Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it is a man's body? My brother in Illinois just called and told me it was an unidentified man's body. Did we already know that?

Remains Found In Des Plaines River Were Male
Skeletal remains found last Wednesday along the Des Plaines River are that of an unidentified male, Illinois State Police announced Wednesday.
There had been speculation the remains were that of Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic, West Suburban mothers who have both been missing for more than a year.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/des.plaines.remains.2.1021533.html

Skeletal remains found last Wednesday along the Des Plaines are that of an unidentified man, Illinois State Police announced Wednesday.

There had been speculation the remains were that of Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic.

The remains, discovered on May 20, were sent to the ISP Forensic Crime Lab for DNA analysis and it has been determined they are that of an unidentified male, according to an ISP release.

"An investigation to identify the remains is underway," the release said.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1594722,w-des-plaines-river-body-052709.article

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/Remains_River_not_Peterson_Stebic

Remains in River not
Peterson or Stebic

Updated: Wednesday, 27 May 2009, 5:19 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 27 May 2009, 5:19 PM CDT
Skeletal remains found last Wednesday along the Des Plaines are that of an unidentified man, Illinois State Police announced Wednesday.
There had been speculation the remains were that of Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic.
The remains, discovered on May 20, were sent to the ISP Forensic Crime Lab for DNA analysis and it has been determined they are that of an unidentified male, according to an ISP release.

More at link....

Des Plaines River remains were of male

May 27, 2009 5:40 PM | No Comments | UPDATED STORY

The human remains discovered May 20 in the Des Plaines River were identified by authorities today as that of a male, ruling out speculation they could be those of missing Will County women Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic.
DNA testing by the Illinois State Police Forensic Crime Lab determined that the partial skeletal remains were that of an unidentified male, and authorities said an investigation is underway to find the identity of the person.

The remains, which consisted of a rib cage, spinal column, and partial left and right femur bones, were found by a clean-up crew working along the river near Channahon just west of Interstate Highway 55.
A preliminary autopsy performed last week could not determine whether the body was that of a man or woman, its race, or identity.

More at link...

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/05/des-plaines-river-remains-were-of-male.html

So it is a man's body? My brother in Illinois just called and told me it was an unidentified man's body. Did we already know that?

Skeletal remains found last Wednesday along the Des Plaines River are that of an unidentified male, Illinois State Police announced Wednesday.
There had been speculation the remains were that of Stacy Peterson or Lisa Stebic, West Suburban mothers who have both been missing for more than a year.

Awww, that's a shame. I hope he gets identified soon. But, on the bright side, at least DP is being charged with one murder so far.

I have a good friend who is a DJ on WRXQ in the southland here and he just reported the same thing. I am talking to him via IM right now.

This just threw us a curve here...why the reports of the remains being clad in women's panties?

No wonder Drew was on Mancow joking, and not sweating this out....

Damn, how disappointing. But at least someone else who was missing has been found.

I can't believe its a man. So since they know the DNA I'm assuming they know its not John Spira or Brad Olsen or maybe they're just not saying yet.

Awww, that's a shame. I hope he gets identified soon. But, on the bright side, at least DP is being charged with one murder so far.
We'll have to send this over to the miracle worker in our unidentified forum and see if they can match it up. Gosh this is sad no matter how you look at it.
I have a good friend who is a DJ on WRXQ in the southland here and he just reported the same thing. I am talking to him via IM right now.

This just threw us a curve here...why the reports of the remains being clad in women's panties?

That's how my Illinois friends felt. They said he was so confident that they were not thinking it was her.

I have to say I am a bit disappointed! I do hope they can determine who this person is so his family can have closure and he can have a proper burial.

You must be speaking of Freak, my fav DJ on my fav station! ;)

You must be speaking of Freak, my fav DJ on my fav station! ;)
That be him...he's the best, good friend too, as well as a fellow news junkie. My fiancee' does alot of work with him musically.
He has to be a bit creeped out about bodies in the marina area there because every New Years he does a cannon ball into the icy waters there to ring in the New Year ...:eek:

Still chatting him up for a bit till he goes off air.

So were the reports of women's underwear being found just...rumors or faulty reporting? Garrrrrgh I was so hoping it would be one of the two, Lisa or Stacy. No wonder DP wasn't sweating it or anything. My guess is some earlier postings on this thread are right....that he's really disposed of her where no one will find her. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Ugh I was sooo sure it was one of them, more leaning towards Stacy! DP where did you put her?!?!?

Maybe though, they will turn up some how down the road. There's always hope.

At least someone's brother/father/son/uncle/friend has been found now though...that should hopefully bring closure for someone.

And Mancow is back on the air??? Not that it has to do with either of these cases (and I don't really have an opinon on him), I just didn't think he'd ever get back on the air is all.

No wonder he was his old sarcastic a-hole self. He knew it wasn't either one of the. JMO

There really wasn't anything of note on WLS this afternoon - they were just rehashing Drew calling into Mancow.

ETA - I'd had the page up so long I didn't see the news about this being a male. *sigh* At least some family will have some peace.

The single striking change in his behavior, to me, you summarized in the last paragraph. Why did he go from Secret Squirrel to Top Cat?

IIRC DrewP dropped the bandanna about the time that media got hold of some family pictures and started publishing them. The pictures also contained pics of DrewP, so his photo was being published even though he was hiding his face.

During the first few days DrewP was sometimes coming out into the crowd around the media wearing the bandanna, but rumor has it that sometimes that masked man wasn't DrewP... instead it was someone with his same build. Rumor also has it that while the media was camped out in front of the home, DrewP was sometimes going over the fence in the back. So how much of the time he was actually there and how much of the time he was gone, no one knows. Also no one knows where he was going at that time. Supposedly he was going for rides (on Stacy's bike) to clear his head.

IIRC DrewP claimed he was wearing the mask on camera because he didn't want his face shown- it would affect his social life and his kids. But we have theorized that he had other reasons that he may not have wanted his face to been on TV at that time- ie because it would attract too much attention to his actions and wherebouts at that time and maybe make witnesses to his actions.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=296690

DNA tests performed by state police reveal it was a man's body found last week washed ashore on the Des Plaines River near Channahon.

Illinois State Police have yet to identify the man, whose corpse was found on May 20 on the river's shore. Master Sgt. Tom Burek did not release further details about the man, including his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu