IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

It is high time some parents took responsibility for their own foolishness.

JMO

YES!!!

The state of Illinois has a procedure in place that could stop this dort of thing. Daddy -- who iirc called the police to the home because of the future shooter's frightening behavior -- thwarted that.

On the other hand, many many many crimes involve illegally obtained firearms.

Also -- high time for some courts to support the efforts of parents who seek guardianship of their adult children with significant issues!

RC III was in court today and prosecution has asked for more time for Discovery.

Sadly many Lobbying Groups and Illinois County Sheriffs are fighting the Illinois Assault Weapons ban that was just passed.

When will this end?

JMO

Last edited:
It has come out that he also had explosives. He decided not to bring them to the parade because they were too heavy in his backpack.

It's hard to imagine that day could have been even worse.

JMO

The City of Highland Park has several events planned for July 4, 2023, as the community marks one year since seven people were killed in a mass shooting at the 2022 Fourth of July parade.

The day will start with a remembrance ceremony, followed by a community walk along the parade route, a picnic, a concert and a drone show. The concert will feature Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band.

Online advance registration is required for some of the events.

Highland Park said the events have been "planned through a trauma-informed lens to balance the diverse needs of the community."

You can learn more at the City of Highland Park

Last edited:
1685364706969.jpeg
The hearing was held before Lake County Judge Victoria Rossetti.

Lake County Assistant State’s Attorney Ben Dillon, who is the chief of the Violent Crimes Unit, said his office has turned over an additional approximately 3,700 pages of material to the defense as part of the discovery process.

While that process remains ongoing, defense attorney Anton Trizna said he believes the sides may be ready to schedule a trial when they next meet for a hearing on Sept. 11.

“We believe at that point we’ll be able to set a meaningful trial date,” Trizna told the court Tuesday.

View attachment 425238
The hearing was held before Lake County Judge Victoria Rossetti.

Lake County Assistant State’s Attorney Ben Dillon, who is the chief of the Violent Crimes Unit, said his office has turned over an additional approximately 3,700 pages of material to the defense as part of the discovery process.

While that process remains ongoing, defense attorney Anton Trizna said he believes the sides may be ready to schedule a trial when they next meet for a hearing on Sept. 11.

“We believe at that point we’ll be able to set a meaningful trial date,” Trizna told the court Tuesday.

It seems to take a lot longer to prepare for trial these days. New use of digital evidence has been very helpful to prosecutors, but the time required for defense teams to examine video, audio, cell phone, GPS and all other types of digital evidence takes quite a while.

The City of Highland Park has several events planned for July 4, 2023, as the community marks one year since seven people were killed in a mass shooting at the 2022 Fourth of July parade.

The day will start with a remembrance ceremony, followed by a community walk along the parade route, a picnic, a concert and a drone show. The concert will feature Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band.

Online advance registration is required for some of the events.

Highland Park said the events have been "planned through a trauma-informed lens to balance the diverse needs of the community."

You can learn more at the City of Highland Park

I think it's important to note that there will be no traditional "parade" this year. The community event is simply letting people and their pets walk the parade route.

The feeling in the community is mixed. Many want to attend as a way of healing. Others aren't ready to go back yet.

After the tragedy last year, Highland Park and several surrounding communities offered a beautiful opportunity for people to talk about what happened. The rest of the summer, many residents had "Highland Park Strong" signs out and put seven yardchairs in their front yard. It was symbolic of the seven that lost their lives that day. It offered the opportunity for anyone wanting to talk to others a welcome place to gather. I saw a lot of people gathering in front yards. I'm sure many had never met before.

I suspect I will see the same this year.

JMO

Last edited:
I think it's important to note that there will be no traditional "parade" this year. The community event is simply letting people and their pets walk the parade route.

The feeling in the community is mixed. Many want to attend as a way of healing. Others aren't ready to go back yet.

After the tragedy last year, Highland Park and several surrounding communities offered a beautiful opportunity for people to talk about what happened. The rest of the summer, many residents had "Highland Park Strong" signs out and put seven yardchairs in their front yard. It was symbolic of the seven that lost their lives that day. It offered the opportunity for anyone wanting to talk to others a welcome place to gather. I saw a lot of people gathering in front yards. I'm sure many had never met before.

I suspect I will see the same this year.

JMO
I hope the community can heal from that terrible trauma. This year’s July 4 week will be a difficult one.

Illinois prosecutors charged Robert Crimo Jr. under a unconstitutionally vague law, his lawyers are expected to argue at a hearing in Waukegan, north of Highland Park where the shooting occurred. If Lake County Judge George Strickland allows the case to proceed, Crimo Jr.'s bench trial would start Nov. 6.

Crimo Jr. has pleaded not guilty to seven counts of reckless conduct, one for each person killed. Each count carries a maximum three-year prison term.

Prosecutors said he helped his son, Robert Crimo III, obtain a gun license even though the then-19-year-old had threatened violence.

A judge on Monday refused to dismiss the case against a father who helped his son obtain a gun license three years before authorities say the younger man fatally shot seven people at a 2022 Fourth of July parade in suburban Chicago.

The court's rulings mean Crimo Jr.'s Nov. 6 trial will go head as previously scheduled.

Robert Crimo Jr (the father) has just accepted a plea deal which includes 60 days of jail time.

"By sending him to jail it sends a strong message to others" - from press conference going on now.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back