Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's... not even close in my opinion
In looking at the grainy video still the sketch artist had to work with, I'd say it is very close. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm assuming he was at the vigil/rally before he was questioned by cops when he said was playing video games and later changing it to he gave her a ride because she look distressed.

I don't think so. I think he admitted picking her up on the 14th or 15th. This rally was June 29, so the day before the arrest.

In looking at the grainy video still the sketch artist had to work with, I'd say it is very close. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I mean, they're close considering what he had to work with. But, I would never match those sketches with this guy. He certainly got the beard, right, though.

Video of him walking with the woman during the vigil, glances at camera area.
https://youtu.be/My3lAXn67CM
[video=youtu;My3lAXn67CM]http://youtu.be/My3lAXn67CM[/video]

Notice the camera was moving along with him as he passed.

Somone operating that camera was interested in him when he passed. Wonder if the FBI maybe had people disguised as news crews there to cover the vigil. Cameraman was sure interested in him as he passed because they turned the camera along with him as he went by.

[bbm]

now that's an interesting thought!

Somone operating that camera was interested in him when he passed. Wonder if the FBI maybe had people disguised as news crews there to cover the vigil. Cameraman was sure interested in him as he passed because they turned the camera along with him as he went by.

I'm having a hard time getting on board with this. If this was filmed by the FBI, why would it be released? I mean, it's possible that there were fake news crews there specifically to surveil him, but it doesn't make sense that this specific camera person was one of the fakes. If so, this would be held as evidence of the investigation, not released to youtube or wherever.

I'm having a hard time getting on board with this. If this was filmed by the FBI, why would it be released? I mean, it's possible that there were fake news crews there specifically to surveil him, but it doesn't make sense that this specific camera person was one of the fakes. If so, this would be held as evidence of the investigation, not released to youtube or wherever.

I have to agree with you. News crews take copious amounts of filler footage, most of which is trashed. I don't think this is fbi.

Good point.

I guess it could have just been a news crew filming various people as they went by. The camera was real low in this instance and so they must have been squatting like they sometimes do to get a unique angle.

Knowing this place, Krannert Center, she is well behind the crowd crossing at an angle to meet up with him. That building would have been open at the time. I think she is coming from the building, possibly the bathroom.

Wow smiling as if he's at a party. Cocky, arrogant, and suspicious. And look at her face in contrast. She knows. She's dismayed and totally uncomfortable.

My first impression was that she looked uncomfortable and sad. But hard to tell. How do we know he didnt attend the vigil to make LE think he was innocent and distraught. If not, he must have really felt powerful seeing the human grief and fear he had caused.

Knowing this place, Krannert Center, she is well behind the crowd crossing at an angle to meet up with him. That building would have been open at the time. I think she is coming from the building, possibly the bathroom.

I wonder if she met up with someone in the bathroom to be wired?

An undercover officer would have an iPhone with an app running in the background without being seen," explains Tag 5 owner Russell Davies. "While running, it's sending audio to the Phantom, which is a hardware box that talks to the iPhone and decodes it. If you need it to go to another location, audio can be rebroadcast to another IP address."
This means a team waiting in the wings to back up an officer in the middle of a sting operation can listen to the audio as it's being recorded and know when to intercede. The audio can also be heard in multiple locations at the same time.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/technology/articles/2011/01/wireless-body-wire-technology.aspx

Why do y'all think the FBI waited a full day from gathering the audio evidence to arrest him? My first inclination is to think, wow they put that poor girl in danger. Probably not because I'm sure they had eyes and ears everywhere. But still, what could the reasoning be in waiting for the arrest?

Looks like blue bullet proof vest to me, but hard to tell from a distance. I can safely guess that it was not a sweater vest, given the temps in the MW this time of year.

Prior to the vigil where the FBI seems to imply they recorded audio, they had possession of his phone. Could they have loaded software on his phone that made the mic live and transmit? Maybe via Bluetooth? There may not have been anyone other than the accused who was wired.

Looks like blue bullet proof vest to me, but hard to tell from a distance. I can safely guess that it was not a sweater vest, given the temps in the MW this time of year.

It it does look funny but why even wear a vest? The FBI at the apartment aren't wearing vests when he was arrested.

I wonder if she met up with someone in the bathroom to be wired?

I think this almost has to be the case. Those comments that he allegedly made at the vigil were likely picked up from close range. The crowd at the vigil appears to be dense enough that bugging from afar would likely pick up too much background audio to catch what he said.
Other possibility is that his backpack was bugged, but I don't think that's likely. He just engaged in a high profile crime, and had been questioned by police already. I'd imagine he would be very wary of surveillance/bugs/etc. Too risky to plant something like that.

Prior to the vigil where the FBI seems to imply they recorded audio, they had possession of his phone. Could they have loaded software on his phone that made the mic live and transmit? Maybe via Bluetooth? There may not have been anyone other than the accused who was wired.

Ooh. That's a distinct possibility, too.

Why do y'all think the FBI waited a full day from gathering the audio evidence to arrest him? My first inclination is to think, wow they put that poor girl in danger. Probably not because I'm sure they had eyes and ears everywhere. But still, what could the reasoning be in waiting for the arrest?
Warrants maybe?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members