If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he's on fire, the more stuff he throws out there, the longer the show goes on, and the more exposure he gets, That's the name of the game, isn't it, sensationalism, face time, ratings. I just let 'em rave, elsewhere, my TV is turned off.

Yeah, because I was shocked to hear he was a prosecutor and he was so baffled by what happened. This whole thing was reported with emotion. jmo

Other than GA's statement that he heard crackling, was there ever evidence entered that suggested 100's to 1000's of maggots were present? :sick:

BTW deviled, if your ears/fingers were burning...it's cause I mentioned you on another thread in reference to the fact that you have had doubts and expressed them here for a long, long time now...you are not in the category of those that jumped on board late and tackled the rest of us as if we know nothing except the good word of NancyG. As much as we disagree, I appreciate that about your participation here.

It's funny you mentioned ears burning, LOL, I took my granddaughter swimming yesterday and spent way too much time in the sun, my ears are sunburnt so bad, they will be peeling in the next day or two :)

Yes, I have been posting from the minority POV for a long time. There are many wonderful posters on this site (and although you and I are most often on opposite sides, I put you in the wonderful poster category), and that is why I have continued to post here. This site is awesome.

Someone asked if any pro verdict people would have considered a lesser charge for KC. Well, I believe Caylee accidently drown in the pool. I think KC was either on the phone or the computer when this happened. I think KC took her to the wooded area and laid her there to rest on her blanket. I do not think she duct taped her mouth or used chloroform on her, and I believe she was in a state of denial when she laid Caylee down in the woods. So if her negligence caused Caylee's death, then I could have voted guilty on a charge of culpable negligence ( I don't know if this was an option for these jurors).

As for her punishment for culpable negligence, whatever the usual sentence is for that charge, I would be fine with that.

When felons already in prison get into trouble at prison, one of the punishments they can and do get is solitary confinement. The punishment is you are stuck in a prison cell 23 hours a day, with no contact with others. Depending on what you did to get into trouble at the prison determines the length of your stay in solitary. Many prisoners behave very well after even one trip to solitary for a couple of days. It is a severe punishment. You have heard the expression stir crazy. The longest they would normally put someone in solitary is for 10 days and that is unusual to keep them that long. Yes, there are extreme rare cases where they give them a month, and extremely rare cases where it is longer than a month. KC has been in solitary for 3 years.

KC has basically served 3 years in solitary confinement. 3 years of being in a tiny 6 by 8 cell, with little interaction with the guards. 3 years of living alone with her thoughts. This solitary confinement is used to break felons of bad behavior, and usually takes only a few days, she spent 3 years in solitary. Even though she was acquitted of the first 3 counts, and convicted of the last 4, she really has paid a very heavy price for lying to the police.

In my opinion, I think she has already paid for her negligence.

So as for the question asked if any pro verdict people would have considered a lesser charge, I pose that same question to the people that think the verdict was wrong. In the spirit of deliberations, what would be the least charge you would consider?

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

:coffeews:

Looks like the debate remained constructive during the night. :highfive: Good job, peeps!

I'm seeing some interesting posts from both sides of the topic. :eye::eye:

Ah but you see it would have been common sense to have assumed if your trunk smelled, you would open it to see where it was coming from, and remove the offending item. There's your problem....

Oh oh :doh: - silly me! That's exactly what CFCA did!

I agree with your post! What does the C in CFCA stand for?

I'm pretty sure she specifically said the are that LE dug up.
At around 8 minutes in this video she talks about not being able to grow grass in the backyard since 2008
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jpVz69jcGo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]‪Casey Anthony: Murder Trial Day 16 - 5/28/11 Part 5 (Cindy Anthony)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Well first of all she was in solitary for own protection.

Anyway sorry but the drowning theory just does not float especially with the partying afterwards and NOT reporting it for 31 days. Where is the remorse?
Why lie about the accident and blame others. I know you may not like hearing this but she is what she is. A cold blooded evil killer who away with murder.

It's funny you mentioned ears burning, LOL, I took my granddaughter swimming yesterday and spent way too much time in the sun, my ears are sunburnt so bad, they will be peeling in the next day or two :)

Yes, I have been posting from the minority POV for a long time. There are many wonderful posters on this site (and although you and I are most often on opposite sides, I put you in the wonderful poster category), and that is why I have continued to post here. This site is awesome.

Someone asked if any pro verdict people would have considered a lesser charge for KC. Well, I believe Caylee accidently drown in the pool. I think KC was either on the phone or the computer when this happened. I think KC took her to the wooded area and laid her there to rest on her blanket. I do not think she duct taped her mouth or used chloroform on her, and I believe she was in a state of denial when she laid Caylee down in the woods. So if her negligence caused Caylee's death, then I could have voted guilty on a charge of culpable negligence ( I don't know if this was an option for these jurors).

As for her punishment for culpable negligence, whatever the usual sentence is for that charge, I would be fine with that.

When felons already in prison get into trouble at prison, one of the punishments they can and do get is solitary confinement. The punishment is you are stuck in a prison cell 23 hours a day, with no contact with others. Depending on what you did to get into trouble at the prison determines the length of your stay in solitary. Many prisoners behave very well after even one trip to solitary for a couple of days. It is a severe punishment. You have heard the expression stir crazy. The longest they would normally put someone in solitary is for 10 days and that is unusual to keep them that long. Yes, there are extreme rare cases where they give them a month, and extremely rare cases where it is longer than a month. KC has been in solitary for 3 years.

KC has basically served 3 years in solitary confinement. 3 years of being in a tiny 6 by 8 cell, with little interaction with the guards. 3 years of living alone with her thoughts. This solitary confinement is used to break felons of bad behavior, and usually takes only a few days, she spent 3 years in solitary. Even though she was acquitted of the first 3 counts, and convicted of the last 4, she really has paid a very heavy price for lying to the police.

So as for the question asked if any pro verdict people would have considered a lesser charge, I pose that same question to the people that think the verdict was wrong. In the spirit of deliberations, what would be the least charge you would consider?

Well first of all she was in solitary for own protection.

Anyway sorry but the drowning theory just does not float especially with the partying afterwards and NOT reporting it for 31 days. Where is the remorse?
Why lie about the accident and blame others. I know you may not like hearing this but she is what she is. A cold blooded evil killer who away with murder.

For protection or not, solitary is still solitary.

IMO, I think that this accident could have happened and her way of coping with the tragedy was to completely disassociate herself from it. She compartmentalized it in her brain and just closed the door, IMO. People under stress compartmentalize all the time in order to get through their day to day life. Granted, most don't compartmentalize this much, but I don't feel that it's not possible to do.

The reason I believe this is because of the outlandish lies she was telling to her friends/mother about what they were doing or where Caylee was. She wasn't just coming up with a quick lie, she made their lives better in her lies. "My nanny has Caylee at Bush Gardens", "Me, Jeff, Caylee, and Zach are staying in a suite at Hard Rock hotel". IMO, this speaks loudly of someone who's not in touch with reality at all.

:twocents:

No ugly names, I just TOTALLY disagree with everything said here!! Casey has not paid for the crimes she committed! I believe the cruelty of child neglect which ended in death , even if heaven forbid it was an accident with covering up with lies and costing the taxpayers soooooo much and investigators who worked their tails off bears sooooo much more punishment!!!!

:rocker: Yep and remember this, the night after she killed her child, she went to blockbuster, walked arm and arm with her bf and went back to his house to watch a movie. She also slept there that night.
She had no conscience....still doesn't.

Yes and the movies she rented only points to her further.

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. –Â*June 16 is the date Caylee Anthony likely died. Eyewitness News retraced Casey Anthony’s steps on that fateful day and talked to the man who saw Casey just hours after Caylee’s death.
“No emotion, no tears and no regrets,” is how Casey was described on that day of death, when she rented a movie about a kidnapper and killer just hours after, detectives believe, she murdered her daughter.
Never before seen surveillance photos show accused killer Casey Anthony and her boyfriend walking into an east Orange County BlockbusterÂ*just before 8:00pm on Monday June 16, just hours after her daughter Caylee was last seen alive by Casey’s father at home.
The new photos show Casey without Caylee, arm in arm with her boyfriend, after they chose two movies to rent. One rented was “Untraceable,” about a kidnapper and killer. The other was “Jumper,” about a mother who abandons her 5-year-old child, who then can teleport himself.

Originally Posted by Caligram
My head has been whirling as I read each post on this thread to see if I might have missed some valid points made by those who agree with the jury.
I guess I am just too old and stubborn (I'm 74) to change my ideas about right and wrong. The word "law" used to lead to the word "legal" to me. In a court of law with a judge and jury, people were supposed to tell the truth, not be able to make obscene accusations and get away with it. I guess that is why I am so very outraged with this jury verdict.
JB made some outrageous and despicable excuses for what he stated really happened to Caylee Marie, and he wasn't required to substantiate any of it. He wove a disjointed and evil tale, painting GA as a molester and FCA as a silent victim. He deliberately shifted the focus of this trial from FCA to GA. Of course GA looked shamed, hung his head. Wouldn't you, if you had done those things JB spoke of. But JB got away with making those accusations in his opening statement.
I am angry that after three years this is the defense from the DT. It was dirty with sexual molestation in graphic detail, which shocked most of the courtroom. This was unproven, but it caught the bored jury's attention it stuck better than thinking about that darn duct tape which had been wrapped around Caylee Marie’s nose and mouth. And, how did that DT doc that broke little Caylee Marie’s skull when he sawed it apart explain the duct tape? Do people really believe that someone took Caylee Marie’s skull from where it was dumped and reattached the mandible. What about all that plant growth that had grown through Caylee Marie’s skull, was embedded in her hair, her blanket and the bags she had been dumped in. The Forensic Botanist that the DT brought on board was clearly not capable of expert testimony in this case. Did you catch that part where she said in her deposition that she had only seen plant growth growing through bone when she was young, and that was from some chicken bones she saw in her mother’s garden. Chicken bones. Did the jury pay any attention to these depositions from the so-called defense experts. They never read them. They only heard what the DT wanted these experts to say.
Like they say, you can't un-ring the bell. JB threw out this crap, knew this, it was his only chance, and he dared to go ahead with it. Why this isn't illegal is beyond my comprehension. He didn’t have to even back up any of those accusations. How can that be allowed. This trial became a trial by perjury, not a trial by jury. Caylee Marie deserved justice, and this was a farce. It proved that you really can get away with murder, and make money from it too.
IMO (Sorry for my lack of writing skills. I am aware of it, can’t think in paragraphs and my OCD just won’t let go of this ugly event.)

I so agree with this post!!!!! I' m 68 and I think LYING in court whether a witness or a lawyer should be VERY punishable!! Where is the respect for truth????

Ugh. Sustained...yikes. :)

I've smelled human decomp. I've posted downstairs when it was that I did, I don't want to post on open forum because it's personal.

It's a distinct smell. And when you first smell it if you smell it before you know what is causing the odor all you really know is it smells different from anything else you've smelled before and once you make the connection as to what that odor is and where it is coming from you never forget it. Ever.

There is only one thing that can bring back that memory to me through scent but it's not the same yet has a similarity so to speak. So that when I smell it---I panic for a split second and cringe---then I realize it's not what I think I'm smelling although it is kind of similar.

Rotten potatoes. When they go bad say like in a closed space. Pantry, cabinet. When they are so rotten they have started to liquify. If human decomp is a 10---then rotten potatoes (a whole bag) are a 4.5. Just a way to explain it to those that haven't smelled human decomp. I don't think it's the taters that stink it's probably some bacteria brewing in the bag with them that does. JMHO

Thank you for your post. As fate would have it, I smelled it for the first time on June 5, just days after the tow yard fellow's testimony. My uncle had died outside, walking groceries from the car to his house. He lives in a remote area and died on or about May 31. His body was not discovered until June 4. When we went down the next day, we picked up his keys from the funeral home. I thought it odd that they had put them in a little zippered pouch. But when I took them out, I realized why. They, the keys which he'd worn on his belt, reeked. And the strange thing was everyone's reaction. No one said a word. (I'm not sure if they didn't smell it or didn't want to mention it.) I just sat there staring at the keys for what seemed like hours but was probably seconds and then put them back in the pouch and zipped them up. But it was too late. The smell remained, growing fainter but still noticeable, not sure if it was just my mind reacting to the odor or if it really does linger that long. And, as others have mentioned, you can't get it off of you. The first thing I did when I got home was jump in the shower.

For people who have not smelled decamp, I don't think they would understand or know what they are smelling without a body present to connect it to. I can completely understand why some witnesses smelled it and others did not. For one thing, some folks olfactory senses are better than others. I also understand the way the brain turns off upon smelling it. So it doesn't surprise me that, without a body, no one called 911. The fact that the cadaver dogs hit on it is the strongest evidence IMO because dogs have a better sense of smell than humans and they have no bias. They don't know the Anthony family, they just know to pick up a certain scent. And that's what they did.

IMO, I think that this accident could have happened and her way of coping with the tragedy was to completely disassociate herself from it. She compartmentalized it in her brain and just closed the door, IMO. People under stress compartmentalize all the time in order to get through their day to day life. Granted, most don't compartmentalize this much, but I don't feel that it's not possible to do.

The reason I believe this is because of the outlandish lies she was telling to her friends/mother about what they were doing or where Caylee was. She wasn't just coming up with a quick lie, she made their lives better in her lies. "My nanny has Caylee at Bush Gardens", "Me, Jeff, Caylee, and Zach are staying in a suite at Hard Rock hotel". IMO, this speaks loudly of someone who's not in touch with reality at all.

If she is SO sick, she should be put in a mental recovery program institution forever!!! Lying is so not a sickness, it's a choice!!

I would be willing to make that leap if the lies had only begun after Caylee's death, but KC had been lying for years. Everyone thought she worked at Universal because of how much she talked about the job and even the people she worked with. She lied about having a nanny for years as well. She lied about so many things to so many people that it had to be a full time job keeping up with it all! She behaved no different after losing her kid than she did after losing her job, and that, is a scary person to have walking around free, IMO.

My bolding

To me it speaks loudly of someone trying to cover their tracks and buy time. She had already been stealing and lying, it didn't just start after Caylee's death.

Thank you for your post. As fate would have it, I smelled it for the first time on June 5, just days after the tow yard fellow's testimony. My uncle had died outside, walking groceries from the car to his house. He lives in a remote area and died on or about May 31. His body was not discovered until June 4. When we went down the next day, we picked up his keys from the funeral home. I thought it odd that they had put them in a little zippered pouch. But when I took them out, I realized why. They, the keys which he'd worn on his belt, reeked. And the strange thing was everyone's reaction. No one said a word. (I'm not sure if they didn't smell it or didn't want to mention it.) I just sat there staring at the keys for what seemed like hours but was probably seconds and then put them back in the pouch and zipped them up. But it was too late. The smell remained, growing fainter but still noticeable, not sure if it was just my mind reacting to the odor or if it really does linger that long. And, as others have mentioned, you can't get it off of you. The first thing I did when I got home was jump in the shower.

For people who have not smelled decamp, I don't think they would understand or know what they are smelling without a body present to connect it to. I can completely understand why some witnesses smelled it and others did not. For one thing, some folks olfactory senses are better than others. I also understand the way the brain turns off upon smelling it. So it doesn't surprise me that, without a body, no one called 911. The fact that the cadaver dogs hit on it is the strongest evidence IMO because dogs have a better sense of smell than humans and they have no bias. They don't know the Anthony family, they just know to pick up a certain scent. And that's what they did.

I have never smelled it but listening to those like yourself and those who testified who have smelled it, 100% say the same thing, that it is unmistakable and could never be confused with rotting garbage. I will take their word on that.

I believe she is guilty of 1st degree murder. As per the jury instructions below by your scenario of culpable negligence (leading to death), being in the phone or the computer and not watching Caylee, followed by failing to call 911 is IMO reckless disregard for human life. Thus, Casey would be guilty of aggravated manslaughter of a child.

I would have accepted a verdict of aggravated manslaughter of a child to avoid a hung jury.

AGGRAVATED MANSLAUGHTER OF A CHILD

§ 782.07, Fla. Stat.

To prove the crime of Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child, the State must prove the following two elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. Caylee Marie Anthony is dead.

2. Casey Marie Anthony’s act(s) caused the death of Caylee Marie Anthony.

Or

The death of Caylee Marie Anthony was caused by the culpable negligence of Casey Marie Anthony.

I will now define "culpable negligence" for you. Each of us has a duty to act reasonably toward others. If there is a violation of that duty, without any conscious intention to harm, that violation is negligence. But culpable negligence is more than a failure to use ordinary care toward others. In order for negligence to be culpable, it must be gross and flagrant. Culpable negligence is a course of conduct showing reckless disregard of human life, or of the safety of persons exposed to its dangerous effects, or such an entire want of care as to raise a presumption of a conscious indifference to consequences, or which shows wantonness or recklessness, or a grossly careless disregard of the safety and welfare of the public, or such an indifference to the rights of others as is equivalent to an intentional violation of such rights. The negligent act or omission must have been committed with an utter disregard for the safety of others. Culpable negligence is consciously doing an act or following a course of conduct that the defendant must have known, or reasonably should have known, was likely to cause death or great bodily injury.

If you find the defendant guilty of Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child, you must then determine whether the State has further proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Caylee Marie Anthony was a child whose death was caused by the neglect of Casey Marie Anthony, a caregiver. “Child” means any person under the age of 18 years.

“Caregiver” means a parent, adult household member, or other person responsible for a child’s welfare.

“Neglect of a child” means:

1. A caregiver’s failure or omission to provide a child with the care, supervision, and services necessary to maintain a child’s physical and mental health, including, but not limited to, food, nutrition, clothing, shelter, supervision, medicine, and medical services that a prudent person would consider essential for the well-being of the child. Repeated conduct or a single incident or omission by a caregiver that results in, or could reasonably be expected to result in, a substantial risk of death of a child may be considered in determining neglect.

She lied to "prevent" herself from going to jail.
It's as simple as that.
<modsnip>. So to cope with the
"tragedy" she lies about everything and throws her
OWN father under the bus instead of telling the TRUTH
and implicates EVERYONE but herself and takes NO RESPONSIBILTY
for what happened. Oh and by the way she waits 3 years in jail before she decides to tell her so called real story in court. Do I need to go on?
Like I said it makes no sense and sounds more like a murderer covering up her CRIME.

I also believe that her lies trying to make their lives better was to keep G & C
away. They were all very calculated lies to make it look like Caylee was being well cared for, otherwise she knew that G&C would be after her in a heartbeat. She certainly wasn't going to make it look like she was in trouble.

First thing: (IMO) I think the jury got it wrong, though I am not too surprised. With 6 weeks of testimony, I had a feeling that the jury could get lost in the data. That being said, I expected them to spend a little more time trying to put the pieces together before writing it off as reasonable doubt.

Last Monday Vinnie Politan had an excellent show analyzing "how did the jury come to conclude a NG verdict". I wish I could find the show online because he made a lot of good points. (He also believes NG verdict is wrong, I think, but was trying to figure out what happened in that jury room). I would love to see VP have the jurors on his show - he would probably ask those hard questions the other reporters seem to avoid. (as long as the jurors don't get paid, of course)

There is a blog article that discusses a lot of the same about the jury's verdict:http://caseyanthonyjurors.weebly.com/index.html. Don't know if it has been posted before, I often get lost in the plethora of posts. :panic:

I would like to see a pane of TH's take on the whole jury. I honestly think the jury thought DP was the only punishment offered. I want them to state what they thought and have the TH's clarify the actual evidence and see if they still agree with their verdict. They wouldn't have to show all their faces, but let us here their arguments and beliefs on each peice of evidence. It would help us understand why came to their verdict and possibly have them change their minds. They need to let us know if one or more persons misinterpreted the information and caused confusion in the deliberations.

I think she is guilty as sin. I think if it were an accident and she was told not to call 911 she would have spilled her guts the first time she was arrested.

Most respectfully, there is NO evidence that Casey was not in touch with reality, certainly not in the trial, and not even outside of the trial evidence.

1. No evidence of this was presented in the case. On the contrary the defense admitted that Casey was a liar, which is something quite different.
2. There is a pattern and internal logic to her lies- to get her out of a jam, and to provide plausible excuses.
3. If she were not in touch with reality, this would be an insanity defense. If psychologists who examined Casey had found evidence of insanity, don't you think they would have used it as part of the defense?

Yes, Casey compartmentalized, but that is not at all the same as not being in touch with reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley