Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. This is the only way they could have been forced to show AJ to them. However, it wouldn’t be the first time someone decided it wasn’t worth their time to bother going to court to get a judge to sign off on an order in a case like this.
I can only go by what a police chief in Illinois told me. He said LE will try the door if no one answers and legally can enter the residence if a door is left open. He said they take well-being checks on small children and the elderly very seriously.

I have no reason to believe LE in this case would have failed to follow-up if DCFS had phoned them immediately. The fault in this case lies squarely with the DCFS investigator(s) and the supervisor.

JMO

I can only go by what a police chief in Illinois told me. He said LE will try the door if no one answers and legally can enter the residence if a door is left open. He said they take well-being checks on small children and the elderly very seriously.

I have no reason to believe LE in this case would have failed to follow-up if DCFS had phoned them immediately. The fault in this case lies squarely with the DCFS investigator(s) and the supervisor.

JMO
Yes it does.

I’m wondering if he thinks he is getting by with this by pinning it all on her. As soon as they provided him evidence he confessed where the body was and put it all on her. Maybe it was on her, but I’m not going to be so sure as he walked around her oldest son in his military suits with a gun. That to me sounds like a psycho thing to do. I read that and thought “what in the world?” Like why even add the military suit with the added dramatic effect? I bet that oldest brother really is angry with everything especially after all the crap he dealt with.

Who knows if JC grasps what happened? If Drew hadn’t put AJ in the tote, later burying him, I think JC would have kept him in his bed, like he was only sick.
Again, we will never know what makes these two tick.
Both seem to have deep psychological problems, imo.
Seems like Drew was better able to function. Until 2 years ago JC worked at a low end salon. Something went very wrong, in short order. From June 2015 - October 2017, things were quiet (see timeline, page 1). DN left the household in Feb 2018. We don’t know when he arrived, possibly in the fall/winter of 2017? We know she reported him missing & he was found at a facility of some sort.
Did he introduce her to a heavier, new form of drug, like fentanyl? Did things go so far he left Dodge to seek help?

As soon as he establishes paternity he can move forward.
JC hasn’t given up parental rights to the unborn child.
Good luck to the inmate getting a paternity test on a child in custody of the State of Illinois.

The moment the baby is born, DCFS has said they will be notified so they can take custody.

JMO

I think people have no idea how children live and survive in America.
Every day, it gets worse and worse. It does not matter where you come from. There are organizations that will help you. My organization has a don’t ask don’t tell policy. When ICE is here food is delivered to the home. Children don’t come to school. This is where We are as a country .

If Drew put JC on the house at some point before foreclosure, he intended for her & the kids to be taken care of, in the event of his demise, imo.
We don’t know when or how she introduced her boyfriend to the household or the arrangement/agreement the three of them had. Did Drew agree because JC is listed as co-owner? Was he simply done with her & didn’t care that she had found a new man. This isn’t the first time I’ve heard of a formal couple continuing to live together, with one bringing in a new partner but I don’t think it is a normal occurrence.

If Drew put JC on the house at some point before foreclosure, he intended for her & the kids to be taken care of, in the event of his demise, imo.
We don’t know when or how she introduced her boyfriend to the household or the arrangement/agreement the three of them had. Did Drew agree because JC is listed as co-owner? Was he simply done with her & didn’t care that she had found a new man. This isn’t the first time I’ve heard of a formal couple continuing to live together, with one bringing in a new partner but I don’t think it is a normal occurrence.
Who does that? Ohhhhh pick me, pick me! 3 junkies living together! I win! AJ doesn’t.

How Can Paternity be Established?
  • To make it easier for unwed parents to establish paternity at the time of the child's birth, Illinois law makes it possible for both parents to sign a Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity Form HFS 3416B (pdf) in the hospital. Signing this form eliminates the court process and is vital to having the father's name added to the birth certificate.

• Parents who do not sign the Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity Form HFS 3416B (pdf) at the hospital may sign it later at any local registrar of vital records, county clerk's office, local Department of Human Services office or child support services office. The form can also be completed, witnessed at home and mailed to the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services, Administrative Coordination Unit, 110 West Lawrence, Springfield, Illinois 62701.
Establish Paternity

How Can Paternity be Established?
  • To make it easier for unwed parents to establish paternity at the time of the child's birth, Illinois law makes it possible for both parents to sign a Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity Form HFS 3416B (pdf) in the hospital. Signing this form eliminates the court process and is vital to having the father's name added to the birth certificate.

• Parents who do not sign the Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity Form HFS 3416B (pdf) at the hospital may sign it later at any local registrar of vital records, county clerk's office, local Department of Human Services office or child support services office. The form can also be completed, witnessed at home and mailed to the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services, Administrative Coordination Unit, 110 West Lawrence, Springfield, Illinois 62701.
Establish Paternity
The alleged father is currently in jail and so is the mother. How and where exactly will the signage of the VAP take place? The State has already said they will be contacted the moment the baby is born.

Besides, establishing paternity is just the first step. Baby daddy then has to file a petition in Parentage Court and attend a hearing.

I seriously doubt the baby daddy in this case cares one whit about the baby. He let her mother continue to use drugs while pregnant and sure did nothing to help AJ or P. No way will he be let anywhere near the baby.

JMO

Starting a case for parentage in court

I think people have no idea how children live and survive in America.
Every day, it gets worse and worse. It does not matter where you come from. There are organizations that will help you. My organization has a don’t ask don’t tell policy. When ICE is here food is delivered to the home. Children don’t come to school. This is where We are as a country .
As a country we must do better. Illinois DCFS has had a revolving door of leadership and the new guy now has his feet to the fire to make sure there are no more AJs. The Chicago media, taxpayers and politicians are watching closely:

AJ Freund could have been saved. DCFS needs to figure out why he wasn't.

Rep. Anna Moeller, D-Elgin was raised by grandparents after being removed as an infant from her mother’s care because of drug and alcohol abuse. She had pointed questions for Smith about AJ’s death.

“I don’t see how DCFS could allow this situation to stay the same when your case workers knew the history of this family,” she said, echoing the frustration of the community as each wrenching new detail of AJ’s alleged abuse emerged. “It’s very clear this was neglect, that DCFS should have done so much more to ensure this child was safe.”

The DCFS worker and supervisor who handled AJ’s case have been placed on administrative duties, Smith said. On the bigger issues of how to effectively manage high-risk families, DCFS officials didn’t have sufficient answers Friday, but they remain accountable.

When children are identified as being at risk, it becomes DCFS’ responsibility to keep them safe. That system failed AJ Freund.

As the new director, it’s now on Smith to do better by all children DCFS monitors, and by AJ’s memory — before the next avoidable tragedy happens.

Join the discussion on Twitter @Trib_Ed_Board and on Facebook.

Copyright © 2019, Chicago Tribune

<modsnipped quoted post and response>

In this case, JC has already relinquished her parental rights to P. No way is the Prosecutor going to allow her any rights to the newborn and no way the violent felon will be allowed near the baby.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

JMO

Yes, I agree. However, DCFS doesn’t always take that step. I never implied the police wouldn’t have taken it seriously but if DCFS chooses not to pursue it, there’s nothing the police can do. DCFS has to go to court with evidence they believe a child is in immediate danger. Then a judge has to grant a warrant. Finally, DCFS will return with a warrant and the police. At this point, the police can kick in the door if they have to and remove the child.

Obviously, this didn’t happen with AJ. What I said was DCFS can’t force anyone to show them a child. They can ask and if the answer from the caregiver is no then DCFS has the choice to try to convince a judge there’s immediate danger. They either didn’t think there was an immediate danger to AJ, they didn’t think they had enough proof to get a judge to sign a warrant or they just didn’t feel like going to the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa