IL IL - Roberta Rinearson, 10, Brookfield, 17 Dec 1948

Bumping Roberta's case up. It has been over 66 years since her murder. It is still unsolved.

December 2018 will mark the 70 year anniversary of Roberta's murder.

I really don't think George did it. We may never know, but MOO he wasn't guilty.

While it is certainly a possibility that the two cases might be connected, I do not see many similarities.

In the case of John Navickas, he is a missing person who has never been found. Also, he was from more of a downtown area. Also, it was a summer time disappearance. Possible suspects mentioned were young teenagers.

Roberta was abducted, sexually attacked, and murdered and her body dumped in a place where she was found relatively quickly. The abductor was probably someone who had a vehicle. She was killed in December of 1948.

Hopefully both of these crimes can still be solved.

Roberta Rinearson first communion photo

71 years ago Roberta was murdered. Although one man was convicted and sentenced to death, his conviction was later overturned and today that murder remains unsolved.

Last edited:
That's an excellent point. Would you happen to know if shoes were taken in the Peterson-Schuessler case (as well as the Grimes sisters; I believe that all these murders were connected).

That's an excellent point. Would you happen to know if shoes were taken in the Peterson-Schuessler case (as well as the Grimes sisters; I believe that all these murders were connected).
I have no idea. I haven’t looked at the other cases you’ve referenced. Interesting thoughts tho. Shoes seem to be an odd trophy to me. I can’t think of any significance they would hold.

I have no idea. I haven’t looked at the other cases you’ve referenced. Interesting thoughts tho. Shoes seem to be an odd trophy to me. I can’t think of any significance they would hold.

Jerry Brudos was a shoe fetishist, serial killer, rapist, torturer, and necrophiliac who stalked women around Portland, Oregon in 1968 and 1969. He was known as both "The Lust Killer" and "The Shoe Fetish Killer".

He probably was to young to have been the killer of Roberta, but he is an example of how the missing shoes might be a clue in the case.

LINK:
Who Was the Shoe Fetish Slayer?

Does anybody think that William Henry Redmond might be responsible? He was suspected of killing numerous girls while he worked as a carnie, but was never convicted. He died in 1992.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie
Back