Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these remains do turn out to be Stacy, EVP Sandra B. was very close.

She stated that Stacy was at the same location Bob Piest was found..........he was one of the young men killed by John Wayne Gayce (sp) and dumped off the 55 bridge. That bridge was rebuilt after that happened.

Great posts Marsha, every one IMO. I am glad you are here! ;}

I have been listening to Fox News, and they keep repeating "jeans and panties" were found either on the body or with the body, Dr. Baden was just on, love that ol' codger.

Hi Michigirl, I also read Dr Baden said if the conditions were right there could still be bits of flesh left on those bones. Awful thought, but we have to look at the reality of everything.

From what I know about DNA is if they take Mitrocondial (SP) DNA from another family member like Cassandra they will be able to also get the same kind of DNA from the bones of the remains..What this will show is that the alive person and the deceased had the same mother...So as far as getting a full DNA profile I am not sure but I do know they can get the Mitrocondial (SP) DNA this way..This is what was used to get a positive ID in the Laci Rocha case.

So basically, they are one flowing river (one going into the next). It would mean that Sandra B.'s prediction could still be correct then if the barrel floated or was dragged by a ship a distance (it didn't look that far from Dresden tho)?

although certainly not out of the realm of possibility for it to be drug up from the bottom and drug - I say highly unlikely as Dresden locks is west - down river - from where the barrel and remains were found. I'm sure there is some way it COULD happen I just don't think it did, not from the locks anyhow. I say that because it would have to be drug upstream at least 5-10 miles, and pass both the kankakee river inlet and the Grant Creek inlet - both of which would cause the current to flow the opposite direction(west). Of course its only moo, & a completely nonscientific opinion at that.

The remains are badly decomposed, according to officials. The autopsy is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Will County Coroner's Office in Joliet. Officials are also working to ID the body; they are comparing dental record and conducting DNA tests.
"We're not identifying whether or not it's male or female. It would be very premature to do that. Nor are we making an attempt to associate with any current investigation. We would be very premature to do that," said Master Sgt. Tom Burek, Illinois State Police.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6824563&rss=rss-wls-article-6824563

It sounds like they've got a head, or at least a jawbone???

Just a question, does it bother anyone if the same Coroner is performing this autopsy that performed the first one on Kathleen Savio? The one where she was found to have drowned in a dry bathtub with all the bruises? I'm aware that a Coroner's Jury ruled on the cause, but I feel that he needs to step aside and another Coroner perform the autopsy. JMO. :confused:

The medical examiner who did the coroners inquest on Kathleen was replaced by a new medical examiner several years ago. The more recent medical examiner is the same one who worked on getting Kathleen exhumed and a new autopsy on her last year.

They should be able to have a positive ID by today or tomorrow. They have everything to match it to already if it is Stacy or Lisa, imo. First, will come the notification of the family and then we can expect a huge press conference to be called to announce it. It is going to be obvious.

If they cannot readily ID the remains, it is probably someone else. :(

The clothing should help a lot with the size and depending on if a family member can ID them. Jeans and panties are quite generic sometimes. Let's hope they are designer labels and the women had their own special preferences.

So glad you're here with the local touch. Keep the news coming!
azwriter

I'm going over Sandra's site again - she says - the voices say she is in a long narrow body of water, possibly a river. Then she says - the voices all say "he threw her from the bridge into the Des Plaines River" - not the Illinois River. Not familiar with the area but she says she was in or near Dresden Locks and that the barges may move her is she is not found soon. She also says her prediction for the end of April is contingent upon any # of variables lining up perfectly..... you should read the end of her writing about Stacy.

Yes, and thanks for explaining that.

She also said she heard that from several sources, which means individual efolk who speak to her thru some special electronic software program on her computer.

They are like people, with personalities. I asked her once if they were like angels watching over. She said no, they are like spirits created by God in the beginning with their purpose being to assist those who have died where they are unsettled in some way and then when they finally understand things they can go peacefully back to God. That is just a rough synopsis, after all it has been 6 years since she told me that. I lost all my emails from her when I bought a new 'puter:confused:

Example: Sandra said at first Laci was really angry with Scott and she couldn't find Conner. Thru the efolk telling her what had happened and helping her thru accepting it, she was then ready to go on. xox

They should be able to have a positive ID by today or tomorrow. They have everything to match it to already if it is Stacy or Lisa, imo. First, will come the notification of the family and then we can expect a huge press conference to be called to announce it. It is going to be obvious.

If they cannot readily ID the remains, it is probably someone else. :(

The clothing should help a lot with the size and depending on if a family member can ID them. Jeans and panties are quite generic sometimes. Let's hope they are designer labels and the women had their own special preferences.

And of course the family will be informed first before they let it out to the news sources and public. If it is Stacey or Lisa, I wonder who will be the one(s) to tell the kids?

I have a friend who's sister was murdered in November of 2004. The two perps admitted they murdered her (and another woman) but refused to tell where the remains were located.

In February of this year the remains were found in a wooded area near where she was last known to be. My friend is confident the remains found are her sister's remains because of some items found with the remains. But the FBI is still doing DNA tests at two different labs in order to close the case. My friend was told by FBI they can get DNA from the bones, even though it's been five years exposed to elements.

3 months and they are still trying to get the dna match? that seems like a long time.

Several comments - If this is Stacy I will say, in addition to Thank God she is found, that she had an uncanny way to surface now. Someone here said that the body must not be totally decomposed to skeleton since they have determined that the remains are that of a female. Not true because the remains are reportedly that of the lower body, and the pelvis of a female and male are different enough that the medical examiner could certainly state whther the remains are male or female.
Finally, if she had been in the barrel, and if it had been fairly airtight, and only recently had come apart, then it could have slowed down the progression of decomposition. It seems very just that the dead sometimes seem to reach from beyond to get justice. Laci Peterson did just that; now maybe Stacy did too.

It sounds like they've got a head, or at least a jawbone???
Excellent news!

This woman should be applauded:

"A blue barrel in a river around here is kind of something I would think people would want to know about, especially the police," said Michelle Williams, who saw the blue barrel and called officials.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6824563&rss=rss-wls-article-6824563

BRAVO, Michelle Williams for doing the right thing!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:​

I was just reading that Brodsky just withdrew his motion to have the judge replaced. So he filed a motion to have a new judge removed, and then he just withdrew that motion :waitasec:

It was heard on a local radio station I believe.

I second your kudos to Ms. Williams - it sounds like she had to be persistent about it, too.

And of course the family will be informed first before they let it out to the news sources and public. If it is Stacey or Lisa, I wonder who will be the one(s) to tell the kids?
Unfortunately, in the case of Lisa Stebic...Craig has complete control of his children. Drew's oldest son and his wife will have to tell his children. His oldest children are probably watching this very closely as it unfolds.

I was just reading that Brodsky just withdrew his motion to have the judge replaced. So he filed a motion to have a new judge removed, and then he just withdrew that motion :waitasec:

LOL Like that was going to fly?! Sheesh! I would say it was a bit premature since a new judge was only appointed today.

And now he's going to contest the removal of that judge. :waitasec:

More on the change of judge:

Prosecutors to get new judge to preside over Peterson's trial

By The Associated Press | Thursday, May 21, 2009 |

JOLIET | Prosecutors in the murder case against former police officer Drew Peterson got their wish when a new judge was appointed, but Peterson's defense attorney says he'll ask that that new judge be replaced, too.

The Will County state's attorney earlier this week had asked that Will County Judge Richard Schoenstedt be removed from the case against Peterson, who's charged with killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Will County Chief Judge Gerald Kinney on Thursday agreed to remove Schoensted, but defense attorney Joel Brodsky immediately promised to file a motion asking that the new judge be removed as well.

Brodsky didn't give a reason for his request. He'd challenged the prosecution's efforts to get Schoensted taken off the case.

*snipped*

http://nwitimes.com/articles/2009/05/21//updates/breaking_news/doc4a153e07a9e3b966181006.txt

Well well, it certainly looks as though they may have proven a connection between DrewP and the judge. I would have thought that if there were a connection that the judge should have made that clear when he heard the gun charge case.

Now little Joey was fighting hard to keep the original judge, and evidently really doesn't want the second judge ( :chicken: cluck, cluck, cluck) but it does look like he is backing down from his threat to oust that judge too.

On Thursday, Brodsky initially said in court that he would ask that that new judge be replaced, too, but he later withdrew that request.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hbfkKdZZEPQinpLBXO6Df3-5s2SwD98AR2103

I wonder what DP's reaction was to the finding of the body. This will bring closure to some family.

I was shocked when I read it and feel like I won't be able to get anything done today.

I read earlier today that his attorney said DP wasn't concerned about it.

He probably said it with a straight face too!:rolleyes:

fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members