GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to police, an autopsy concluded Long's throat had been slashed, and she had stab wounds on her collarbone and neck, as well as defensive wounds on her hands.

Defensive wounds on her hands says that she was aware enough to know she was in severe danger from him...doesn't sound like some one who was "twitching on the floor". She was in fear for her life and was fighting back until the very end. Her last sight was that of her uncle murdering her....at 7 years old!

I have to tear myself away from this and head to work. My heart is broken for this tiny girl, and I am worried about her little brother's safety as well.

Mom making up a story has my hinky meter going.

May Willow rest in peace, and justice be served swiftly.

I'm sure mom never imagined that Willow wouldn't turn up... maybe she lied to cover for herself... it has been mentioned that she has a boyfriend... but what if she was with someone else that night - and didn't want boyfriend to know. Now that things have turned out this way - she might open up?

Defensive wounds on her hands says that she was aware enough to know she was in severe danger from him...doesn't sound like some one who was "twitching on the floor". She was in fear for her life and was fighting back until the very end. Her last sight was that of her uncle murdering her....at 7 years old!
Twitching on the floor (she was indoors IMO) - he would have said GROUND if she was outdoors
moo
It almost sounds like she was having a seizure ...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I don't want to set up a defense for JD, I have worked really hard to not say certain things because I don't want him getting ideas, but I am weary that these scratches on her arms will be (or try to be) played off as falling into the pile of junk in the lawn.

Here I sit in tears that I can't make go away and it's making for a real messy booger session as well. I guess I am trying my damnedest to make something...anything, just one little scrap of what [expletive] claims happened...true. I have been doing that since it was first announced that he had been arrested. I want so desperately for his story to be true because I do not understand. This is the first, I don't know I guess you would call it a case? that I have tuned into here on this site. Some part of his story has to be true doesn't it? Why...for frack sake WHY the [expletive] would an UNCLE purposefully murder his own flesh and blood. Not only that, but a SEVEN year old little girl who CLEARLY poses absolutely ZERO threat to him??? I don't understand and I am really really really trying to understand how almost all of you are instantaneously saying that everything he ever said was a lie. HOW can that be? I'm honestly and truthfully...I don't understand I don't get it I don't understand at all. I know men get into fights and kill each other on accident when drunk. I know wars happen and nations kill nations. I know car accidents happen and drunk drivers kill other people. I know murders DO occur (I'm extremely sheltered but not that sheltered). I know people kill people for the sake of killing, like people in gangs and such. But an uncle killing his niece??? I DONT get that and I don't understand why and this is really really...really very bad and I don't understand. I don't get how someone that young he is only 20-something, how someone that young can have the ability to make up something SO elaborate and deep and full of a whole scenario and, how he planned all this or didn't plan it or, I don't even know wtf I'm typing right now. I DONT UNDERSTAND I don't get it. Surely something is not right here. Surely something happened he didn't intend to happen? Why would he just kill her for no reason she was such a beautiful and bright and friendly little child by all accounts I have read I just don't GET IT. I don't get it and this isn't fair this isn't fair at all it's not fiar.

Edit - I thought she ran away because mom wouldn't let her watch a movie she wanted to watch or something and instead little brother got to watch a frog movie. I thought perhaps she ran into a black widow spider or a venomous snake and she was hurt somewhere and they would find her but instead she gets her throat slit open and stabbed? SHE was SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's beyond heartbreaking, but unfortunately it happens more often than one would think. I've read about many cases of people killing their own flesh and blood, and it's usually children. So sad and senseless, it's something all of us here could NEVER imagine doing. We all wonder how someone could do this...but for whatever &%^ked up reason, they do. :(

:grouphug:

Might be a silly question, but can you really run fast enough to impale yourself on a stick?

It all ties together pretty neatly from his perspective doesn't it?

Semen? Oh, watching *advertiser censored* and masturbating on my own
Scratch on arm? Not defensive wound, no, that's where she pulled on my arm. I'm such a great uncle she wanted to watch a movie with me.
The scratch hurt so I yelled at her, she ran outside because of that, not fleeing an assault, and fell into the sticks. I certainly didn't push her. She got one in the neck, hence the neck wound. I knew she was dying so rather than waste time with help I got my knife, made the neck wound appear like a cut and stabbed her heart to make sure she was dead and not suffering. Not because I knew she would tell what I did.

All pretty neat for him.

Bingo.

I am going to guess that part if not all of the attack happened in the bathroom. He's just coming up with excuses for where he thinks the evidence will be found.

I agree. The bathroom must be investigated further.

No blood being found on pile of sticks or other places. Now, mention of the bathroom. Yes, we know there was lots of blood and bagging, and that bathtub and the drain needs to be thoroughly checked.

Where was the little guy during all this? Was Willow's toddler brother waiting for her to return to watch a movie? Did he go looking for her and see something?

I hope they seek counseling for that poor little boy, and actually all the children in the community. I, myself, am totally shaken up to hear what happened to Willow.

Might be a silly question, but can you really run fast enough to impale yourself on a stick?

It can happen from a simple fall...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I don't want to set up a defense for JD, I have worked really hard to not say certain things because I don't want him getting ideas, but I am weary that these scratches on her arms will be (or try to be) played off as falling into the pile of junk in the lawn.

I would think they would be able to tell if the scratches were from a knife blade or a rough stick.

JMO

Here I sit in tears that I can't make go away and it's making for a real messy booger session as well. Why...for frack sake WHY

RSBM - None of us can understand why fairy, I guess that's one of the reasons we come back case after case. Trying to understand why, so we can protect and prevent. I honestly can offer no explanation other than there are some people in this world who are just not 'right'. It's horrific and it's tremendously sad. I'm far from hardened, I have lived a relatively sheltered life and you ask why some can jump to a scenario, that jump is often through logic and statistics. It is not always right of course but unfortunately in most cases it is.

Can I give you a little advice? Go put the kettle on, make a cup of tea or coffee, blow your nose and clear those bogies (thats what we call them in the uk) run a bath or take a shower, but take a few minutes away from the computer.

i'll just post this because i've been sitting on it for two days...

willow's facebook page had a poster who said CD was at the gabby goat (a bar) partying that saturday night. i can't find the post in all the closed/open/'group' status changes. but the poster clearly stated she was there...

http://www.gabbygoat.com/

not giving mom a pass nor a sleuth nor a judgement. my guess, as is others', is that the breakfast story was just that. her boyfriend was in family pictures, at the house when she was on camera, so another guess is that maybe he was there (occupied) or she was at his place when said crime occured. your parents are on the road so...what better time to sleep out or have a guest. she's only 26. she's human.

now that we know cause of death, IMO time of death is just as important to either abjucate or implicate anyone else. at this time IMO it's JD and only JD that should be held accountable...

thoughts?

Sure didn't take long for lips to start flapping!

Hi ToothlessFairy—I'm also relatively new to posting and don't feel that I know anyone/fit in (which is ok!), but I just wanted to say I've enjoyed reading all your comments on this case. It's clear you're very passionate and analytical, and I look forward to reading more from you (I'm sure I'm not alone in that!) It's just regrettable that you feel attacked or unwelcome in any way. I believe the grand majority of folks here love to play devil's advocate—some even do law for a living—and I am positive none of them are doing so with the belief that your opinions are less valid than theirs. After all, the most worthwhile discussions and "debates" (which don't really occur on WS) originate from equally matched sides, which are considered for their objective content/logic and not who authored it. (Ideally. For the most part.)

It may not be true of the outside world, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a single person here who legitimately thinks there's anybody who's not entitled to their own opinion. I've seen a few people get slightly personal about things, yes, but it's addressed by others almost immediately and the mods are very quick to swoop in and restore order. So I know my comment shouldn't be weighted near as much as a WS vet, but I enjoy the WS posts and authors so very much—after reading cases this horrible it's a good reminder that there are still good people out there—and I wish none of them ever felt like they have to preface their opinion with the disclaimer that they're allowed to have it.

Pardon the intrusion and the cheese.

No intrusion what-so-ever! I can only speak for myself, but I lurk more than post. It's cases like this, that scream at me, that I feel a need to add my two cents.

Took a walk and thought about all of this. Sleuthing is part speculation and development of theories - then doing the research to prove or disprove them.

So, my theory is that JD probably did play his video games that night (it says online with friends, so can be proven if need be). I think he got sexually aroused and went to Willow's room (possibly in bed asleep - hence, the no glasses). With that many people living in a house less than 1,500 sq ft, he possibly carried her into the bathroom (maybe she shared a room with brother) - maybe she was still even sleeping at that point. I think he started to sexually assault her and that's when she woke up and fought back - and when he got the scratch on his arm. I think she took off running and he grabbed his knife and took off after her. Maybe he thought she would be too young to try to fight back or figure out what he was doing??? It is very possible that she did run outside and fall on a stick/log/brush pile, or whatever it was, she could have even impaled her neck with a stick. Without her glasses and it being dark, I can very much see her fleeing from the house and doing this. I think when she fell is when he caught up with her and killed her to keep her quiet. Then, I think he panicked and disposed of the body. I think he left little brother asleep in bed when he took Willow to the slue.

There is no way this happened the way he said. There is absolutely no reason to explain about video games and masturbating unless it was to cover the DNA/semen they were going to test for.

Just my theory and opinion.

I would think they would be able to tell if the scratches were from a knife blade or a rough stick.

JMO

I don't doubt it either. But as court trials go, I feel we might have someone for the defense try and explain that the "cuts" on her hands are falling into that pile, etc.

I mean, why is the stack/brush/dump such a focal point for JD? Basically, I am trying to blow the stack... Whatever excuse that could come up, I want to just discuss what plausible theory could take place and just say "nope, not buying that. nice try."

I am sure when the physics are right you can. I once lost my balance at the back door, wound up leaning against the door frame with my right upper arm making contact. A splinter of wood (bigger than a splinter) about 3/4 inch wide and one inch long, fairly thin was jammed up under my skin. I couldn't get it out, so I waited the 1 hour till my husband got home and let him pull it out. I didn't want it to break off in my arm.

I don't doubt it either. But as court trials go, I feel we might have someone for the defense try and explain that the "cuts" on her hands are falling into that pile, etc.

I mean, why is the stack/brush/dump such a focal point for JD? Basically, I am trying to blow the stack... Whatever excuse that could come up, I want to just discuss what plausible theory could take place and just say "nope, not buying that. nice try."

The ME will be able to tell if the cuts were from the knife or from sticks in a pile. I think the pile of sticks/branches was convenient for JD to use in his scenario, and I don't believe it at all. He's lucky I won't be on his jury!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther