Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #11 *GUILTY*

gosh, they have also postponed the memorial service
he memorial service is also being postponed, Beckett said. No other details at the moment
Quote Tweet

GxqdFdsb_normal.jpg

Ben Zigterman

@bzigterman
· Jul 31
Memorial service for slain UI scholar set Monday (link: UPDATE: Memorial service for slain UI scholar postponed) news-gazette.com/news/memorial-

You and I are right on top of this....

I hope this means they think they might be getting close to finding her. They have known this info since July 25th, and the memorial was announced on Monday the 29th. Why cancel it now, and why announce this info now?

I am keeping my fingers crossed....

I hope this means they think they might be getting close to finding her. They have known this info since July 25th, and the memorial was announced on Monday the 29th. Why cancel it now, and why announce this info now?

I'm afraid to hope, too many crashes are possible..
I just cannot possibly imagine why they delayed memorial service... unless... hardly.... is it possible they have already found her? Hardly... Surely not??

Not sure which January @Laughing..
there were reports of areas of landfill in various locations cordoned off by the feds in 2017 and 2018...
I wonder whether this effort from his defense is about securing him a nice comfy hotel for the remainder of his days or until someone decides otherwise?
I hope he gets maximum security Colorado.
Because he killed her, he hid her and he's still playing games with the system and her family.. he would get high on the thought of causing further suffering- hope to despair..
He won't try that with El Chapo's gentle people..
I'd almost start a petition to that effect.

we're not on top of it
Ben has deleted that tweet and if you klik link it goes to here
UPDATE: Memorial service for slain UI scholar postponed

scratching my brains here
eDIT, correct link back now but tweet still deleted??

I'm afraid to hope, too many crashes are possible..
I just cannot possibly imagine why they delayed memorial service... unless... hardly.... is it possible they have already found her? Hardly... Surely not??

the reason given for the delay of the press conference today to Wednesday was so Zhidong Wang could attend, as he is currently in China. Maybe they want him to be able to attend the memorial as well, but why even schedule it for Monday if you already knew he was out of town? Also, why even announce this today and plan a press conference for this afternoon if no new info for the family had materialized? They knew this info about the landfill on July 25th

the reason given for the delay of the press conference today to Wednesday was so Zhidong Wang could attend, as he is currently in China. Maybe they want him to be able to attend the memorial as well, but why even schedule it for Monday if you already knew he was out of town? Also, why even announce this today and plan a press conference for this afternoon if no new info for the family had materialized? They knew this info about the landfill on July 25th
That's what's so weird and the possibility is that it also formed part of the famous secret plea discussions, January 18, December '17?

UNLESS
he actually brought her body there himself and buried it? In a specific location? AN EXACT LOCATION?
could it be?
Bypassed the system in his neighborhood..?
The petrol
How far is the Vermillion landfill from his apartment, approximately?

If they only knew on 25th for sure.. there was time to go in there with cadaver dogs..
a week...?
Remember the funds they raised?
They had always contemplating using those funds for their own search.
Is it possible they actually did that?
If he's lying again I feel like choking him myself.
Be a better chance of getting past El Chapo than this slippery fish..

However, Zhang family attorney Steve Beckett tells the ABC7 I-Team that federal authorities now have reason to believe Christensen disposed of the woman's body in a way that her remains could have ended up in a Vermilion County dumpsite.
That information, according to Beckett, was provided to the government by Christensen's attorneys un
der an immunity agreement.
"When the family first came here, their wish was to find Yingying and bring her home," said the Zhang family's attorney Zhidong Wang said after Christensen's sentencing in June. "That's still, that's still their hope."
U of I kidnap victim Yingying Zhang's body could be in downstate landfill

Way back when I was actually monitoring various landfills for awhile on Google Earth (including Danville) for police presence I managed to look up which landfills were the end depository for which, IF ANY, Champaign neighborhoods — I’m too lazy to try to do that again, but someone else may wish to. It won’t tell us much, but would indicate (IF this story is even true) if he utilized his own neighborhood dumpsters, which I doubt, or drove some distance away for disposal.

So they " knew " since the 25th? Now the memorial service and the Beckett announcement is on hold till next week? Sigh. If this was a B rated tv show I'd be tempted to change the channel. I sincerely hope this delay is because they are currently searching that landfill and not so some pompous lawyer can grab some sensationalism airtime.
Chambana. Does your dad know if they're searching there?

Way back when I was actually monitoring various landfills for awhile on Google Earth (including Danville) for police presence I managed to look up which landfills were the end depository for which, IF ANY, Champaign neighborhoods — I’m too lazy to try to do that again, but someone else may wish to. It won’t tell us much, but would indicate (IF this story is even true) if he utilized his own neighborhood dumpsters, which I doubt, or drove some distance away for disposal.

I'm pretty sure all trash from this area goes to Danville. It's the only active landfill I'm even aware of in this area

I'm pretty sure all trash from this area goes to Danville. It's the only active landfill I'm even aware of in this area
mmmm... my vague recollection was finding at least 3 landfills used by the Champaign-Urbana metropolitan area, with the largest being in Clinton, but I'll be happy to stand corrected if so. (also, it's likely that various industrial dumpsters get emptied at different locales than residential dumpsters)

So. Let's just sum up the genius that is BC. He kidnapped a young woman in broad daylight using a fairly unique vehicle that further had an identifying broken hubcap. He left hours of incriminating **** on his computer. Left a bloody bat on the floor. Told at least one person ( on tape no less ) that he did do it. Then he orders a 6' long duffle bag...sticks her in it and walks his lazy *advertiser censored* like 20' to a dumpster??
Wow. It would take Sherlock Holmes to unravel such an insidious, well prepared plan.
My only thoughts now are. Being as her body is now possibly covered in over 2 years of refuse...will they even attempt a retrieval?
My other thought is...I know a lot of you wanted the DP. I get that. But if he had , he would be in Terre Haute under 24 hr segregation. With LWOP there is a chance he could land someplace where he could eventually be part of the general population.
Here's what some people I know that have been there told me. First off...BC is not a street savvy ****. But he's probably gonna act like one. Plus prison rules are not like ours...there are people who will confront him...if for no other reason than to show that they are far more dangerous. BC will not be attacked for the reasons that you and I would think. For the honor of YY. but more for the reputation.
One last factoid. One of my friends told me the other day ( and this is just his take on this ). That picture of BC...the one with the scruffy beard and the mob hitman glare? It infuriates him. Lol. So for me...I hope BC spends many years being abused in many ways.
Nothing worse than a criminal who's also stupid...
"I hope BC spends many years being abused in many ways" me too! He really deserves to be treated very very bad.

“The information was provided to the prosecution under an immunity agreement. This information came from the defense lawyers, and that information indicated that the remains, as it traced down, could be found in a landfill in Vermilion County,” said the family’s attorney, Steve Beckett.

He plans to provide more information to media later today.

The family found out about this information after the trial on July 25th.....

In December 2017, about six months after Ms. Zhang was last seen, Christensen’s lawyers and the prosecution began negotiating a possible plea agreement, but that eventually fell through.

The prosecutors offered to take the death penalty off the table if Christensen revealed the location of Ms. Zhang’s remains.

His lawyers suggested a modification that would make the contingent only on providing information about her remains.

Christensen's lawyers said finding Ms. Zhang’s remains was something “over which he had no control. … He could not guarantee that the victim’s remains would be found.”

More info to come apparently.

It was speculated several times that his lazy arse may have just put it in the dumpsters. However, weren't there cameras on the apartment dumpsters?

Cameras were added after the kidnapping/murder.

mmmm... my vague recollection was finding at least 3 landfills used by the Champaign-Urbana metropolitan area, with the largest being in Clinton, but I'll be happy to stand corrected if so. (also, it's likely that various industrial dumpsters get emptied at different locales than residential dumpsters)

You are correct. I was unaware of the one in Clinton. And now I see that there's also one in Decatur. Even tho Clinton and Danville are pretty much the same distance from Champaign it appears as if the majority of town uses Republic waste who hauls to Danville. ( vermillion county)

You are correct. I was unaware of the one in Clinton. And now I see that there's also one in Decatur. Even tho Clinton and Danville are pretty much the same distance from Champaign it appears as if the majority of town uses Republic waste who hauls to Danville. ( vermillion county)

Also. Since this " sudden " declaration , I've gotta believe they were told more than we are hearing at this time.
Stay tuned tho...press conferences to come...o say..maybe next week! Geezus

I think it is very likely. My dad explained how garbage is dumped in certain areas of the landfill. My father was interviewed by the FBI January 2019 for those wondering. He had an hour long interview, asking him if he remembers anything “unusual” the day he went to stone gate apartments, to empty dumpsters.

BC clearly scoped our the garbage pick up days, and probably watched the times like a hawk. It’s to easy. Michelle is returning Sunday evening, garbage pickup for his complex is early Monday morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back