IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

I watched the YouTube video by John Lordan (Searchlight Brain Scratch), and he observed that the clothing worn by Kierra in the CCTV footage of her walking near her car did not appear to him to be her work uniform. I have no experience with this clothing issue but I’m hoping someone else here does. Will somebody take a close look at what Kierra’s wearing to see if it actually is her official work uniform?

Apologies if this has already been done and I missed it. If she’s not wearing her work uniform, it would make more sense (to me, anyway).

According to a Huffington post article dated 10/15 it is not known if Kierra called in sick before or after she was seen on video. Perhaps there has been confirmation one way or the other since then, not sure. Of course, if she called in after she was seen in the surveillance video that puts an entirely different spin on things.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bc4ac2de4b01a01d68d0414/amp

Sorry to keep posting, but I saw back on page one of this thread a video in which Kierra’s mom confirms Kierra called in sick and talked to someone who recognized her voice. So she didn’t use the automated system even though that is the designated procedure for calling off work. The link from the USPS website, which I will paste below, says an employee must use the automated system. Not preferred or recommended, but required to use the automated system to report an absence. The more I ponder this the stranger it gets.

https://link.usps.com/2018/02/14/sick-call/

Sorry to keep posting, but I saw back on page one of this thread a video in which Kierra’s mom confirms Kierra called in sick and talked to someone who recognized her voice. So she didn’t use the automated system even though that is the designated procedure for calling off work. The link from the USPS website, which I will paste below, says an employee must use the automated system. Not preferred or recommended, but required to use the automated system to report an absence. The more I ponder this the stranger it gets.

According to the above link the employee must have their employee ID number when they call the automated system. There aren't too many people who would have access to Kierra's employee id.

Maybe this is one of those cases where it appears as if no progress is being made and suddenly were hearing of an arrest.

Kierra is not listed in NamUs.
The following is a long shot, unless she has ties to Detroit.

Unidentified Person Case
That person was charred from the fire. It's most likely the resident of the house. I think if the house was abandoned, LE would have stated so in the report. But at this point, any theory is almost viable as we have so little evidence.

I started out reading this thinking it would be the baby daddy. They've been together 5 years so I stop that thought. Now baby daddy is married to someone else and won't communicate with her family? I'm back to my first thoughts.

Oh and CPD, yes, this has been foul play for some time now.

It is very much like Laura Wallen. I have thoughts of little baby Arieanna too while reading this.
I was not familiar with the case but just had a read, how horrible. Perhaps the dynamic was interrupting his current relationship. It is just such a personal and aggressive act to cause harm to a pregnant woman, IMO it would not have been a stranger.

There are cases of fetal abduction, however it is a very rare occurrence Sword and Scale Episode 44

I was not familiar with the case but just had a read, how horrible. Perhaps the dynamic was interrupting his current relationship. It is just such a personal and aggressive act to cause harm to a pregnant woman, IMO it would not have been a stranger.

There are cases of fetal abduction, however it is a very rare occurrence Sword and Scale Episode 44

The difference with this and Laura's case is that LE were onto Tyler Tessier immediately. They didn't admit that they suspected him for some time, but unless you thought that Law Enforcement were completely stupid then it was just a ticking time bomb waiting for them to get that guy.

I say the difference with these two cases is because it looks that way. LE could be onto Kierra's boyfriend too and I hope they are. I feel his actions, or lack of, are stronger than his words, again, lack of.

I watched the YouTube video by John Lordan (Searchlight Brain Scratch), and he observed that the clothing worn by Kierra in the CCTV footage of her walking near her car did not appear to him to be her work uniform. I have no experience with this clothing issue but I’m hoping someone else here does. Will somebody take a close look at what Kierra’s wearing to see if it actually is her official work uniform?

Apologies if this has already been done and I missed it. If she’s not wearing her work uniform, it would make more sense (to me, anyway).

Honestly, I've looked at the video repeatedly and I go back and forth on whether that's actually her uniform. Now I really don't think it is. Most, if not all, of the jackets for carriers have reflective stripes on the back *and* front. I only see something white and reflective on the back of what she's wearing. Also, it looks like she's wearing a shirt or shorts with leggings underneath. That may be allowed in some stations but most would not allow that and I don't see why she wouldn't just wear pants if her legs were cold enough for leggings. Also, maybe it's just me but it appears to me that she's wearing a zip-up jacket/hoodie with a dark shirt underneath. There is a zip-up sweater for carriers but there's no reflective strip on the back. I suppose it's possible she added one herself if she wears it a lot. It kinda feels like she purposefully dressed similarly to the way she does for work (something that would look like it from far away) but not actually in her uniform.

According to the above link the employee must have their employee ID number when they call the automated system. There aren't too many people who would have access to Kierra's employee id.

Maybe this is one of those cases where it appears as if no progress is being made and suddenly were hearing of an arrest.

Anyone who has seen her paystub can get her employee ID number. Friends, family, pretty much anyone who's been to her house could have seen it laying on her coffee table or kitchen counter.

Anyone who has seen her paystub can get her employee ID number. Friends, family, pretty much anyone who's been to her house could have seen it laying on her coffee table or kitchen counter.

Rsbm, and sorry I over snipped. First, is it possible she left her pay stubs laying around for anyone to see? Mine get put away right away......

And, that got me wondering if the USPO still issues paper paystubs? Some employees access them online.

Last edited by a moderator:
And on another note, it could be that the bf/ babies father was still legally married but he and his 'wife' lived separate lives. I've known people who put off a divorce due to financial reasons.

Rsbm, and sorry I over snipped. First, is it possible she left her pay stubs laying around for anyone to see? Mine get put away right away......

And, that got me wondering if the USPO still issues paper paystubs? Some employees access them online.

They send them in the mail every 2 weeks, you have to specifically opt out of paystub delivery even if you have direct deposit.

I just speak from experience but I'm a messy person (hubby is too) and we open mail leave it out on the table or our desk all the time. No idea whether that's normal, but it's normal for me, lol.

Also, someone with nefarious intent could have taken it from her trash or even from her mailbox. If you're going to abduct someone, you clearly don't care about laws or rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't like to assume anything, so I'm not willing to assume that the person who "recognized" Kierra's voice was correct. Without a voice print, it's up in the air as to whether it was really she who called in, in my opinion.

Honestly, I've looked at the video repeatedly and I go back and forth on whether that's actually her uniform. Now I really don't think it is. Most, if not all, of the jackets for carriers have reflective stripes on the back *and* front. I only see something white and reflective on the back of what she's wearing. Also, it looks like she's wearing a shirt or shorts with leggings underneath. That may be allowed in some stations but most would not allow that and I don't see why she wouldn't just wear pants if her legs were cold enough for leggings. Also, maybe it's just me but it appears to me that she's wearing a zip-up jacket/hoodie with a dark shirt underneath. There is a zip-up sweater for carriers but there's no reflective strip on the back. I suppose it's possible she added one herself if she wears it a lot. It kinda feels like she purposefully dressed similarly to the way she does for work (something that would look like it from far away) but not actually in her uniform.

The jacket does not appear to be a carrier's jacket. I don't see any postal insignia on it, but the video is too grainy to be certain. (I'm not even certain that that's Kierra in the video.)

I don't know much (anything, really!) about CCTV. In one of the video footages I just watched on YouTube, why would the camera be following her like that to begin with? I thought it would be "fixed" in a certain direction. If more than one person had been walking by, would it remain fixed but when there's only one passerby it hones in on them and turns to follow them as far as it can detect them? Thought that was odd.

Also thought it was strange that she crossed the street... but not completely. That is, she didn't make it to the sidewalk, but walked into the street toward the other side, like she was going to get into a car's passenger seat. While walking she had a backpack on that she seemed to move off her back and carry in front of her.

This may have all been discussed here already ... apologies. New to this case but not Websleuths. Am following Jayme Closs case and Chris/Shanann Watts as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93
Back