Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the charge is a charge to a person under the age of 13 or a person with a permanent disability. But.... a charge for an offense (possibly self-reported/confessed) on the 3/4/19 means that the last month of this kid's life was probably excruciatingly painful and brutal.
Murdered boy's mom was former foster parent

In this timeline nothing noted in March.

Grandma got custody in 2012 0r early 2013 (I think). She fought for custody of him from her daughter.

That coincides with the complaint regarding her foster child.

Attachments

• 68B114EF-F473-43F3-A058-CD5DAF04A045.png
    68B114EF-F473-43F3-A058-CD5DAF04A045.png
    424.9 KB · Views: 23
I have not seen the police report for this date. But I heard through the grapevine/neighbors that JC beat AJ very badly in March this year. I mean almost to death is what I heard.

I can’t find LE report for March.

When a five year old child says that maybe I got hit with a belt, and maybe mommy didn't mean to hurt me, how can child advocates ignore his crucial statements, and make assessments on how frigging clean and well dressed he is? Let alone ignore all the previous history? This is worse than I even imagined. Poor AJ never stood a chance of being rescued like so many victims before him.

That coincides with the complaint regarding her foster child.
Also, AJ was placed as a foster child in the home of a cousin. It may be that the foster child in JC's care was family, which got grandma to really go all in to get custody away from JC.

When a five year old child says that maybe I got hit with a belt, and maybe mommy didn't mean to hurt me, how can child advocates ignore his crucial statements, and make assessments on how frigging clean and well dressed he is? Let alone ignore all the previous history? This is worse than I even imagined. Poor AJ never stood a chance of being rescued like so many victims before him.

While I don't disagree with anything you wrote. It is not illegal to hit a child with a belt in most states, especially if a mark is left below the child's waste. Yesterday, I posted a law firm's site link that stated how to discuss the discipline rights and control used in punishing with a belt to distinguish between battery and disciplining your child. A tough conundrum because we give the parent the right to discipline as they see fit.

Also, AJ was placed as a foster child in the home of a cousin. It may be that the foster child in JC's care was family, which got grandma to really go all in to get custody away from JC.
But she does have an 18 yo?

On Charge #10, does anyone know in laymen’s terms what this means? Note that the offense date is March 4, 2019. Tia

There was never a police report or ER visit for 3/4/19. Somehow neighbors know that JC beat AJ badly on that date. I guess I just don’t want to believe that he suffered even more....

There was never a police report or ER visit for 3/4/19. Somehow neighbors know that JC beat AJ badly on that date. I guess I just don’t want to believe that he suffered even more....

Has to be some type of report since she’s charged (thankfully). If she assaulted a perrm’ disabled child, was it AJ? Was he considered disabled?

While I don't disagree with anything you wrote. It is not illegal to hit a child with a belt in most states, especially if a mark is left below the child's waste. Yesterday, I posted a law firm's site link that stated how to discuss the discipline rights and control used in punishing with a belt to distinguish between battery and disciplining your child. A tough conundrum because we give the parent the right to discipline as they see fit.

Yes, thank you kaen for your research. But I read that both the case worker and supervisor were removed from casework, specifically because they ignored those AJ' statements.

On Charge #10, does anyone know in laymen’s terms what this means? Note that the offense date is March 4, 2019. Tia

I was wrong count 8 and 10 are different. Count 8 is a (B)(1) and count 10 is a (B)(2).
This is an update b/c I went and read the statute at Illinois General Assembly - Illinois Compiled Statutes
(720 ILCS 5/12-3.05) (was 720 ILCS 5/12-4)
Sec. 12-3.05. Aggravated battery. (then read down for sections b and 1)
(b) Offense based on injury to a child or person with an intellectual disability. A person who is at least 18 years of age commits aggravated battery when, in committing a battery, he or she knowingly and without legal justification by any means:
(1) causes great bodily harm or permanent disability or disfigurement to any child under the age of 13 years, or to any person with a severe or profound intellectual disability; or
(2) causes bodily harm or disability or disfigurement to any child under the age of 13 years or to any person with a severe or profound intellectual disability.

The difference appears to be that the (1) is permanent disability where the (2) is not.

Clearly, something happened. Neighbors may have been interviewed and mentioned a beating they witnessed, heard or something. The murderers probably admitted to a beating that day. (It is interesting that JC and younger son were at the pool a little after that time. I wonder if they thought DCFS would be coming and were making it so they weren't home for a visit.)

I was wrong count 8 and 10 are different. Count 8 is a (B)(1) and count 10 is a (B)(2).
This is an update b/c I went and read the statute at Illinois General Assembly - Illinois Compiled Statutes
(720 ILCS 5/12-3.05) (was 720 ILCS 5/12-4)
Sec. 12-3.05. Aggravated battery. (then read down for sections b and 1)
(b) Offense based on injury to a child or person with an intellectual disability. A person who is at least 18 years of age commits aggravated battery when, in committing a battery, he or she knowingly and without legal justification by any means:
(1) causes great bodily harm or permanent disability or disfigurement to any child under the age of 13 years, or to any person with a severe or profound intellectual disability; or
(2) causes bodily harm or disability or disfigurement to any child under the age of 13 years or to any person with a severe or profound intellectual disability.

The difference appears to be that the (1) is permanent disability where the (2) is not.

So AJ was previously diagnosed as disabled, meaning she was drawing a SSI check for him?
Did the battery occur 03/04 or is that the date she was Charged?
Tysm

Yes, thank you kaen for your research. But I read that both the case worker and supervisor were removed from casework, specifically because they ignored those AJ' statements.
Could be absolutely true. I have to say that I have called in reports about parents who used the back side of a hair brush, belt, and wooden spoon. In each case, the investigative result was "unsubstantiated" and when I inquired I was told that there is no law -----just seems ridiculous to me. There is no reason to use anything beside a open hand (if you wish to spank) below the waist and not leave marks or bruises. That would have made abuse crystal clear in this case. This is just heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix