IL IL - Chicago, NtvMale, 30yo, UP14297. Died of Suicide. February 1985.

I might have found a possible match. The stats and physical appearance fit, but he disappeared from Ohio.

Mohan Chandra Vellanki

Edit: the uid was found approx. two weeks after Mohan was last seen on June 2nd. I first thought I made a mistake, because it says february in the headline of the thread, but they obviously updated the date as well.

Last edited:
I might have found a possible match. The stats and physical appearance fit, but he disappeared from Ohio.

Mohan Chandra Vellanki

Edit: the uid was found approx. two weeks after Mohan was last seen on June 2nd. I first thought I made a mistake, because it says february in the headline of the thread, but they obviously updated the date as well.
I think you’re right!

Huh, I checked his profile that is still up here Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP14297 (PM warning) and the date of recovery is now June 2, 1985. I think there was a confusion between 02/06 and 06/02.

ETA: Doh, I missed @mandarini 's post about the date having been changed months ago.

Yeah, it really was confusing and when they first uploaded the UID's profile, there was unfortunately not much to go on.

Wow, so it really might be him. It is sad, he was so young, but at least his family might get some answers. I did not submit the match, because I am not from the US. But someone else must have made the connection with the recently added information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back