Resolved IL - Chicago, Male, Race unknown, Found in RV with Drivers License, 30 Oct 2017 - Name withheld

NamUs case number 17261:
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/17261

Pictures include a Missouri drivers license with a St Louis address; the name Daniel Ismael Aguilar; DOB 1/23/83. He was found in an RV behind a building in Chicago.

I have located someone on social media and websites with this name and with ties to Chicago and St Louis. I don't find any social media footprint from this person beyond Feb 2017. The drivers license picture is similar to the pictures on SM but I just can't tell for sure. However the SM indicates a wife and lots of friends so it seems odd that he would go unreported/unclaimed.

Suggestions for how to rule this person in/out?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing any activity from his wife either, and I think they might have been on the move, which is why people might not have noticed them being missing. Looks like the wife's mom has been out of the country, and the only direct family member I'm seeing for Daniel was a Grandma in Chicago. She might not have been in any position to report him missing. Several of the groups that they're members of would be naturally suspicious of police and would probably not be eager to contact them for any reason. If this is the same man, however, there will be DNA in the criminal system, since he'd spent time in jail previously.

I'm not seeing any activity from his wife either, and I think they might have been on the move, which is why people might not have noticed them being missing. Looks like the wife's mom has been out of the country, and the only direct family member I'm seeing for Daniel was a Grandma in Chicago. She might not have been in any position to report him missing. Several of the groups that they're members of would be naturally suspicious of police and would probably not be eager to contact them for any reason. If this is the same man, however, there will be DNA in the criminal system, since he'd spent time in jail previously.
They don't take DNA from everyone who is incarcerated though. Do we know his past offenses? I've seen some things he wrote online but have been unable so far to locate arrest records.

He says he spent 5 months in the Cook County Jail. I'm assuming that's a length of time that will also get your DNA put in the system. I have a friend that was mistaken for someone else and arrested, and they took his DNA even though he was never even charged with a crime.

Any hoo... This link shows his inmate identification card: https://thetatteredrose.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/a-personal-prayer-of-repentance/

He says he spent 5 months in the Cook County Jail. I'm assuming that's a length of time that will also get your DNA put in the system. I have a friend that was mistaken for someone else and arrested, and they took his DNA even though he was never even charged with a crime.

Any hoo... This link shows his inmate identification card: https://thetatteredrose.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/a-personal-prayer-of-repentance/

Kaylara... Since you share social activism people on SM, is it unusual for someone who is so politically and social active to discontinue their blogs, posts, etc. so suddenly?

If you look at Mr. Aguilar's social media you will see that he is the height stated on his DL. A difference of 8" between him and the UID.

I'm questioning whether this may be Mr. Aguilar's son, who oddly fits the physical parameters ...
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/41487/7/

IMO this should be submitted. Aguilar is not a common last name. Physical description and location fit.

Kaylara... Since you share social activism people on SM, is it unusual for someone who is so politically and social active to discontinue their blogs, posts, etc. so suddenly?
To me, that's a big red flag. I can't think of any other activists who have just dropped off all social media like that.

Some courts, such as in Illinois, have ruled that if you're charged with a crime you must provide a DNA sample for testing. An Illinois appellate court recently ruled taking a swab from a suspect's cheek is non-intrusive, and doesn't violate any constitutional privacy rights.

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/criminal/criminal-law-basics/dna-sampling-crime-investigation-and-your-rights.html

Just my two cents: the DMV has been known to print typos on driver's licenses.

I have one friend who had the wrong eye color put down.

I have another friend who had their middle name wrong (two letters were reversed) but he didn't have it reprinted (since he was lazy I guess and realized this after leaving).

With that being said, it's less likely, maybe not unlikely, but it is possible that the DMV typed the height incorrectly.

I wouldn't rule this guy out based on height alone. Typos happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I could piece together, it seems like he and his wife were planning on travelling to continue their activism in other places. This wouldn't be surprising, his MIL appears to travel the world doing exactly that. As for being a former heroine addict, he could have died from natural causes due to that former drug abuse. I have a friend who died last year of natural causes who was 37 years old, and clean. But she'd spent 20 years doing black tar heroine. It took a huge physical toll on her body. It could have been the same for Daniel.

From what I could piece together, it seems like he and his wife were planning on travelling to continue their activism in other places. This wouldn't be surprising, his MIL appears to travel the world doing exactly that. As for being a former heroine addict, he could have died from natural causes due to that former drug abuse. I have a friend who died last year of natural causes who was 37 years old, and clean. But she'd spent 20 years doing black tar heroine. It took a huge physical toll on her body. It could have been the same for Daniel.
I see Daniel had some online activities very lately, including updating his FB profile photo just yesterday. imo

I had some people contact me to let me know. I am trying to see if anyone has spoken to or contacted him because that is an old picture. I asked them to tell him to contact the Cook County Medical Examiners office.

NamUs case number 17261:
NamUs

Pictures include a Missouri drivers license with a St Louis address; the name Daniel Ismael Aguilar; DOB 1/23/83. He was found in an RV behind a building in Chicago.

I have located someone on social media and websites with this name and with ties to Chicago and St Louis. I don't find any social media footprint from this person beyond Feb 2017. The drivers license picture is similar to the pictures on SM but I just can't tell for sure. However the SM indicates a wife and lots of friends so it seems odd that he would go unreported/unclaimed.

Suggestions for how to rule this person in/out?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I am friend of Danny Aguilar & wanted to thank you for your post & let you know that the Cook County Medical Examiner finally confirmed to me today that the body does NOT match the driver's license. I had called back in the spring & they hadn't made a DNA match yet & I let them know that Danny's DNA should be in CODIS because I know DHS took a swab when he was arrested at a protest at the federal courthouse in St Louis in August 2015.
Unfortunately, I still don't know anyone who's heard from Danny or his wife since October 1, 2017. They were homeless & struggling with addiction in Chicago & reached out to my mom for help through Facebook Messenger at the end of September but then we lost contact. Hopefully they are still alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back