Identified! IL - DuPage Co., Boy, 3-5, found in laundry bag, Oct'05 - Atzel Olmedo

NanaMcZoo said:
[font=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]Thinking back to Ted Turner and his zillions...starting up CNN,etc... why couldn't someone...( NON-POLITICAL ) i.e.,Donald Trump,Bill Gates,Oprah, etc.....start a show focusing on the MISSING...24/7...I mean how hard could it be...they would have a new listing every second so it would be fresh news, unfortunately....then have special times to hi-lite the older missing cases. I know,not everyone would watch,but I think a lot would. Especially if it were commercial free,unless of course they were to offer safety items...like the Carly Alarm backpack,etc...just rambling thoughts...wondering what it's gonna take,to stop the madness. [/font]

[font=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]I snatched the above from my own forum instead of trying to re-type what I wrote....I think your idea is more plausible tho. The bottom line is,most people are curious...and would tune in just to check it out...and one of those people could have an epiphany and realize..."hey...I just saw that man/woman/child" and I CAN do something !!! Even the tiny town I'm in has a public access channel...maybe there is hope !!!

[/font]

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/ForGrantSeekers/

I just read a news update that the approximate age is three. I am sad to say that this may be a case where a parent or guardian dumped the body and there is no missing person's report that will match.

mindi77 said:
Yeah that is what i was thinking...every town and place has public access.

And I want to comment on what you wrote reb I would hate to give and perps a heads up or right and wrong ways, but I already think they are a step ahead of us. I mean there are so many missing people and noone say anything and lots haven't been found.

I think about Shasta and how lucky she was to have been put on tv and talked about. Because that obviously saved her life, by people seeing her face. I imagine Duncan isn't possibly the only perv to have possibly done this, what if it has been lots of times, where they take the kid or something to eat or a gas station but since some kids don't get any media attention they would have likely not have been noticed. But I totally get what you are saying.

It would be nice if you could get a 24/7 channel and like the poster above said have commericals for safety items also little type commericals for safety info, teaching kids what to do and things to do and all that. We always tell them when we hear something and when something happens but the could really get in depth. Teach them exactlly how to knock the tail lights out if they are in a trunk or whatever we could teach them.

Anything that could save lots of people would be great....

John Walsh and some female have a video/DVD out now teaching kids how to protect themselves. I've seen it advertised several times recently. If I had little kids I would buy it for sure. I think it runs around $20.00. I'll bet that he
would happily advertise his video/DVD on a program like that.

We really need a program like described. Society should be willing to do everything in their power to stop this madness as someone stated. Everyday it seems that we hear of another person gone missing...people of every age.
Scares the heck out of me and breaks my heart.

Help sought in identifying remains

OCTOBER 11, 2005
By Bill Bird

<SNIP>
The body, believed to be that of a 3-year-old boy, was found at 4 p.m. Saturday by a man walking his dog along a creek bed, investigators said.

A sheriff's department's statement indicated detectives believe the boy was about 3 years old at the time of his death. He stood roughly 38½ inches tall, weighed between 25 and 30 pounds and had short black hair, according to the statement.

He was clad in a collarless, three-button navy blue shirt, navy blue pants and a nylon-cotton blend shell with a white liner, the statement indicated.
The clothing carried the Faded Glory brand and was in size 2T, according to the statement.

Additionally, an autopsy of the remains performed Sunday at DuPage County Coroner Peter A. Siekmann's office apparently failed to establish a cause of death. A message posted Monday on the coroner's Internet Web site indicated the autopsy results are "... pending further investigation."

Call for help

Those who know of a missing child fitting the boy's description are asked to call the DuPage County sheriff's office at (630) 407-2323, or its communications center, at (630) 407-2400.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/city/4_1_JO11_REMAINS_S1.htm

Wonder why they think he's 3yo when he wears a size 2T? My boys all wore 2T before they were 2yo. And the weight seems more like that of a 2yo. Faded Glory - is that K-mart or Walmart? They don't say what race or how long the poor little guy's been dead, but I hope someone out there know's of a missing boy!

Marie said:
Wonder why they think he's 3yo when he wears a size 2T? My boys all wore 2T before they were 2yo. And the weight seems more like that of a 2yo. Faded Glory - is that K-mart or Walmart? They don't say what race or how long the poor little guy's been dead, but I hope someone out there know's of a missing boy!
Well my son is over 2 and wears 18 month clothes. He's just slender.

The age is usually just a guess-timate. In looking for matches to the missing give a wide leeway.

Yes, I agree it's an estimate and toddlers come in all sizes. Just wish the article had mentioned such leeway; such as ages 18m to 3.5y. I worry that the 'right' people won't be wondering about this boy (the article says 3yo, but a babysitter hasn't seen an 18mo for 3 days, for example). Still, perhaps the teeth or something lead them to believe he's around 3yo. I hate these kind of cases 'cause it's usually the parent - the ones who were supposed to love and protect him are most likely the ones who killed him and DUMPED his body. What a horrible life for some children.

Prosecutor: Boy was murdered

Updated: October 11, 2005

DuPage County State's Attorney Joe Birkett says it appears that a small boy whose remains were recently discovered in a field was murdered.

The unidentified body was found on Saturday afternoon on unincorporated land between Naperville and Warrenville.

Authorities have not confirmed that the boy's death was a homicide, but Birkett said today that the child was likely murdered.

Birkett is asking residents to call authorities if they notice a toddler missing from their communities.

An autopsy has been performed, but the DuPage County coroner's office declined to provide any details.

The boy had short, black hair, weighed around 30 pounds and was wearing a navy blue collarless shirt and navy blue pants.

http://www.kwqc.com/Global/story.asp?S=3967414&nav=7k7NJ1IJ

I've checked my local news, and haven't heard yet if they have released this little boy's race. Is he caucasian? African-American? Certainly letting this information out into the public would greatly narrow down the search for this angel's identity.

That poor little guy. I can't stand to think of him laying out there all by himself like so much garbage to be thrown away. Just heartbreaking.

Sounds like his parents are involved to me. How else can you murder and throw away a child and not a word has been heard about a missing child of that child's age, etc. If these parents aren't guilty of murdering him then where are they. Why aren't they running around begging for help to find him and why no missing person report?

How will they find out who this little guy is? No dental records, no picture unless they can recreate his face. No fingerprints. Seems impossible but there must be a way. You would think a grandmother, friend, relatives, someone would notice that they hadn't seen the little guy in awhile and recognize him by the clothes he had on....approx age, height, and weight description.

I hope LE finds out something. This little should have a proper buriel.

From what I've read they're waiting for the autopsy to be completed before determining his race.

Last I heard (I'm from the area) LE was looking for any missing three year olds from across the US. They found none fitting the description, so they were expanding it to 2 to 5 year olds.

Another possibility is that this is the child of an undocumented alien from Mexico or Central or South America. There are a lot of immigrants from those countries in this area.

Is there any more information for this poor child ,have they identified him,how can a 3 year old not be missed by someone .

Marie said:
Yes, I agree it's an estimate and toddlers come in all sizes. Just wish the article had mentioned such leeway; such as ages 18m to 3.5y. I worry that the 'right' people won't be wondering about this boy (the article says 3yo, but a babysitter hasn't seen an 18mo for 3 days, for example). Still, perhaps the teeth or something lead them to believe he's around 3yo. I hate these kind of cases 'cause it's usually the parent - the ones who were supposed to love and protect him are most likely the ones who killed him and DUMPED his body. What a horrible life for some children.

Xrays of the skull and other bone structures for fusion can help determine age. For example- the three plates in your skull fuse together over time through adolescence- and the timeline has been vastly documented.

HesterMofet said:
Last I heard (I'm from the area) LE was looking for any missing three year olds from across the US. They found none fitting the description, so they were expanding it to 2 to 5 year olds.

Another possibility is that this is the child of an undocumented alien from Mexico or Central or South America. There are a lot of immigrants from those countries in this area.

He probably hasn't been reported as missing... Hopefully and aunt/uncle, grandparent or other family member will- like Precious Doe.

Facial Reconstruction May Help ID Boy's Body

State's Attorney: 'He Was Discarded Like A Piece Of Garbage'

UPDATED: October 25, 2005

CHICAGO -- The facial reconstruction of an unidentified boy who was found dead in a bag in a wooded area near Naperville earlier this month was expected to be completed within a few days, DuPage County sheriff's police said Monday.

The representation of the boy, whose remains were found near Ferry and Meadow roads in an unincorporated area on Oct. 8, was expected to be completed later this week, DuPage County sheriff's police spokeswoman Carol Roegner said Monday.

Roegner would not say what agency was assisting with the facial reconstruction and would not provide the results of an autopsy that had been performed on the boy, who police believe was about 3 years old.

DuPage County State's Attorney Joseph Birkett has said the starting point of the active investigation would be identifying the boy.

"He was discarded like a piece of garbage -- thrown away, and that certainly gives a strong indication that it was a homicide," Birkett said earlier this month. "There was evidence of concealment, which is evidence of a homicide."

The remains were found about 100 yards south of Ferry Road, and were likely discarded from a vehicle, Birkett said. He could not say how long the remains had been in the wooded area or describe the bag they were found in.

The boy was described in a sheriff's police news release as being about 38 inches tall, weighing between 25 and 30 pounds, and having short black hair. His race was unknown, the release said.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/5172688/detail.ht...994&dppid=65192

fourboys said:
Facial Reconstruction May Help ID Boy's Body

State's Attorney: 'He Was Discarded Like A Piece Of Garbage'

UPDATED: October 25, 2005

CHICAGO -- The facial reconstruction of an unidentified boy who was found dead in a bag in a wooded area near Naperville earlier this month was expected to be completed within a few days, DuPage County sheriff's police said Monday.

The representation of the boy, whose remains were found near Ferry and Meadow roads in an unincorporated area on Oct. 8, was expected to be completed later this week, DuPage County sheriff's police spokeswoman Carol Roegner said Monday.

Roegner would not say what agency was assisting with the facial reconstruction and would not provide the results of an autopsy that had been performed on the boy, who police believe was about 3 years old.

DuPage County State's Attorney Joseph Birkett has said the starting point of the active investigation would be identifying the boy.

"He was discarded like a piece of garbage -- thrown away, and that certainly gives a strong indication that it was a homicide," Birkett said earlier this month. "There was evidence of concealment, which is evidence of a homicide."

The remains were found about 100 yards south of Ferry Road, and were likely discarded from a vehicle, Birkett said. He could not say how long the remains had been in the wooded area or describe the bag they were found in.

The boy was described in a sheriff's police news release as being about 38 inches tall, weighing between 25 and 30 pounds, and having short black hair. His race was unknown, the release said.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/5172688/detail.ht...994&dppid=65192
Is there any possibility this is Erik Buran? He is 4, weighs about 38 pounds, is 3'6" tall, has sandy hair, so it isn't an exact match. But maybe his hair was dyed black.

Authorities say they have taken the first steps in trying to identify a little boy whose body was found earlier this month off a Naperville Township road.

While there are 700 to 800 boys across the US who were reported missing as toddlers, an official with the National Center for

Missing and Exploited Children says only about a dozen of them appear to match the dead boy's physical appearance.
http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=4019619&nav=3w6o

Police Use Sketch In Effort To Identify Dead Boy

Posted: October 28, 2005

Authorities on Friday released a forensic artist's sketch of a small boy whose remains were discovered in a field earlier this month and who police say might have been a homicide victim.

Photos:

http://img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_301192328/lg

http://img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_301192401/lg

The sketch shows a boy, three to four years old, with short black hair and wearing a navy blue shirt.

"We have spent literally thousands of man hours working on this case these past 21 days ... consulting with experts across the nation trying to find out who this little boy is and how he ended up dead and alone on the side of the road," DuPage County Sheriff John Zaruba said in a statement.

The sheriff's department said a cause of death was still under investigation and "the possibility of a natural or accidental death has not been ruled out." Earlier this month, DuPage County State's Attorney Joe Birkett said the manner in which the boy was found "would suggest a homicide."

The boy's body was found Oct. 8 on unincorporated land west of Chicago between the communities of Naperville and Warrenville. The body weighed 25 to 30 pounds and was found in a blue canvas laundry bag, police said.

Authorities said they have been working with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in an effort to match the boy's description with reports of missing children.

Police said an expert believes the boy is of East Asian or American Indian descent.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_301191959.html

lg
4008852_BG3.jpg

I found this image on the Duncan thread http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31121 and when I saw this little boy I thought they looked alike. I don't even know if the ages are similar and I
haven't read the posts but pics looked alike to me.

excuse please.....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea