Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Before prosecution played a video of Ms. Zhang's mother, Lifeng Ye, Brendt Christensen appeared to be crying, grabbing a tissue and bringing it to his eyes. (4/13)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 10m10 minutes ago
    "My life without her will not be complete," he said. (3/13)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 10m10 minutes ago
    Her father, Ronggao Zhang, started crying when shown a picture of him with her at the train station on her way to the U.S. and asked if that was the last time he saw her. (2/13)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

4. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 10m10 minutes ago
    Emotional testimony from Ms. Zhang's father and a video from her mother. (1/13

1. Said she would help out when donations were requested at school, and would give her financial aid to students in more need. (8/13)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 11m11 minutes ago
    Said she would help out with chores without needing to be asked, and would start doing her homework right away. (7/13)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 11m11 minutes ago
    "She was a very good child," her mother said. said she was always mature for her age and an excellent student. (6/13)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

4. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 11m11 minutes ago
    During testimony from the family, he's been looking down or had his eyes closed

1. "My daughter did not get to wear a wedding dress," she said. "I really wanted to be a grandma." (12/13)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 12m12 minutes ago
    "I also so much wanted to see her in a wedding dress," she said while crying. Said she can no longer go to weddings bc she thinks of Ms. Zhang. (11/13)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 12m12 minutes ago
    Said she was pleased with Ms. Zhang's boyfriend and looked forward to them getting married. (10/13)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Show this thread

4. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 12m12 minutes ago
    "How am I supposed to carry on living?" her mom asked. "I really don't know how to carry on." (9/13)

#YingyingZhang's younger brother is called. "She is a sister, she is a friend, and she is also a teacher," his translator says he says. "Since I lost her, I feel lost, because I no longer have my teacher to guide me." @WCIA3

D_Dyl2GWkAE_UgA.jpg

Lifeng says she wanted Yingying to marry and have children ASAP. Says she wanted to see her in a wedding dress. "My daughter did not get to wear a wedding dress," she says. Says she can't go to weddings because she'll break down in tears @WCIA3

On video, #YingyingZhang's mother Lifeng Ye calls her daughter her "everything". "How am I supposed to carry on? I really don't know how to carry on without her." All sketches by Joe McGuire @WCIA3

D_D0J_XWkAE9qN9.jpg

this

1. The juror made no comment but simply stood and walked out of court while watching a video of Zhang's mother, Lifeng Ye, describe her pain in never getting the change to see her daughter get married

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

Show this thread

2. Matt Masterson‏ @ByMattMasterson 25m25 minutes ago
    Christensen himself began crying in court after Zhang's father, Ronggao, burst into tears while looking at a photo of himself with his daughter just before she left for the U.S. - the last time he saw her alive.

Show this thread

3. Matt Masterson‏ @ByMattMasterson 31m31 minutes ago
    A female juror stood and walked out of court this afternoon while listening to emotional testimony from Yingying Zhang's mother

1. hat juror is being taken for individual questioning with the judge. His clerk confirmed she was crying as she left court. Federal defender Elizabeth Pollock said she's never seen a juror act like that before and has "serious questions" about her ability to be fair and impartial

Show this thread

2. Matt Masterson‏ @ByMattMasterson 20m20 minutes ago
    U.S District Court Judge James Shadid immediately called for a brief recess to let the juror collect herself. We'll pick back up shortly.

1. hat juror is being taken for individual questioning with the judge. His clerk confirmed she was crying as she left court. Federal defender Elizabeth Pollock said she's never seen a juror act like that before and has "serious questions" about her ability to be fair and impartial

Show this thread

2. Matt Masterson‏ @ByMattMasterson 20m20 minutes ago
    U.S District Court Judge James Shadid immediately called for a brief recess to let the juror collect herself. We'll pick back up shortly.
This is so incredibly sad. So hard to watch raw emotion like this. That poor family. And there is nothing anyone can do to alleviate their pain.

Her father, Ronggao Zhang, started crying when shown a picture of him with her at the train station on her way to the U.S. and asked if that was the last time he saw her.

“My life without her will not be complete,” he said.

Before prosecution played a video of Ms. Zhang’s mother, Lifeng Ye,
Brendt Christensen appeared to be crying, grabbing a tissue and bringing it to his eyes.

I hope nobody gets conned by this.......

this

At this point, a juror appeared to just get up and leave, and we're taking a 15 minute break (13/13)

Honestly surprised this (or something similar) hasn't happened sooner in this whole sordid charade... these jurors are human beings for godsake, not robots (but no doubt more grounds for mistrial from Defense #&@*}^!! perspective).

Honestly surprised this (or something similar) hasn't happened sooner in this whole sordid charade... these jurors are human beings for godsake, not robots (but no doubt more grounds for mistrial from Defense #&@*}^!! perspective).
true, dehumanization appears to be the name of their long and winding game

Her father, Ronggao Zhang, started crying when shown a picture of him with her at the train station on her way to the U.S. and asked if that was the last time he saw her.

“My life without her will not be complete,” he said.

Before prosecution played a video of Ms. Zhang’s mother, Lifeng Ye,
Brendt Christensen appeared to be crying, grabbing a tissue and bringing it to his eyes.

I hope nobody gets conned by this.......
#Appeared to be crying.
LIVE: Christensen sentencing phase, Day 2

#GrabTissue
#PutIt2YourEyes
#HeyPresto

I was planning on trying to attend some of this at the Urbana courthouse viewing room, but it sounds like the prosecution will finish today or at the latest, tomorrow morning. Thus everything after will BC's mitigation stuff. I am in no mood to sit through a bunch of crap that is person after person recounting what a good boy BC was growing up, so I'm not going to observe any of that.

However, if this phase has closing statements as in the guilt phase, I will attend that.
ITA. I feel sorry for the jury having to listen to 41 people. If they all have 5 minutes that's nearly 4 hours of totally irrelevant BS in my opinion. Whatever difference can it make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname