

Do you happen to have any links backing this?

Do a youtube search on it and watch it again.

Responding to the defense's request for more diversity in the Pinellas County jury pool, the judge hastily suggested Wednesday looking next door to the county's homeless shelter, Pinellas Safe Harbor.
http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/191898/8/Casey-Anthony-trial-Judge-considering-homeless-jurors

Nancy Grace: When tot mom`s defense complains again about the jury panel, saying they want more diversity, the trial judge offers to bring in residents of a nearby homeless shelter. And tonight, with us live, the juror thrown off the panel for discussing her part in the search for Caylee with other jurors.
http://caseyanthonycaseupdates.blogspot.com/2011/05/casey-anthony-update-day-three-jury.html

I hope this clears that up.

Don't you think if the case had proven its case that all the jurors would have voted "guilty"?

Nope, not at all! A guilty verdict would've meant a penalty phase! By 10 hours of deliberation compared to 6 weeks of testimony, it's pretty clear they were ready to get home! (Or on a cruise :innocent:)

That still doesn't answer the question... if she used the tape to apply to her daughter's nose/mouth, why would she leave it behind? I would have to think that if anyone was doing that, it's pretty obvious death is in the future, so why would you leave the murder weapon behind? It's duct tape, no one in the house would probably notice it was gone, so why not toss that in the trunk with the dead body?

BBM Probably because she never expected the body to be found.

Remember, the jail house tape of her reaction to "a body" being found in that area was sealed due to it's prejudicial value. No one knew it was Caylee until the DNA was examined and confirmed it was Caylee.

With all due respect, IMO you misinterpret the law. Yes there are a lot of unanswered questions but the when, where, and how questions do not have to be answered to convict beyond a reasonable doubt.

The what and the who questions are the only ones that matter. As we have seen from other posts we disagree with the meaning of the evidence on the trunk, the duct tape, and Casey's behavior. These help answer the what and the who question. We can continue to debate these but I don't see us getting anywhere.

For me the trunk evidence shows beyond any doubt that Caylee's decomposing body was in Casey's trunk. This cannot be reasonably explained except by manslaughter or murder by Casey. Dogs don't lie, they are trained not to make mistakes, and they are not biased in favor of the defense or the prosecution.

Some of the posters on here would have you believe that since they are German Shepards they are biased toward Germans....

So who is responsible for disposing of Casey's beautiful, innocent child CAYLEE in the woods?

Had Casey called 911 and reported this "accident", there would not be all these unanswered questions.

She didn't, why???? Because she murdered her own flesh & blood period!!!!!!

In all honesty, I don't have any idea. It could be each and everyone of them IMO.

The only answer to Casey not calling 911 isn't because she murdered her child, and I have to say not only does the jury agree, there are others here that agree with that. Not reporting doesn't equal murder, IMO.

You realize, I hope, that the defense can ALWAYS find some paid "expert" to refute the prosecution's? This doesn't men that the two sides should cancel each other out on the forensics.

A "grief expert"?! This is where common sense must come into play. Do you know of anyone, or have you ever heard of anyone, who parties, carries on, shops, etc. after their child dies - even if that were in an accident? 100% of mothers don't act that way....unless of course they're happy that their child is gone.

I thought the most relevant thing the grief expert had to say was the last thing she said
she talked about going out to the cemetary on a rainy night with a woman who lost her child, with an umbrella and a blanket because she she didn't want her child to be scared and alone. I thought it was so sad but so ironic that thats how parents who love their child would react as opposed to the exact opposite of how casey behaved, dump my daughter in the woods in garbage bags with other garbage and lie, party, and live la vita bella. Cmon

I think that it is typical for an early 20 something, to be out partying. In fact it is typical for almost all, married, single, parent or not, to go out partying.

But, those few pictures did not represent to the jury how Casey behaved “before” Caylee’s death. Many of those pictures were taken after Caylee’s death. Seldom, if ever do we see pictures of a mother interacting with a child in a negative manner unless caught off guard. The child is usually photographed later in the hospital, black and blue or dead. Even then the perp minds their “manners” and avoids the party scene in an effort to appear slightly tormented at the death of their child.

If the jury took into account that pretty much everyone smiles and plays with their child when photographed, the early photographs wouldn’t be all that relevant, in my opinion.
To give the same weight to those photos is unfair to Caylee when the next set of photos are of her rotting in bags in the woods and her mom’s next set of photos, unaware that anyone would ever judge them (including a jury), are of her loving life…her life.

Having spent years in grief business, I don’t see it as grief on Casey’s part but relief.
This is just one of the reasons that I cannot agree with the not guilty verdict.

This post was in response to a post regarding pictures showing Casey's pictures at the anything but clothes party of her lifestyle and the after pictures of her partying as the result of her wanting to be free of Caylee and finally being able to be free. My post stated that if you were going to consider those pictures as proof, you should include all of the other pictures of Casey/Caylee as proof also. I just feel that is the morally correct thing to do if you're basing your assumptions on pictures. MOO though.

Just out of curiosity, were you a grief counselor?

I thought the most relevant thing the grief expert had to say was the last thing she said
she talked about going out to the cemetary on a rainy night with a woman who lost her child, with an umbrella and a blanket because she she didn't want her child to be scared and alone. I thought it was so sad but so ironic that thats how parents who love their child would react as opposed to the exact opposite of how casey behaved, dump my daughter in the woods in garbage bags with other garbage and lie, party, and live la vita bella. Cmon

Talk about a tear jerker. But everyone wants to make up all the excuses why Casey celebrated her daughter's death. Sickning.....

I hope this clears that up.

No.. it didn't. Watching the actual video I don't think there was a hint of jest in JBP suggestion. It was continuing the reach for bodies imo.

I have to give you credit though, being in the minority opinion on this and coming forward to back yours. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Many of us may not understand or comprehend opposing views.

OK, Tell Baez/Mason to zip it. No need for fantasy stories with George walking around the house with a dead body like a horror movie. It was like Casey put a dent in the Pontiac. Look at what you have done? Are you kidding me. As soon as I heard this that was it. I could not believe one word that came out of that man's mouth.
If your child dies in a swimming pool, you don't grab the body and start walking around the house with it looking to scold somebody. Total complete lie.
And just because you are on the defense it does not give you the right to make up garbage. If I was Ahton I would have been in front of that Judge so fast ready for a mistrial if Baez couldn't back up bs story.

I'm sorry, but I do not recall that in OS. I think you should re-listen to them. JB stated that they went on a search for Caylee, GA went around one side of the house while Casey was at the other. She met up with GA and he was holding Caylee's lifeless body by the pool. Casey ran up to him and grabbed Caylee, sobbing. That's when GA started yelling. There was no talk of him walking around the Anthony home with Caylee looking for Casey to yell at. None at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce shark