IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

Regarding this shooter, Crimo, I have a specific question. If there were reports of alcohol-fueled domestic quarrels when the boy was two years of age, might prenatal exposure to this toxin also be the factor?

I wondered about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. I don't see the characteristics in facial structure, but social/emotional & developmentally, quite a few indicators just from reading the newspaper coverage.

A good synopsis & worth your time to read through imho.

Not excusing Crimo's actions, not in the least.

jmho ymmv lrr

"Robert 'Bobby' Crimo, 21, has pleaded not guilty to 117 counts after he was accused of killing seven people during an Independence Day attack in Highland Park, Chicago."

"Robert 'Bobby' Crimo, 21, has pleaded not guilty to 117 counts after he was accused of killing seven people during an Independence Day attack in Highland Park, Chicago."

Next court hearing 11/1/2022

"Boy, 8, paralyzed when his spine was severed by bullet in Highland Park Fourth of July parade massacre is 'hopeless, sad, angry' and in constant pain as he struggles to recover from the attack, his family says."
:(

"His family said they are sharing the stark depths of Cooper's struggle to show the world what really happens to shooting victims like him.

'There are layers upon layers of cruelty with being shot by a sniper. Most people don't witness the grueling aftermath of surviving these devastating wounds, physical and emotional,' they wrote."

Last edited:
"Boy, 8, paralyzed when his spine was severed by bullet in Highland Park Fourth of July parade massacre is 'hopeless, sad, angry' and in constant pain as he struggles to recover from the attack, his family says."

"His family said they are sharing the stark depths of Cooper's struggle to show the world what really happens to shooting victims like him.

'There are layers upon layers of cruelty with being shot by a sniper. Most people don't witness the grueling aftermath of surviving these devastating wounds, physical and emotional,' they wrote."

The video in the article above was a very difficult watch.

I wondered about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. I don't see the characteristics in facial structure, but social/emotional & developmentally, quite a few indicators just from reading the newspaper coverage.

A good synopsis & worth your time to read through imho.

Not excusing Crimo's actions, not in the least.

jmho ymmv lrr

I don't think he has FAS, but definitely there seems to be a problem. Most kids with FAS have executive functioning issues. They can't manage to plan their lunch, let alone the complexity of the steps to plan and execute a massacre. JMO.

However, maybe he has FAD? Something on the spectrum? That seems to fit.

I feel sorry for the eight year old who has multiple health issues. The life of his family has changed. Even more difficult is that he has a twin brother who did not get shot.

The issues with dealing with a child who is medically fragile...so enormous.

Last edited:

I haven‘t been able to get this little boy off of my mind. I’m praying that emerging technologies may allow him to possibly walk again one day.

Check this out. Paralysed man with severed spine walks thanks to implant

(CNN)Cooper Roberts, the 8-year old boy severely injured in the Fourth of July parade mass shooting in Highland Park, Illinois, may be experiencing some cognitive loss, according to his family.

(CNN)Cooper Roberts, the 8-year old boy severely injured in the Fourth of July parade mass shooting in Highland Park, Illinois, may be experiencing some cognitive loss, according to his family.

Poor little man. I often looked at newspapers when I taught school, and knew that eventually, I would be meeting with the child and parents in an assessment, or IEP meeting for placement in Special Education. Especially hard for this family, as his twin brother did not get injured. And the mom has her own gunshot wounds to deal with as well.

Their entire life is going to change. Is their house accessible for a wheelchair? Their automobile? So much goes into this, once he leaves the hospital. Their journey is just beginning.

Poor little man. I often looked at newspapers when I taught school, and knew that eventually, I would be meeting with the child and parents in an assessment, or IEP meeting for placement in Special Education. Especially hard for this family, as his twin brother did not get injured. And the mom has her own gunshot wounds to deal with as well.

Their entire life is going to change. Is their house accessible for a wheelchair? Their automobile? So much goes into this, once he leaves the hospital. Their journey is just beginning.

and that journey in the future will be very different for the two boys.

jmho ymmv lrr

Victims of a mass shooting that claimed the lives of seven people and injured dozens at a July 4 parade in Illinois have filed lawsuits against a gun manufacturer, the accused shooter and the shooter’s father, court documents show.

The civil lawsuits, filed Tuesday in Illinois’ Lake County Circuit Court, include the families of those killed as well as those who suffered physical or mental health complications because of the mass shooting in Highland Park, a suburb of Chicago, a news release from law firm Romanucci and Blandin states.

The plaintiffs claim that gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson marketed assault rifles through unfair and deceptive strategies to “appeal to the impulsive, risk-taking tendencies of civilian adolescent and post-adolescent males,” the lawsuits state.

At a case management conference Tuesday in Waukegan, Lake County Circuit Court Judge Victoria Rossetti was told that prosecutors have turned over 2,500 pages of written discovery to the attorneys representing Robert "Bobby" Crimo III.

Rosetti scheduled the next case management conference for Jan. 31 to allow the defense time to review the materials.

"Flashes 'Peace Sign'."? This is such a waste of tax payer time, money...there is absolutely zero doubt in this case. I wish that Congress would spend time on reviewing the judicial system, and make sweeping reform. What may have worked over 200 years ago, needs to be reviewed.

After all, we don't stay with the same medical system we had 200 years ago...why hasn't the judicial system been reformed as well? It shouldn't be "sacrosanct". Things have changed.

I would suggest that if a criminal meets 3 criteria for "terrorism", the criminal be treated like a war crimes criminal. With a separate set of rules. JMO.

"Flashes 'Peace Sign'."? This is such a waste of tax payer time, money...there is absolutely zero doubt in this case. I wish that Congress would spend time on reviewing the judicial system, and make sweeping reform. What may have worked over 200 years ago, needs to be reviewed.

After all, we don't stay with the same medical system we had 200 years ago...why hasn't the judicial system been reformed as well? It shouldn't be "sacrosanct". Things have changed.

I would suggest that if a criminal meets 3 criteria for "terrorism", the criminal be treated like a war crimes criminal. With a separate set of rules. JMO.
"He pled not guilty".
What does it even mean?
Wasn't he caught with proverbial "smoking gun"?
These trials of shooters are carbon copies of one another :(

Moo

"He pled not guilty".
What does it even mean?
Wasn't he caught with proverbial "smoking gun"?
These trials of shooters are carbon copies of one another :(

Moo
Right. This will be another long, drawn out drama, with the shooter as the "star". I almost think that is their goal. Look at the recent trial for the "Waukesha Parade Massacre". He acted like he was a Rockstar. It made a mockery of the rule of law and respect for authority.

(Edit: I included the Waukesha parade as a mass shooting...it was actually mass carnage using a vehicle. But same outcome and same media attention.).

Mass shooters/mass killers seem to want this type of attention. Time to take it away from them. Turn it into a quick, quiet, military trial, no cameras, and trip to Supermax. Done.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back