IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #3

It looks like whatever Amy Pitzen did and where she went on her crazy 3 days in NW Illinois with Timmothy was to throw off searchers and confuse them , and the things she said on her phone calls while on the trip with Timmothy were not at all true either . So how can we believe her when she said she gave him to people who loved him and would take good care of him . When she probably did something else with him totally . Telling family they will never find him seems like he is in VERY deep water , a VERY deep hole in the earth , or a VERY high mountain , in a nightmarish place , some where extreme , consumed by the violence of planet earth .

I think she simply knew what she was going to do, planned a “fun” last few days for the two of them, killed him, went and bought herself food for her final meal, then finished her plan by killing herself. I believe she probably thought that he was “safe”-because he was no longer alive and in danger. And agree. She somehow knew she hid him well enough that he would never be found. I wonder if it was something like a random dumpster

Wertman.... excellent post!!! Very well thought out! I've been caught up in this case for a long time. Mom's phone was found about 10 miles from where my mom lives (and I grew up). My mom is a retired teacher in that area, and has many teacher friends. Over the years, I'd always ask mom to show her teacher friends pics of Timmothy to see if any teacher recognized him. I'll never stop thinking about this case.

have you correlated what the forensics said about possible stopping point of her car vs where the cell phone was found? It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the area that could line up with the following “The private, undisclosed forensics lab has been processing materials taken off of the SUV that the boy’s mother, Amy Fry-Pitzen was driving and Timmothy occupied, before she committed suicide on either May 13 or 14. The lab has determined that:
Sediments and plant material on the vehicle indicate that it was stopped for an unknown period of time on a wide gravel shoulder, gravel road, or short gravel turnout either adjacent to, or just off of, an asphalt secondary road that had at one time, been treated with glass road-marking beads.
In close proximity to the gravel shoulder or road where the vehicle stopped, it backed into a grassy meadow or field to a spot that is nearly treeless. There are birch and oak trees in the general area but not directly over or at the spot where the SUV stopped.
Both Queen Anne’s Lace and black mustard plants grow in a row along the border of the field or the shoulder of the road.
In addition, there is no corn growing in or adjacent to the spot where the SUV stopped, nor is there any indication that the area had been used for agriculture in the recent past.
Instead, the evidence strongly suggests that grasses have been the only major plants growing in the immediate area which leads scientists to believe that it is a meadow and not, for example, a field that had once been farmland and not recently sown.
Forensic results indicate that the grass was not cut which helps rule out a rural residential lawn or a park. There is also a strong likelihood that there is a pond, small stream, or creek in the area.
Scientists further believe that the meadow is most likely in Northwestern Illinois with Lee and Whiteside Counties as the most likely locations.
However, areas in Carroll, Ogle, Stephenson, and Winnebago Counties cannot be ruled out at this time. “. Forensics Lab Aids in Search for Pitzen Clues - Chronicle Media

Wow, that's ALOT of information from a forensics standpoint! All we need now is a psychic!

Well, a great analysis was done from an astrology standpoint here on Websleuths if you are in to that.

As for the forensics, it describes a lot of the state. Why I asked is because I am wondering if there are any bodies of water near where the phone was found, that also has nearby land that matches the criteria. I don’t know the area, so it would be nice to hear from someone who does-someone who has physically driven these roads.

Well, a great analysis was done from an astrology standpoint here on Websleuths if you are in to that.

As for the forensics, it describes a lot of the state. Why I asked is because I am wondering if there are any bodies of water near where the phone was found, that also has nearby land that matches the criteria. I don’t know the area, so it would be nice to hear from someone who does-someone who has physically driven these roads.
Can you point me to where the phone was found?

How can any of us not feel a heart tug every time we drive on Galena Boulevard and pass Greenman Elementary School, where his mom picked him up that otherwise beautiful spring morning under the pretense of a family emergency?

It’s why Timmothy’s story is running as part of the “Real Life Nightmare” series, noted producer Lee Alexander, who also told me earlier this week that his mother is an advocate for child victims so he is well aware of the anguish loved ones experience when a child goes missing or is murdered.

“Just every twist and turn is a question that has no answer” he said of the Aurora child’s disappearance. “As hard as you try, any scenario just does not make sense.”

“As we approach 10 years since Timmothy went missing, we want to keep this case in the forefront of everyone’s mind as we continue to investigate all aspects of the case. Any tip could potentially be the missing puzzle piece to the case,” he said.

“While we know there are many theories and ideas that have circulated on social media regarding the case, we ask the public not to call us with theories, but with specific information regarding his disappearance or his whereabouts.”

Timmothy’s case has indeed sparked interest not just nationally but from around the world, said Hartmann, who is putting together an episode about it for her “Inside Crime” podcast that will run closer to the 10th anniversary of his disappearance.

“This case has evolved like no other in that the family believes one thousand percent that he is alive. And because of it, they know the key to finding him is getting the word out,” she said. “In order to do that, they work closely with the Center for Missing and Exploited Children and won’t even give interviews unless we are involved, not just so these stories will put a focus on Timmothy but on 1,000 other kids that are also missing.

“For them to turn down interviews unless we are involved is rare. And we are appreciative of that.”

It certainly is hard to wrap your head around the idea that a mother, who by all accounts adored her son, would rip him so cruelly from the hands of his father and other beloved family members. In fact, it’s those video images of a happy little boy with his mom and dad featured on this “Real Life Nightmare” episode that will continue to haunt all of us drawn to the case.

Alexander told me he was particularly grateful James Pitzen turned over his only CD of treasured family videos to the producer, which not only demonstrated a “lot of trust” in the show but also a “deep passion” to keep his son’s story in the public eye.

“COVID and the election have taken so much attention away from other important stories,” insisted Hartmann. And Timmothy’s story on Sunday, she said, “will help put the focus back not only on his case but all the other kids who are missing.”
Column: TV series to feature Timmothy Pitzen mystery

Heartbreaking! Just saw the "HLN/CNN" Real Life Nightmare" episode on Tim's case On Demand. My thoughts:

1.) Mother Amy's depression and the fear of another divorce from Jim played a role here.

2.) She took Tim to special places because she knew that this was going to be "The End."

3.) I don't believe that Tim's blood came from nosebleeds, not for that long of time, and too coincidental that some of Tim's blood was found in the back seat.

4.) She didn't want Jim to end up with custody of Tim, even the conflict about her being difficult when Jim offered to take take Tim to kindergarten and she resisted. Amy resting from a vertigo attack the day before.

5.) I have a feeling that Amy killed Timmy via strangulation, or put meds in something that he drank. She sedated him to make the killing less painful. She could have used a knife and disposed of the weapon somewhere in a field.

6.) I feel Tim is in a shallow grave or body of water.

7.) If Tim was alive as the family members interviewed believe and Amy knew she wanted to kill herself, why can't she just say who has him? If she was telling the truth about Tim being safe, Amy would have nothing to lose by saying where Tim is, she's dead. She can't say where Tim is because he is dead as well, and does not want anyone to ever know this.

Satch

Heartbreaking! Just saw the "HLN/CNN" Real Life Nightmare" episode on Tim's case On Demand. My thoughts:

1.) Mother Amy's depression and the fear of another divorce from Jim played a role here.

2.) She took Tim to special places because she knew that this was going to be "The End."

3.) I don't believe that Tim's blood came from nosebleeds, not for that long of time, and too coincidental that some of Tim's blood was found in the back seat.

4.) She didn't want Jim to end up with custody of Tim, even the conflict about her being difficult when Jim offered to take take Tim to kindergarten and she resisted. Amy resting from a vertigo attack the day before.

5.) I have a feeling that Amy killed Timmy via strangulation, or put meds in something that he drank. She sedated him to make the killing less painful. She could have used a knife and disposed of the weapon somewhere in a field.

6.) I feel Tim is in a shallow grave or body of water.

7.) If Tim was alive as the family members interviewed believe and Amy knew she wanted to kill herself, why can't she just say who has him? If she was telling the truth about Tim being safe, Amy would have nothing to lose by saying where Tim is, she's dead. She can't say where Tim is because he is dead as well, and does not want anyone to ever know this.

Satch

I 100% believe Timmothy is dead and Amy killed him however #7 is very clear by her claims. Amy believed James wasn't a good parent or would harm Timmothy so she gave him away to people who would care for him. Why would she say who she gave him to when that'd just result in James immediately gaining custody? If her narrative was true then she'd be handing Timmothy back into the hands of an abuser by revealing who she gave him to.

Again i'm completely convinced she killed him and came up with that to alleviate herself of blame, however if her story was true her actions would make complete sense and your issues with it doesn't.

I 100% believe Timmothy is dead and Amy killed him however #7 is very clear by her claims. Amy believed James wasn't a good parent or would harm Timmothy so she gave him away to people who would care for him. Why would she say who she gave him to when that'd just result in James immediately gaining custody? If her narrative was true then she'd be handing Timmothy back into the hands of an abuser by revealing who she gave him to.

Again i'm completely convinced she killed him and came up with that to alleviate herself of blame, however if her story was true her actions would make complete sense and your issues with it doesn't.
For me the hardest part of this scenario is why would she kill him some other place, why didn’t she keep him with her, why get rid of his belongings if they are both dead. Just doesn’t ad up, for me it makes more sense that he is alive. JMO

@neverletgo – thank you for the Still a Mystery link.

This case most certainly haunts me. I'm a Madison, WI resident and commonly drive between Rockford and Madison and sometimes Wisconsin Dells. I have also stayed at the Kalahari. I love going to Rockford.

I would most certainly place my money on Timmothy dying at the hands of his mother. Why? Because she was a danger to herself. If she could hurt herself, it's not stretch to say she could hurt others. And in fact, that's what she did to the father by depriving him of Timmothy. A lot of time the simplest answer is the answer.

Apparently, those slices on her wrists weren't fatal. She had tried to kill herself before. Timmothy has never tried to reach out to his father, to law enforcement, to anyone.

"You'll never find him". Her intentions in no way strike me as in the way of Timmothy's best interest. He would have reach-out to someone by now. Based on this, I'd say he is dead.

I hope Timothy's body will be found someday. Lots of unanswered questions in this case. I would be interested in seeing her psychiatric records.

She also took her son to all of her son's favourite resorts, doing the stuff the boy most loved to do, including the water slide park. Perhaps she was treating her son to the funnest things he loved before...

For me the hardest part of this scenario is why would she kill him some other place, why didn’t she keep him with her, why get rid of his belongings if they are both dead. Just doesn’t ad up, for me it makes more sense that he is alive. JMO

I can't believe that if she gave Timmy to someone to raise, who Amy would know that would hold onto a secret like this for more than a decade? There was nothing on any of her computers or mobile devices that talked about any communication about anybody taking Tim in to raise him.

And we know that Amy rehearsed going out to the fielded areas at least twice before doing her little scheme. Who would she know out in the boonies that would be able to have the planning, resources, and finances to suddenly bring a child into their lives for the rest of their lives? Why doesn't this person just contact Jim or anyone else in the family and say where Tim is living now?

Why throw her cellphone out onto the highway? She likely put Timmy's toys with him to sever all communication and ties with the family. Amy's suicide was an admission of guilt over killing Tim. She knew she could never live with what she had done. She didn't want anybody to have Tim. She didn't want to go threw another divorce, so she kills Tim, and than kills herself so that both in her view are at peace with each other. Maybe Amy was also fanatically religious. We already know her fragile mental state and I think it was mentioned substance abuse problems as well. Maybe she thought that by doing this, "Timmy and I at at peace, and in heaven together. No one can now take that from us, or change that."

Amy planned this for months and got exactly what she wanted.

Satch

Satch, I have come to this same conclusion. Tim would have remembered his Dad and family. If he had been raised by someone else, I feel he would have been able to remember them and seek them out by now.

Also, what safer place is there than heaven and no one will ever find you there.........until you pass along also. No one will ever know.

I’m starting to doubt that Amy killed Timmothy. I was never 100% convinced that she did, but after thinking it over, it hit me. If Amy had changed her clothes, why did she only change her pants?

From what I can tell, she only changed her pants. Maybe she was sexually assaulted and Timmothy taken from her? Regardless of what happened, this is such a heartbreaking story

Another point, the note she left says “and he says that he loves you”. I feel that while he probably did say that at one point, I think she probably would have held him at weapon point and said “do you love your parents?”. Even if she killed him, she probably would have made sure he had no idea what was coming.

This is such an easy case to zero in on. The vehicle was serviced and her known path is documented. If she followed the direct patch outlined from her travels we should have a known range she would have meandered off the main roads. This is fairly simple to compute.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back