IL IL - John Spira, 45, DuPage County, 23 Feb 2007

This happened so close to me and it was the reason I found this website but I never knew they had trouble putting the fire out cause bullet were exploding!! His ex and business partner seem like shady people. Has his ex received any money?

I don't know but his sister does maintain the johnspira.com site. She has some interesting information as well as personal theories at the site. If you haven't read it, I recommend doing so.

I find it odd is former business partner doesn't appear to be cooperating with police.

bumping to get back to the first page.

Prayers for John, Johns family and friends on this third anniversary of his disappearance.

The wife and the business partner both seem suspicious. Why would the wife sell off his personal belongings so quickly? Even if they had an acrimonious divorce, wouldn't someone hold on to things or at least leave them in the care of family/friends until he came home? Why would the wife and the business partner both refuse polygraphs? And the business 'mysteriously' burning down did it for me. That's a lot of odd circumstances!

It is LadyL. I am local to this case and every time I am in the area driving, I am constantly on the look out for something unusual that might be John. I can't get past the same feeling his sister has, that he is out here somewhere and just hasn't been found.

The fact that his car never left his work parking lot among what you listed. I wonder how 'friendly' or maybe in cahoots, his soon to be ex wife and business partner were. It appears they both had something to gain from John no longer being in the picture.

Plus his love and passion for his music. I just don't get the feeling he left willingly.

I don't have Discovery ID with my cable package, just basic, so I am hoping maybe someone will be able to get the episode on you tube so I can see it... or maybe will see if I can watch it at one of my family's homes.

I would also LOVE to have more details on the jobs this company was working at the time John disappeared. I wonder if he might be found in the vicinity of one of those job sites.

Spira’s disappearance will be featured next month as part of the Investigation Discovery cable channel show, “Disappeared.” The segment will air starting on March 15.

“I am hoping the show will bring new leads and interest to the case,” McNeil said. “The more people who know about the case, the better.”

The family has also engaged the services of a former federal prosecutor who McNeil said is the country’s foremost expert in prosecuting “no body” murder cases.

full article at link:

http://www.kcchronicle.com/articles/2010/02/22/18905485/index.xml

bump and bbm. Just a reminder it is getting closer to the airing of Johns case on investigative discovery Mar 15. Check your local listings for time.

John's episode coming up! Starts on Discovery ID channel at 9 p.m. CDT.

I did watch Disappeared tonight and am appalled that LE could think this man walked away from his life, even before the fire and the signs being destroyed. I think it is far too great a coincidence that this happened on the day they were finalizing a divorce where both parties were reluctant to give up the house.
We just had a case here in NM where a man's body who went missing 8 years ago was found, thanks to a tip, buried deep under the garage of wife's house. Her son apparently finally told someone that his mother had shot him and buried him in cement and that person told the police. They dug for almost a week before they found his remains.
I think that John may be buried under his business or on the grounds, in the missing plastic wrap. I don't think he was taken far from there, but could be wrong, since his cell phone pinged elsewhere...
I am very suspicious of ex-wife and was as soon as show started (had not heard of this case before) when they said it was divorce day...and she had her face blocked out on the show, refusing to be identified or take part...
The show will be replayed all week at various times and is worth watching, as far as I can tell, not knowing anything about the case, it seemed to do a good job. Do relatives feel case was covered accurately? I know these shows often do a less than stellar job.

IIRC, John's phone last pinged in the area of his wife's house. Was that mentioned tonight?

Johns cell phone last pinged in the area of his business, Universal Cable Construction at Rt 64/North Ave and County Farm Road in West Chicago/Carol Stream. I think it is a West Chicago address IIRC.

This is a copy of the cell phone ping map from http://www.johnspira.com/

Spira_Towers_2.jpg

From what I read on the family's web site, it seems they know who there "persons of interest" are. It's amazing they haven't been thoroughly investigated...

bumping for John.

I'm surprised more WS'rs haven't commented on seeing Johns story on Disappeared.

I don't have discovery id so will have to try and watch it elsewhere.

I did watch Disappeared tonight and am appalled that LE could think this man walked away from his life, even before the fire and the signs being destroyed. I think it is far too great a coincidence that this happened on the day they were finalizing a divorce where both parties were reluctant to give up the house.
We just had a case here in NM where a man's body who went missing 8 years ago was found, thanks to a tip, buried deep under the garage of wife's house. Her son apparently finally told someone that his mother had shot him and buried him in cement and that person told the police. They dug for almost a week before they found his remains.
I think that John may be buried under his business or on the grounds, in the missing plastic wrap. I don't think he was taken far from there, but could be wrong, since his cell phone pinged elsewhere...
I am very suspicious of ex-wife and was as soon as show started (had not heard of this case before) when they said it was divorce day...and she had her face blocked out on the show, refusing to be identified or take part...
The show will be replayed all week at various times and is worth watching, as far as I can tell, not knowing anything about the case, it seemed to do a good job. Do relatives feel case was covered accurately? I know these shows often do a less than stellar job.

I've never seen any family or friends post here at Websleuths regardings Johns case. Johns sister does keep the website/blog active and has been responding to some comments and questions from viewers there.

Here is the link again.

http://www.johnspira.com/

I'm a resident of DuPage county and I can tell you Johns case puzzles me.

The signs being torn down.
The remains of the burnt out building - which still stand - are an eye sore and not typical of leaving burnt out buildings in this area. There are some comments about the building at the above link..... It appears an arson investigation is dragging.... and this long, imo, is a bit too long.

I also find it VERY VERY suspicious that Johns former wife and his former business partner both lawyered up and neither are willing to take a polygraph.

I would love to know what jobs the company was doing about the time he went missing. If he is not within that highlighted area from the cell phone map, it is quite possible his remains - that is so hard to write, because I am still holding out a small bit of hope John is ok somewhere - are on a job site the company had at the time John went missing.

Just b/c his cell phone pings were in that area that is highlighted above...does not mean he or his phone or belongings are in that area. That's just where he PINGED. The phone could have been shut off and he could have been taken farther away.
He, more than likely is buried...as hard as that is to write. And finding him would be like finding a needle in a haystack :(
Do we know where the business partner was when John disappeared? His wife?
I hope/pray this case comes unraveled somehow...
Is there a PI hired by the family??

His business partner was the last person to see him alive. - from what I have read. And his wife had to be coerced to file a missing persons report.

I agree, his cell phone pinging there doesn't mean it was on Johns person. It could have been tossed in the grassy area around the building and John taken elsewhere.

I drove past the business that burnt down this morning, before 8:30am. I didn't see any signs of anyone being there or doing business out of a trailer there unless I couldn't see it from the road.

Also, there is a large missing persons banner on a chain link fence around the South West Corner of St. Charles Rd. and County Farm Rd. It looks like it has been there for a bit as it is weathered. Not terribly weathered, but it doesn't look new.

Well, I can imagine why the wife had to be coerced-

(I've been waiting to post on here for ages- I had an aol account, so I couldn't. I finally realized now I can post!! Anyway, I digress....)

We live down the street from where John and Suzanne lived before his disappearance. My husband worked in a public place where he was seen often by all the neighbors. One day, Suzanne comes in and my hubby is chatting with her and asked how John was, and she burst into tears saying "I''ve been replaced!" that he had a girlfriend.

They always seemed so nice, they had the nicest home in the neighborhood, nice cars- he had some sort of muscle car you could hear coming far down the street...Anyway, the home got foreclosed upon eventually and she moved back to her family, in New York, I beleive...

Well, I can imagine why the wife had to be coerced-

(I've been waiting to post on here for ages- I had an aol account, so I couldn't. I finally realized now I can post!! Anyway, I digress....)

We live down the street from where John and Suzanne lived before his disappearance. My husband worked in a public place where he was seen often by all the neighbors. One day, Suzanne comes in and my hubby is chatting with her and asked how John was, and she burst into tears saying "I''ve been replaced!" that he had a girlfriend.

They always seemed so nice, they had the nicest home in the neighborhood, nice cars- he had some sort of muscle car you could hear coming far down the street...Anyway, the home got foreclosed upon eventually and she moved back to her family, in New York, I beleive...

What do you think happened? Being your from the area. Are there any rumors?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back