Resolved IL - Chicago, Male, Race unknown, Found in RV with Drivers License, 30 Oct 2017 - Name withheld

I am friend of Danny Aguilar & wanted to thank you for your post & let you know that the Cook County Medical Examiner finally confirmed to me today that the body does NOT match the driver's license. I had called back in the spring & they hadn't made a DNA match yet & I let them know that Danny's DNA should be in CODIS because I know DHS took a swab when he was arrested at a protest at the federal courthouse in St Louis in August 2015.
Unfortunately, I still don't know anyone who's heard from Danny or his wife since October 1, 2017. They were homeless & struggling with addiction in Chicago & reached out to my mom for help through Facebook Messenger at the end of September but then we lost contact. Hopefully they are still alive.

Thank you for this.

Welcome to Websleuths as well!

NamUs case number 17261:
NamUs

Pictures include a Missouri drivers license with a St Louis address; the name Daniel Ismael Aguilar; DOB 1/23/83. He was found in an RV behind a building in Chicago.

I have located someone on social media and websites with this name and with ties to Chicago and St Louis. I don't find any social media footprint from this person beyond Feb 2017. The drivers license picture is similar to the pictures on SM but I just can't tell for sure. However the SM indicates a wife and lots of friends so it seems odd that he would go unreported/unclaimed.

Suggestions for how to rule this person in/out?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Have they been removed from NamUS I cannot get the link to work and when I type in the # I come up with nothing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181129-224539_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181129-224539_Samsung Internet.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
The medical examiner's office said they would be removing it from NameUS because they've IDed the body, but I can still see it, so I guess they haven't gotten to it yet. I don't know if they have any family who might have filed a missing persons report. They could still be on the streets or in a homeless shelter or drug rehab in Chicago.

The medical examiner's office said they would be removing it from NameUS because they've IDed the body, but I can still see it, so I guess they haven't gotten to it yet. I don't know if they have any family who might have filed a missing persons report. They could still be on the streets or in a homeless shelter or drug rehab in Chicago.
Thank you very much for the update

You can report them missing. It doesn't have to be a family member who files that report. I'd hate to think that they might be out there missing or one of the unidentified and no one notices for years and years.

Yes, please report them all as missing.

I can't look up the case on NamUs anymore so it appears they did remove it now.

I can’t see the report. Hopefully they have been identified and can go home to family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back