Found Deceased IL - Danielle Son, 22, & Sergio Quiroz, 25, Rockford, 17 Feb 2018

This is Danielle Son's dad. I'm looking for any information that may help. The police are not giving us any information as I have been searching the whole city of Rockford. To set the story straight Danielle and Sergio have been kidnapped by Hand Son and his family is hiding information. Please help me with any information you may find.

Welcome, Mr. Feldberg. I'm so sorry to hear of the situation with your daughter. The folk here are very supportive and their skills are amazing! The best way you can help WS help you is to become a Verified Insider in the case. Once a VI you can give any/all information you feel comfortable with and the sleuths will get busy.

Your family has my prayers for a quick and peaceful resolution.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Welcome to Websleuths! I'm sorry for the situation that brought you here and I hope it is resolves soon with your daughter being found safe. I hope you can come back and tell us more but please do try to get verified as flute4peace said. Because anyone could come here and post anything claiming to know people in a case, Websleuths requires verification for the posts to remain. They try really hard to keep rumors or incorrect info off the threads. Here is the link to information on how to become a Verified Insider: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

Missing persons’ families in Rockford plead for help finding loved ones

ROCKFORD — The parents of a missing woman said Wednesday that they believe their daughter is alive and are asking for help finding her.

Jon and Carol Feldberg of Rockford think their daughter’s estranged husband, who was charged with domestic battery about a month ago, may be responsible for the disappearances. Danielle Son, 22, and her boyfriend, Sergio Quiroz, 25, and Hand Son, 26, her estranged husband, have all been missing since last weekend.

Rockford Police Chief Dan O’Shea said at a news conference Tuesday that no one had been able to find the three missing persons and that they are considered “endangered.” On Wednesday, the Feldbergs called a news conference outside Danielle Son’s home, which was still under watch by police as a crime scene. Hand Son’s family did not attend.
“We think she is OK,” said Danielle Son’s grandmother Donna Lee Feldberg of Belvidere. She and Carol Feldberg found the Sons’ daughters — 2 years old and 11 months old — on Monday morning alone and unharmed in Danielle Son’s home in the 800 block of 10th Avenue. “We don’t know where to look anymore.”
http://www.rrstar.com/news/20180221...in-rockford-plead-for-help-finding-loved-ones

Father says daughter’s car and missing dog found
Son’s white 2007 Toyota Scion with red wheels or rims also is missing. The Illinois license plate number on the vehicle is 915407.
Jon Feldberg said police had found his daughter’s Ford Edge on Monday night at a hotel on East State Street and “her purse was on the passenger seat.” He said her eyeglasses were found in her home. “She needed them to drive,” he said.
He also said that police had found Myra, a pit bull, one of Sons’ two missing dogs. He said police would not say where the dog, which had an implanted identification chip, was found. Chevy, a German Shepherd, remains missing, he said.

A spokeswoman for the police department said Wednesday that police would not release additional information or answer questions.
http://www.rrstar.com/news/20180221...in-rockford-plead-for-help-finding-loved-ones

Feldberg said it was “weird” that a neighbor of Danielle Son’s had heard the dogs barking outside about 9 p.m. on Saturday. “She would not leave her dogs out that late,” he said. She had left her grandmother’s house in Belvidere about 6 p.m. Saturday.

Feldberg couldn’t reach his daughter on her cellphone on Sunday, so on Monday he called the pharmaceutical company where she worked and where he used to work to find out whether the company was closed for the Presidents Day holiday. The business was open.
That’s when he discovered she hadn’t showed up to work. His wife and mother went to the home Danielle Son had shared with Hand Son before she got a restraining order against him on Jan. 14. Police said in a report that she had red marks on her wrist, arms and chest after the couple fought over his accusation that she was “cheating” on him. He was charged with domestic battery.

Oh gosh. I’m hopeful that she is okay and dad becomes a VI, but man...these cases are never good. Glad that he at least didn’t take the babies, too. Always such a scary period for women, when leaving an abused. Sounds like divorce proceedings sparked this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE: ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) -- Loved ones are speaking out after three people go missing, leaving two children at home alone.

Now family members are revealing the history behind the disappearances.

"It's devastating right now, not knowing what's going on, what's happened. Where they could be, if they're safe, if they're dead or alive, anything," said Danielle Son's father John Feldberg.

John says he talked to his daughter at least once a day, until February 17th.
"She didn't show up at my house at 6:30 in the morning to drop the kids off like usual. I was texting her, getting no response. I thought it was kind of weird. I called the police," said John.
Police searched Danielle's 10th Avenue home, where she lived with her boyfriend 25-year-old Sergio Quiroz. They found nothing. The couple, along with Danielle's estranged husband Hand Son seemed to have vanished.
Danielle's grandmother, Donna Lee Feldberg, says she's lost without her only granddaughter.

"This is something that happens to somebody else, you know, not to us. And that's why it's so devastating," said Donna Lee.

Family members say Hand and Danielle's relationship started off well in the beginning but had a rough end, resulting in a restraining order. They say she saw Sergio as a fresh beginning.

Although there's no record of a restraining order, court documents show Hand faces domestic battery charges after he allegedly abused Danielle in January. Danielle also filed for divorce on Feb. 16.
John says, no matter what happened, he just wants answers.
"We just want them back, regardless if they are deceased. We just want the bodies, even, so that we can take it, put an end to it," said John.
Police are still keeping a 24-7 watch over the home. They also ask the public to keep an eye out for Hand Son's car, a White Toyota Scion with red wheels or rims. Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
http://www.wifr.com/content/news/Ro...ing-people-foul-play-suspected-474613573.html

Welcome to Websleuths, JonFeldberg. I'm very sorry for the circumstances surrounding your having to join us here.

Is Hand's car equipped with an IPass for the tollway? Has there been activity on that IPass account?

Is he originally from Rockford? Another city he may have ties to? Friends or family whose driveways or public streets nearby where the car may be parked?

Is there a possibility he may have flown out?
If so, I would check the Van Galder Bus Co. paid parking area as well as the Holiday Inn (not to be confused with Holiday Inn Express) as those are pick-up points for the bus service to O'Hare Airport just to rule out the car being parked at either of those places. The Clocktower Resort used to be an additional parking and pick up area for the bus service, however it seems that resort has closed so I am guessing there are no longer pickups and free parking there?

I didn't find a restraining order for Hand in my search yesterday; the above report indicates the same findings in their search for such order.

10th Avenue (800 block)
A rough area of town.

Have neighbors been cooperative with providing any information or tight-lipped?

ROCKFORD — The body of Danielle Son, 22, was found Thursday morning, her father, Jon Feldberg, told the Register Star.

He said his family is “trying to hold it together,” but he declined to provide more information, saying he “had to go.”

Winnebago County Coroner Bill Hintz confirmed the bodies of a woman and man were found Thursday in Blackhawk Park, but he did not say their identities. Hintz was called to Blackhawk Park at 5 a.m.
Rockford Police Department will hold a news conference at 11:30 a.m. at police headquarters. A news release said an update on a missing persons case will be provided. No other information was offered.
http://www.rrstar.com/news/20180222...wk-park-in-rockford-amid-missing-persons-case

Embracing the victims families with love and strength. May justice be swift and severe. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=1]UPDATE: Family members say body of missing Rockford woman found in Blackhawk Park[/h]
UPDATE: ROCKFORD, Ill. (WIFR) -- Family members tell 23 News that the body of Danielle Son, 22, and her boyfriend, Sergio Quiroz, 25, were found this morning in Blackhawk Park, off 15th Avenue in Rockford.

A great aunt, Susan Swanson, said Danielle's estranged husband, Hand Son, 26, is at a local hospital after trying to commit suicide.
Rockford police plan to hold a news conference at 11:30 a.m. today to issue an update on the missing persons case.

Officers have marked a crime scene in Blackhawk Park. Police will not say if that is connected to the disappearance of the three people.
WIFR has a crew on the scene at Marinelli Field and will cover the news conference live on wifr.com and on WIFR's Facebook page.

http://www.wifr.com/content/news/Ro...ing-people-foul-play-suspected-474613573.html

I'm so sorry, Mr. Feldberg.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/23WIFR/videos/vb.53942761185/10155297505346186/?type=3&theater

Wed, Feb 21 a warrant was issued for Hand Son on 2 counts of kidnapping
Thursday, Feb 22 approx 4 AM detectives located Hand Son's vehicle (White Toyota Scion)
Vehicle was traveling near 10th st and 12th ave
Detective followed vehicle at low speed
At the same time they made contact with Hand Son via cell phone
Detectives tried to get Hand to surrender but he refused
They followed him for several blocks until they attempted a traffic stop at 2500 block of 11th Street
Hand refused to stop and struck another vehicle, then drove onto the shoulder, over a mound of snow
Car landed on the roof
As LE approched the car they heard a gun shot
They found Hand Son in the car with a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head
He was taken to the hospital where he succumbed to his injuries
Shortly after the crash, detectives followed leads to Black Hawk Park and found remains of
Danielle Son and Sergio Quiroz

This is an ongoing investigation.

No cause of death for Danielle and Sergio will be released until after autopsy.

I am so sorry this has happened. Keeping the families close to my heart.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back