Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Victoria you might wish to go to page one & read Tippys excellent timeline.
Not only did Drew have a drug problem, he was court ordered to have a psych’ exam.
Yes yes yes, he, too, was an addict.

Seems a horrible twist of fate for them to meet and produce children just so they could torture them. They were perfectly horrible for each other. It seems together they became their most sadist sick. JC lost custody of her first son because of the evil they were together

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
We really need a hate button!!!

Yes we do! From the link:

If the father is able to care for the newborn, they would have custody of the child," Strokosch said. "If there isn't a father available and absent other plans, DCFS becomes involved. We would work with the courts to create a plan for the child based on the best interest of the newborn."

The family of the father has rights like the maternal side.
Possibly JC/bio dad have already had tests to prove paternity, they could have done so early on.
Obviously someone’s convinced Drew’s not the father, per article. I’ll if JC’s word would be enough for msm to exclude him. Notice “court documents obtained say Drew is not the father.”

Admin Note:

Reminder not to sleuth family members and/or people who have not been officially named a POI/suspect. You may discuss what is said about them or by them in MSM, but you may not sleuth out their background / personal details.

Sadly you’re correct. I had to get an eval for my son, but my son is far from abused. I don’t understand why people would rather hurt/abuse kids than just give them up. Do you think P would’ve been subjected to abuse as he was aging? I can’t say it was just AJ abused as her oldest was getting treated poorly as well.
With AJ gone I think P probably would have been subject to escalating abuse. She abused the older son, abused AJ and abused the dog. There was so much dysfunction going on, I don’t see how P could possibly escape it. And with a new baby on the way P would have quickly fallen out of favor.

But we know he was taken to a physician months before he was murdered so he was taken to physicians in the past.

And I still wonder if there was some Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome going on with her.

There were photos of his injuries posted on FB, his burns specifically, and he was even taken out for Halloween in bandage wraps drawing attention and risking infection. There were family photos posted of them in the ER, and photos and videos on her phone of his beatings which I believe she shared with a select few.

MOO

Andrew ‘AJ’ Freund hinted at parental abuse to Illinois doctor just months before he was found murdered

December 2018, just months before Andrew Freund’s parents were charged with his murder, the Illinois boy suggested to an emergency room doctor he might have been hit by his mother, according to a summary of Department of Children and Family Service records released Friday.
I don’t think Munchausen by Proxy applies here. Labeling AJ with a dx of ODD was simply an excuse for her abusing him. Saying he was so defiant, she had to beat him. I think she posted pictures of him with injuries because she either couldn’t appreciate the severity of his injuries and/or she thought people would buy into her excuses. She said the burns were from AJ pulling a pot of boiling water off the stove. She was confident ability to explain it all away.

Last edited:
I did find that his mother passed away in 2006, but I haven’t been able to find an obit for her anywhere.
JMO
The obit was posted in the Northwest Herald on March 8, 2006, but it is behind a paywall & cannot be viewed

Reactions: osu
Looking at this I would guess that the family would be considered first if adopting the unborn child comes to fruition.
"Adoption by Relatives Approximately 11 states21 require in statute or regulation that state agencies give preference to relatives when making adoptive placements for children in their custody.22 However, in three states, if the child has been placed in foster care with a nonrelative and has been living with the same foster parent for significant period of time when he or she becomes available for adoption, the nonrelative foster parent may be given first preference to adopt.23 In the statutes or regulations of approximately 35 states, when a parent places the child directly with a relative, the laws provide for a streamlined adoption process, such as not requiring a preplacement assessment or home study unless specifically ordered by the court.24 In 11 states, the child must have resided with the relative for a period of time or have established a significant relationship with the relative in some other way.25 All states require checks of criminal history records and child abuse central registries for the adopting relatives and other adult household members.26"
The reference numbers at the site include the states that correspond.
https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/placement.pdf

Its nice to read so many people showed up to celebrate AJ’s short life. I’m sad that yet one more child had to die to bring attention to the shortcomings of DCFS. While we here at Websleuths are all too aware of the many children who are murdered by their supposed caretakers, I don’t think the general public has any idea how often it happens. I hope it’s inspired people to get involved.

I don’t think Munchausen by Proxy applies here. Labeling AJ with a dx of ODD was simply an excuse for her abusing him. Saying he was so defiant, she had to beat him. I think she posted pictures of him with injuries because she either couldn’t appreciate the severity of his injuries and/or she thought people would buy into her excuses. She said the burns were from AJ pulling a pot of boiling water off the stove. She was confident ability to explain it all away.

I wonder if she even had prenatal care for this pregnancy?
A lot of addicts won’t see a doctor, preferring to avoid WD, presenting at ER for delivery. She’s now under the care of an OB, as the county jail surely wishes to avoid future lawsuits & they would need to know appx due date, etc. Moo
I highly doubt either boy was taken to pediatric appointments, I have wondered if she even followed a vaccination schedule. I don’t see how she could have scheduled an appointment, not knowing if AJ would be bruise/injury free at appointment time.

A Priest was at the home a few days ago.
I hope that the home is demolished and all that is stigmatized removed.

Even though this home is world news, Realtors do not have to disclose the property as stigmatized. Slim chance a buyer would not know what took place there.

I am hoping that the buyer will raise the home and that a memorial is put into place there.
Don’t quote me but I think I read that people in the community want to put a memorial park there

I wonder if she even had prenatal care for this pregnancy?
A lot of addicts won’t see a doctor, preferring to avoid WD, presenting at ER for delivery. She’s now under the care of an OB, as the county jail surely wishes to avoid future lawsuits & they would need to know appx due date, etc. Moo
I highly doubt either boy was taken to pediatric appointments, I have wondered if she even followed a vaccination schedule. I don’t see how she could have scheduled an appointment, not knowing if AJ would be bruise/injury free at appointment time.

A.J. wouldn’t have to get vaccinated again until he started kindergarten. His foster parents probably did all that seeing they had him until 18 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes