GUILTY IL - Carrie Olson, 29, Rock Island, 28 Dec 2013

I am from the Quad Cities, though reside in Texas now.

Just wondering: how much attention is this case receiving in the QC area? It has been several weeks since Carrie has been missing and it just seems like NO information is coming out.

http://wqad.com/2014/01/14/reward-offered-in-search-for-missing-davenport-woman/

Posted on: 9:30 am, January 14, 2014,
by Shellie Nelson,
updated on: 09:53am, January 14, 2014

A reward fund has been set up to aid in the search for Carrie Olson, who has been missing since a few days after Christmas.

carrie1.jpg

http://wqad.com/2014/01/14/reward-offered-in-search-for-missing-davenport-woman/

Olson, 29, was last seen around 4 p.m. Saturday, December 28, 2013 at a gas station at 38th Street and 18th Avenue in Rock Island, Illinois. A surveillance camera captured images of her getting gas at that time.

The next day, the same camera reportedly captured video of a man getting gas again in Olson’s car.

Have they ever mentioned that the man who was seen on the camera pumping gas was actually her ex? And if not, why aren't we seeing this footage and be on the lookout for him?

Some comments from the FB state that the ex is actually a POI, and the LE has been to his house a few times, but the LE hasn't said anything. Wish they would give us a little bit of news. Even just to state they are still working this.

I am from the Quad Cities, though reside in Texas now.

Just wondering: how much attention is this case receiving in the QC area? It has been several weeks since Carrie has been missing and it just seems like NO information is coming out.

i live an hour away (south of the area, so just my :twocents:) and watch WGN and ABC7...but haven't seen it yet. I e-mailed them yesterday and got a "thank you" for a response.

Now FaceBook is going good it seems, i've seen it shared numerous times by many friends, so you think that would be all the more reason for the news to pick it up.

I keep wondering why this thread is only on page 2, always ending up with the thought that it's probably because it's so obvious that whatever happened to her, this Tim was involved. Seriously, who lends their car, complete with purse and coat, to an ex boyfriend so he can get out of town with his girlfriend?

Her FB readers all have good questions, and they are all the same ones we have. I hope the detective is gathering info like a money trail and cell phone pings and info from the girlfriend. TM had a lot of time and if he did something to her, she could have been in the trunk and could be anywhere in the US. Or she could be right there behind the gas station. I guess there's nowhere to begin to look. He's either very crafty or very ignorant. imo

She's putting gas in her car Sat afternoon.
TM is putting gas in the car Sun morning.
That's a lot of filling up. Some drivin' was done Sat night, IMO. So much so, that he needed to gas up again before he went to pick up his girlfriend.

Reading this thread made my stomach hurt. Pfft. What a story.. Here my ex honey, just take my car, with my coat and purse, and take your new girl to vegas. Just leave my car and stuff at the airport til you get back.. kiss kiss. See you soon????

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

She put gas in at 4 on the 28th.
She was seen at the same 7 11 3:34 am the 29th
He returns and fuels the car at 7 am..
So whatever happened to her happened between 3:34 and 7 am--more than likely imo
I wonder were they putting 5 bucks in, filling it up..that could go a long way, maybe, to how far it had been driven in roughly 17 hrs...what did she purchase at 3:34 am?
Did he use her cards? Where/when was the last phone ping? Have they searched that area?

The last ping on the phone was near Camden Park in Milan, IL. I don't see where they mentioned the time of that ping. What's weird is right between the Park and the 7-Eleven is Quad Cities International Airport. Why her ex flew out of Minneapolis to go to Vegas is a mystery. That had to have taken him about a half of day to get there. And from the looks of the map it's not a straight shot. Does his new GF live in MN?

I wonder if they had dogs go through the car to see if they got a hit that a body had been in there. Could she have been in the trunk of the car when he was fueling up at 7am? Could he have had her someplace else while he was fueling up? Was he on his way out of town then? If she was in the trunk, she could have been dumped anywhere between IL and MN. What a scary and sad thought.

Apparently they had another search yesterday for her phone and wallet. So much snow on the ground right now. I hope they find something soon.

The last ping on the phone was near Camden Park in Milan, IL. I don't see where they mentioned the time of that ping. What's weird is right between the Park and the 7-Eleven is Quad Cities International Airport. Why her ex flew out of Minneapolis to go to Vegas is a mystery. That had to have taken him about a half of day to get there. And from the looks of the map it's not a straight shot. Does his new GF live in MN?

Yes, in his statement, he said that he drove to Minneapolis to pick up his girlfriend:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=639860179389534&id=637421096300109

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=646312888744263&id=637421096300109&stream_ref=10

According to Find Carrie Olson, TM has lawyered up, has refused a polygraph, and is not assisting with the search for Carrie in any way.

To me, that speaks volumes.

I actually went to school with TM, though never had any contact with him beyond knowing who he was and seeing him the halls, etc.

Sad. Hopefully Carrie is found so that her family and friends can have some closure. I hate to be pessimistic, but this is not looking good.

Saw that on her FB page. They said it is going to be cazy cold. Like 2 degress with windchills in the -20's. I hope they all stay safe.

There has to be something that would make them go out there today especially with Dexter the Dog. It seems like their first organized search. Maybe this is the only time that they can get the dog out there? Can a dog even find anything with the snow and the temps so low. I just find it weird that if unless they have received a tip on where her body might be, why they would bring a cadaver dog out there.

Rob says his dogs have everything to find anything. They can stay warm in cold temperatures and their noses are 40,000 time stronger than a human, Rob said.

Oops, just read the whole article. Did not know they had dogs that could search for anything. Hopefully they will find at least her wallet or her phone.

Robert Larson and his team of canines began searching for Carrie Olson, a missing Davenport woman, this morning despite the frigid temperatures.

Larson said he does not have as many volunteers out helping as he had hoped because of the brutal cold and wind chill, but he plans to continue searching at least through the weekend.

The group is heading this afternoon to Sunset Park in Rock Island, where another person's body was found earlier this week.

Per Mar Security Services has funded a $10,000 reward for information leading to Olson's whereabouts.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/illin...cle_75774550-3ba1-52a9-b92d-6cdc6493570d.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back