IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #5 Smollett indicted”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting story carried on the news tonight. A case similar to JS's - filing a false police report.
Kim Foxx's office treated this case quite differently. Double Standard?
Oh, and there is no request to seal this case.

“Ms. Clark is not a movie star, she doesn’t have a high-priced lawyer,” said Judge Martin. “And this smells big time. Your office created this mess. There’s no publicity on this case. Press gets ahold of this; it’ll be the newspaper."

A spokesperson for Kim Foxx says because the case is ongoing, they have no comment.

“I’m not Jussie Smollett,” said Clark. “I wish I was, but it’s OK. I’ll get my justice.”

Clark, who has no previous criminal history, is due back in front of Judge Martin Thursday."

Judge accuses Kim Foxx's office of double standard after Jussie Smollett case

LOL, I ❤️❤️❤️ this judge. This is the case that keeps on giving:D:D:D

The not-even-barely veiled snark; I love it!

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/17/kim-...ve-authority-to-drop-smollett-charges-emails/

A legitimate recusal to avoid this conflict of interest would’ve required Foxx’s entire office to remove themselves from the case and they would’ve needed to appoint a special prosecutor.

Instead, Foxx kept it with her office and continued to meddle in the case until the charges were dropped against Smollett on March 26, other internal correspondence showed.

On March 27, the agency said in a statement Foxx had only “colloquially” recused herself and was not “formally recused” in a legal sense, although it’s not immediately clear how a state attorney can discuss recusals in a colloquial sense.

On April 12 following a wave of backlash over her handling of the case, Foxx asked Cook County’s inspector general to investigate her office’s handling of the case.

“The Office of the Independent Inspector General is investigating the handling of the recusal, and the ultimate disposition of the case,” a spokesperson told The Post.

“We look forward to the findings.”

Also, I'm sort of agog wondering how many times this has happened in Chicago in the recent past that we don't know about, "redefining the concept of recusal'; because they seem awfully laid-back chatting about it.

Interesting news this morning. Jussie says once ALL the info comes out he will hopefully be vindicated.
Jussie Smollett hopes to clear his name in the court of public opinion

His brother asks, "What if he is telling the truth?"
Jussie Smollett's Brother Speaks Out in Defense of Actor: 'What If He Is Telling the Truth?'

Is this just a lot of PR vapor?

RBBM: Of course. The first one is no different from any of the rash random promises ever made to distract, a la OJ "I'll never rest until I find the real killers!"... *crickets*; and the brother's defense is just pathetic and adds nothing to the equation, because, really... "what if he didn't do it?" What kind of a defense or novel argument is that? Who stands accused of a crime who doesn't say that along the way (we've got plenty of recent exemplars in the news, including a certain newly appointed Supreme Court justice)?

She says that Foxx's handling of the case was 'plagued with irregularity'.

O'Brien requested that Foxx, Magats, and Smollett produce the original documents used in Smollett's criminal case to 'assure' the public 'that they have not been altered or destroyed and will not be destroyed throughout this case', according to court documents as per the Chicago Sun-Times.

'Foxx’s conflict in this matter is beyond dispute,' O'Brien wrote in the court documents, saying Foxx should have sought the appointment of a special prosecutor.

Chicago prosecutor Kim Foxx is subpoenaed for hearing on how she handled Jussie Smollett case | Daily Mail Online

It's unbelieveable that Smollet continues to play victim, but really at this point, he won with the help of the oh-so-unethical Ms. Foxx, so why would he capitulate? Plus, his arrogance and victimhood seems to know no bounds, so even if he was found guilty he would never in a million years admit it even though everyone with a half, no a quarter of a microbrain knows this is a big load of hoax BS. His bluffing is on the level with Casey Anthony's when she was leading detectives to her non-existent office at her non-existent job at Universal (which at least, does exist).

As for Foxx, she's pretty much committed political suicide, even if there aren't immediate consequences for her.

Every time I see Smollet's Smug Mug, it just makes me beyond livid. And I honestly was a fan of Empire, and of his singing at least. Now...blech!

'Empire' Renewed for Season 6 But Jussie Smollett is Out

"By mutual agreement, the studio has negotiated an extension to Jussie Smollett's option for season 6, but at this time there are no plans for the character of Jamal to return to 'Empire.'"

Yep ... sounds weird, that Fox wants to keep Jussie hanging just in case, but that's the deal. It could be ... Fox is hedging its bets, to see what happens in the civil case

"By mutual agreement, the studio has negotiated an extension to Jussie Smollett's option for season 6, but at this time there are no plans for the character of Jamal to return to 'Empire.'"

Yep ... sounds weird, that Fox wants to keep Jussie hanging just in case, but that's the deal. It could be ... Fox is hedging its bets, to see what happens in the civil case
Fox renews ‘Empire’ for season 6, without Jussie Smollett - theGrio

"According to Star magazine, the 36-year-old actor reportedly begged Fox executives not to terminate his contract."

LOL

I would have preferred to actually have them have some ethics and emphatically say "Smollett has been terminated.".

And whatever happened to the "White Powder Letter" that everyone has decided to just ignore?

CFTO news was reporting that Empire has been extended for another season but that the character played by Smollett is not being returned, nor are there any plans to return the character.

Perhaps by keeping his contract 'current' it prevents him from suing Fox??

He is basically unemployed as I understand it. Unless he's paid even if not working?

Wonder, if he will still get a pay check? Extension sounds like they renewed his contact.

She says that Foxx's handling of the case was 'plagued with irregularity'.

O'Brien requested that Foxx, Magats, and Smollett produce the original documents used in Smollett's criminal case to 'assure' the public 'that they have not been altered or destroyed and will not be destroyed throughout this case', according to court documents as per the Chicago Sun-Times.

'Foxx’s conflict in this matter is beyond dispute,' O'Brien wrote in the court documents, saying Foxx should have sought the appointment of a special prosecutor.

Chicago prosecutor Kim Foxx is subpoenaed for hearing on how she handled Jussie Smollett case | Daily Mail Online

I've not seen a date for the appearance. Does any one have that or is it a secret, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member