GUILTY IL - Prof. Susan Brill De Ramirez, 63 & Antonio Ramirez Barron, 63, Princeville, Oct 2018 *Arrests

Wagtales10

Reaction score
Bradley University professor and husband missing after 'act of violence' at home

A Bradley University professor and her husband are missing and appear to have been the victims of a violent act in their home, according to the Peoria County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies responded about 10 p.m. Sunday to the home of Susan Brill De Ramirez and Antonio Ramirez Barron at 22918 N. Maher Road and found “blood evidence” and signs of a burglary, Sheriff Brian Asbell said at a press conference Monday afternoon. The last confirmed time they were scene was at work at Bradley on Thursday.

Their address is rural and the home is quite isolated and not visible from the road, though the driveway is obvious. It's actually quite modest and didn't appear from the street to be the kind of dwelling that would contain a lot of items of high value. But the isolation itself can be a target especially in rural areas where meth is an issue.

I'm thinking if they have POIs already, this may have been personal. Size/appearance of home perhaps did not matter?

I wonder if it was a student. Can be personal, be targeted. She lived so rural that its less likely to be random imo.

Son, another man arrested in deaths of Bradley professor and husband

Jose Ramirez, 21, of 22919 N. Maher Road has been arrested on charges of first-degree murder, while 20-year-old Matthew Roberts has been charged with obstruction of justice and concealment of a homicidal death, said Sheriff Brian Asbell.

Susan Brill De Ramirez and Antonio Ramirez Barron were last seen Thursday. It’s believed, the sheriff said, that the two have been dead since early Friday morning. Jose Ramirez is the son of Susan and Antonio Ramirez Barron.

Jose Ramirez, 21, of 22919 N. Maher Road has been arrested on charges of first-degree murder, while 20-year-old Matthew Roberts has been charged with obstruction of justice and concealment of a homicidal death, said Sheriff Brian Asbell.

Susan Brill De Ramirez and Antonio Ramirez Barron were last seen Thursday. It’s believed, the sheriff said, that the two have been dead since early Friday morning. Jose Ramirez is the son of Susan and Antonio Ramirez Barron.

So the son did this. Awful!

"they are accumulating evidence indicating a long-simmering 'hatred' Ramirez held toward his parents..."

"In 2011, Bradley University police filed a report on Ramirez- then about 11- for his writing on a mirror in the bathroom of an academic building, a source said. The message said something akin to, 'I want to kill my parents,' a source said...."

Disturbing!

"they are accumulating evidence indicating a long-simmering 'hatred' Ramirez held toward his parents..."

"In 2011, Bradley University police filed a report on Ramirez- then about 11- for his writing on a mirror in the bathroom of an academic building, a source said. The message said something akin to, 'I want to kill my parents,' a source said...."

Disturbing!
How horrible to have your own child want to kill you -- and then succeed. I wonder if he'd ever been diagnosed with and treated for M.I.

OMG, that's awful! Their own son!

Disturbing!
Wow, if ever there was a need to get this child help, there it is. Perhaps the parents did, and nothing worked. So very sad. May they rest in peace.

The sheriff didn’t go into details on what led to the arrests, but said they were based on a confession. Efforts to recover the victims’ bodies are underway. The sheriff’s department is working with the Department of Natural Resources and the Henry County Sheriff’s Office to find the victims’ bodies.

Son arrested in deaths of Bradley University professor, husband

bradley-univ-prof-and-husband-e1540866039654.jpg

I suspected someone known to them as the home was modest to the point it wouldn't attract the attention of a burglar. How sad, I'm assuming mental illness on the part of the son. But what I don't understand - 7 years ago, when the boy was a teenager he wrote threats to kill them at their school. Yet he lived on their property (his address 22919, theirs 22918 so I'm guessing some small guest house or trailer, and not residing in their actual home. So senseless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back