GUILTY IL - Bonnie Woodward, 46, murdered, Alton, 25 June 2010

Hopefully increasing the reward will cause someone to come forward. Thanks for posting, Idaho4Groenes. I hate seeing a devoted mother, or anyone for that matter, be forgotten.

This is very sad this one.....the lady really does seem like she has a heart of gold and has taken on alot...including adopting her deceased husbands children, one who has brain damage, and helping to bring up her grandchildren.....I really hope nothing bad has happened to her but as she has had no contact with a son she checks on constantly, it does not look very good at all...

I also dont like the coincidence of her daughter going missing and then she goes missing.....especially as it keeps being repeated that her daughter wanted to leave and was not happy at home.........I really hope that she has not been harmed because of the daughter.....

Three charged in girl's disappearance, stepmother still missing.

Madison County prosecutors on Friday charged 41-year-old Christine M. Scheffel of East Alton with obstructing justice. Scheffel allegedly lied to a police officer on June 28 about Heather's whereabouts. The charge is a Class 4 felony.
Prosecutors also charged Roger W. Carroll, 44, and Monica Carroll, 44, with harboring a runaway -- Heather Woodward -- at their home in rural Jersey County from june 17 through July 3. Harboring a runaway is a misdemeanor.

full article at link:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_b68b6540-9907-11df-85a2-00127992bc8b.html

Still no news on Bonnies whereabouts.

Where is Bonnie Woodward?

Three weeks ago today, Bonnie Woodward walked off her job and into thin air.

The case has agonized her extended family and baffled police. Everyone wants to know: How could the mother of a 16-year-old special needs son, a woman who stayed in close touch with most of her eight brothers and sisters, simply have disappeared?

"She vanished," said her sister, Bobbie Valdes. "It's like she never existed - and I know she existed."

[snip]

Dean is organizing a benefit that will be held starting at 11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 8, at Hurley's Saloon, a family restaurant in Mount Olive. The daylong event, which will feature music, food and prizes, will raise money to meet family expenses. The proceeds also may be applied to the $5,000 reward that the family is offering to find Woodward, who is white, 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 240 pounds, with blonde hair and green eyes.

Interest is such that even a Facebook page has been launched, under "Please Help Find Bonnie Woodward."

Police said this week they are continuing their investigation but have no new details to release.

Much more info at link: http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/woodward-42623-family-police.html

Anyone able to find the Facebook page launched to help find Bonnie???

I can't find it.

Also, I noticed Bonnie's sister posted in the comments under this news report.

Why is there nothing being reported about this woman's disappearance.

IMO, there are erie similiarities between Bonnie Woodward & Beth Bentley >>>>> besides the fact that both women recently disappeared from from Illinois!!!!!!!!

NEITHER, are being reported on by the media!!!!!

What is up with that?????

I can't find the facebook group either.
Wondering who the guy was she seen talking to.

Bonnie where are you?
Come home safely!

I got sick when I saw activity in this thread. I was afraid this was bad news.

Here posters for Bonnie are everywhere. It comes on the news now and again because of the charges against the people hiding the stepdaughter with them. I have a relative that is friends with the family, she heard the reason why there is no news is because the police have nothing more to go on. The trail has gone cold. Hopefully the family has raised enough from the fundraiser to increase the reward or hire their own PI. The family has not forgotten Bonnie at all, I promise you. She is very loved.

Personally, I think everyone gets way more interested in young pretty blonde girls that go missing. That's why I try to pay attention to the older women missing more. Someone has to be their voice.

Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1431876846#!/group.php?gid=128323950540457&ref=ts

TY t93! I just read on the fb Bonnies case was on Nancy Grace last night?

Please keep us posted with what you can as a local.

No leads? Was the man she was talking to in the car ever id'd?

My son was graduating last night from his first leg of nursing school, he got his pin last night, so I missed NG.

My relative is good friends with a member of BW's family, and the last I heard the case is very cold and they are not actively investigating. There just isn't any new evidence to investigate. They only have the little report of some guy talking to Bonnie immediately before she vanished, I'm not even sure anyone got a clear description of the car. I am hoping the NG profile will light a fire.

Alton isn't the best area in a lot of spots. I'll be honest-the income level on the immediate East side of St. Louis is not so high. There are communities on the East Side which are very wealthy-as a matter of fact, Glen Carbon, which is not terribly far from Alton, maybe 30 minutes, is one of the top 100 places to live in America, full of multi-million dollar houses. However, you go 15 minutes from Glen Carbon , you hit areas with 38% or more poverty level. From what I understand, however, all of these places, (including East St. Louis, which is just about as scary as any bad area in Chicago,NY or LA unless you are going to the gambling boat) are relatively safe in the daytime. Bonnie disappeared in the daytime.

I do know that from everything I have been told, there was no way in HELL BW would still be missing by her choice. She was completely devoted to her dead husbands son. I fear the worst.

I noticed on BW's adopted daughters FB (that IS the once missing and now located daughter - HW) that the oldest daughter (JP aka JN) claims as recently as July 22nd that there IS an ongoing investigation in process.

Just saying...

(Not sure if I'm allowed to link THAT FB, she is 18 now....?? perhaps someone will advise...TIA)

It is ongoing, there just wasn't anything new as of two weeks ago when we discussed it. The police really didn't have much to go on from the get go. I guess I worded it wrong. This is also, of course, second hand news to me so you know how that translates. I don't think this family will EVER give up on pushing for answers. They just had a fundraiser to help with the family expenses and to find her.

I have only recently read over this case and just a gut feeling that the SD knows more then what is being said here. She did not come forward for awhile even after Bonnie was reported missing ...um Hello you would think that with your mom missing you would be highly concerned for her where abouts and come out of the woodwork right away to help look for her......

Wonder if Bonnie had a life insurance policy ....

This of course is moo ...

2 things on the Facebook page new this morning:

Apparently the people harboring the stepdaughter were a former teacher and her spouse.

Bonnie told the stepdaughter she had to go get a job, hence the fight.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back