Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was Beth that rented the car in her name with her CC there is NO way she would leave it with a friend to drive back.

Was there a reason stated she rented the car? If I remember all that I've been reading correctly, this wasn't the first time these two took a trip. Was this something Beth did often and only with this friend? If so, how often and did they always rent a car? Car rental with short trips brought drug trafficking to mind. The what if's of a drug deal gone bad and keep your mouth shut type thing could also be a scenario. Does the boyfriend have any previous drug charges? Good people do the wrong things sometimes and no one would be the wiser. Just a thought.

Was there a reason stated she rented the car? If I remember all that I've been reading correctly, this wasn't the first time these two took a trip. Was this something Beth did often and only with this friend? If so, how often and did they always rent a car? Car rental with short trips brought drug trafficking to mind. The what if's of a drug deal gone bad and keep your mouth shut type thing could also be a scenario. Does the boyfriend have any previous drug charges? Good people do the wrong things sometimes and no one would be the wiser. Just a thought.

BBM

CASE ID 07CM000213

http://www.co.mchenry.il.us/departments/circuitclerk/Pages/index.aspx

I'm hoping that, since Beth's husband is an attorney, he knows the best of the best of PI's to call for help in this case. I follow a link from this page a few posts up and type in someone's name and find the word "felony." I'm just saying. Wowzer.

Per Beth's FB, someone who knows of it says the felony was not a conviction, it was reduced to a lesser charge. Originally it was obstruction of justice and destruction of evidence for the charges. FB post states it was surrounding a traffic stop where RR let the driver of stopped car use his ID info to the police. Obviously that didn't end well for RR.

According to the online train schedule there is no 11:30pm train departure on Sunday nights. The only Sunday night departures from Chicago to Woodstock are 8:30pm and then not again until 12:30am. I posted a link to the train schedule earlier in this thread.

hth

Sorry Cubby, I did correct that a ways back in the posts. I was thinking of the weekday schedule which has a train leaving OTC at 11:30 and 12:30, you are correct on Sunday night there is only 12:30

Still catching up so unsure if this has been posted.

From the above link:

...Amtrak should have a record of the number of tickets sold by the conductor and should be able to compare that number to the number of passengers which have addresses recorded. They could account for the persons who had not purchased tickets in advance - unless the employee failed to write down the names of all or more than one passenger purchasing their ticket on the train.

JMO

off to finish catching up reading.

Brilliant thought! I wonder if they considered this also when looking to see if she'd purchased a ticket??

True! I forgot about the game Sunday night. Though how close is the madhouse on Madison to downtown. Not that close IIRC. I know people use the EL trains for the ball games as both parks are close to the El trains. The Metra is downtown. People might use it if they were drinking at the game..... but still they are not close are they?

ETA: I think the game is a mute point for a midnight train going out of Downtown Chicago since it was an afternoon game, not an evening game.

JMO

They're both on Madison, but relatively far. You wouldn't walk it between them. El drops off on Clinton just N of OTC, but I think is irrelevant. Game, because of the time of day, is a mute point

LE needs to do their investigation from the house they were remodeling/rehabbing. Who can place Beth there. When was the last time anyone saw Beth there. Beths's phone records also need to be checked. Who did she call/text and at what times.

radiant, the folks here at WS are the best! They are kind caring people who truly want to find answers. Hopefully an alive Beth, but if not then answers so justice can be done and her family and friends can have closure.

I'm sure they're looking at the phone, I just don't know about that house! I haven't heard a peep from anyone about the house being searched. I can't fathom why this isn't an obvious lead for LE?? They have to be looking and keeping tight-lipped about it? Two separate people (one being a headline of an article) [I see tara just post this above me] suggest today that Beth's case will become a cold case soon as the leads are not good. How can they say this with what seems like so many possibilities yet unexplored!? I feel like now that the train story is unraveling, we are just getting started with which direction to head next. Thoughts?

You are very kind and it gives me great comfort right now. Thank you very much.

Sorry Cubby, I did correct that a ways back in the posts. I was thinking of the weekday schedule which has a train leaving OTC at 11:30 and 12:30, you are correct on Sunday night there is only 12:30

I saw that later on. When I posted about the Sunday night schedule I hadn't caught up reading yet to see where you corrected the Sunday night schedule as well.

:blowkiss:

Or convince her to talk to LE. I'm always leary of the non professionals interfering with an investigation...... but you know what I mean.

hth - JMO

Yah, we don't wanna interfere, we just want to find Beth

Me too. But the time for JW to tell all she knows is now. It will not get better for the long time goes on.

What disturbs me though is how really rural the area is. Truly. I woke up this morning thinking about this. If the worst happened, Beth may never be found, unless someone talks.

And I really hope if anyone is hoping enough time passes and this will go away, they remember our old friend Karma, which will always show up.

Yes, this thought haunts me. The remoteness is overwhelming. I keep looking at maps and thinking of all the nature areas, especially Rend Lake caught my eye for some reason, just south of Mt. Vernon

I'm sure they're looking at the phone, I just don't know about that house! I haven't heard a peep from anyone about the house being searched. I can't fathom why this isn't an obvious lead for LE?? They have to be looking and keeping tight-lipped about it? Two separate people (one being a headline of an article) [I see tara just post this above me] suggest today that Beth's case will become a cold case soon as the leads are not good. How can they say this with what seems like so many possibilities yet unexplored!? I feel like now that the train story is unraveling, we are just getting started with which direction to head next. Thoughts?

You are very kind and it gives me great comfort right now. Thank you very much.

Adult missing persons cases are tough, because the possibility always exists they left of their own accord. however, LE will listen to statements from friends and family and consider if they would....... IF SO, I hope Beth knows she can make contact with police to let them know she is ok but does not wish for her family or friends to know her where abouts. I don't think leaving willfully is the case here.

LE doesn't always put a lot of man hours into Adult missing persons cases unless they have reason to believe foul play is involved. I do think, if the bf is not the owner of the house, the owner would be willing to cooperate with LE. Do we know if the bf owns the house or was just working there?
and you are welcome.

We just need to keep looking, keep coming up with possibilities to put on the table for LE and keep Beths case and name in the news and here at WS.

From what I understand the house they were rehabbing was in Mt. Vernon. (someone correct me if I am wrong). We don't know that Beth ever made it to Centralia. Has anyone placed J and the white car in Centralia?

I understand the house to be in the Mt. Vernon "area", I don't know it to be in Mt. Vernon proper (as in, in town). J and the white car have not been placed in Centralia by anyone to my knowledge. There was a mention of a bus service that stops at the Amtrak at regular intervals, they were going to try and see if the bus has a camera and if it would have picked up anything at the Amtrak around the time J said she dropped Beth off (which seeems to differ by account at this time). I think it far fetched, but even if no camera, there could be no harm to ask the driver if he notice J in parking lot, or Beth waiting. Still strongly believe Beth was never there, though, and think we should look at other possibilities than the train now. Just need more info on that house....

Wondering some more about that Frost Mug....

:waitasec:

I do not understand why Gus has latched onto this place. I asked him, and he replied to my message but did not answer that question. ???

If something happened, it likely happened in the car or the house. Especially if they were working all day. What did they do for food? Did they go out? Bring food? Order in? I don't know now many places deliver during the day. maybe one of them went and picked up lunch.

Also the rent a car, where both women listed as drivers on the contract or just Beth - if it is fact the car was rented in her name. When was the car returned? Has LE interviewed the employees at the rental agency? Have they examined the car?

Is it habit for Beth to not ride home with the person she left with? Has she ever gotten a way home with someeone she didn't leave with?

What about the childs graduation? Was there going to be a party for him right away or where they going to wait for the older brothers graduation and celebrate them together?

Do we have confirmation on what time Beth was supposedly dropped off at the train platform?

I do not feel this was pre-planned. After looking at the pictures on FB I just got the feeling of competition between them. Then I noticed J's BF was very much younger. Somehow I am thinking some type of jealousy has taken place which caused the friendship to take an ominous turn. jmo

Yes, look carefully at J's eyes...they speak volumes IMO. Also, the first photo posted in here of J and RR from BEth's iPhone, a little blurry, before we could confirm is was J's bf. Look at them. The one with Beth, though...competition and jealousy comes out to me too. I feel like J loved Beth in a...not-so-healthy way, but I don't know J or the dynamics of J's relationship with Beth. Pure intuition from me, but Ruby you seem to feel it, too...

Somone on Beth's Missing FB is begging JW to talk - if she knows ANYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz