Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone suggested this, and I do apologize for not linking.

YingYing's Aunt stated that she is tutoring other students for extra money.

We think possibly she knew the driver -- did he say that he recognized her from a meeting & needed help with course material???

Gave her the impression that they'd met?

Offer to drive her to the apartment complex to free up time for tutoring?

Say he lived in the complex, how wonderful, we're going the same place already?

Surely he isn't another Ag research grad student???

I do get most of my exercise jumping to conclusions...:seeya:

Maybe someone suggested this, and I do apologize for not linking.

YingYing's Aunt stated that she is tutoring other students for extra money.

We think possibly she knew the driver -- did he say that he recognized her from a meeting & needed help with course material???

Gave her the impression that they'd met?

Offer to drive her to the apartment complex to free up time for tutoring?

Say he lived in the complex, how wonderful, we're going the same place already?

Surely he isn't another Ag research grad student???

I do get most of my exercise jumping to conclusions...:seeya:

For the tutoring part, her Aunt meant she worked as a tutor back in China. The translation of the interview was not accurate in my opinion. Her previous tutoring job was more like a teaching assistant, or a coordinator between teachers and students. I dont think she was delivering lessons and she was not doing that in the US either. However, she was doing some part-time translation job after coming to UIUC. I uploaded some pics from her Weibo. They are in Page 49 or 50 I think.

For the tutoring part, her Aunt meant she worked as a tutor back in China. The translation of the interview was not accurate in my opinion. Her previous tutoring job was more like a teaching assistant, or a coordinator between teachers and students. I dont think she was delivering lessons and she was not doing that in the US either. However, she was doing some part-time translation job after coming to UIUC. I uploaded some pics from her Weibo. They are in Page 49 or 50 I think.

Thanks for clarifying the translation, just trying to make these pieces fit.

I certainly appreciate your input & language skill in the search for Ms. Zhang!

TY, Laughing

Thanks for clarifying the translation, just trying to make these pieces fit.

I certainly appreciate your input & language skill in the search for Ms. Zhang!

TY, Laughing

thank you as well! Just doing what I can do. :blushing:

I also didn't find anything in the Champaign PD reports, but maybe I missed them while rushing through.
http://archive.ci.champaign.il.us/cpd-reports/

UOI crime log https://illinois.edu/blog/files/7512/518370/114886.pdf

Champaign County Sheriff log http://www1.co.champaign.il.us/sheriff/ARMSReports/CCSO9550.PDF

Page 23 at this link:

https://illinois.edu/blog/files/7512/518370/114886.pdf

29kwhdy.jpg

So far it appears that only the first report of that day (re police impersonator) was the one referring to the female that came forward to give the description. I think that call referring to 9:20 am on 6/9 is the one the parents called to report their daughter just ran away from someone trying to lure their daughter. >>> I think <<<

<modsnip>

You can get anywhere in this town in 5 to 15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You can get anywhere in this town in 5 to 15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
LOREMLPSUM Thank you....how far is the "closest residential area" with garages a person can drive directly into from a surface road? This person would not want to get out on a highway, would avoid ccv's and intersections with cams. He had to be able to exit the vehicle (with the victim) unseen. He wouldn't risk a local park, on a Friday while elementary schools are out....I would think there would be too much activity that time of day...
Would anybody be willing to walk the Beslin & Washington (or any similar route) route...look for something glinting/shiny...any paper item would have already blown away? Damn, damn it has been more than 2 weeks...

There are over 11,000 graduate and professional students enrolled at University of Illinois.<modsnip> but I just wanted to let people know how large the student population is.

http://illinois.edu/about/facts.html
Thank you Millhouse Great stats of fire!! I don't think she was isolated at all, now. Who would have thought: "The University of Illinois has one of the largest and most vibrant Asian American university communities in the Midwest, where 37% of students is Asian American or Asian international."
https://oiir.illinois.edu/aacc
I can get a calendar of June 2017 events, but unable to access any events for May 2017....just thinking about "social meet and greets for newbies." Ya' know the Welcome Wagon, sharing the best places to rent, shop, books, etc. Wonder if anyone in that group mentioned someone being exceptionally interested in Yingying?

I haven't read through the entire thread yet but if this kidnapper was trolling for anyone to grab, he gassed up early. Police needs to check the gas stations within a few miles radius for video of a Saturn Astra getting gas.

What bothers me is how the vehicle pulls over initially, they planned to pull over if that makes sense. If you spot someone, a friend etc.. you would pass them at least a little bit, they knew exactly what they were going to do. I have watched it over and over, there is no doubt in my mind. What bothers me is how does she disappear from the passenger seat so fast..I cannot think of one thing that would incapasitate her that quickly. Do you think there was someone hidden in the backseat, now that is the only way I could see getting control that fast. I just wish this young lady would be found and be okay...I know I am asking a lot, but my hopes are fading here. IMHO

What bothers me is how the vehicle pulls over initially, they planned to pull over if that makes sense. If you spot someone, a friend etc.. you would pass them at least a little bit, they knew exactly what they were going to do. I have watched it over and over, there is no doubt in my mind. What bothers me is how does she disappear from the passenger seat so fast..I cannot think of one thing that would incapasitate her that quickly. Do you think there was someone hidden in the backseat, now that is the only way I could see getting control that fast. I just wish this young lady would be found and be okay...I know I am asking a lot, but my hopes are fading here. IMHO

I think it could've as simple as removing an inside door handle and pulling a gun out from beside the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Millhouse Great stats of fire!! I don't think she was isolated at all, now. Who would have thought: "The University of Illinois has one of the largest and most vibrant Asian American university communities in the Midwest, where 37% of students is Asian American or Asian international."
https://oiir.illinois.edu/aacc
I can get a calendar of June 2017 events, but unable to access any events for May 2017....just thinking about "social meet and greets for newbies." Ya' know the Welcome Wagon, sharing the best places to rent, shop, books, etc. Wonder if anyone in that group mentioned someone being exceptionally interested in Yingying?

Yes, there is a very large Asian population on campus (which, on a lighter note, leads to some amazing Asian restaurants in the area- go to Golden Harbor if you ever find yourself near here).

Here are some May events: https://oiir.illinois.edu/events/take-break-spring-2017-finals

If she got there in April, she was a little off the traditional academic schedule as that is when the semester was wrapping up, so I don't know if there would have been welcome events at that point.

I am hopeful she did not feel completely isolated as her reason for signing a new lease was to move in with friends and share living expenses: http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-06-23/family-missing-ui-scholar-never-never-give.html

I think it could've as simple as removing an inside door handle and pulling a gun out from beside the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s an interesting theory, never thought about that! The thought of a creep having a vehicle designed for kidnapping, is just downright chilling.

One question I’ve asked myself, if the theory about her silhouette disappearing quickly upon entering the vehicle, (stun gun, gun, etc..). And being forced to say the floorboard, what’s stopping a larger profile vehicle peeping down into that vehicle at a stoplight and seeing that?

Yingying could have yelled or banged on a window to make a point to another car she is in danger, so was she calm during this?

I actually traveled Goodwin a few days ago to put myself in the driver eyes, Goodwin runs through a residential area with hardly any lights, and then your faced with a right or left turn on Bradley, a right turn then takes you to Lincoln aka short distance to Interstate.

I haven't read through the entire thread yet but if this kidnapper was trolling for anyone to grab, he gassed up early. Police needs to check the gas stations within a few miles radius for video of a Saturn Astra getting gas.

The earlier incident in the day that was reported to police occurred before 9:30 a.m. Yingying was abducted just over 4 hours and 30 minutes later.

There could have been other girls approached who did not report it to police at the time of the incident. They may have contacted LE several days later when the case became publicized.

Either way, I think it's worth noting that there was a 4 hour 30 minute gap. What was the kidnapper doing all that time? Did he drive around? Stop and do other things? What was going on?

I don't see where you people think her silhouette disappeared so quickly. I can see her sitting upright still as the car drives away.

That&#8217;s an interesting theory, never thought about that! The thought of a creep having a vehicle designed for kidnapping, is just downright chilling.

One question I&#8217;ve asked myself, if the theory about her silhouette disappearing quickly upon entering the vehicle, (stun gun, gun, etc..). And being forced to say the floorboard, what&#8217;s stopping a larger profile vehicle peeping down into that vehicle at a stoplight and seeing that?
TY
Yingying could have yelled or banged on a window to make a point to another car she is in danger, so was she calm during this?

I actually traveled Goodwin a few days ago to put myself in the driver eyes, Goodwin runs through a residential area with hardly any lights, and then your faced with a right or left turn on Bradley, a right turn then takes you to Lincoln aka short distance to Interstate.

I agree with dogface - a door with no handle would certainly work as it did so well for Ted Buddy. As far as keeping her on the floor board, as mentioned above, a stun gun would most definitely work as soon as she entered the vehicle. After being stunned once I'm sure she would comply to prevent another. Then all the perp had to do was cover her with a jacket or blanket and she would not be seen. Scary stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member