GUILTY IL - Antinette 'Toni' Keller, 18, DeKalb, NIU Student, 14 October 2010

I wonder if they found something in Toni's camera to link Curl to the crime? LE hasn't confirmed that this is Toni, so perhaps there was something in the car (a scarf, etc..) that connects the two.

BBM

In the article linked below it says more or less the camera along with cell phone and clothing were damaged by fire. I don't think LE would have been able to retrieve any information for the camera.

Something else in the article I found very interesting is the bond set for unlawful use of a loaded weapon. Does this mean that Billy used a gun in the crime or he was just in possession of the gun when he shouldn't have been? The "use" part is what gets me. I see in the Illinois gun statute that you cannot have a loaded gun in a public park or a public housing facility to name a few, but that doesn't translate to "use". Link to Illinois Gun Statute

Could it mean LE found a shell casing and figured that is how Toni was killed or did Billy tell LE that he used a gun to get Toni to do what he wanted? Does anyone have any more information of this weapons charge?

I still think Billy confessed to LE for them to know everything they do about this if there could be no autopsy. It would be so interesting to see what LE found in the park as far as evidence.

*****Waiting patiently for some court documents to be posted showing evidence found****

http://bolingbrooksun.suntimes.com/news/2171732-418/curl-montgomery-charges-death-illinois.html

Bond has been set at $5 million on the charges of murder, arson and criminal sexual assault; $50,000 on the charge of unlawful use of a loaded weapon, and $15,000 on the charge of obstructing justice, which means he would have to post approximately $506,500 to remain free. Curl is accused of damaging Keller’s cell phone, camera and clothing with the arson.

BBM

In the article linked below it says more or less the camera along with cell phone and clothing were damaged by fire. I don't think LE would have been able to retrieve any information for the camera.

Something else in the article I found very interesting is the bond set for unlawful use of a loaded weapon. Does this mean that Billy used a gun in the crime or he was just in possession of the gun when he shouldn't have been? The "use" part is what gets me. I see in the Illinois gun statute that you cannot have a loaded gun in a public park or a public housing facility to name a few, but that doesn't translate to "use". Link to Illinois Gun Statute

Could it mean LE found a shell casing and figured that is how Toni was killed or did Billy tell LE that he used a gun to get Toni to do what he wanted? Does anyone have any more information of this weapons charge?

I still think Billy confessed to LE for them to know everything they do about this if there could be no autopsy. It would be so interesting to see what LE found in the park as far as evidence.

*****Waiting patiently for some court documents to be posted showing evidence found****

I think that may be a error in the bolingbrook newspaper's story. The dekalb paper listed this: "Curl said he would not be able to post 10 percent of his bond, which was set at $5 million for the murder, arson and criminal sexual assault charges. Bond for the motor vehicle charge was set at $50,000, and bond for the obstructing justice charge at $15,000, which means Curl would need to post $506,500 to get out of jail."

I haven't heard anything about a gun charge - and their was no mention of it in the news conference when the announced the charges.

I haven't read anywhere else that there was a gun involved. All of the other articles refer to the "converted motor vehicle" -- whatever that means -- when discussing the $50,000. I also believe that Curl had to have confessed. What I don't understand is why LE was waiting a WEEK to re-interview him and only when he skipped his interview did a cross-country manhunt begin?! If they thought he was THE ONE wouldn't someone be watching him for suspicious activity...ie: returning to the scene of the crime? Wouldn't the student/public safety during the week before he fled be of great concern?

I haven't read anywhere else that there was a gun involved. All of the other articles refer to the "converted motor vehicle" -- whatever that means -- when discussing the $50,000. I also believe that Curl had to have confessed. What I don't understand is why LE was waiting a WEEK to re-interview him and only when he skipped his interview did a cross-country manhunt begin?! If they thought he was THE ONE wouldn't someone be watching him for suspicious activity...ie: returning to the scene of the crime? Wouldn't the student/public safety during the week before he fled be of great concern?

I have been wondering about the same thing. Do we know when the first interview with him took place? LE said that the found the remains on the 16th. They said it wasn't announced until the 23rd, because they had to get confirmation that they were human. But I wonder if it's possible that what they actually found on the 16th was the fire spot - and at that time, maybe they didn't think it was anything significant - just another campfire spot in the park. But maybe technically, they DID find it on the 16th. Then they had their first interview with Billy and I wonder if he said something that made them think about re-checking firepits in the park. He gave something away. And maybe after interview one, when they started looking closer at campfire spots in the park... maybe it was then that they found the cellphone, clothing, camera and remains in the firepit...around the 21st. It was the 22nd when they roped off the park and set up a police team behind the Elks club. Isn't that around when he took off for Louisiana? His second interview was scheduled for the 25th.

I think LE was watching home in the hopes that he might give more away. LE seems to have been on top of this case from the get-go. I'm not saying this is always true, but they caught this guy pretty quickly and I am inclined to believe they knew exactly what they were doing.

I heard about Curl's arrest on Sat night (Oct 30). My husband and I were watching the local news in bed, and as I was just about to fall asleep, I heard them mention the case, and I jolted up from my pillow.

I hope they have the right guy and if they do, they NAIL this *&^%$ to the wall in court. DP all the way.

Just because the guy looks like a joe-shmo and has a son that he "loves" doesn't mean he doesn't live a double life. Many possiblilities here:

1. He has killed/harmed before and just got away with it.

2. He has been charged with violent crimes in the past, but got off in court/charges were dropped.

3. He has been fantasizing for years about doing such, and Antinette was his FIRST victim. Every killer has their first victim.

I'd like to know how he got his son (yes we all know "how"), and who the mother is, and why or if that relationship has gone sour.

Praying for Antinette. :praying:

I heard about Curl's arrest on Sat night (Oct 30). My husband and I were watching the local news in bed, and as I was just about to fall asleep, I heard them mention the case, and I jolted up from my pillow.

I hope they have the right guy and if they do, they NAIL this *&^%$ to the wall in court. DP all the way.

Just because the guy looks like a joe-shmo and has a son that he "loves" doesn't mean he doesn't live a double life. Many possiblilities here:

1. He has killed/harmed before and just got away with it.

2. He has been charged with violent crimes in the past, but got off in court/charges were dropped.

3. He has been fantasizing for years about doing such, and Antinette was his FIRST victim. Every killer has their first victim.

I'd like to know how he got his son (yes we all know "how"), and who the mother is, and why or if that relationship has gone sour.

Praying for Antinette. :praying:

friendly reminder:

BBM. His son has not been named a POI or suspect in this case, and is a victim imo - in that he is likely a minor who is about to have his life fall apart based on the terrible choices his father made. Also, WS has a STRICT rule about NO SLEUTHING MINORS. Additionally, the mother of this child has not been named in MSM as a POI or suspect, any info on them would be gossip, and we have a no gossip rule here too.

I don't want to see this thread get derailed based on the limited info making MSM. Let's keep it on topic and within TOS.

tia
Cubby

Oh, I wasn't saying that they had any involvement in the crime... I was just saying that his relationship to them may give insight into his personality or possible violent past.

I won't mention anything related to them again though.

One of my in-laws is a lawyer/former Asst. State's Attorney in IL. From what he's said on other cases, an insanity plea will be difficult to use as a defense, because a suspect who tries to evade LE has enough sense to know that what they did was wrong, which is why they're trying to run away.

Oh, I wasn't saying that they had any involvement in the crime... I was just saying that his relationship to them may give insight into his personality or possible violent past.

I won't mention anything related to them again though.

I think Curls relationships in general would be fine. I'm just being cautious with friendly reminders about staying on track and my familiarity with how threads can easily get derailed with little MSM. And I don't want the thread to get too focused on his child or the childs mother....... and I would like us to remember the usual respect for privacy we give those who are not named in MSM. Thats all.

hth

Can anyone explain this:

How is it that LE could tell Toni was sexually assaulted ---because they charged Curl with Sexual Assault---but could not identify the body as Toni's because of her being burned so severely???

I think LE was watching home in the hopes that he might give more away. LE seems to have been on top of this case from the get-go. I'm not saying this is always true, but they caught this guy pretty quickly and I am inclined to believe they knew exactly what they were doing.

It seems like every time LE had a press conference to announce one thing, quite another was going on.
When they found remains on the 16th it was announced at a PC that nothing new had been discovered in Toni's case, but dogs were being brought in for a second search. Curl had to be interviewed initially during this appoximate timeframe.
Then LE waited a week (10/23) to again have a PC to announce that they found remains a week prior and they are unidentifiable, but human. This is when Curl stole the car and fled the area.
This is also where I question that LE had the case well in hand.
On the 25th, Curl obviously missed his appointment with local LE and they realized that he had taken his mother's car.
And then there was the Tuesday PC (10/26) which announced that this was a homicide investigation and yet ANOTHER search was being conducted today -- when all the while Louisiana authorities had Curl in custody at their request.
Local LE are either really wiley or damn lucky or both. Hopefully they have the right guy. Fingers crossed! Incredible amount of info NOT leaked by so many departments involved!

Can anyone explain this:

How is it that LE could tell Toni was sexually assaulted ---because they charged Curl with Sexual Assault---but could not identify the body as Toni's because of her being burned so severely???

Good question! DNA from body fluids would be destroyed by fire - I can't imagine how they would know such things except I do remember there were search warrants for the car and his apartment, maybe they found something significant or maybe he confessed to it. moo

Doesn't surprise me one bit that a psyc eval is being requested. moo mho

This case is hauntingly familiar.
A lot of similarities to another student murder by a creep in a college town, less than 2 hours south.
October 13, 2005.

Olamide Adeyooye, Illinois State University, Normal IL.
She was a brilliant senior with a double major, soon to graduate (Dec)
when she was murdered and burned beyond recognition.

The creep is in prison, LWOP.

It wasn't in the news much, it is almost impossible to find any info now.
Ola, like Toni, was a Chicago burbs girl... family devastated.

I saved a case archive album of Ola's case. If anyone cares to look, it is here:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Olamide%20Adeyooye%20%20-IL-/

Two bright stars. Just gone.
Both by low-life nobodys who "wanted to do something big".

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7757804

"In court Monday, Curl's family said he is innocent.

"There's a lot of things that haven't came out. And soon we will get that information... not going to try this in the media but at a later time, maybe," she said. "I truly believe he is innocent. I truly believe that, a lot of things people don't know."

A psychologist has been assigned to Curl per his public defender's request. Curl's next hearing is scheduled for November 30.

"I am not going to comment what the evidence is. There's obviously quite a bit of evidence. Whether or not there was a confession or not, that will come out at the trial," said prosecutor Phil Montgomery."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back