Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
J's sister is responding to every post that mentions J with a statement something like, paraphrased, "J can't say anything because her lawyer has told her not to speak publicly about this."

That is odd. LE asking her not to speak publically since this is an open investigation is one thing. Her attorney asking her not to is another.

:(

still catching up reading.

I'm hoping that, since Beth's husband is an attorney, he knows the best of the best of PI's to call for help in this case. I follow a link from this page a few posts up and type in someone's name and find the word "felony." I'm just saying. Wowzer.

Here's hoping jay...

Wowzer's is right...

I wonder if RR was still involved in that type of thing.

I wonder what was going on at the rehab'd house?

I wonder the address?

I wonder wonder wonder.

Brand new NW Herald article up this AM:

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2010/06/04/r_idiycdcasr6nuwv_ej2qw/index.xml

Info of interest: Scott Bentley said the last time he spoke to her was about 4 p.m. May 23.

Still catching up so unsure if this has been posted.

From the above link:

Amtrak policy is that if a ticket is bought by a passenger from a conductor on a train, the person’s name and address is supposed to be recorded. Lowen said there was no record of Bentley buying a ticket, but it was possible an employee failed to write her name down.

If that is the case, then Amtrak should have a record of the number of tickets sold by the conductor and should be able to compare that number to the number of passengers which have addresses recorded. They could account for the persons who had not purchased tickets in advance - unless the employee failed to write down the names of all or more than one passenger purchasing their ticket on the train.

JMO

off to finish catching up reading.

Makes no sense at all Cubby - can't believe she was on any train at all. She is called a 'serial texter' and a serial caller - and she doesn't call her husband during the wait?

A vendor says he/she saw Beth? There was a Blackhawk playoff game Sunday the 23rd and I'm sure the station was crowded due to that huge event, even late at night. I can't believe anybody remembers seeing her at the station. moo

True! I forgot about the game Sunday night. Though how close is the madhouse on Madison to downtown. Not that close IIRC. I know people use the EL trains for the ball games as both parks are close to the El trains. The Metra is downtown. People might use it if they were drinking at the game..... but still they are not close are they?

ETA: I think the game is a mute point for a midnight train going out of Downtown Chicago since it was an afternoon game, not an evening game.

JMO

Does anybody know, does LE scan through these posts? I don't know where their investigation might be taking them. Publicly, they keep talking about the train, which I think is just a diversion personally, and also that it's a "tough case." How can someone point them in a possible direction? I have no experience with any of this.

LE needs to do their investigation from the house they were remodeling/rehabbing. Who can place Beth there. When was the last time anyone saw Beth there. Beths's phone records also need to be checked. Who did she call/text and at what times.

radiant, the folks here at WS are the best! They are kind caring people who truly want to find answers. Hopefully an alive Beth, but if not then answers so justice can be done and her family and friends can have closure.

I wish some of Beth's close friends could meet with J and put some pressure on her when her lawyer's not around--ask her some questions and don't take "I don't know" for an answer. She knows more than she's telling.

Or convince her to talk to LE. I'm always leary of the non professionals interfering with an investigation...... but you know what I mean.

hth - JMO

Sorry I have not been keeping up with this story and I apologize if this has been mentioned but when you look at J's friends list on FB there is a friend that has Beth's picture but a different name. Maybe the friend posted the pic of Beth because she is missing?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30367065&id=1478677016&ref=mf&fbid=1144977792817#!/profile.php?id=1312776874

BBM - I think this is the case, the person mentioned appears to be VERY active in the search for Beth.

LE needs to do their investigation from the house they were remodeling/rehabbing. Who can place Beth there. When was the last time anyone saw Beth there. Beths's phone records also need to be checked. Who did she call/text and at what times.

radiant, the folks here at WS are the best! They are kind caring people who truly want to find answers. Hopefully an alive Beth, but if not then answers so justice can be done and her family and friends can have closure.

I totally agree, Cubby! Since by all accounts, Beth spoke to her husband throughout the weekend and didn't indicate anything was amiss, so, I think they need to find people who say Beth and either/both of the other two, JW and RR, throughout the weekend and especially Sunday evening after the last time Beth spoke to Scott, her DH. This is when something happened.

The phone records should show for sure where exactly Beth was during the weekend. Also, the rental car may have had GPS. On FB, it is being said that BETH rented the car, in her name, with her credit card before the trip. This makes it far less likely that should would have left the car for JW. It seems Beth should have driven back and left JW to come back on a train.

The FB thread is interesting as JW's sister has been posting. Will be interesting to see if she continues and what she has to share.

Or convince her to talk to LE. I'm always leary of the non professionals interfering with an investigation...... but you know what I mean.

hth - JMO

Me too. But the time for JW to tell all she knows is now. It will not get better for the long time goes on.

What disturbs me though is how really rural the area is. Truly. I woke up this morning thinking about this. If the worst happened, Beth may never be found, unless someone talks.

And I really hope if anyone is hoping enough time passes and this will go away, they remember our old friend Karma, which will always show up.

So the BIG question, what REALLY happened in Centralia???

First off, was there really a guy friend there doing reno's on a house?

From what I understand the house they were rehabbing was in Mt. Vernon. (someone correct me if I am wrong). We don't know that Beth ever made it to Centralia. Has anyone placed J and the white car in Centralia?

True! I forgot about the game Sunday night. Though how close is the madhouse on Madison to downtown. Not that close IIRC. I know people use the EL trains for the ball games as both parks are close to the El trains. The Metra is downtown. People might use it if they were drinking at the game..... but still they are not close are they?

Wondering some more about that Frost Mug....

:waitasec:

It may be more difficult to obtain a warrant if this house is not owned by either of the two people she was staying with; just thinking if it was s house he was working on but did not own. But am hopeful LE will manage to do this soon, it is already two weeks.

If the home was not owned by either of the two people she was staying with I don't see a reason the owners would not cooperate. Even if the home is bank owned and J's friend was hired to do the work, the realtor handling the property should be easy to contact and cooperate.

JMO

From what I understand the house they were rehabbing was in Mt. Vernon. (someone correct me if I am wrong). We don't know that Beth ever made it to Centralia. Has anyone placed J and the white car in Centralia?

I don't think anyone other than JW, the friend, places her in Centralia.

I totally agree, Cubby! Since by all accounts, Beth spoke to her husband throughout the weekend and didn't indicate anything was amiss, so, I think they need to find people who say Beth and either/both of the other two, JW and RR, throughout the weekend and especially Sunday evening after the last time Beth spoke to Scott, her DH. This is when something happened.

The phone records should show for sure where exactly Beth was during the weekend. Also, the rental car may have had GPS. On FB, it is being said that BETH rented the car, in her name, with her credit card before the trip. This makes it far less likely that should would have left the car for JW. It seems Beth should have driven back and left JW to come back on a train.

The FB thread is interesting as JW's sister has been posting. Will be interesting to see if she continues and what she has to share.

If it was Beth that rented the car in her name with her CC there is NO way she would leave it with a friend to drive back.

Whatever happened, happened Sunday night. If I were LE I would be looking at J and R's activities late afternoon and Sunday evening.

Very perplexing case.

I don't think anyone other than JW, the friend, places her in Centralia.

I don't think so either, but we don't know if LE has interviewed businesses in the area.

I'd be looking at all three of their CC and DC records in addition to the phone records. Where did they go - who saw them etc. ?

If it was Beth that rented the car in her name with her CC there is NO way she would leave it with a friend to drive back.

Whatever happened, happened Sunday night. If I were LE I would be looking at J and R's activities late afternoon and Sunday evening.

Very perplexing case.

I wonder if they went to catch the game somewhere?

;) :waitasec:

On FB, it is being said that BETH rented the car, in her name, with her credit card before the trip. This makes it far less likely that should would have left the car for JW. It seems Beth should have driven back and left JW to come back on a train.
Really? Because if the car is in her name, then she's responsible. The story about dropping her off to take the train comes up even shorter. I'd even wonder what the rental agreement said about doing something like that if JW didn't sign some papers when they rented it.

I hope this doesn't seem insensitive...

But the movie Single White Female keeps flashing through my mind.

Photos of J from a while back show a mousy headed woman with frumpy clothes and glasses. Flash forward to recent photos, and you see a platinum blonde with a lot of make-up on, revealing clothes, and glasses gone. She looks wasted in a lot of the more recent photos.

I'm not going to post any more of my suspicions right now...but something is up with J. Lawyering up immediately after Beth went missing--she has to know that the train story comes across as bogus.

I think police need to get a warrant, search the house and the property in Mt. Vernon, and I think that J and boyfriend should be brought in for some serious questioning. The train story does NOT hold water.

There is no way that Beth got on a train, or even decided to get on a train, without first making arrangements with her husband.

Something is up in this story, and I don't think that the conclusion is going to be very good. :(

I really think Puf has something here....

There is just something about J that bothers me and I can't explain it...something creepy. I definitely do get the "single white female" vibe from the photo. I wonder if Beth ever mentioned feeling uncomfortable around her at all to her husband or any other friends? Something is very wrong here I'm afraid.

Do you think that ominous turn occured during this trip? Or before hand, therefore the trip being pre-planned as was Beth's disappearance - by JW.

I do not feel this was pre-planned. After looking at the pictures on FB I just got the feeling of competition between them. Then I noticed J's BF was very much younger. Somehow I am thinking some type of jealousy has taken place which caused the friendship to take an ominous turn. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland