Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because, with Michelle gone, there is no one around to interrupt or stop him, and it is essentially a safe house for him. He is in complete control, and has absolutely no worry of being interrupted -so long as he can keep the noise down such that no one will notice anything.

Even if he has chosen some other, external, secluded spot, there is ALWAYS the chance that someone could stumble across him, and then he has a SERIOUS problem on his hands. He has to get rid of that person too, or his game is up -and what if that person is just as big and strong as he is, or stronger? What if that person happens to be armed? What if it is two people who stumble across him or a group? In these cases, HE. IS. SCREWED.

His apartment is where he would be in complete control, and the absolute safest place for him to do this stuff.
I don't buy it... the apt. is NOT a safe, controlled spot… middle of day tenants milling around; thin (hardly soundproof) walls; the landlord, a repairman, a neighbor, an Amazon Prime driver, others, could knock on door at any time… it’s a ridiculous place to bring a kidnap victim, unless she’s already dead or unconscious when brought in (and even then risky) — he may have had the bat in the Astra, taken her to a remote location and beat her unconscious there. I still find the whole apt. scenario fishy. I expected the FBI to have a waaay stronger forensic and audiotape case then what they've produced -- he kidnapped & killed her, the rest of the details I find mysterious.

Of course! I'll get the text of the suit. The complaint is for "Deliberate Indifference" In the meantime:

Zhang’s Estate Sues U Of I Counselors, Christensen

Lawsuit: ‘Deliberate Indifference’ of U of. I. Social Workers Allowed Scholar’s Kidnapping

#FFS

Motion for Reconsideration – #459 in United States v. Christensen (C.D. Ill., 2:17-cr-20037) – CourtListener.com

The pending civil lawsuit establishes the UICC witnesses’ interest in slanting their testimony against Mr. Christensen out of self-interest. Abel, 469 U.S. at 52. The Court accepted this proposition and allowed Mr. Christensen to question the UICC witnesses about the lawsuit to show their bias. But the Court went wrong in denying Mr. Christensen’s request to admit the civil complaint. It is absolute, black letter law that Mr. Christensen can use extrinsic evidence to establish bias. It is also absolute, black letter law that the issue of bias is never a collateral issue. Accordingly, concerns of juror confusion or waste of time cannot prevent Mr. Christensen from introducing the civil complaint. Evidence of bias does not create juror confusion – it provides jurors with the information they need to access a witness’ credibility

That civil lawsuit is all over the shop... it's entirely the appointment with the rehab centre which was actually the required solution for his stated problems, if not his real problems...
@AnemoneBrown you posted a link the other night that contained a link to the lawsuit... If, just IF it is easy for you to link it, it's possible others have not yet seen it, please?

This is indeed fascinating. Apparently, these type of killers offend and dump in places where they feel comfortable. Since BC was a recluse, I would imagine his apartment is where he felt most at ease. The problem becomes:
1) You cannot dispose of a body relatively quickly in an apartment, especially in a large complex
2) If he feels unsure outside of his apartment, how can he be sure she will never be found?

Bottom line, (1) He abducted YYZ on campus; a place well known to him. (He could've gone to Ohio or Indiana to lure and abduct someone since MZ was out of town); (2) He raped, tortured, and likely killed in his apartment; (3) It stands to reason he would've disposed of the victim's body in a place well known to him.

Of course, it is possible he put her in a place unknown to him but not probable.

Taken altogether, the dumpster in the apartment complex makes the most sense, but with so many neighbors, in a college town, and on a weekend, I don't know how he would've put her in there without being noticed or for a neighbor not to spot her before the trash was pick up later that week.

There is a lake and several retention ponds located near BC's former apartment complex. I think that these bodies of water warrant a second look.

I don't buy it... the apt. is NOT a safe, controlled spot… middle of day tenants milling around; thin (hardly soundproof) walls; the landlord, a repairman, a neighbor, an Amazon Prime driver, others, could knock on door at any time… it’s a ridiculous place to bring a kidnap victim, unless she’s already dead or unconscious when brought in (and even then risky) — he may have had the bat in the Astra, taken her to a remote location and beat her unconscious there. I still find the whole apt. scenario fishy. I expected the FBI to have a waaay stronger forensic and audiotape case then what they've produced -- he kidnapped & killed her, the rest of the details I find mysterious.
There is a lot wrong with it...
Her DNA was located there, she was there.
I can find no reference to quantity of blood estimated in any notes from the trial.

Did YY have a nosebleed, he told Michelle he had one?
Was the nosebleed a result of his fist in her face because she fought him?
It's very skimpy.
The tape quality is appalling and utterly unprofessional..

But, somehow they persuaded the jury and he was found guilty and I believe he is guilty but, like you, I expected a whole lot more forensic information regarding the height and likely actions required to cause such blood or dna staining in the particular place they were located.

For example- under the bed!
Had the beds been moved into a different position for the crime? It's likely, suggesting he had set a scene, a macabre theatre to carry out his ritual...
Let this be the last FBI case I ever stick my nose in as long as I live.
There's almost an arrogance in their streamlined presentation with gaps as wide as the sea.

Why is his defense nitpicking and not making them produce more evidence to prove the aggravating factors?
Its just RAT-Tat-Tat... noise.
I'm sure her family have questions, many questions...
We have many.
I doubt we will ever find answers unless her body is located.

his is indeed fascinating. Apparently, these type of killers offend and dump in places where they feel comfortable. Since BC was a recluse, I would imagine his apartment is where he felt most at ease. The problem becomes:
1) You cannot dispose of a body relatively quickly in an apartment, especially in a large complex
2) If he feels unsure outside of his apartment, how can he be sure she will never be found?

Bottom line, (1) He abducted YYZ on campus; a place well known to him. (He could've gone to Ohio or Indiana to lure and abduct someone since MZ was out of town); (2) He raped, tortured, and likely killed in his apartment; (3) It stands to reason he would've disposed of the victim's body in a place well known to him.

Of course, it is possible he put her in a place unknown to him but not probable.

Taken altogether, the dumpster in the apartment complex makes the most sense, but with so many neighbors, in a college town, and on a weekend, I don't know how he would've put her in there without being noticed or for a neighbor not to spot her before the trash was pick up later that week.

1)Decapitate and bleed out in bathtub
2) further dismember into as small segmentas as possible.
3) wrap individual parts in trash bags, place in freezer
4) keep torso in big garbage bag in fridge.
5) Sunday afternoon, about an hour before Michelle returns, take parts out of freezer/fridge, place in dumpster, cover with other trash
6) decomposition is retarded by storage at cold temps, and frozen/chilled remains will not have enough time to give off noticeable smell of decomposition before trash dumpster is picked up on Monday morning.

I do believe trash pickup for his complex was on Monday morning....

Another thought on the 1/2 tank of gas...

Could BC have had an unknown accomplice to whom he delivered the remains to for disposal away from Champaign or even away from Illinois???
He could.
Friend or family member, endless possibilities.
I spent quite while on necrophiliac sites at the beginning, searching for video, for costs for cadavers... I iagine if it was a for-profit murder, though it would make sense in light of his work-shy predicament, an intact body would have been required.
we have no evidence it was not intact, just muffled words...
Other possibility is that he intended making a snuff movie to sell on, I'm surprised none has appeared, I expected at least that.

5) Sunday afternoon, about an hour before Michelle returns, take parts out of freezer/fridge, place in dumpster, cover with other trash
6) decomposition is retarded by storage at cold temps, and frozen/chilled remains will not have enough time to give off noticeable smell of decomposition before trash dumpster is picked up on Monday morning.

No.
Cos far too much trouble and the refrigerator wasn't very big.
Think Bundy would have come up with a more creative and less labor intensive method.

He knew the countryside, it would have been a helluva lot easier to take her to a secluded part of that. He could have done it all except any action requiring electricity or running water, he could have buried her alive, in fact...

He was a homebody who never went anywhere. Michelle was shocked thst half a tank of gas was gone, because he almost never went anywhere. I could see him researching a place ahead of time and go8ng there to dispose of her, but this was no expert outdoorsman who knew the countryside. He spent all his free time in the gym or playing video games....

He was a homebody who never went anywhere. Michelle was shocked thst half a tank of gas was gone, because he almost never went anywhere. I could see him researching a place ahead of time and go8ng there to dispose of her, but this was no expert outdoorsman who knew the countryside. He spent all his free time in the gym or playing video games....
Pre-planned.
This was not a normal day or she would be under the floorboards.
Vehicle, unlimited gas etc...

Random thought #3

You guys are giving this guy WAAAY to much credit as a criminal mastermind. He got caught because he was a dumbass who made too many mistakes and couldn’t keep his mouth shut. It appears that it just so happens that his best thought out and most well executed part of his plan was how to dispose of her -or maybe he just got lucky with this aspect.

I think the lack of recovery of her remains is, unfortunately, making lots of people think that he is more than he is.....

Random thought #3

You guys are giving this guy WAAAY to much credit as a criminal mastermind. He got caught because he was a dumbass who made too many mistakes and couldn’t keep his mouth shut. It appears that it just so happens that his best thought out and most well executed part of his plan was how to dispose of her -or maybe he just got lucky with this aspect.

I think the lack of recovery of her remains is, unfortunately, making lots of people think that he is more than he is.....
I can assure you and I'm all over this thread for more than 2 years that I never once witnessed anybody expressing the slightest but of respect for him. Never.
See Millar's Opening statement- says he is highly intelligent.

We're actually rather desperately investigating a possible location for her remains on purely humane grounds.
Nobody is genuflecting at the altar of his mania or IQ, except perhaps his nursery teachers who testified they wanted to hug him..

I can assure you and I'm all over this thread for more than 2 years that I never once witnessed anybody expressing the slightest but of respect for him. Never.
See Millar's Opening statement- says he is highly intelligent.

We're actually rather desperately investigating a possible location for her remains on purely humane grounds.
Nobody is genuflecting at the altar of his mania or IQ, except perhaps his nursery teachers who testified they wanted to hug him..

I didnt mean to imply people are expressing respect for him. Not at all. Rather, just that desperation and exasperation at the inability to recover her remains for her family are making people perhaps ascribe to him more ability than he has. Is he intelligent? Yes. Does this mean he is Bundy the Second and a mastermind? No. Charles Hill described him as book smart and not street smart. I think that is probably an apt description. Unfortunately, it seems that intelligence came through in his method of disposal. Or, again, he just got lucky....

Early afternoon. Most people still at work. Very possible it would be relatively safe. Plus. He would be in a position to know his neighbors' schedules. All that really matters is the schedules of those in the units around his in his building. And if she's gagged? Very little noise at all

I didnt mean to imply people are expressing respect for him. Not at all. Rather, just that desperation and exasperation at the inability to recover her remains for her family are making people perhaps ascribe to him more ability than he has. Is he intelligent? Yes. Does this mean he is Bundy the Second and a mastermind? No. Charles Hill described him as book smart and not street smart. I think that is probably an apt description. Unfortunately, it seems that intelligence came through in his method of disposal. Or, again, he just got lucky....
#SUBSTANTIAL PLANNING AND PREMEDITATION
Source-Christensen Superseding indictment

Bundy was a hero of his, there is ample written and taped evidence of this.
It may even imply that he studied Bundy's tactics- for disposing of a body.

He is known to be lazy, opening statement- he was terrified of getting a job.
Michelle's testimony- he couldn't even cook, his therapy session,his known habits and modus operandi.

Sure it's unlikely we will find her.
Let us at least try because that is why we are here, and these ideas and notions are not our own inventions but based upon what we actually know and ave had confirmed.

Did Bundy inspire his disposal or retention of YY?
I would imagine it is more likely than not based upon all of the above..
That is not to credit him with superior powers ,merely copy-cat behaviour,

It matters nothing whether he's lucky or a genius, we're trying to locate a missing person.

Yes. I think the logical inference is that since:

1) He abducted his victim in his backyard (figuratively)
2) He raped, tortured, ad killed inside his own house (not even his backyard)
3) That he disposed of the body in a place known to him and he felt comfortable and safe in (even it in reality he was not)

From the civil suit complaint:

"21. During this initial assessment, Defendant Christensen demonstrated his symptoms were of the highest levels of severity where he apparently indicated that: he lost touch with reality; felt helpless; felt disconnected from himself; felt isolated and alone; suffered from spells of terror or panic; experienced recurring nightmares or flashbacks; experienced sadness or anger at the thoughts of his family; and wished for improved relations with his family."

"25. Defendant Christensen also recounted that his wife left him two days earlier and that he did not want to live anymore."

"27. At this time, Defendant Christensen also told UICC staff he had chronically abused his depression medication prescribed by a psychiatrist at the McKinley Health Center. "

"33. During his subsequent assessment, Defendant Miebach found that Defendant Christensen had “passive suicidal ideations in response to conflicts inside his marriage.”

"34. Forewarning future events, Defendant Christensen revealed that he thought about murder “in an analytical fashion,” including killing a person and getting away with it. Defendant Christensen also admitted to having purchased items that could be used in the transport and disposal of a body."

"79. Defendants Miebach and Maupin affirmatively encouraged Defendant Christensen’s homicidal ideations where they effectively represented to Defendant Christensen that his symptoms had resolved by ceasing treatment of Defendant Christensen prior to the actual resolution of his symptoms."

Full 70-page federal complaint: https://media.wcia.com/nxsglobal/illinoishomepage/document_dev/2019/06/11/1 - Complaint Filed_1560264387898_91739583_ver1.0.pdf

Last edited:
Yes. I think the logical inference is that since:

1) He abducted his victim in his backyard (figuratively)
2) He raped, tortured, ad killed inside his own house (not even his backyard)
3) That he disposed of the body in a place known to him and he felt comfortable and safe in (even it in reality he was not)

Also, the masonry supply company and cement mixing facility is just down the street from his apartment, just to the west of the Kaufman lake park area.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin