Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could barely ready that story, the details of what was done to AJ made my skin hurt and tingle, and my stomach roll.

I have a question I hesitate to pose, but here it goes. How a person can abuse their own child is mysterious enough. But to video the results of said injuries is beyond my comprehension. Why?
IMO, her making a video of him shows her mental state whether from drugs, mental illness, or, more than likely both.

The doctor was concerned because AJ stated that "maybe someone hit me with a belt. Maybe mommy didn't mean to hurt me." DCFS investigator contacted the father to pick the children up from hospital until the home environment can be assessed. The father was asked to remain in the home as a safety precaution.

Since AJ never specifically said his mom hit him only mentioning “maybe someone hit me with a belt, maybe mommy didn’t mean to hurt me” I think a more in depth interview might have made him more comfortable, maybe enough so he would have given details. Would anyone have acted then? That’s the million dollar question.

What man, AF, would permit his two sons to live in his house with mother and her tattooed boyfriend?

Did AF move out at one time leaving JC, new boyfriend, and his sons in his house? AF must be obsessed with JC to give her that kind of leverage! JMO.

As I read and understood, AF lived there for a while too. These happy drugged three adults and two innocent children living in one house.

How did AF ever get any part of his law license returned?

I notice that too. AJ had good teeth so I'm guessing it was P.

That is sick! Idk if the teeth belong to either boy or if it was a video she found & wanted to repost? They look like meth teeth. In a very young mouth.
Notice in the video with Xmas tree how much better AJ appeared as well as having a normal shaped head?

AJ Sr is not the “better” parent who confessed. He’s just as bad as JC or worse. He’s just obviously smarter and more high functioning. I think we’ll see him throwing much of the blame at JC in the months to come. I feel like he had much more of a grip of reality than JC did and he seems manipulative and controlling to me. What could explain him at 60 being with a 30 year old drug addict? I can see how his lawyer status could have impressed JC - but what did he see on her other than a total mess of a woman with severe mental and drug problems?

AJ Sr is not the “better” parent who confessed. He’s just as bad as JC or worse. He’s just obviously smarter and more high functioning. I think we’ll see him throwing much of the blame at JC in the months to come. I feel like he had much more of a grip of reality than JC did and he seems manipulative and controlling to me. What could explain him at 60 being with a 30 year old drug addict? I can see how his lawyer status could have impressed JC - but what did he see on her other than a total mess of a woman with severe mental and drug problems?

No, there’s no good parent in this picture.
Both equally guilty, imo or the non guilty party would have left Dodge, with the kids in tow.
It’s like JC is holding something over Sr. Why else would he bury his child for her?

Also, according to Drew, he took AJ to the city with him the previous Saturday but he had AJ enter and exit the office through a separate entrance apart from his father so he wouldn’t be seen by coworkers in the law office. This was the weekend that JoAnn had taken Parker and stayed at the hotel.

This statement sounds so contrived. Almost like he’s forewarning LE they needn’t waste time looking for a witness, because AJ was smuggled in.
Was Sr trying to protect his job or intentionally keep LE from his office?
How did JC get money for a hotel?
On another note, I’d hate to clean her room......

I have no doubt she will be competent to stand trial. Yes, she is ravaged by her drug use. Yes, she will be forever altered. I just don't see her drug use and the impact of same being a reason that she is incompetent to stand trial. If long time addicts were considered incompetent there would be a lot people who are owed new trials. In this case the charges are many so I don't think she will ever be free again---which I think is not only the right outcome but the only outcome given her crimes.

I think the wording of Illinois law on the matter of competency will play a tremendous part in the outcome. Docs and judges have to separate their emotions and outrage from the law. If it does go to a jury, imo she doesn't have a prayer. But it may not get that far. I think she'll be institutionalized either way, however.

What man, AF, would permit his two sons to live in his house with mother and her tattooed boyfriend?

Did AF move out at one time leaving JC, new boyfriend, and his sons in his house? AF must be obsessed with JC to give her that kind of leverage! JMO.

As I read and understood, AF lived there for a while too. These happy drugged three adults and two innocent children living in one house.

How did AF ever get any part of his law license returned?

They are all addicts. It is not about what kind of a man.....he is beholden to the drugs. People who know her describe her as relentless and nasty so I don't think there was an option to get her to move or take the kids. Her ex (in an interview) talked about her trashing a home (in similar fashion to this one) before he could get her out.

My understanding is that Sr. lived on the 2nd floor. JC and her boyfriend were in the basement. Sounds like flophouse-esque. I thought I read that there were rooms in the house that were for rent to others before AJ and P lived in the house.

Don't know about his license but his statement to police was that he had taken AJ to work with him the weekend before he was killed. Some have said he is doing real estate legal work.

It is horrendous to read about how AJ was treated, abused, murdered and discarded. It is really heart wrenching to think about what this poor little boy endured for so long at the hands of his Mother and Father. I really do not like the cliche "he is in a better place now", but in this case I think he is. It is clear DCFS failed repeatedly and served no purpose and therefore it is likely AJ would have continued to be neglected, tortured and abused and would have continued to suffer emotionally and physically, given a complete lack of any intervention from anyone and everyone. AJ's only way out, so sadly, was death. I pray that he is at peace and truly is at a better place because no one can hurt him anymore.

I agree that regardless of drug use JoAnne is, was, and would continue to be an abuser. I truly hope that woman spends everyday for the rest of her life under lock and key lonely and alone and haunted by her actions. I really do. Her first husband stated that once she became addicted to pain medication she changed but he also said prior to drug abuse she was decent and attractive etc - my words for what good things about her I recall he said/described. I disagree because I think she pulled the wool over his eyes and then "the honeymoon was over" and her true colors came out and he finally booked,.....smart and lucky guy. I think JoAnne is just plain mean spirited and controlling and manipulative and purely vicious. Anyone that treats an animal, let alone a child, so cruelly and viciously is not worthy of anything, not any empathy nor any sympathy. Animal abusers and Child abusers are the lowest of the low as far as human beings go in my minds eye. She is God's project now...... I hope anyone and everyone else is done with her for good and that she goes away forever.

Drew, "Dad". In my minds eye he is nothing but a snake oil salesman. He can point the finger at JoAnne all he wants but he is no different, perhaps worse because he could have protected his child had he chosen to since he tries to make it seem like he was not happy with the punishments JoAnne doled out, yet he did NOTHING. He knew, he knew all along what HIS SON was suffering at the hands of JoAnne, and very likely himself. I think the most involvement he had with or in AJ's life was probably the time spent locating a burial site, buying items to assist in hiding and cleaning up after his son's death and concealing his son's death by putting the little boy in a plastic bin and leaving it, AJ's little body, IN the home for several days before depositing AJ all alone in an unmarked grave in a field far from home. What kind of a man/father/human being does that? !!! Both Drew and JoAnne do belong in prison for the rest of their lives and need to pay for their actions and failures to act.

I am so angry and sad about how AJ's life was and how it ended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member