Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was responding to a comment made by Connorzgram saying that LE told her there were large sums of money missing. None of this is 'public' honestly who ever told Connorzgrams probably should not have told her that information since they are not the lead LE of the case. But one of the people that has been helping SB with the accounts DTM has stated on the FB main page thread (way back) that she checked all of the accounts and there are no large sums unaccounted for.

sometimes cops talk when they shouldn't - it's the nature of the business - LE down here knows about this case, but they don't seem to be taking it seriously because of what they have found out from investigating - of course it's not public and of course, he probably shouldn't have told me, but he did and it corroborates what i've heard from other LE - no one says that the money came out of the accounts all at once - perhaps a little at a time......who knows!?!? a younger man she was interested in is involved.....etc.

i do have to say as well that if the call on sunday to SB was made at 4:15 from mt. vernon (confirmed), there was plenty of time to drive to centralia to meet up with whomever and still corroborate the train story. the FB postings say she was confirmed to have been seen in centralia on saturday which leads me to believe that she perhaps met up with someone late at night at the frosty mug and came back to centralia only to go back to mt. vernon for the lake jaunt although LE doesn't believe she was confirmed to have been in centralia at all!

i choose to believe that she is still alive and well somewhere (for her kids) although i often think about miller lake and how easy it would be to dispose of a body and cell phone and vera bradley bag and big white purse....could explain why the cell phone can't be pinged and that makes me sick

it all revolves around JW in my opinion because she knows something she isn't telling and that's just disgusting - if my bff was missing i would be diligently searching for something - anything - but she's not - why isn't SB screaming from the rooftops for information/action?

i continue to post flyers and am always on the lookout and will still ask questions when the opportunity presents itself

sometimes cops talk when they shouldn't - it's the nature of the business - LE down here knows about this case, but they don't seem to be taking it seriously because of what they have found out from investigating - of course it's not public and of course, he probably shouldn't have told me, but he did and it corroborates what i've heard from other LE - no one says that the money came out of the accounts all at once - perhaps a little at a time......who knows!?!? a younger man she was interested in is involved.....etc.

i do have to say as well that if the call on sunday to SB was made at 4:15 from mt. vernon (confirmed), there was plenty of time to drive to centralia to meet up with whomever and still corroborate the train story. the FB postings say she was confirmed to have been seen in centralia on saturday which leads me to believe that she perhaps met up with someone late at night at the frosty mug and came back to centralia only to go back to mt. vernon for the lake jaunt although LE doesn't believe she was confirmed to have been in centralia at all!

i choose to believe that she is still alive and well somewhere (for her kids) although i often think about miller lake and how easy it would be to dispose of a body and cell phone and vera bradley bag and big white purse....could explain why the cell phone can't be pinged and that makes me sick

it all revolves around JW in my opinion because she knows something she isn't telling and that's just disgusting - if my bff was missing i would be diligently searching for something - anything - but she's not - why isn't SB screaming from the rooftops for information/action?

i continue to post flyers and am always on the lookout and will still ask questions when the opportunity presents itself

Can you share with us, is this younger man from Woodstock? Is it someone she met while down here in Southern IL? Does LE know who he is? Is he the reason she vanished, willing or not?

JW told me that Beth didn't say who Beth was meeting, but that JW had a hunch of who it was, and provided me with a name, and stated she (JW) "didn't like him".

AlwaysThinking..........From what JW told you, in your opinion is BB still in the MV area? Willing or not? Do you agree with this 'younger guy' involved statement that Just A Lawyer mentioned to? Do you know this person JW "didn't like"? If you can share with us.

Event to aid Bentley search

WOODSTOCK – A fundraiser to benefit the family of Benedetta “Beth” Bentley and to assist in paying for search efforts is scheduled today at Gus’s Roadhouse.

<snip>

The fundraiser at Gus’s Roadhouse, 680 S. Eastwood Drive, Woodstock, is being organized by Bentley’s friends in coordination with her husband, Scott. A news release for the event states that all the money will be turned over to Scott Bentley and Bentley’s family.

The fundraiser, scheduled for 7 p.m. today, will feature a silent auction, raffle prizes and live music.

Anyone interested in making a donation or participating in the event can e-mail bentleyfundraiser@yahoo.com or call
Gus’s Roadhouse at 815-334-8700.

Full article at link:
http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2010/07/15/r_spivjwq_s129marotbzs4g/index.xml

Can you share with us, is this younger man from Woodstock? Is it someone she met while down here in Southern IL? Does LE know who he is? Is he the reason she vanished, willing or not?

all i was told is that she ran off with a younger man - it could have been RR's younger brother or someone else - pure speculation on my part, but LE stated the younger man and a large sum of money

AlwaysThinking..........From what JW told you, in your opinion is BB still in the MV area? Willing or not? Do you agree with this 'younger guy' involved statement that Just A Lawyer mentioned to? Do you know this person JW "didn't like"? If you can share with us.

snowzunny
I have no idea if BB is still in the Mt Vernon area. I do NOT know this person JW spoke of that she "didn't like", but, I have heard of him in many conversations with a mututal friend, long before Beth ever went missing.

Paschein

Yes, it was me that said Beth was always texting & talking on that cell and would always answer calls, especially if they were from SB. I used to tease her, because that phone was always in her hand. Our mutual friend used to complain to me all the time, Beth would call/text to say she just got up, she'd call/text to say she was getting starbucks, she'd call/text to say she just got to work etc etc all day long. If there is one thing that I can say about Beth, it's that she always needed constant attention. She did not like to be alone.

I agree with you 100% on the covert-aggressive traits. A lot has been written about how JW writes, her spelling, her use of ? when it doesn't apply etc. Don't confuse somebody's written skills that imply they are uneducated. The truth is, you don't have to be book smart to be street smart. You don't have to be smart to come up with a story to cover the truth...especially if you have a boyfriend who can help you come up with the perfect story. Again, JW is dragging Beth's name through the mud. Why? If Beth had been hit by a car walking down the street in Mt Vernon and she died, would JW be telling everybody all of Beth's secrets?? I think not. Why is she telling it all, because it fits the story she is trying to get everybody to believe. It makes everybody think "maybe Beth did run away with another guy". That is exactly what she wants everybody to think. Because as long as there is reasonable doubt, and no body, she will never get caught.

All my opinions, sorry.....

Respectfully bolded by me: I totally agree. I can't fathom why she would be running Beth's reputation into the ground. I used to be a hospice counselor for grieving families/friends. One of the things most had in common was the natural tendency to put the deceased on a pedestal, to no longer see any flaws in the deceased. For most it was a common thread.

all i was told is that she ran off with a younger man - it could have been RR's younger brother or someone else - pure speculation on my part, but LE stated the younger man and a large sum of money

If that's true, the LE should be checking Las Vegas because Beth loved Las Vegas and hell....she would not stand out or be noticed there. I know of at least one person who already called the LE and told them this two weeks ago, and even provided the exact hotels that Beth liked to stay at. Not sure what ever came of that or if the LE investigated.

Originally Posted by AlwaysThinking
Paschein

Yes, it was me that said Beth was always texting & talking on that cell and would always answer calls, especially if they were from SB. I used to tease her, because that phone was always in her hand. Our mutual friend used to complain to me all the time, Beth would call/text to say she just got up, she'd call/text to say she was getting starbucks, she'd call/text to say she just got to work etc etc all day long. If there is one thing that I can say about Beth, it's that she always needed constant attention. She did not like to be alone.

I agree with you 100% on the covert-aggressive traits. A lot has been written about how JW writes, her spelling, her use of ? when it doesn't apply etc. Don't confuse somebody's written skills that imply they are uneducated. The truth is, you don't have to be book smart to be street smart. You don't have to be smart to come up with a story to cover the truth...especially if you have a boyfriend who can help you come up with the perfect story. Again, JW is dragging Beth's name through the mud. Why? If Beth had been hit by a car walking down the street in Mt Vernon and she died, would JW be telling everybody all of Beth's secrets?? I think not. Why is she telling it all, because it fits the story she is trying to get everybody to believe. It makes everybody think "maybe Beth did run away with another guy". That is exactly what she wants everybody to think. Because as long as there is reasonable doubt, and no body, she will never get caught.

Respectfully bolded by me: I totally agree. I can't fathom why she would be running Beth's reputation into the ground. I used to be a hospice counselor for grieving families/friends. One of the things most had in common was the natural tendency to put the deceased on a pedestal, to no longer see any flaws in the deceased. For most it was a common thread.

Jenny60123
It is mind boggling why JW wants to share all of Beth's secrets. It makes sense she would ONLY do that to divert attention from herself and make it look like Beth had so many boyfriends, so she probably just took off with one. And, I guess that is still a possibility, it could have happened.

The better question is, even if Beth did run off with some guy, with or without JW's knowledge, WHY is she smearing Beth's name?

If JW thinks Beth ran away, then she's going to have to face her when she returns. How do you face your best friend that you just blabbed all of her business?

If it is true that Beth had a large amount of money with her, then maybe JW & RR wanted that money and that meant getting rid of Beth?

Who knows. This is just a mess.

The reason that I don't think the story is important is that if JW is lying, it doesn't tell us what happened, and it doesn't tell us what she knows (and we can assume that she won't just admit it, and we can assume that if she feels caught she will adjust the story and still not tell us our solution).

So what we can do is go from what we do know into what we don't. JW comes back and makes several admissions of less than noble behavior to about 5 of BB's friends sitting in a circle on a porch. It is not important what she said (we all know the gist of it), but she is telling it.

What is the story for?

Perhaps JW wanted these folks to "admire her" for her honesty, and to "thank her" for coming "clean", plus perhaps she thought if she planted some nasty seeds, folks would be disgusted in Beth, and not care what happened to her.

JW told me that Beth didn't say who Beth was meeting, but that JW had a hunch of who it was, and provided me with a name, and stated she (JW) "didn't like him".

Is this person someone who has been interviewed by LE??

snowzunny
I have no idea if BB is still in the Mt Vernon area. I do NOT know this person JW spoke of that she "didn't like", but, I have heard of him in many conversations with a mututal friend, long before Beth ever went missing.

Well, how about this, has the person you are referring to been seen around since BB has been gone? Is he acting differently?

Originally Posted by AlwaysThinking
Paschein

Jenny60123
It is mind boggling why JW wants to share all of Beth's secrets. It makes sense she would ONLY do that to divert attention from herself and make it look like Beth had so many boyfriends, so she probably just took off with one. And, I guess that is still a possibility, it could have happened.

The better question is, even if Beth did run off with some guy, with or without JW's knowledge, WHY is she smearing Beth's name?

If JW thinks Beth ran away, then she's going to have to face her when she returns. How do you face your best friend that you just blabbed all of her business?
If it is true that Beth had a large amount of money with her, then maybe JW & RR wanted that money and that meant getting rid of Beth?

Who knows. This is just a mess.

RBM: Amen! I totally agree. The hinky feeling comes in for me that they were supposed to be such close friends, with so much history between them, etc., etc. Yet, the minute BB is missing all of a sudden JW spills all of the secrets (true or not true) she can think of. To me that just plain says a lot. If she was friends with Beth before she went missing, she certainly doesn't plant to be anymore. Why not?

Thanks Connerzgram.........I see what you are saying and believe it is a possibility. I do have trouble believing that BB would have stayed gone all this time. All the heartache her family has been through, all the money being spent to find her, all the friends and strangers for that matter that are searching and donating their time and efforts. Would you really allow this to continue if you were out there somewhere and a choice? I would have just thought after some time you would have to come to your senses and said OK it's time for me to go home now. I'm sure if she was out there somewhere, she would have some means of contact with someone or something. FB, cell, phone, internet, newspapers, etc. It is just so hard to believe. I do hope she is out there somewhere, and that this nightmare ends soon.

See this is one of my biggest points JW wouldn't be smearing Beth's name if she had even a doubt that Beth would return. Because she would have to face the music. This goes beyond telling LE & SB she has told the public, she has wrote people privately to do even more damage to Beth that don't even know Beth. IMO she would only be doing this if she knew for a FACT that Beth would never be found alive. If she had first hand knowledge something happen to Beth. JMO

To everyone who has received private messages from JW, I do hope you have reported this to LE and shared this information with WPD they are interested in seeing all of this.
Woodstock Police Department at (815) 338-2131

I almost wish JW would join WS and try to clarify all this. With WS rules she wouldn't get slammed like she did on Facebook. And this way she'd have an open forum to answer publically.

The offer is on the table.

Originally Posted by Just a Lawyer
The reason that I don't think the story is important is that if JW is lying, it doesn't tell us what happened, and it doesn't tell us what she knows (and we can assume that she won't just admit it, and we can assume that if she feels caught she will adjust the story and still not tell us our solution).

So what we can do is go from what we do know into what we don't. JW comes back and makes several admissions of less than noble behavior to about 5 of BB's friends sitting in a circle on a porch. It is not important what she said (we all know the gist of it), but she is telling it.

What is the story for?

Perhaps JW wanted these folks to "admire her" for her honesty, and to "thank her" for coming "clean", plus perhaps she thought if she planted some nasty seeds, folks would be disgusted in Beth, and not care what happened to her.

Good point SpyMom. Again, it is my feeling that Beth's group of girlfriends did not necessarily like JW when she moved into town, for lots of different reasons, one being, I don't think they thought it was good for Beth to hang around with JW. Just my opinion. I believe they saw all Beth did for JW and like Just a Lawyer stated in a previous post, it was a lot but it was Beth's choice.

One thing is, I believe JW told all those friends about something Beth did behind one of her girlfriends backs, something terrible. It was very hurtful and I'm sure that relationship between Beth and the friend will permanantly be destroyed. Why did JW tell that secret in particular? Maybe to make herself look better to the group of girls? Maybe to gain their trust that the story JW was telling was true? I don't know. Again, WHAT HAPPENED that made JW start telling all? If Beth just wanted to take off with some guy, it makes no sense that she would bash her best friend? Something BIG is missing in this whole story so maybe JW is telling some truths, but certainly not the whole truth! Something had to have happened between Beth and JW for this type of betrayal to take place. We need to figure out what that was.

SO many people keep talking about JW smearing Beths name. Well, I personally have not seen any evidence of this either. Not like smearing her name to strangers. One facebook post on her own page that was removed and made private when she realized it was an open account. Alot of people assume only their friends can see their walls, they dont know you have to make it private. There may have been posts on the Beth is Missing page that were deleted before I saw them.

Then we have JW getting a close circle of Beths friends and telling them the "everything". I have read other posts that said Beth did not use discretion and alot of people knew of her infidelities. So there must have been more she was telling them besides supposed drug use and infidelity. This close circle would already know these things, wouldnt they?

So I go hmmm and then wonder this: was there really only one boyfriend and the diversion is if there are many, no one will look at ONE in particular? This one possibly being the husband of one in the group? It would make sense that she has told LE, SB now knows, so wouldnt you want to let this friend know before LE does? Is that why her friends in the pics are kinda removed now?

OR, (maybe both).. I feel like there is a big grey elephant in the room that is not being discussed that would change the dynamics of everything... so im gonna ask all you "verified" people especially..

Is it possible Beth could be pregnant? and that is why she left? Is that why SB is so devastated he cant publicly speak of it? As I look at pics of Beth, it appears Beth looks sad and has gained weight in more recent pics. Is that why JW and RaR acted as if they wanted to tell "everything" and held back?

IF Beth was having an affair with a friends husband and got pregnant by him.. seems leaving would make sense. But IMO it also provides a motive for several people not to want her around.

These are only MY guesses at what could have happened. Not even rumors. Speculation ONLY.

See this is one of my biggest points JW wouldn't be smearing Beth's name if she had even a doubt that Beth would return. Because she would have to face the music. This goes beyond telling LE & SB she has told the public, she has wrote people privately to do even more damage to Beth that don't even know Beth. IMO she would only be doing this if she knew for a FACT that Beth would never be found alive. If she had first hand knowledge something happen to Beth. JMOTo everyone who has received private messages from JW, I do hope you have reported this to LE and shared this information with WPD they are interested in seeing all of this.
Woodstock Police Department at (815) 338-2131

Paschein, I bolded a very important sentence in your post. I agree with that. IMO, be telling ALL about Beth, it makes people believe that Beth took off with some guy because of her past infidelities. By exposing there were multiple men Beth was with, that leaves an open that Beth could be with one of many men. By saying she doesn't know who was picking Beth up, that makes her unable to account for exactly what happened, only that she dropped her off and knows nothing else. She never really answered any direct questions on FB, her responses were generally vague and confusing. And to top it off, she is sending private messages to people she doesn't even know on FB telling more crap about Beth. Why why why? Sounds to me like someone who is doing anything she can to get anyone to believe her.

Wonder if JW is showing up the fund raiser tonight? After all, if her friend just took off with some guy, she would want to participate and help to find her.

Originally Posted by Just a Lawyer

What is the story for?

Good point SpyMom. Again, it is my feeling that Beth's group of girlfriends did not necessarily like JW when she moved into town, for lots of different reasons, one being, I don't think they thought it was good for Beth to hang around with JW. Just my opinion. I believe they saw all Beth did for JW and like Just a Lawyer stated in a previous post, it was a lot but it was Beth's choice.

One thing is, I believe JW told all those friends about something Beth did behind one of her girlfriends backs, something terrible. It was very hurtful and I'm sure that relationship between Beth and the friend will permanantly be destroyed. Why did JW tell that secret in particular? Maybe to make herself look better to the group of girls? Maybe to gain their trust that the story JW was telling was true? I don't know. Again, WHAT HAPPENED that made JW start telling all? If Beth just wanted to take off with some guy, it makes no sense that she would bash her best friend? Something BIG is missing in this whole story so maybe JW is telling some truths, but certainly not the whole truth! Something had to have happened between Beth and JW for this type of betrayal to take place. We need to figure out what that was.

I think the WHAT HAPPENED is that Beth disappeared and she had to tell, especially if LE is looking at one of their husbands. Couldnt the betrayal be also that BETH LEFT JW holding the bag? It is possible. I wouldnt have a problem telling my friend when she got back.. welll yes, I told them all your secrets.. you didnt leave me a choice. They were ready to hang me from the highest tree. Which IMO is probably how JW would feel if whats shes telling is the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz